It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chief Rahm Emanuel drawn into corruption investigation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
"BARACK Obama's chief of staff is under pressure over reported contacts with Illinois's corruption-tainted governor, who faces impeachment proceedings this week.

Rahm Emanuel, a combative congressman from Illinois who will serve as Obama's political gatekeeper in the White House, was reported to have been in touch with Governor Rod Blagojevich about Mr Obama's Senate seat."
Herald/Sun

It did not take too long before one of Obama's appointies got into trouble.

I mean, Obama isn't even in office yet.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I found some more links that should provide some more info/insight into what is "REALLY" going on.

"Blagojevich scandal: Rahm Emanuel and Jesse Jackson Jr face new revelations"
Times Online

"Complaint Suggests Obama Might Have Caught Wind of Blagojevich Dealings
Barack Obama says he had no contact with Gov. Rod Blagojevich over his vacant Senate seat, but the sequence of events in the FBI complaint suggests he might have caught wind of the governor's alleged dealings. "
Fox News

Is "THIS" the challenge Obama will be facing in January?

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
could this sort of thing bring down the government?

what I mean is, if Rahm is involved then how far up the chain and how wide spread is this problem really?

is this a rare slip in the matrix? are we seeing a window into the shady side of government?

Will be interesting to see where this one goes.

s/f

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
"Blagojevich May Say He’s Leaving Office Tomorrow "

"Dec. 14 (Bloomberg) -- Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich may announce tomorrow that he’s resigning or taking a temporary leave from office, the state attorney general said."
Bloomberg

Leaving office before he is officially removed????

Starting to look very ugly.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
He says he's not leaving now and has hired an attorney in which he had a four hour meeting with today.
Makes me wonder how much he knows about certain people.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I wonder how long it is before Blago starts to sing? You know these white colored crooks can't keep their trap shut once the heat is on them.

It still doesn't make much sense to me for Obama and Blago not to talk to each other about the vacated senate seat. It was Obama's before he got elected to president and I would think he would want to give his input into who he wanted to take the seat. I mean nothing scandalous about that.

Except for the fact that Blago was selling the seat and Obama's actions after he got busted suggests that Obama knew what was going on.

Now Rahmbo looks like the first man to fall in the Obama administration by taking the heat away from Obama.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
in reponse to "hes leaving before being forces out??????"

HELL YES!! that is the only honorable thing to do!!! He got caught scheming with your tax dollars, your country, and in many ways, your life!!!! He should have immediately stepped down, he is a huge disgrace and shame to america.

By not stepping down and waiting to be forcefully removed he is slapping us all in the face saying "haha, you pay me with your tax dollars, but thats not enough, i will even use your senate seats as my bargaining chips, and if i get caught, o well f-u!"

this is so low, even for a politician. so low in fact i raise a new conspiracy theory!

** Could this have been planned and bloobitch or whatever his name is have been paid off to do this so he could implicate emanuel and jackson in the whole scandal?

please everyone write to his office and ask him to step down immediately, he is making this country look like russia is running the political system, or worse

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
He he he he hehe he he hehe.......he he he he he........It ain't over till its over!!! he he he he he he. I love it. Daley is next, I can't wait!!! He he he he he!!!!

Zindo

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
A muslim president, a jewish congressman.

Big Trouble in Little Israel (White House)...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
people say, it's outrageous,, ,,horrible bad for gov't ,,, bad for america,,,, and their people

and most of us are shocked or not so shocked,,,, and probably some anger and rersentment because he got caught

it makes me think,,, yeah but how many similar schemes go on and never get found out or busted and then we the public vote them back in office over and over again

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hopefully all the bad little boys and girls are impeached, resign, arrested and thrown in the slammer for 10-20 yrs and orderd to pay back alot of money! I knew I didnt trust Rahm when I seen him!

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I wonder if we will start seeing...mysterious suicides or accidents

how can they hope to escape this one?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I don't think there isn't a person in Washington who isn't involved in some form of corruption. Guess we can throw change out the window now.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I was about to post video of Rahm Emanuel and Blago contact regarding Obama's senate seat and how they had been talking before Blago was arrested, but when I went back to video.....It was taken down?!!!!!

Very suspicious!! See for yourself!!

vodpod.com...

[edit on 15-12-2008 by paxnatus]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Thats very interesting.

Have you searched youtube for the video???

Maybe try googling for the video.

I think posting the video or at least an active link to the video.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Hmmm, is there anything like Rock Creek Park in Chicago?

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
I wonder if we will start seeing...mysterious suicides or accidents

Someone else on here predicted that we could see Gov. Blago with 'three self inflicted gunshots to the head' ... In other words - someone will get to him before he can tell all the dirty Chicago political/mob secrets and it will be labeled 'suicide'.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

since money seems to be the driving force of the government echelons, they could probably buy there way out with some lame excuse and truck loads of newly printed money

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
"The Real Story Behind the Rushed Blagojevich Bust: How the Feds Are Frustrated by Losing (Maybe) Half of Their Case
Cam Simpson reports on the Rod Blagojevich case in Chicago.

Conventional wisdom holds that U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald ordered the FBI to arrest Rod Blagojevich before sunrise Tuesday in order to stop a crime from being committed. That would have been the sale of the Senate seat vacated by President-elect Barack Obama.

But the opposite is true: Members of Fitzgerald’s team are livid the scheme didn’t advance, at least for a little longer, according to some people close to Fitzgerald’s office. Why? Because had the plot unfolded, they might have had an opportunity most feds can only dream of: A chance to catch the sale of a Senate seat on tape, including the sellers and the buyers"
Wall Street Journal

So it seems to me, they busted em before real good proof (VIDEO/AUDIO) could be acquired.

Proof of the sellers as well as the buyer of the senate seat. I wonder who else (among Osama’s appointees) would have been found had they been allowed to continue.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

I wonder how long it is before Blago starts to sing?

I highly doubt that opportunity would ever arise. Blag would "feel the need to off himself" before he sung anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join