It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuation Warning! - Yellowstone National Park (Non Official)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+74 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Evacuation Warning! Yellowstone National Park Area

www.worldwidewaterplan.com

Update time = Thu Jan 1 19:31:44 UTC 2009

Posted by geologist Christopher C. Sanders on January 1, 2009.

"I am advising all State officials around Yellowstone National Park for a potential State of Emergency. In the last week over 300 earthquakes have been observed by the USGS. We have a 3D view on the movement of magma rising underground. We have all of the pre warning signs of a major eruption from a super volcano. - I want everyone to leave Yellowstone National Park and for 200 miles around the volcano caldera."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Title changed to include "Non Official" to reflect the warning is from a private geologist and not a "Official Government Spokesperson".

[edit on 1-2-2009 by worldwatcher]

[edit on 2-1-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
A geologist has just issued a warning for people to get out in a 200 mile circumference of Yellowstone National Park. I don't believe he is a US government official, but a private geologist. Let's find out who is really is.

If he is a hoax I hope they arrest him, because this is worrying a lot of people, but here is what I have found on him doing a Google search thus far.

I have done a search on his name via Google here is what I have come up with for Mr. Sanders.

OK! Here is what I have found on him so far

www.myspace.com...

www.agu.org...

This maybe him here too not sure what else he does.

www.naturalgasgroup.com...

NON OFFICIAL EVACUATION.

There is one of the biggest threads I have ever seen on ats in regards to this happening.

Anyone you know in that area should be emailed this information.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I truly hope nothing large happens because it would effect the entire world in a very bad way.

www.worldwidewaterplan.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-1-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Ah great, and I was hoping this year would be better than the last. Give me a moment to toss the last remaining hope out the window.

This is a scary scenario. I hope it doesn't come true.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Seems like this is only one person sounding the warning. Sounds like a false warning to me. If that thing was on the Verge of going off, I would expect a governor or the President to sound the alarm.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yeah, but this is just a private geologist. Nothing official, ....yet.

Hopefully, there's nothing to worry about. It's good to keep an eye on developments in the other thread, though.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
wow...hopefully its just a precaution they are taking and it doesnt erupt...if that thing blows big god help us all.Definetly getting flagged and starred

link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Ah great, and I was hoping this year would be better than the last. Give me a moment to toss the last remaining hope out the window.

This is a scary scenario. I hope it doesn't come true.

Sorry man.

I just want everyone in the area to be aware and be safe, if something like this should blow we'll all need to stick together and help each other out.

link   
i am in DENVER, so I am already evacuated...good. Now I need oatmeal, top ramen, and some tortillas. Should be safe for a while. Let me know how everyone else does.

link   
wow, all i can say is HOLY #@^@^@

i hope it doesnt blow, and yet, i still cant help but remember that there was a person on ats who was an abductee. She said that the ets told her to remember the state Wyoming, or was it casper wyoming. i hope nothing happens because that would really put the united states in emergency!

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Wow. I am truly worried by this. I'd like to know who the geologist is and what his data/sources are (in print?) Ugg....

ColoradoJens

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
wow, all i can say is HOLY #@^@^@

i hope it doesnt blow, and yet, i still cant help but remember that there was a person on ats who was an abductee. She said that the ets told her to remember the state Wyoming, or was it casper wyoming. i hope nothing happens because that would really put the united states in emergency!

Not just the USA, but the entire world.

The ash from something like Yellowstone popping would be devastating world wide for the atmosphere and trying to grow anything for years, not to mention supercold climates everywhere.

Let's hope it is just a small burp.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Doesn't seem like a very credible source.

If you see his youtube video he is way over-acting and it seems extremely sensationalist.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Check this out, news item from US News www.usnews.com...
Quote from that article from Yellowstone geologist, Paul Doss
["And how much warning would you get if Yellowstone was going to go?"
He shrugged. "Nobody was around the last time it blew, so nobody knows what the warning signs are. Probably you would have swarms of earthquakes and some surface uplift and possibly some changes in the patterns of behavior of the geysers and steam vents, but nobody really knows."

"So it could just blow without warning?"

He nodded thoughtfully. The trouble, he explained, is that nearly all the things that would constitute warning signs already exist in some measure at Yellowstone. "Earthquakes are generally a precursor of volcanic eruptions, but the park already has lots of earthquakes-1,260 of them last year. Most of them are too small to be felt, but they are earthquakes nonetheless."]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This guy is not an "official" spokesman for the U.S. Gov !

Though I agree with what he is saying, he does not have the authority to issue such a statement.

Here is the URL for his You Tube video:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-1-2009 by yankeerose]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This warning plus what is happing in the sky later a notoriously unpredictable meteor display. www.space.com...

?????????.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This warning plus what is happing in the sky later a notoriously unpredictable meteor display. www.space.com...

?????????.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
www.denverpost.com...

They have recorded 3 quakes over 3 magnitude today alone and 2 additional over 3's yesterday.

I also found this: www.usnews.com...:capital-commerce:yellowstone-earthqua kes-supervolcano-update

Paul Doss is heavily quoted in this article and he sounds very level headed. He actually is asked about a potential evacuation, and his reply doesn't exactly strike me as that of a man who believes it would be able to be conducted outside of an extraordinary event:

Evacuating Yellowstone would never be easy. The park gets some three million visitors a year, mostly in the three peak months of summer. The park's roads are comparatively few and they are kept intentionally narrow, partly to slow traffic, partly to preserve an air of picturesqueness, and partly because of topographical constraints. At the height of summer, it can easily take half a day to cross the park and hours to get anywhere within it. "Whenever people see animals, they just stop, wherever they are," Doss says. "We get bear jams. We get bison jams. We get wolf jams."

Edited to correct an erroneous misread on my part. Paul Doss wasn't the geologist who issued this warning. Don't know how I made that mistaken connection.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by burdman30ott6]

+45 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I find it funny that you people would actually have the audacity to expect your state/government to issue you an evacuation warning, at least not until the last minute. If that lone geologist is trying to give people a warning days in advance, and people are laughing at him, I would imagine the scenario to play out like a rather well known disaster movie... you've been warned. I believe people have gotten a little too arrogant about the continuity and comfort of their own environment. You don't pay enough attention to what the planet is actually trying to tell you.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Seems like this is only one person sounding the warning. Sounds like a false warning to me. If that thing was on the Verge of going off, I would expect a governor or the President to sound the alarm.

Normally I would totally agree with you....

But.... Don't you think that if a governor or the MSN actually did sound the alarm, that widespread panic would happen?

Okay...taking my tin foil hat off now.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Wow! Great post OP! If more geologists back this decision, this could be HUGE!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join