It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening -

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
speaking of home depot....I just noticed today while there that they where selling a whole boat load of emergency wind up radios. I have never seen them carry those before.
Now that could be for the coming winter months but I have never seen them there in previous winters.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I'm in Utah and I am also an insurance agent. I'm used to taking animal/vehicle accident claims, but yesterday a client called in and this weekend he hit a deer (antlers stuck in his bumper for a minute and everything) and the deer just got right back up and kept running.

On thanksgiving my husband and I were commenting about the large influx of birds in our area - we saw literally 1000s (there are usually some birds in the area but nowhere near these numbers).

Just my .02

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have added some more posts to the map. I am now adding the description of the report to the post as I add them. The locations that were on the map previously with only a username and not a description will remain that way as I do not have time to adjust the map right now. If I get a chance later on, I will color code the tags on the map.

Right now all blue tags indicate reported unusual activity.

If I get a chance tonight I will adjust:
Blue - generic unusual animal activity (as is now)
Green - Plenty of animals or more than usual
Yellow - Bird activity, unusual migrations
Orange - Bird activity, no birds around
Brown - Household pets spazzing out/acting up
Green - Household pets acting normal
Purple - Unusual clouds, sky, lights etc.

My theory being that we should see points on the map indicating more animals than usual surrounding clusters of points indicating a lack of animals. This would indicate potential danger zones or areas where migration patterns have been interrupted.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by nydsdan]
Hopefully I will have time in the morning tomorrow to get the map updated with color coding. It will be interesting to see any notable trends develop.
Interactive Map.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
speaking of home depot....I just noticed today while there that they where selling a whole boat load of emergency wind up radios. I have never seen them carry those before.
Now that could be for the coming winter months but I have never seen them there in previous winters.

Everyone has been carrying them this year. I had never seen them before either. I bought one and then a few more for people for Christmas. I have to say, I don't know if people will like that all my Christmas presents for them, they are survival type things, from the wind up radios, to first aid kits to duel fuel coleman stoves.
Thank you for your map earlier. I don't know if you had a chance to check out Nysdan one. I hope you don't mind. I really appreciate what you did and I appreciate, people taking this 'experiment' seriously.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Today I saw a cayote out about in the daytime.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I use to live in oklahoma and I had horses and cows. Before a bad lightening storm or sever thunderstorms with tornadoes our horses and cows would gallop around our fields like they were trying to run away from something. I dont know if they have the same sense for earthquakes or volcanoes, but horses and cows still feel something in the air. One time our cow got caught in the bob wire fence because of a really bad lightening storm coming.Also the horses and cow would act weird only a day before the storm. So if anyone in those areas have cows or horses getting closer to the date that it will hit your horses and cows will tell you.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
Today I saw a cayote out about in the daytime.

Where? I have friends in NV that have been seeing more and more coyotes during the day -- this isn't completely unheard of - they are scavengers NOT nocturnal creatures.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by protected]

[edit on 3-12-2008 by protected]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chickenshoes

hi i live in new zealand .my cat is constantly at my feet .in the last week .and he wants food all the time.he not himself.the birds were squawking in the tree at 8-30 pm last night.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Check in from Southeast, Tn here. 5 hours east of the new Madrid. The dogs in my neighborhood have been barking incessantly for the last month, all day and all night. I hardly ever see any birds in the sky, let alone chirping. Not sure if that is because its winter and most have flown south for the winter...I'll keep a lookout for anything else.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
My sister who lives in Keota Ok. right by the border of Arkansas, saw this morning a whole bunch of groups/flocks of birds. She said it was like 5 differant bunches or flocks of black birds outside of Pocola, Ok that is right by the border of Arkansas. Enough birds to fill a few fields. She doesnt know if they were just feeding or just hangin out. But someone mentioned a whole bunch of black birds flying in Arkansas well they are right on the border of Ok & Ark. But I thought Ok felt the earthquake back in the 1800's.

edit to add: My sisters husband said that they would be flying south/southwest. And maybe that they flying out because of cold front coming. It would have been 10hrs before the cold front coming.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by isa75]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Everyone knows that bats can navigate almost flawlessly, right? Right. Yesterday, we had a car come into our shop with a bat in the front grille.
"so what" you say, "people hit birds all the time." True, but not bats. Thats the first bat/car impact I've seen in the 10 years I've been with VW. Something must be going on for a bat to not be able to echolocate a car. A person can stand at the entrance of a cave and not get hit once by over 2 million bats flying out, so yeah...that is odd.

I have also noticed very strange behavior in my dog for about a week now. Almost as if he is looking for some place to hide. He'll run around to several different areas of the house with his tail tucked under, and finally heads into his kennel. I let him up on the couch and bed whenever he wants, so the kennel is obviously giving him a sense of security. After about 20 minutes, he comes back out just fine.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well... first off. Id like to say that this thread is a great idea and needs to be publicized more. I read this whole thread and almost every response has been informative.
I live in Toledo, Ohio and I mentioned this thread to my bro... he said immediately that our family golden retriever was acting really weird last night at about 4 am. He would want to go outside, my bro would let him out, then he would just start going crazy.. running back and forth like a mad man (...er,mad dog)... barkin all nuts at nothin. (he checked to see if there were any animals outside but there were none.) He would force him to come inside then a little while later the dog would want to go back out... he would sit at the door barkin until my bro let him out...then would go crazy. Our dog knows not to even try to go outside from like 12 am til 7 am... unless he really really needs to go. He said he was acting very very weird... and our dog is already a little weird, so for him to mention it means something was up last night. Also.. i noticed and even mentioned yesterday that for the past 3 days he has been goin outside then comin in like 10 min later then about 30 seconds later he would want to go out again... over and over..

This is a little off topic... but..... very relevant to this thread. Check out this thread I started back in April. US Navy Responsible for Earthquakes
Its pretty self explanitory... and very scary actually... I suggest readung most of the posts... The graphs on the bottom of the first pageened up being the wrong times but when I get it all lined up right its right on. Those are on page 4.. Later into the thread a NASA guy comes into the convo and somewhat confirms my suspitions.

I have a torn shoulder so i am typin with one hand right now... Ive got a lot more to say but im gettin tired of this one hand stuff.... if you guys got any questions ill be checkin this thread later.

Peace

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by difsjf

I'm in the Seattle area, I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. We always are covered with dense clouds, sometimes there's a more yellow tint to just everything, but nothing strange.

My dog howled for the first time in her life about 2 weeks ago. But that's it. I think it is just a random howl, no correlation to earthquake prediction. There are absolutely no birds, where as I always seem to be waking up to crow calls. I believe this phenomenon is called winter.

This thread has a lot of confirmation bias "Now that you mention it my cats have been sleeping more lately!". This thread really doesn't serve any purpose more than everyone sharing where they live. This predicted quake is days away, let's just wait and see.

It also seems all the strange behavior is not in the Pac-NW, as webbot said the earthquake would hit.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Reddupo]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I saw a dog today barking at a cat. It was eerie. Then I saw a cat chase a mouse. Freaky.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Ok. I'll bite with the cat thing. My boyfriend's cat is usually extremely snobby and really isn't prone to being affectionate. And she still isn't BUT we keep the door to our bedroom closed at night whether she is inside or out and if she is out she has been scratching the door begging to come in until we get out of bed and open it for her. She's also been sitting on the bed way more than usual when usually she likes to keep her distance. This has been going on for about a week now, with her scratching the door and making a real rucous to get in, and I've been living here for a year and this is the only time she's been doing this. I haven't really noticed anything else unusual with animals in my area but I haven't neccessarily been looking either. I did see a rabbit bounding a long the road the other day though.
He was super cute.

Lower Mainland BC

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan
I have added some more posts to the map. I am now adding the description of the report to the post as I add them. The locations that were on the map previously with only a username and not a description will remain that way as I do not have time to adjust the map right now. If I get a chance later on, I will color code the tags on the map.

Right now all blue tags indicate reported unusual activity.

If I get a chance tonight I will adjust:
Blue - generic unusual animal activity (as is now)
Green - Plenty of animals or more than usual
Yellow - Bird activity, unusual migrations
Orange - Bird activity, no birds around
Brown - Household pets spazzing out/acting up
Green - Household pets acting normal
Purple - Unusual clouds, sky, lights etc.

My theory being that we should see points on the map indicating more animals than usual surrounding clusters of points indicating a lack of animals. This would indicate potential danger zones or areas where migration patterns have been interrupted.

You are amazing!!!

WOW - you have done such a WONDERFUL Job with the Map!!

I think I can speak for all of us when I say a HUGE "THANK YOU"

Call me COMPLETELY IMPRESSED!

I have already emailed Sheldrake the map, I will now email him the color coded meanings of the map!

AGAIN - I am blown away by what you have done!!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
I saw a dog today barking at a cat. It was eerie. Then I saw a cat chase a mouse. Freaky.

I have a question.....it seems every post you do in this thread is making fun of the fact - people are posting actual odd animal behavior right now, with that said, why is it you feel the need to keep posting those kinds of things?

Also, if you read the posts...you will find there is a pattern right now to some strange things happening.

Also Nydsdan has built an amazing map - showing the patterns - people are actually trying to work together here - to do something, that has not been done before in the U.S. (from my knowledge) to see and figure out if there are warning signs coming from animals right now - that would conclude an earthquake is imminent in any area. Just as China did and saved a million lives.

So with all of that, I am going to nicely ask, to please don't come in just to post something, that is making fun of or ridiculing what we are trying to accomplish here.

Thank you, for your help and future positive posts.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I live in Indiana. several months ago we were woke up in the middle of the night by our two outside dogs. They were whining and crying like they were afraid of something. I wondered what could possibly be wrong and I was just getting up to check on them when we felt an earthquake. It lasted only a short time but it was frightening. It made our ceiling fans shake back and forth and we heard an odd sound in the ground like a rumbling. After the 5.2 quake our dogs got quiet. I do believe they were afraid and they were warning us of what was getting ready to happen.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well I have two odd things to add. I live near Memphis, TN and the MS River. This morning my husband calls from the car to tell me to look outside at the clouds. They all appeared to look alike. They all looked similiar to a Nike swoosh and they overlapped and covered the sky.

The other issue which was more disturbing was a goose tried to land on the expressway today. I was on the interstate and saw this large goose by itself coming closer toward the road. I watched and assumed it was going to swoop back up but it did not! It was extremely close to shaving its own head off across my windshield. I felt really sorry for it. It barely made it to the side of the interstate and was obviously sick and disoriented. It was odd though.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I am west of Houston. I've noticed that this year we have not seen the amount of snow geese that we commonly see. Usually there are many flocks of over a hundred geese filling the skies after about the first week of November. I've only seen a couple of small flocks.

I would like to ask the two posters from the Woodlands area if they have seen the snow geese in their area.

I would also like to ask other posters that are on the flyway if they've noticed anything unusual, like the snow geese are staying longer than normal.

I also noticed tonight that the clouds had layers of tint - orange and pale blue. Not sure it was a reflection effect of how the sun was setting in relation to the clouds but I couldn't see the sun any longer.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join