It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court won't review Obama's eligibility to serve!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

I see you obviously supported McCain.

If this "theory" is true.

Why did McCain not use it during the campaign?

Why did he not call Obama out during the debates on this BC issue?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

What truth do you want? Do you want to take the red pill or the blue pill? If you take the red pill, you can believe whatever you want to believe... I just thought of that line from the Matrix right now. The Hawaiian Government said his birth certificate is legit. Isn't that enough for you? What more proof do you need? If you don't trust them if they produce their birth certificate because you think it's faked how can anyone prove to you that it's real?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Man, you people claiming "pre-determination, paranoia," and the like are clueless.

HOW MANY TIMES DOES IT HAVE TO BE SAID??????????????????????

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT OBAMA BEING PRESIDENT. I NEVER POSTED ANYTHING AFTER THE ELECTION SAYING IT WAS RIGGED, SOUR GRAPES, OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT. I JUST WANT THE TRUTH ON THE CITIZENSHIP ISSUE AND I HAVE PREDETERMINED ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. TAKE A HIKE ALREADY.

And again, ANSWER MY FREAKIN' QUESTION.

OBAMA ALREADY PRODUCED HIS BIRTH CERTIFICATE FROM HAWAII. HAWAIIAN OFFICIALS HAVE VERIFIED IT.

THAT IS OBVIOUSLY NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU.

SO:

WHAT LEVEL OF PROOF WOULD CONVINCE YOU???

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

I for one, would like an authoritative, impartial party - like a judge - to request both the long version of the BC certified as true by the state of Hawaii - and look to the dual-citizenship at birth issue and decide if that still constitutes a "natural-born citizen."

I have seen enough from the founders and framers writings to be convinced that it was not their intention that a person born with dual-citizenship was given "natural-born citizen" status, although they did get citizen status.

Maybe it is a mute issue today, but I can also envision situations where I doubt it would be.

I'd simply like a definitive answer on those 2 issues to put this mess to rest, and I don't think I am the only American citizen who feels that way.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmoConstitution? Most people have no idea what it is, what it says or even why it is important.
Obama was an Indoneasian Citizen

Where in the Constitution does it say that to be president, you can't be an Indonesian citizen?

Again, and I have yet to see one single intelligent answer - WHY, WHY, WHY won't Barry release his long-version vault copy birth certificate?

He doesn't have it! He CAN'T tell the Hawaii Health Department what to do with THEIR documents!

It costs $20 to do so.

You are WRONG. He ordered a birth certificate last year and they sent him a certification, which he posted on the Internet. Read my birth certificate thread. LEARN SOMETHING!

Originally posted by paxnatus
No BH, you are wrong on this one. There IS compelling information regarding Obama's eligibility to take office; namely his refusal to be forthcoming regarding his place of birth.

He HAS been forthcoming. It's in his books, every bio that's ever been written about him. It's in the Certification he published on the Internet for the WORLD to see.

Your refusal to believe it does not indicate evidence of anything except stubbornness on your part.

Think about all the time and money wasted because of his LIE!!

You don't want the truth. You have already decided this is a lie. No matter what happens, you would believe that this is a lie.

You just wait and see!!

I shall do that.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by sos37
That's not in any way the same thing as saying "This is a non issue". That's saying "This might be an issue but you know what? We're not touching it."

Only if you look at it through the eyes of someone who is so desperate to see Obama fail at any cost.

Lets face it. Nothing will satisfy the "non citizen" campaigners. Even if the guy stood on the Whitehouse lawn and produced a birth certificate for people to see, there would be claims it was the best forgery money could buy, and if it was proven genuine, there would be more claims that the people testing it were bought off.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Nighthawk
THAT IS OBVIOUSLY NOT ENOUGH FOR YOU.

And that obviously wasn't enough to convince Thomas either, because he referred the case to conference. But of course, that means nothing.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Here is the official statement from Hawaii

Please point out where in this statement is specifically says that the BC posted on Obama's site, or the daily Kos, or factcheck is the same as what they have on file.

That's the whole problem with using this statement - it really says NOTHING regarding whether or not what we have been shown is the same as what they have

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

I for one, would like an authoritative, impartial party - like a judge - to request both the long version of the BC certified as true by the state of Hawaii - and look to the dual-citizenship at birth issue and decide if that still constitutes a "natural-born citizen."

Well, that just happened. The SCOTUS decided not to pursue it. You can read whatever you want into that, but Occam's Razor would suggest they found it frivolous and a waste of the Court's time.

I have seen enough from the founders and framers writings to be convinced that it was not their intention that a person born with dual-citizenship was given "natural-born citizen" status, although they did get citizen status.

Half the "founders and framers" wouldn't have fit the definition as you believe it to be.

Maybe it is a mute issue today, but I can also envision situations where I doubt it would be.

I'd simply like a definitive answer on those 2 issues to put this mess to rest, and I don't think I am the only American citizen who feels that way.

If that's the case then the SCOTUS decision should be enough to satisfy you. It obviously isn't, so obviously you'll never be satisfied.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Double post, sorry.

[edit on 12/8/2008 by The Nighthawk]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

And that obviously wasn't enough to convince Thomas either, because he referred the case to conference. But of course, that means nothing.

Oh, no, hon. Many times, a lawsuit will come to a SC judge and he will reject it (as Souter did). The prosecutor can take it, in turn to each judge, one at a time, to try to get it heard. Sometimes, if it appears this is going to happen, the SC will just conference on it, to reject it in one move instead of having it go to each one and wasting time, energy and money.

That's what I suspect happened here. Once Souter turned it down, Donofrio took it to Thomas (showing that he was willing to keep it up until he got some action). Instead of turning it down for Donofrio to take to the next judge, Thomas just decided to bring it to them all at one time.

Their decision to conference on it meant nothing as regards the merit of the case. That's wishful thinking...

[edit on 8-12-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The BBC is reporting it here

Obama too British' case rejected

Incidentally, the case in question conceded that Obama was born in Hawaii .

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You asked a question, I gave an honest answer, and you negate it as though it doesn't matter.

If I still have doubts they are mine and I own them. I am not afraid to express them - and apparently many others have similar doubts.

Negating other people's doubts/feelings/opinions will only feed the division that is already forming in this country.

Why not try to help heal the division instead of widening it?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Please point out where in this statement is specifically says that the BC posted on Obama's site, or the daily Kos, or factcheck is the same as what they have on file.

Please, please PLEASE read my birth certificate thread!

This is on the Certification that Obama published:

“I certify that this is a true copy OR abstract of the record on file in the Hawaii State Department of Health"

Abstract: 1: a summary of points (as of a writing) usually presented in skeletal form ; also : something that summarizes or concentrates the essentials of a larger thing or several things

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

IF YOU BELIEVE THIS IT IS YOUR DUTY TO FIGHT. RIGHT NOW. NO EXCUSES. PICK UP A GUN AND GET MARCHING, BECAUSE AMERICA IS ALREADY LOST AND THE LAW MEANS NOTHING.

Lol, I can see it now, 1 man running toward congress with a gun, screaming for the truth, that'll go down well eh?!?

Seriously, that was idiotic to say the least, I think he's waiting for some company, but thats only a personal observation, as I've said before, most are waiting, for what they don't know, but when it happens, they'll all know.

What's that? You don't wanna? Then you're a liar, or a wuss, or both.

Is this how your research into the 9/11 and UFO's went?

Oh yes it is.

Well I agree partially here, I saw alot of people jump on this band wagon only to ignore the supposed evidence and just Bash the dude, but as to what all this is about?

Someone said it earlier on, it is about the facade that is our global (IMO) voting system, our supposed democracy, it is laughable, IMO.

Again, if you believe this to be the case, the USA is already gone and the Revolution is long overdue. Where's your weapon, Soldier?

A revolution comes when the people, unanimously agree something is wrong and must be sorted, you are talking about a rebellion with the few against the many and IMO, this is exactly what they are after, people like you fighting their battles for them.

Ofc, this is just my opinion and doesn't necesarily conform to your reality.

EMM

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Their decision to conference on it meant nothing as regards the merit of the case.

That's speculation. And what's worse, if a case that comes before a supreme court justice is forwarded or denied based upon what they "think" the prosecution will do if he denies it, rather than forward the case on the basis of perceived individual merit, this country is in deep, deep trouble. I'd have to hear Thomas himself confirm your speculation before I'd even touch that with a ten foot pole. Hon.
I still lub ya, no worries.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

What level of proof would convince you Obama is exactly who he says he is?

None. This is why I wished the Supreme Court would hear the case. At least some of the more reasonable people would be (finally) convinced.

To everyone asking why Obama doesn’t release his birth certificate well, he’s under no legal obligation to release his birth certificate until a Court orders him to.

Why would he give in to people’s demands of something he legally doesn’t have to? What next will people demand him to prove?

If he conceded to people’s demands he’d probably spend the rest of his term responding to frivolous lawsuits demanding him to prove he’s not the Antichrist, or any other bulls*t.

Who am I kidding, we all know this will happen anyway...

I’m all for people wanting the Constitution to be upheld, but I gotta ask: Where were you in the last 8 years? Where were you when President Bush ordered torture? Where were you when President Bush ordered illegal wiretapping? Were where you his Administration, treasonously, outed a CIA agent for their political gain?

And all the people crying foul, accusing Obama of not being born in the US, but then saying you don’t have to prove it.. well, you just lost the right to say you want the Constitution to be upheld.

[edit on 8-12-2008 by danx]

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Justice Thomas probably thought the case might have some legal interest, in the sense that they could’ve used it to finally address the issue of “natural born” citizen.

Also, I don’t know if you realize, but Donofrio’s case wasn’t about Obama specifically. Donofrio also contested that McCain wasn’t a “natural born” citizen.

How do you know Justice Thomas didn’t want to hear the case because of McCain’s situation?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx
I’m all for people wanting the Constitution to be upheld, but I gotta ask: Where were you in the last 8 years? Where were you when President Bush ordered torture? Where were you when President Bush ordered illegal wiretapping? Were where you his Administration, treasonously, outed a CIA agent for their political gain?

Some of us (myself included) and many others were very busy using the process of writing to our representatives and senators and, basically, pitching a major fit over it.

Just because this one issue is getting more attention does not mean that those of us who still see our elected officials as our Public Servants haven't spoke up LOUDLY over each and ever injustice, or lack of transparency, honesty that has been displayed by the current and previous administrations.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Some of us (myself included) and many others were very busy using the process of writing to our representatives and senators and, basically, pitching a major fit over it.

Just because this one issue is getting more attention does not mean that those of us who still see our elected officials as our Public Servants haven't spoke up LOUDLY over each and ever injustice, or lack of transparency, honesty that has been displayed by the current and previous administrations.

I know some people did their part then, and you know I have the most respect for your position because I know you question it for a legitimate reason, but unfortunately, you don’t represent the majority of the people pursuing and wanting these lawsuits to succeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join