It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Giant Breach in Earth's Magnetic Field

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
From external source, Wiki, Jupiter, magnetosphere:

The magnetosphere of Jupiter is responsible for intense episodes of radio emission from the planet's polar regions. Volcanic activity on the Jovian moon Io (see below) injects gas into Jupiter's magnetosphere, producing a torus of particles about the planet. As Io moves through this torus, the interaction generates Alfven waves that carry ionized matter into the polar regions of Jupiter. As a result, radio waves are generated through a cyclotron maser mechanism, and the energy is transmitted out along a cone-shaped surface. When the Earth intersects this cone, the radio emissions from Jupiter can exceed the solar radio output.[

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

The good news: So far they have not been able to coincide any mass extinction events with ANY of the magnetic shifts.

That's because no one is around to record anything after a "mass extinction."

Keep the mind tuned to a positive frequency!

Light Speed...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by DangerDeath

Father Sol having a chat with his daughter Gaia?
I can dig it.

You should always stay away from old flames, they are nothing but trouble. They might find you magnetic but in the end they leave you burned.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Minnesota Public Radio has some scientist on right now talking about the Magnetic Field...
The Sun lately has super low activity is what they are saying.....Its an 11 year cycle. The lowest activity times were followed up by the MOST active times for sun spots. The calm before the Storm??????

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This is a great website focusing on solar weather patterns such as sun spots and solar winds.

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Nacreous clouds!
Wow!

Nacreous clouds storm... cool!

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
IMO, If they go detonating high yield atom bombs in Earths upper atmosphere, it ain't really surprising is it?

Or this could be a natural cycle of the Earth? So much we don't understand about our magnetosphere this really could just be a phase? Like opening a window to refresh the air in a house, lol, although, it may kill us all...hmmm.

Great find Zorgon, always love your threads, good research and an open mind, good combination for me.

Thanks.

EMM

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alferd Packer
This is a great website focusing on solar weather patterns such as sun spots and solar winds.

www.spaceweather.com...

That certainly is a good site. And yes, the current minimum is part of a cycle the sun goes through. Mankind could benefit immensely by understanding cycles a bit more. For instance, the concept of harmonics in cycles emerging in supercycles and so on. Anyway, the point is that the minimum right now is rather pronounced and many believe that the active period we are on the verge of entering into will be more active than 'normal'. Of course, there is one anomaly to the cycle, and we were able to witness it occur in the period from ca 1640 - 1710 where the sun was basically silent. We do not understand why, and I doubt we will understand the entire scope of the solar mechanism for quite some time.

There may be some correlation between aggregate solar activity and Earth's temperature however I do not think there is enough definitive data right now. At this point it seems to be more of a circumstantial correlation rather than anything direct or indicating any real causation.

Overall, it is likely that we are entering into an active solar cycle which will be quite strong and will likely peak around - that number - 2012. Does that mean we need to start digging tunnels? Heck no. The only thing that I would worry about is a flare similar to the one that happened in 1859. That could cause fires since the world is now electrically wired almost throughout, and it could also result in an increase of skin cancer due to the ozone layer being temporarily torn apart.

The odds of this? Low, in my opinion.
Is it possible? Yes.

To be honest, I am much more concerned about the effects of man-made technologies than byproducts of the cosmos.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The key with dealing with cosmos is resonance.
If you resonate with your environment, including solar system, you won't be destroyed.
Understanding is necessary.
But imposing our foul ways on Earth and further, is not going to work to that end.
The grand scheme of the universe is not going to wait for us to adapt. We have to be smarter than that.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This story is getting some attention on FoxNews

www.foxnews.com...

"It should be that we're in for a tough time in the next 11 years," Sibeck said.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Surrounding the material of an egg are several protective and supplementary layers. As the egg matures and more material is necessary for growth, the surrounding layers begin to become absorbed until the chick breaks free from it's shell to further grow. We are only consuming for the time being another one of our supplementary layers.....so yeah prepare for large storms and so on as the Earth attempts to balance it's ecosystems. It will take more nourishment before we as a planet mature to the point of breaking free of our egg shell.

[edit on 18-12-2008 by socrates271]

[edit on 18-12-2008 by socrates271]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by socrates271

it would seem to me that this could be haarp related, from what i recall they were directing a concentrated beam on the ionisphere the outer layer in an attempt to perhaps alter or lower the truman resonance, the possobility always existed that they could burst the bubble, perhaps they have, again the ongoing aerosol program that could destroy the ozone layer is still going on 24/7, when we humans mess with the planet in this way there will always be unknown consequences, the arrogance of those that play this very dangerous game boggles the mind and the consequences for mankind unknown, this planet is sentient, if they/we mess with it too much, it will rid itself of us and start anew, i believe the us military is at the heart of this, no wonder the us is broke, could any of you envision world peace? no war, living in harmony with our home and one another? it is possible you know, take away greed and the hunger for power and you have it.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
someone said this has to be man-made.

i agree.

i have studied many years materials regarding previous civilizations. according to drunvalo melkizidek the ancient civilization we refer to as atlantis had distributed around the globe a series of devices which sort of captured energy in the tesla sort of way and with that power they increased the vibration rate of matter on earth so that they got the earth to jump up into the next dimension. a catastrophe occured on atlantis, that part is in the common myth stories we read from many sources, and at that time king midas, the king of atlantis very quickly found his space ship and left the planet before they could clean up the problem with these devices. it is possible that several of these devices are damaged but still turned on. which would explain the bermuda triangle and other areas around the globe such as in the south pacific or china sea off asia. with these devices on, they periodically radiate high frequency energy which is why some ships disappear and most others do not. this radiating energy is sufficient to pierce the atmosphere and disrupt the normal flow of particles due to weakend magnetosphere.

yeah it might sound kooky, or wierd, or far fetched, but also i've done my studying and to me this makes sense.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Provided we don't all die on Sunday...

Let's tie some stories together:

SOLAR ACTIVITY: Hours ago, something on the far side of the sun exploded and hurled a massive cloud of debris (a CME) over the eastern limb. Using a coronagraph to block the sun's glare, the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) photographed the cloud expanding into space: Play the movie

From www.spaceweather.com...
On Dec. 21st, another solar wind stream will arrive, only this time it will hit Earth directly. The stream is spewing from a coronal hole that straddles the sun's equator, which puts our planet squarely in the "cross hairs." The longest night of the year could be a green one; Arctic sky watchers should be alert for auroras.

Now, if you were Israel, wanting to do a special forces attack on Iran's nuclear facilities, complete with NVGs, when might be a good time to do it?

Perhaps after satellites are damaged and there's massive communication & electrical failures on the surface of the earth, on the shortest day of the year (winter solstice) — while your submarines rests shielded underwater, waiting for the solar storm to pass.

“Could Israel use submarines against Iran?”
www.boston.com...

“Israeli sub sighted near Arabian Sea”
pakobserver.net...

“Islamabad (12/16/08) — Authoritative sources have reported that unidentified sub-marine was sighted in the Arabian Sea several kilometres away from Balochistan coast and sources claimed that submarine in question was most probably from Israel.

“... The Israeli (Dolphin class) submarine can carry a team of special operation forces and travels at maximum speeds of 20 knots with a cruising range of 4,500 nautical miles. The vessel is also equipped with 10 torpedo tubes and is capable of launching Harpoon missiles.”

FYI, Balochistan borders Iran immediately to the east.

P.S. -- We may want to watch ourselves here in the US, too: we could be vulnerable to an attack by air, land or sea ourselves!

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   
You know, I know there are plenty of more logical, scientific, and intelligent things one could jump to at a time like this. But, really, the first thing my brain heads for is the novel, "Dies the Fire" by S.M. Stirling. Long story short, it's about a world where all technology ceases to work. Granted, he includes basic chemistry like gunpowder and gasoline burning at a fast enough rate to provide combustion suitable for cars and guns. But, you know. Close enough.

Granted, I always kind of wanted the world's power grid to go tits up for a few weeks. Think it'd make the world a better place.

But yeah, you guys go ahead and resume you're intelligent talk again. I'm done.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

well, the earth's magnetic field IS reversing, and this may be part of the affects it will have as it starts its reversal. We still do not know what will happen when the reverse takes place (if it is a fairly fast acting event)

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
One of the architects of 21st Century India, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, who was President of India from 2002 to 2007, has long stressed on a Vision 2020, energy independence and PURA (Providing Urban amenities in Rural Areas). I would like more information on the steps India is taking to achieve these.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
This story is getting some attention on FoxNews

www.foxnews.com...

"It should be that we're in for a tough time in the next 11 years," Sibeck said.

spaceweather.com...

still no sunspots

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join