It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BIGGEST Ponzi Scheme about to hit the fan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
That Madoff, the former NASDAQ stock chairman, managed to do this with $50 billion without regulators noticing is perhaps the Wall Street story of the century. Somehow he was scamming some of the biggest players in the world while evading all accountability. Everybody was fooled.

But I say there's a story that's even bigger... one that's still evading accountability and will explode into the financial story of the millennium when it finally blows up in our faces. What story is that? The much larger Ponzi scheme being run by the Federal Reserve and the U.S. Treasury.

Consider this: The Fed has created over $7.7 trillion in new money in order to bail out all sorts of incompetent (but wealthy) individuals and companies. In effect, it's using new money to cover the losses of existing stakeholders, and as the system is nearing collapse, the only way it can keep the whole scam running is to create even more new money and thrust it in to the same money hole.

Does that sound like a mammoth Ponzi scheme, or what?

www.naturalnews.com...

[edit on 15-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

[edit on 15-12-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
A Ponzi scheme works like this: The con artist uses money from new investors to pay the apparent gains to previous investors, creating the appearance of dividends. With a solid track record of apparent gains, he attracts a growing base of new investors who funnel even more money into his hands. Behind the scenes, though, he's burning cash on an opulent lifestyle, using other people's money to make himself rich, even while cooking the books to make everybody think their money still exists.

In the end, of course, the whole thing collapses. There never was any steady growth. All the money is gone, and investors are left scratching their heads: Where'd my money go?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
it sounds like the expected level of idiocy. Either they're idiots for doing this or we are for wathcing it happen....or both, I don't know. sure is crazy watching it all unfold isn't it?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Just use your common sense. The fed IS running a Ponzi scheme by all definition of the phrase.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

They are far from idiots. They are very smart, actually. We are the real idiots in this scheme of things.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Screw the Fed - Don't file a tax return.

Ponzi scheme indeed.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
One thing I find sureal about this is some of the names of these guys. Madoff (pronounced made-off), and then there's the tres/fed guy Kashkari (pronounced cash carry). If someone were to make characters in a booked named that with these plotlines they'd be called a fool.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Read this post

Chief Rahm Emanuel drawn into corruption investigation
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Obama's own chief of staff is involved.

this whole thing is incredible

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Even Peter Schiff said in his ATS interview that he believes the USD will tank soon. Which I am inclined to believe as well. Then we can start the pyramid scheme all over again as all of our savings restart from 0 while I guarantee your debt will not.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Screw the Fed - Don't file a tax return.

Ponzi scheme indeed.

Better yet file one with a charitable donation listed as 2 trillion dollars to an undisclosed source.

Who knows maybe they would send the check. Not sure there is a bank in the country that would accept a 2 trillion dollar deposit though but would be funny to at least try.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Bravo!

They are Smart Idiots!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thats fantastic! Darthorious

I got my laugh for the day..

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I am a ghost in the machine, I've given up my own ghost in order to host the vanquished banquet. I am visible to those who can see glass shatter. My past is so vacant I've taken the ancient fascia. Under send me. My womb is a blossom and my petals are razor sharp harpies. To whom it may concern.

goliath tyrant in the midst of a silent night
holy knight blade savior aegis
time rages on while i dream it
i sing it like a phoenix out of control inferno rage blazing
puppet government marionette etiquette
macabre savant ontological chronicle
i clip my strings with vivid dreams
whos the ghost who supposedly hosted christmas past
americas last dance in the bonfire
im tired of crooked ebeneezers scheming
a stab in the dark heartless practitioner penchant
a gift of the light mighty titan fighting
a sighted scent hound blinded hypocritic
a hyper critical sub visual incisor biting
drastic capitalists driving spastic plastic agendas
shrapnel torn ligaments
drafted from their imaginations figments
tenements defenseless bombed out testament
terrorist resentment pension plan pyrotechnic
spiral hectic relentless sentiment plentiful
apathy catastrophe

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Gotta love these schemes. This reminds of a Ponzi that got busted up when I lived in Charlotte NC. The kicker here is that it was Pyramid within a Pyramid. Go Amway. When will people learn??

Rumors claiming that savvy international businessman - A Quixtar Crown - Don Storms was suspended from Quixtar because he unwitting promoted a failed Ponzi scheme, drove me to search the Federal Court Data base. The PACER search resulted in a link between the Ponzi scam, "4Nexchange" and Donald Storms.

4Nexchange was run by Paul Grant, 35 of Alpine Utah. Paul Grant is the son of Amway/Quixtar Double Diamond, Leo and Amy Grant. All four of Grant's sons were Amway distributors. It is unknown whether Paul was an IBO during the scam. The scheme propagated through the Grant's contacts in the Amway/Quixtar network.

The 4Nexchange business address was Paul's $840,00 home, which was seized by the Receiver-Attorney, Mr. Wing. It is not yet know how many Quixtar distributors lost money in the scam. If you have additional information or a prospectus from 4Nexchange please write. In the suit, Wing v. Donald Storms, Mr. Wing the receiver-attorney for "4Nexchange LLC", is seeking to recover $1,157,000 in pay-outs to Mr. Storms on his $262,000 investment in 4Nexchange, LLC. The receiver claims Mr. Storms introduced at least 50% of the 140 victims, and 66% of the $17 million brought into the scam. From the Quixtar Now! - Storms posts 318kCivil Complaint1:

02-CV-127: "Storms introduced prospective investors to 4Nexchange and one of it's principals, Paul Grant. In doing so, he informed the prospective investors that he had know Mr. Grant and his family for years and that Mr. Grant was trustworthy." "Storms also encouraged individuals in his Quixtar downline to improve their status in the Quixtar pyramid by offering these individuals the incentive of being eligible to invest in 4Nexchange if the individuals reached "Emerald" level in Quixtar"

Additionally Mr. Storms directed payments from 4Nexchange totaling $1,702,000 to Valley Forge Christian College. The monthly payments to the college varied in proportion to the amounts held by 4Nexchange investors referred by Mr. Storms. The funds were spent on capital improvements. At great hardship, the college has returned the monies to the 4Nexchange receiver. Quixtar Now! - Storms posts 318kMotion for Vally Forge College

www.amquix.info...

Greed and arrogance pure and simple. Now these idiots, who were barred from Amway are doing Mannatech, another pyramid scheme. Granted, this was small potatoes compared to Madoff's scam. However, the lesson and mentality is the same.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

great idea

How do we get this to become a national movement?

No income taxes in 2009!

Protest the bailout, don't pay a cent in income tax in 2009!

or something along those lines

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

Heck, I thought the biggest Ponzi scheme was Social Security. And it's been going on for 75 years!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

Thanks for the post Muundoggie! I have known this for a couple years now. I have come across some of this in my research. Thanks for bringing it to the foreground. I can confirm this has gotten into the mainstream, and is making waves, not only threw the conspiracy sites, but also mainstream media outlets. However this is to be expected.
They are rounding up the fall men of the Wallstreet boys.

The world press is ablaze today with news of the arrest of elite Wall Street broker Bernard Madoff. They say he ran an elaborate Ponzi scheme that bilked high-profile investors for more than $50 billion. Even Geneva banks lost more than $4 billion, Reuters is reporting.

No real key players are going down for this. Only the little guys. Which seem to be big time elites. The BIG fish.. Still sadly enough little fish in a big pond. It goes much higher. It reaches into the highest eschelons of those in the game right now.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jefwane
One thing I find sureal about this is some of the names of these guys. Madoff (pronounced made-off), and then there's the tres/fed guy Kashkari (pronounced cash carry). If someone were to make characters in a booked named that with these plotlines they'd be called a fool.

amazing, I think I am losing it, I don't even care anymore I just want to escape.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by verylowfrequency

great idea

How do we get this to become a national movement?

No income taxes in 2009!

Protest the bailout, don't pay a cent in income tax in 2009!

or something along those lines

I would do it,somebody think of something for heavens sake.

ALL of them,ALL of them are evil scum.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
Somehow he was scamming some of the biggest players in the world while evading all accountability. Everybody was fooled.

You have to realize that the people who invested in Madoff basically piss hundreds of millions of dollars out of their asses daily... not really a historic moment if you ask me. Although it's a lot of money, and neither you nor I could possibly imagine it, it wasn't a lot in terms of the people that actually invested in that fraud. Regardless, it was pretty bad.

The Fed is playing the exact same game, but the people have given them license to do so, because of its so-called legitimacy (the organization is sanctioned by the government, and therefore, apparently, works in our interest).

[edit on 15-12-2008 by cognoscente]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join