It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams 'could be shown on computers'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Here is the link to the Mind Control/reading Helmet

The Army's Totally Serious Mind-Control Project

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
A related story from a few years ago that this thread reminded me of:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Basically, same idea (no idea if it's the same technological basis) except they used a cat instead of a human.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
You know, considering how technologically astute the japanese seem to be compared to the rest of the world(including America),

I wonder why they aren't the most powerful nation in the world(militarily).

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
I can't imagine that many dreams would be uncannily similar, but the idea of copyrighting the content of your own dreams is an interesting idea I had not yet considered. I suppose if they do end up getting used in a commercial sense one would have to copyright dreams in order to retain intellectual property of said dream... very odd thought indeed.

I personally hope that people can finally grow past the need for patent and copyrights...they stifle growth.

What people dont tend to realize is simply this:
Once an idea is let loose in the universe, it belongs to all.

The idea is not even uniquely yours anyway...it came from an outside stimuli.
We are by products of our milieu...we are a collective one with 'separate' identities, as it were.

Fear is the lead driver behind all this copy protection, etc. - and as it proves time and again, it tends to only hurt those who play the game.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

Except that more than likely it required the careful placement of sensors all over the skull. This is one step but to get that far is going to be a long time coming. It's a little different when they have to spend about 10 minutes planting all the sensors.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It is amazing to think they can do this, but there will be a time where it will be used for the worse!

Im guessing you have to be hooked up to some sort of huge machine, so i doubt they will be produced and distributed publically any time soon!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
reply to post by paperplanes

Except that more than likely it required the careful placement of sensors all over the skull. This is one step but to get that far is going to be a long time coming. It's a little different when they have to spend about 10 minutes planting all the sensors.

Oh, no doubt it will be a great deal of time before they are able to do this sort of thing surreptitiously, assuming an operating tool is created at all. The prospect of this is what worries me.

Even if this were done in a manner lacking secrecy, they would surely be able to harm a significant number of people. Knowing that they'll have to catch you won't ensure that you successfully evade them, though it'll give you a better chance.

[edit on 11/12/08 by paperplanes]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Someday, they'll be doing regular dream checks on people. If you're found to be viewing illegal content, you'll be prosecuted.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I guarantee you that right now DoD scientists are twisting this technology to nefarious purposes. I think the idea of the technology is amazing, but I think that it's going to make any kind of resistance or uprising undoable, as the only successful war one can wage from within one's own nation is a guerilla war (in the modern era, at least, due to the disparity in equipment and training), and guerilla warriors need secret network of supplies, support, etc, and this could be a beautifully efficient tool at rooting out exactly who is doing what....

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by biomehanika

I would just like to know when the home model will be available, I'd have a hit TV show!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I've always wondered when technology would be available to record dreams, i honestly didnt think it would be this soon!. But i never thought it would be impossible, im well open to other technologies also.

This is both a good thing and bad thing, because im sure alot of people could be upset of what they see recorded from their dreams.. not all of it is pleasant.

DreamTube.com i can see it now

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Welsh Jester]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

My mind is my own, and my mind is too messed up. I really REALLY don't want people poking around my brain, let alone looking at what I'm thinking. As Ian Malcolm said in Jurassic Park "You're scientists are so preoccupied with wondering whether they could (clone dinosaurs) when they should've spent time asking themselves whethere they SHOULD"

Please don't give my wife an excuse to buy this gadget and poke around my head, she doesn't need to know what messed up thoughts I have

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by rattan1

Originally posted by ThePiemaker
reply to post by rattan1

But crime gives the U.S. government power & wealth. why would they want to stop it?

can you please elaborate on that. Crimes cannot give more wealth it is costing the governement more and now you barely have enough place in prisons and will cost a lot of money to build more.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by rattan1]

Now here (this is by no means comprehensive) is the 'drug war' (from my blog) in a nutshell:

A “resounding success”. Create prohibition laws. These laws increase the price of street drugs (which are imported by a joint effort of the CIA, DEA, etc. People who are snared in this trap end up in prisons which are increasingly private–owned by the “corporations” aforementioned, and the US has the largest prison population on the planet. In these prisons, inmates work at “insourced” jobs for pennies on the dollar, which would normally cost the aforementioned “corporations” a far larger wageslave hourly amount.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
If you want to see a dream, do '___'.

But seriously this is pretty incredible.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Simple images from the brain. I don't think they've done anything but set forth an example of producing a static image from the nerve. They'll never be able to decipher the code to be able to display your mind. It is far too advanced to accomplish in a lifetime. It would take several generations or maybe even hundreds of lifetimes to dissect. You know great idea and great start. Yet I highly doubt their discovery or announcement is significant enough to make this claim. They do not have the technology and may never have the technology. Their liars and your the dreamers. And I refuse to dream for them.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
"or what people have on their minds" creepy creepy creepy...

Welcome to the beginning of the age of thought crimes.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I believe we should destroy the machine and kill the inventors.
And if YOU don't see what's wrong with government agents having access to this technology then you are a hopeless case.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Back in '99 there was a movie called "Until the End of the World" It had several plot changes, but one of them dealt with just this technology. Life imitates art I guess.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly, but we both know that people would be compelled to copyright such material regardless. Fear might be some motivation, however I think the main motivation in any copyright is to maximize the amount of money you can squeeze out of a given product or idea.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Wow, im very impressed. Well done Japan. I think this could be a really big step for our court systems. If we can hypnotise someone then get them to re-live the crime that would put all doubts aside.

I dont think it should be available to the public though, imagine if you dreamed of your girl friends sister or mum and she recorded it and held it against you.

Also in dreams you act 'act of character' sometimes, so if you had a crazy dream and somebody took it to the police it would cause problems.

Maybe you could sleep in dream inducing hotels. Where they put you to bed hook you up and then somehow got you into the dream you want. (Iv found if I fall asleep with the tv on the sounds can influence my dreams). Then you privately watch the recording and chose whether to take it home.

There will be many possibilites, imagine if you hook upto the machine and it can feed you adverts between dreams!! The money that could be generated could be huge. Or even mingled the adverts into your dreams. That would possibly be the best form of advert yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join