It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what Proof would convince the entire world that Aliens are visiting this planet ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
what would be absolute undeniable proof that would convince the almost seven billion people on this planet that Aliens are visiting us ?

obviously we have alot of circumstantial evidence to date but it is never going to convince the skeptics and i don't blame them for that. proof and evidence are two different things in my opinion.

some of the evidence is...

#1-photographic or video evidence

#2-trace evidence

#3-witness testimony

all of the above listed types of debatable evidence will never be proof because all of these can be interpreted differently scientifically or personally.

and remember we are talking about proof for the entire world and not proof for just some. unless some unforeseen type of evidence comes into the picture i have to believe that the only way the entire world will be convinced beyond any shadow of doubt is if Aliens showed themselves like in the movie Independence day or The Day the Earth Stood Still.

so why do skeptics keep asking for proof when they already know that the ultimate proof to convince the entire world is not going to come from the above three listed forms of evidence ?

your thoughts please...

[edit on 20-12-2008 by easynow]

[edit on 21-12-2008 by easynow]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I think it would take all of humanity witnessing an event that could not possibly be human-caused, such as the cessation of rotation of our planet within 10 seconds, hold it a hour or so and start it back up to full speed in 10 seconds, all without a single life lost. That would prove the existence of intelligent extra-terrestrial life, and we'd know better than to mess with such entities.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Great question.

IMHO, it will take something similar to the movie Independence Day where multiple large spaceships hover over major metropolitan areas the world over.

Say all we get is an ET landing on the White House lawn for a world-wide press conference. How much you want to bet that Russia and others will deny its validity.

Heck, come to think of it, how many folks just on this web site would chime in to say Bull!

It's going to have to be significant. And it's going to have to be widespread. Anything less will give too many people an opportunity to deny.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
thanks 1rked44 and JoeBarna for your input

another thing to think about is goverment disclosure.

even if the United States Goverment disclosed what they knew about it, i firmly believe that some people(skeptics) would still doubt their statements and some would think it was some type of false flag operation for the New World Order.

i don't think it will ever happen because they are not going to admit they withheld information like this unless it was unavoidable or part of a plan.

either way it would not convince every single person on this planet.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yeah, I think JoeBarna's kind of right.

Personally, I don't believe that we're being visited by ETs...not in the same physical, waking dimension that we're conscious of, anyway.

I do believe that there are probably other intelligences in the universe, however.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Carl Sagan actually talks about this:

"...a scraping of the whole ship, and the discovery that it contains isotopic ratios that aren't present on earth, chemical elements form the so-called island of stability, very heavy elements that don't exist on earth. Or material of absolutely bizarre properties of many sorts—electrical conductivity or ductility. There are many things like that that would instantly give serious credence to an account."

Actually there are a whole lot of things - an alien astro-navigation chart or book in an alien language which included an English translation and disclosed facts about physics or math we currently are close to discovering but remain unknown at the present time.

A method of detecting alien civilizations which is just beyond our current knowledge, utilizing an advanced device, some kind of super telescope, or even a medical device like that in ST:OS which can heal non-invasively. Virtually any field of science would have something just beyond our knowledge that upon disclosure would be good evidence the information came from elsewhere than Earth. An inertial-less space-faring vehicle (one that could travel directly without using orbital boosting.)

Having said that, any technology would have some degree of suspicion, and could even be items from our own future, but something along those lines would be hundreds of times better than just a 'story' without supporting trace evidence.

Obviously it couldn't be too close to our own technology, such as a mere 4 petaflops computer. However a 50 petaflops computer in a handheld would be a start.

Oh, another good piece of evidence would be something that has eluded us for years - a battery-sized power source of great capacity that could power a large vehicle, or power a household by plugging into it. Again, it could also be a futuristic device, but I'd put that on par, probability-wise, with evidence of aliens. (both are similarly unlikely, with future time travel slightly less believable than alien visitation, imo).

Purists might say just having a gadget or a heavy element isn't proof they're here - after all they could have 'sent' the device by some FTL method which precludes sending biological specimens. But most would be willing to stipulate on that that solid proof of existence is a good first step.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 12/20/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If you were an alien do you think you would feel comfortable introducing new technology to us? i mean we take new technology and inevitably use it to kill other humans. look what we did with nuclear energy, and good scientific research some how turned into chemical warfare.

if we give chimps a laptop do we expect them to use it and start coding a new state of the art operating system or do we expect them to beat another chimp upside the head with it?

wow i bet aliens look at us like ants in an ant farm. I feel so miniscule all of a sudden!

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruthhurts78

I presume you're responding to my comment. Your conjecture, while well-taken, is non-responsive to the original question.

The question was not what any visiting aliens -should- give us, just what items or information would be considered solid -evidence- (not proof, mind you) of alien presence (not -visitation-, necessarily).

So again, given a long list of possible evidence, let's just say some kind of advanced mathematics - a currently unsolvable proof for a theorum.

Here's a short list of 16 of them.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Not much evidence would be needed...i mean you throw a frisbee in the park now adays and people think its a ufo....

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Seeing is believing.

There are a lot of great videos and pics on the web, but I also know a lot of people are able to create such hoaxes. Some are better than others.

I believe ghosts are real because I have had personal experiences.

My thoughts on UFOs was solidified by Robert Hastings speak at an accredited college.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I agree that it would take a widespread Independence Day type event. But more importantly it would take the media to tell everyone that it's authentic. It seems like most people wait for someone to make their mind up for them.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

thanks Badge01,

interesting ideas You and Mr. Sagan have and they are valid points to a certain extent. however , any scrapings of a ship or strange unearthly isotopes or chemicals are going to be tested by different laboratories and from what we have seen in the past , those results varied and were inconclusive wich caused skepticism about the evidence.

i think any conclusive findings of such evidence would still not be enough to convince all 7 billion people on this planet but like you said it would be a step forward but still not the ultimate proof.

now as far as some of the other things you mentioned like a super computer, navigation charts, alien books,alien signals, etc....i would have to put that in the category of unknowns or unforeseen things that we as of right now cannot put into the equation because they simply have not presented themselves and they may never do so.

unless something like you have mentioned presents itself, we can only really talk about what we have as of right now. what we have as far as evidence currently will never be proof.

so if things don't change the only way i see worldwide acceptance would be from a mass landing by the Aliens.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
What proof would convince the whole ATS site that Aliens=Demons,in every way shape and form.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

sorry to be off topic. Still getting used to the posting and not lurking thing. as far as #3 witness testimony, I would think any of our major leaders of countries outright stating that contact has been made would convince the majority of people.

but other then that there would have to be a huge display such as taking over our communications and sending a direct message. followed buy a demonstration such as carving something in the moon or maybe taking a respected reporter with camera crew to mars and back or something. that is a tough question.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
if not some huge visual spectacle maybe a giant "awakening" (for lack of a better word) within the minds of every single human being.

something along the lines of "we exist" loud in clear in our heads, along with mental pictures of who they are and what they plan to do?

Someone will talk about that "weird dream" they had, and people would start to chime in.

That would exclude the whole "other country dispute" thing right? Because everyone would have become aware of SOMETHING.

just a thought

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Hi EN,

Again, I just posted a quote from Carl. I didn't say I agreed with his assessment in toto. There are a few problems with any evidence.

Also, people keep confusing 'evidence' with 'proof'. There's only one science that entails PROOF and that's pure mathematics. We're just talking about solid evidence. For just about any scenario it's not difficult to come up with problems which would lead to a dispute of the evidence, so due care and diligence is a requirement.

But just about anything along the lines of valid trace, or valid math theorem proofs or physics theory would be acceptable evidence.

All the evidence we have now consists of stories, some corroborated with radar tracking, or with multiple witnesses. BUT, we all know that human perception can be fooled - so as far as solid documentation, witness testimony, I don't care if 1,000 people witness and video a light in the sky performing seemingly possible aerobatics, it does not rise to the level of solid evidence of non-terrestrial, non-human visitation (though it might be evidence of 'high strangeness). (holograms or RPV could potentially duplicate it, both terrestrial and within current technology).

So, again, solid evidence of a theoretical or informational or physical trace not found on Earth would be a good start.

Uh, putting a giant 'thought' in people's heads is not evidence of alien visitation. We already have the ability to beam sound waves at people such that they feel as though there are external thoughts being put in their minds - (in fact, it's being used for advertising in some places).

We have have to be very careful and introspective about what we accept as solid evidence.

AND, it doesn't mean that 'skeptics' are hard to convince - it just shows a good understanding of how apparent information can be hoaxed or misunderstood or misinterpreted, especially the way human perception works.

To recap:
1. Pick specific verifiable information such as a math proof, or technology that is just beyond our means (maybe a few 100 years);
2. Realize it's all evidence, not proof;
3. Understand the limits of human perception;
4. Discern between 'high-strangeness' and 'solid evidence' of non-human, non-terrestrial visitation, right now.

Hope this clarifies my position.

[edit on 12/20/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I think that the only thing that would convince the world that aliens exist is if they attacked.

PERIOD.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

in-studio sit down with larry king, anything short of that and somebody will find someway to dispute it.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Sorry, guys, I just don't understand this 'boo-hoo' no meanie-pants skeptics will believe us schtick.

Of course skeptics will believe solid evidence and all the crying about someone not believing a 'story' is just silly.

No amount of boo-hooing and crying elevates these stories and fuzzy 'blobsquatches' to the level of evidence of non-human, non-terrestrial visitation, no matter how much we'd all like it.

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

We're just talking about solid evidence

exactly ! proof and evidence are two different things and all these items(trace evidence etc.) and scenarios such as wild displays of lights in the sky are only evidence as you have stated and i totally agree. no evidence no matter how strong it is will be good enough to convince the entire world.it may convince some skeptics but there will always be people skeptical about any evidence presented.

it's quite a quagmire in my opinion.

so now we are back to my initial question in my Op.

what will prove this to the entire world ?

i don't want to sound like a broken record but a mass landing or an attack seems to be the ultimate proof. of course some people still may question it even then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join