It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evacuation Warning! - Yellowstone National Park (Non Official)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This would be a -very-bad event if it were to happen. 200 miles would just be the start. If I am not mistaken I read last time this happened there was ash 6 ft thick on the ground as far east as the Chicago area. Mass graves for animals not because of heat but instead because they suffucated as they breathed in what was more or less glass shards that cut their lungs to ribbons. Bet on a global weather cool down as well.

Good news for Polar Bears!

I knew there was a silver lining

Star and Flag

Keep your ears to the ground and eyes on the sky.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by Helmkat]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TARBOX

Really doesn't matter who announces, it will still bring widespread panic. What were you feeling when you first read the title. I am just under the impression that since it is a SUPER volcano that the governor or President would have a contingency plan to deal with the matter. Simply saying evacuate the area with no plan in place is chaotic itself. But I see where your coming from.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Not worried about this at all. Frankly, couldn't care less. Maybe the USA is Mystery Babylon after all, and this will be it's demise. Was hoping it was Rome, but it really doesn't matter. Let's turn it from simmer, up to medium high.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

What were you feeling when you first read the title.

Honestly...I was in shock and scared at the same time.

I get what you are saying. And most likely you are correct

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
As of now the USGS still says code green

YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO OBSERVATORY MONTHLY UPDATE
Thursday, January 1, 2009 07:57 MST (Thursday, January 1, 2009 14:57 UTC)

YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO (CAVW#1205-01-)
44.43°N 110.67°W, Summit Elevation 9203 ft (2805 m)
Volcano Alert Level: NORMAL
Aviation Color Code: GREEN

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

[edit on 2-1-2009 by deadcatsrule]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TARBOX

Don't worry.

I felt the same way.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat. . .If I am not mistaken I read last time this happened there was ash 6 ft thick on the ground as far east as the Chicago area. Mass graves for animals not because of heat but instead because they suffucated as they breathed in what was more or less glass shards that cut their lungs to ribbons. . .

So would people also not be breathing in this same stuff? Or was it because they were basically "buried" in the ash? Thanks.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
No Worries folks - the web bot didn't pick up on it - it can't be real.

This guy knows what he is talking about as we have known all of this information for many years. It's just time to get a little more watchful and wary now that the earthquakes have picked up.

I was a bit miffed too though to find that he did not have the authority to issue any real warning - any more than myself (or a web bot) does.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TARBOX

Originally posted by jam321
Seems like this is only one person sounding the warning. Sounds like a false warning to me. If that thing was on the Verge of going off, I would expect a governor or the President to sound the alarm.

Normally I would totally agree with you....

But.... Don't you think that if a governor or the MSN actually did sound the alarm, that widespread panic would happen?

Okay...taking my tin foil hat off now.

yea I think they would just let us all die in peace and unaware

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'd wait for some corroboration before I made any rash judgments.

All of this hoo-ha sounds like unnecessary panic.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
There is a thread covering Yellowstones Earthquake swarm HERE with alot of info and less hype.

Its alot more informative than scaring people for stars.

And its been going on for a WHOLE WEEK now with alot of Great posts and posters.

Nice job on the headline though, you got all the attention.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
so have we heard anything more about this ???? I bet the American goverment cant wait for something like this in order to start the roll out of troops to round up the people and 'keep them safe'........

I hope it turns out to be a small quake and nothing too major......

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I've been following the other thread about Yellowstone activity since its early stages and this 'swarm' event is something that is not going away. I thought that it had finally calmed down enough a few days ago but that was for only a few hours and now activity is continuing with somewhat increased activity. I do not think there is sufficient information available to us to sound the 'alarm' just yet, but this is certainly something to keep an eye on. Here is my impression on the information presented thusfar:
- There have been hundreds of little earthquakes in the area which have been small and shallow.
- There is history of both hydrothermal and volcanic activity at the site.
- If a hydrothermal explosion occurs: a lot of steam, rock, dirt goes kablewy and that is about it.
- If a volcanic eruption occurs at the site, it could impact life worldwide.
- No swarm of this intensity and duration has been witnessed by man at the site before.
- Some of the seismographs are indicating what appears (to untrained novices such as myself) to be harmonic tremors which points to underground flow of water, steam or magma.
- The web bot did predict 'language' which is consistent with a major event of this type and scale to occur - albeit earlier in December.

Now the good news:
- The self-proclaimed 'geologist' in the video is not an official for any reputable agency.
- All activity has been below a Magnitude 4 on the Richter Scale.
- There have been no warnings from any official agency regarding this activity and MSM has reported on the story a bit over the past few days.

I should also note that there is no consensus on ATS regarding proper policy to deal with the release of information regarding an event of this size. In other words, should the gov't learn that a major eruption is eminent, should they declare the emergency or just let it happen? The dilemma stems from the fact that a large eruption of this site would result in most of the middle of the USA to become a wasteland covered in ash and debris. Hundreds of thousands to millions would die in the first several days. After that, the ash would continue to blow eastward as gasses seep into the stratosphere causing a global decrease in temperature. So what would the point of a warning be? It would only cause panic and would not provide any real protection for those at immediate risk.

My impression is that indeed something is moving toward the surface or a path of least resistance. With the current data, it is not possible to determine if it could be an underground pressure release which will fizzle out, or an explosion of some sort. In my humble opinion, I would guess that any release to the surface will be hydrothermal in nature due to the relative stability in the region preceding the events of the past few weeks.

In summary, keep a level head and keep an eye on the news coming from USGS. Any news about ground deformations, gas releases or 'booms' in the air should be indicators of something big happening soon. Otherwise, it is probably 'stuff' moving underground and may just end with a new geyser or GT eruption.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadcatsrule
As of now the USGS still says code green

YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO OBSERVATORY MONTHLY UPDATE
Thursday, January 1, 2009 07:57 MST (Thursday, January 1, 2009 14:57 UTC)

YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO (CAVW#1205-01-)
44.43°N 110.67°W, Summit Elevation 9203 ft (2805 m)
Volcano Alert Level: NORMAL
Aviation Color Code: GREEN

WONDERFULL! As that site displays information regarding the previous day, we all now know without a doubt that the Yellowstone caldera did NOT erupt yesterday, Jan. 1st, 2009. The fact that the site does not update in real time or at least periodically throught the current day is somewhat aggrivating considering the fact that such technology is easy to obtain and should be in use by the government to keep people as updated as humanly possible.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I have no idea who this guy is, and to be honest he doesn't seem very reliable, but the the data he uses is sound, and if he's right then it's literally all over. Yes it's doom and gloom, but I remember my biology professor used to assure me that if Yellowstone blew, most life on the planet would end in the ensuring blackout from the ash.

This guy seriously better be exaggerating.

link   
reply to post by lel1111

You would die from breathing the ash. It is very fine, so unelss you had some sort of gas mask, you would have to use a very fine wet cloth. The ash mixes with the mucus in your lungs and turns into, well, basically, cement. You would drown.

We have been watching it on this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
for several days now.

Most likely a hydrothermal explosion or eruption, but who knows. Funny thing is the RSOE site the other day listed it as a volcano alert there. Then some of the sensors and readings went down, not RSOE has no earthquakes listed for the US. Well, there are some there, but they have no dates.
hisz.rsoe.hu...
Well, I'm wrong, it's back to listing a volcano for 12/29.

Long story short. Many of us have been watching this for days. Homeland Security has been basically monitoring the U of U and USGS and GEE have been having problems, FEMA issued a statement. It is not being heavily aired by MSM. That's it in a nutshell. Please don't ask for links. You would have to go check the other topic. There have been 10 pages added since I left work, so I'm going to catch up on reading over there.

Sorry if I left anything out or misstated anything. I'm trying to go by memory and it's all muddled right now.

At least someone has had the nerve to say something instead of trying to hide it all. But, probably not a super volcano eruption, but no one can say what, where or when.

link   

Originally posted by lel1111

Originally posted by Helmkat. . .If I am not mistaken I read last time this happened there was ash 6 ft thick on the ground as far east as the Chicago area. Mass graves for animals not because of heat but instead because they suffucated as they breathed in what was more or less glass shards that cut their lungs to ribbons. . .

So would people also not be breathing in this same stuff? Or was it because they were basically "buried" in the ash? Thanks.

The animals breathed in the ash, sufficated and then were buried. SO if it does happen run out and buy filter masks for you and your pets ASAP.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
He's probably a member here.
I had watched a documentary the other day and they said there would be over a 1,000 earth quakes in a very short time. Maybe someone is also misinterpreting the data. In either case, there's not much I can do anyway, except do some more shopping.

So, what kind of mask do I need for this anyway?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join