It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what Proof would convince the entire world that Aliens are visiting this planet ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I really think it would just take a large enough group seeing something undeniable of other fact. Whether it be destructive or not. If they decide to show themselves to us to let us know they are here then they will make sure its seen world wide.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Bandaidcntrl is on the right track here. As selfish as the human race is currently, it's possible to kill someone on mere evidence, not proof as you state. Since when has indisputable evidence not been the unfeigned definition of the word proof anyway?

My point...unless it is personal, 100% of the people on this planet simply won't have the capacity to commit 100% of their belief to it. Obviously a certain percentage will, I mean look at religion. See any evidence or proof of that? And how many people have died in that cause from 100% committal? Yet for 100% belief and the ability to take it for granted as utterly unquestionable, it would certainly have to be a very personal spiritual experience for each of us in our own little worlds that are usually no bigger than our own heads, or perhaps extending only to the outskirts of the bubble we put around our loved ones and people who impact our lives extensively. Simply hearing about and even seeing a landing on mainstream media (chuckle) can be disputed in a plethora of ways. Anyone ever hear of black projects? Isn't this place called Above Top Secret?

No. I personally will never be convinced until the powers that be have no use for it, and I am overtaken by the voice so calm yet so loud as to drown out everything else no matter what I'm doing telling me to go outside, meet them personally, and have a look at what would have to be incomprehensible to me little gadgets with explanations as to what they do.

I would then probably have to slap myself, slap them, feel them up and vomit for it all to sink in.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrnBdry
I think that the only thing that would convince the world that aliens exist is if they attacked.

PERIOD.

i don't know if a peaceful landing would do the trick. i guess it would depend on what exactly happened and how many of them or it showed up. obviously if there were ships landing everywhere in the world it would be hard to dismiss the reality of it.

if they were attacking us then there is no doubt everyone would have to believe it. of course the movie Independence would be a worst case scenario.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lagnar

Since when has indisputable evidence not been the unfeigned definition of the word proof anyway?

My point...unless it is personal, 100% of the people on this planet simply won't have the capacity to commit 100% of their belief to it.

indisputable evidence may only be proof for some people and you proved that with your very next statement.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Sorry, guys, I just don't understand this 'boo-hoo' no meanie-pants skeptics will believe us schtick.

Of course skeptics will believe solid evidence and all the crying about someone not believing a 'story' is just silly.

No amount of boo-hooing and crying elevates these stories and fuzzy 'blobsquatches' to the level of evidence of non-human, non-terrestrial visitation, no matter how much we'd all like it.

meani-pants skeptics ?

seriously Badge there maybe some skeptical people that may consider a persons story but your gonna have to admit that most hardcore skeptics will not believe witness testimony. i am a skeptical believer and even i don't believe some of the story's i have read or heard.

the only problem that i have with some skeptics(not You) is they keep demanding proof and most likely the proof they require will not come from controversial evidence.

so why do they keep demanding it ?

[edit on 21-12-2008 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
i consider myself to be rather skeptical when it comes to the unknown. raised catholic and attending catholic school i questioned catholicism vigorously and never found the answers i needed to believe. my education on alien life proved equally mysterious with equally fruitless validation. that is until crop circles.

once i looked into crop circles, any doubt of alien existence that i had was gone. crop circles tell me that aliens exist. i don't know how else they can possibly be explained? hearing so called respectable scientists try to explain their doubts only further solidifies my belief.

so, if crop circles don't do it, anything short of aliens going door to door introducing themselves, hasn't got a chance.

jz

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
A body - preferably alive.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
A UFO crashing into itsa small world (disneyland) on the 4th of July...

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Again, I agree that confirmation from an authority figure would be good enough for most people (i.e., US presidental address, press conference from a high-ranking military figure who has NOT yet retired, media with sources, etc.). no matter how much evidence you present, it would not be sufficient to convince everyone. Given the number of people on ATS who think that the moon landing was a hoax, can you imagine how many more would be unable to accept alien visitation? 6 billion people can't unanimously agree on anything being true!

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

that is until crop circles.

really ?

there is no doubt in my mind that some crop circles are man made so i find your validation in them to be interesting.

if we could somehow prove whatever process was creating them was Alien, then we might have some strong evidence but it certainly is not proof enough to convince everyone in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1rked44
I think it would take all of humanity witnessing an event that could not possibly be human-caused, such as the cessation of rotation of our planet within 10 seconds, hold it a hour or so and start it back up to full speed in 10 seconds, all without a single life lost. That would prove the existence of intelligent extra-terrestrial life, and we'd know better than to mess with such entities.

or they knew it was going to happen and claim they did it.

or humans knew it was going to happen and claim that bad fake aliens did it

-

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Yoda411

A body - preferably alive.

that would be undeniable proof obviously but the problem is some people won't believe it unless it is staring them in the face. i guess it would take some time to convince everyone if they showed on Tv or something. i don't know but in the meantime we need to find one of these Aliens and see what happens right ?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
So again, given a long list of possible evidence, let's just say some kind of advanced mathematics - a currently unsolvable proof for a theorum.

Maybe, but not necessarily so.

Andrew Wiles proved Fermat's Last Theorem back in 1994. Unless Andrew was influenced by aliens, his achievement was very human.

Perhaps a proof of all 16 problems that you linked to, provided simultaneously, might be something worth considering, but not any single one of them on its own.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The Bald Champion

A UFO crashing into itsa small world (disneyland) on the 4th of July

you mean like this ?...

yea that might do the trick ? i don't see how they could cover that one up with all the witnesses and it would surely make the news but do you still think every single person in the world would believe it ?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
A few people have already summed this up perfectly.

There is no way of convincing everyone in the world. Even with the huge amount of evidence in favour of it, many people don't believe in evolution. Some people still believe the Earth is flat. And so on.

For it to be accepted by the masses would require general acceptance and mounting evidence. Witness testimony would be sufficient depending on the witness: several prominent governments stating it would certainly be "good" evidence. Clear, compelling footage or photographs would be too. Personal experiences. Technology or materials obviously beyond our means. Mass sightings. Extensive media coverage.

Basically, imagine the huge amount of evidence (usually unconsidered) that supports everything you already believe in. The evidence for aliens needs to be of the same standard, and it needs to reach people.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I think it would take a coordinated event across the planet to convince everyone.

Imagine the beginning of Independence Day, but less scary

Even then you'd have a large group of people still sticking to their ridiculous position, fingers in their ears and yelling "It's just the government messing with us!"
And of course you'd have a load of religious nuts screaming about one god or another having returned.

I'm not sure that this will ever happen though.
They seem to be slightly scared of us. And they seem to be trying to make themselves known through sightings more and more frequently, perhaps getting us used to seeing them in the skies.
In which case I would guess that they are showing themselves gradually so as not to shock us and cause massive fear. There are now more people who believe there is life visiting us than ever before. So we could argue that this method has been working.
If that's the case, I'd suggest that they'll start to land here and there, greeting people at a distance.

I would expect to see reports of actual contact increasing at some time, many years before they are widely accepted to be visiting and long before any governmental response is officially made.

One thing that really annoys me is crop circles.
Whether you accept the idea that they are man-made or not, wouldn't it be a good idea to try to control what rogue messages are being written? If another race has tried to communicate with us using this method (which actually makes sense when you think about the nazca lines and how an alien race might wish to send a clear message to a people) who knows what we've been saying back in garbled pretty patterns.
They're probably looking at what we've depicted in the fields and thought we were all a bunch of morons.

My first message to leave in a field would be a depiction of the average Human, arms outstretched, with another Human depicting an angry and terrified government.
I'd want them to know that when a weapon is fired their way it doesn't come from the people.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Best way would be all government leaders around the world making an announcement that a visitation and disclosure is about to occur.

Then these visitors land in pre-arranged locations all over the world with the world media covering it and these visitors meeting the world leaders in their respective countries.

Of course all that is the ideal way, perhaps fantasy way too.

And sometimes it takes some people to believe that a fire can burn only when they stick their hand in it first.

Hence it may take huge ships just showing up hovering all over the place and maybe then the world would believe it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
what would be absolute undeniable proof that would convince the almost seven billion people on this planet that Aliens are visiting us ?

obviously we have alot of circumstantial evidence to date but it is never going to convince the skeptics and i don't blame them for that. proof and evidence are two different things in my opinion.

some of the evidence is...

interviews with them on Oprah.
(or dr phil)

their own reality tv shows where they SETTLE those annoying arguments that people on reality tv shows are always getting into.

interviews on 60 minutes or meet the press... Cspan etc..

I don't watch tv, but that's how it's gonna happen.

that and community outreach programs where they're in your neighborhoods helping out problem solving etc...

OR

freaking saucers landin grays/reptoids comin out with guns anihilating..

there's some proof.

or wait those could have been genetically created by humans..

dunno man.. in this world you can never be 100% sure..

but i think the world would be convinced just from their "presence"... etc..

-

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
what would be absolute undeniable proof that would convince the almost seven billion people on this planet that Aliens are visiting us ?

obviously we have alot of circumstantial evidence to date but it is never going to convince the skeptics and i don't blame them for that. proof and evidence are two different things in my opinion.

some of the evidence is...

#1-photographic or video evidence

#2-trace evidence

#3-witness testimony

all of the above listed types of debatable evidence will never be proof because all of these can be interpreted differently scientifically or personally.

and remember we are talking about proof for the entire world and not proof for just some. unless some unforeseen type of evidence comes into the picture i have to believe that the only way the entire world will be convinced beyond any shadow of doubt is if Aliens showed themselves like in the movie Independence day or The Day the Earth Stood Still.

so why do skeptics keep asking for proof when they already know that the ultimate proof to convince the entire world is not going to come from the above three listed forms of evidence ?

your thoughts please...

[edit on 20-12-2008 by easynow]

[edit on 21-12-2008 by easynow]

Because they need to hurry up and realize that we aren't the only intelligent race in this immensely vast, and that doesn't even describe how huge it is, Universe that contains billions of planets?

Personally I don't waste my time with skeptics.
They're never going to realize unless one personally walks upto them
in a grocery store and introduces themselves.
This isn't going to happen.

Oh, and they should note, even thought I know they never would,
that Man isn't the most intelligent race of this planet. Infact this Earth doesn't even belong to us.
It belongs to the Reptilians. They were here hundreds of millions of years before our race was ever created.
Yes, created.

See how much knowledge they miss when they paint there eyes shut?

Don't worry about convincing the skeptics. It doesn't matter. Hakuna Mattata! haha
When you know you're right, it really doesn't matter what other people think or say. Let them wait until they finally reveal themselves.

Really it's the only way they will finally see.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I think the world has established that witness testimony is almost useless, even when it's coming from a ex-astronaut.

It certainly isn't good enough..

For me to believe aliens are real, I'd need to see one for myself.. and that doesn't mean some "UFO" so high in the sky I can't tell what it is.

For the world to believe, a mothership on the white house lawn would probably help.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join