It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

747 low pass

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
hello

i thought some of you guys might find this video interesting

It is Aerosur 747-300

Hope you enjoy!.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Wow that is pretty low. THis is how accidents happen and that left climbing bank was even worse IMHO.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Did they have an initial landing gear problem?

Was the airline celebrating something, or was the pilot just really cocky.

Man that wing comes like 15 feet from touching the ground in that video when he banks out.

surprised the airport let him get away with this. unless the airport is mainly supported financially by aerosur.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Did they have an initial landing gear problem?

Was the airline celebrating something, or was the pilot just really cocky.

Man that wing comes like 15 feet from touching the ground in that video when he banks out.

surprised the airport let him get away with this. unless the airport is mainly supported financially by aerosur.

The aircraft carried the owner of the airline, Humberto Roca, he was responsible for the whole show, supposedly they practiced the manoeuvre a lot, but it also seemed to me the first time I saw the footage that the left wing came too close to the ground.

It was the aircraft debut.

By the way, how are they going to fill that aircraft once a week to Madrid?. And isn´t that aircraft just too thirsty and big for the Bolivian (Santa Cruz) market?. A 767 or A330 could do the job without a problem at all...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
yeah it is a bit big of a plane for that purpose (ferrying people to madrid) but I think the owners mentality is a lot like other rich people buying their toys for the first time. they could buy a normal SL500 but noooooooo they gotta go with the immensely more expensive SL65AMG. just cause it's bigger and badder although makes less sense in the end.

Hell who am I kidding I'd go for the jumbo 747 too if I could afford it instead of a airbus.
jets should be called jumbo jets not air busses.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Is that the one where, having seen the video afterwards the owner of the airline who was onboard fired the pilot? I read he had no idea he was as low as that and when he was watching it back he almost shat himself.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1

The aircraft carried the owner of the airline, Humberto Roca, he was responsible for the whole show, supposedly they practiced the manoeuvre a lot, but it also seemed to me the first time I saw the footage that the left wing came too close to the ground.

Regardless of who the plane carried or who ordered it, its the pilot-in-charge and the captain that is responsible for everything the plane does from the moment they sign for the aircraft until the moment they sign the aircraft back to the maintenance team.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Is that the one where, having seen the video afterwards the owner of the airline who was onboard fired the pilot? I read he had no idea he was as low as that and when he was watching it back he almost shat himself.

That was Cathay Pacific, on an acceptance flight for a new Boeing 777 - there were some execs on board at the time, but not the owner of the airline, and the action was taken after the Hong Kong CAA lodged a formal complaint with Cathay after footage of the incident was released on Youtube.

The pilot was then fired.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Thats the one! Thanks Richard.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

[edit on 12/14/08 by FredT]

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Still amazing that they can fly that slow and steady at such low altitudes. especially the last video posted.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Fake videod anybody that studied 911 knows planes can't fly that close to the ground under control. really looked like a video of a missle to me painted up to look like a aircraft. Upon watching it again I realize it's a hologram and hidden speakers. Yeah thats it!!!

mikell

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Hey what ever happend to that G.E. Engine that had something like 190K HorsePower that that was supposed to be bought for planes

[edit on 15-12-2008 by 121200]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Freaking idiots! These low passes are unacceptable. People could get hurt. There should be some sort of over-site standing directly behind these pilots and breathing down their necks.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 121200

GE90-115B?

Bypass Ratio: 9:1
Thrust Rating: 115,300 lbs. of thrust
Air mass flow: Approximately 3,000 lbs/sec
Fan Pressure Ratio: 2:1
Overall Pressure Ratio: 42:1
Fuel Burn at takeoff: 3,750 gallons/hr

I do know it's over a hundred thousand horse power.
It's on the 777-300ER and the -110 variant which is pretty much a software change is on the 777-200LR.

Freaking idiots! These low passes are unacceptable. People could get hurt. There should be some sort of over-site standing directly behind these pilots and breathing down their necks.

I might agree in the TAP Portugal case, but I don't think there was anything wrong with the other ones. Pilots are professionals; I can only recall one incident of an airliner crashing because of pilots pulling stunts; and the plane was empty. Pinnacle Airlines Flight 3701.

[edit on 15/12/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I like your avitar I wish real seals could club hunters back, I feel sorry for them.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 121200

Haha, me too.
It's a play on this false 'news' article; F-35 Clubbed like a baby seal by Russians and Chinese. Apparently the logo started circulating around Lockheed Martin; some guys on another forum posted it and made it into a T-shirt. Needless to say, some people on the forum going to the 2009 Australian International Airshow may be wearing the same T-shirt to take a piss out of the article, and its proponents. I am too.

T-Shirt here...:
www.newgiftideashop.com...

[edit on 15/12/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

And dont forget lets invade new zealand LOL

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
When I was a kid, I once saw a C-141 lift off of the runway, hold it down and then do a zooming left turn at the end of the runway. I asked my dad "why did he do that?". He said: "There are two types of pilots - fighter pilots and those who want to be fighter pilots."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join