It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening -

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan
Okay, I have made an attempt to create an interactive map. Let's see if it works at all:
ATS Animal Behavior Map

I see that the markers just have people's name, is there not a way to add the particular "phenomena" they experience?

OP: You should put the link to that interactive map in the first post as it does a better and more efficient job than the other posters hand done map (no offense to him, simply saying from an efficiency, ease-of-use point-of-view)

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Northern California.

My cats are acting rather odd the past 2 days. Meowing at doors, meowing loudly, and meowing as they walk, jumping up walls at nothing. Its drivng me nuts, raising my blood pressure heh.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well, they claim birds see the earths magnetic field to navigate and there are claims that the magnetic field is influenced by magma movement and oscillations. Might explain confused birds.

Birds link
www.livescience.com...

Magma link (pdf)
www.cosis.net...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'm in the DFW area; Arlington, specifically. I haven't noticed anything very unusual with the exception of hearing our tornado sirens going off (which are used for other types of warnings). Once was last night @ 8:30 or so, if I recall correctly, though it sounded different than usual, so I'm not sure if it was actually one of those sirens. The 2nd time was this afternoon @ 1pm here in Grand Prairie, TX where I work. I don't recall them ever testing them this time of year.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan
Okay, I have made an attempt to create an interactive map. Let's see if it works at all:
ATS Animal Behavior Map

WOW, HAS ANYONE EVER TOLD YOU HOW SUPER AWESOME YOU ARE?!

WHAT AN AWESOME MAP!!!!

THANK YOU!

I am going to ask a moderator to put it in the main body of the thread - so everyone can go there!

I am IMPRESSED!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hey. I'm in Louisville, KY. We felt the earthquake back in April. It woke me up out of bed, so I'm sure something high on the richter scale would affect us here. I'm gonna take the advice and try to figure out how to strap my water heater down

Anyway, still lots of birds and squirrels in and around my yard. Just peeped out the window and saw a cardinal, a blue jay and a bunch of finches. Pretty much what I would expect to see this time of year.
My wife has some friends in Chattanooga, TN however, and they told her their dog has been acting super needy and rambunctious the past few weeks. None of them even know about this thread. My wife just mentioned it to me randomly last night.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Northern Illinois 60 miles west of Chicago

My cat isn't a lap cat by any means and he purrs instead of meows. Within the last week or so he has started crawling into my lap A LOT more. He has also been meowing way may more then I have ever heard him meow.

I was thinking it's just because he is cold seeing as this is his first winter, but maybe it isn't.

I never thought northern Illinois would be hit by an earthquake, but we did feel the one a few months back that was in southern Illinois.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by hILB3rT]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Hey. I'm in Louisville, KY. We felt the earthquake back in April. It woke me up out of bed, so I'm sure something high on the richter scale would affect us here. I'm gonna take the advice and try to figure out how to strap my water heater down

Anyway, still lots of birds and squirrels in and around my yard. Just peeped out the window and saw a cardinal, a blue jay and a bunch of finches. Pretty much what I would expect to see this time of year.
My wife has some friends in Chattanooga, TN however, and they told her their dog has been acting super needy and rambunctious the past few weeks. None of them even know about this thread. My wife just mentioned it to me randomly last night.

Hey - home depot - in the plumbing area - has a roll of metal straps $3.57 for 25 feet. Then just take it and wrap it around the water heater at top and bottom, in 2 individual pieces - use cutters - then just nail the edges together onto a stud.

it took me all of 3 to 5 minutes to get mine done yesterday.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Location: St. Louis County (MO) - quiet urban area, not rural

Animal Behavior:

- Basically no signs of rabbits with the exception of one I saw 2 nights ago just sitting in the middle of the street right after dusk. It flipped out when I turned the corner and it saw my headlights (started running toward my house then did an about face at curb and ran back across the street and into an empty lot - which is odd when I think about it now b/c the lot is one of two areas on our street that has no trees, no bushes, no cover). Last year around this time it was slightly warmer and we had normal amount of rabbits (usually see about 3-4 per evening and early morning).

- Pigeons that normally infest our eaves throughout the year were around 'til about 2 months ago when they disappeared for a month and then suddenly reappeared en masse (at least 75) just sitting/making noise on the front lawn of a house 2 doors down for a couple of hours. They took off (wasn't home so didn't notice flight pattern) and haven't been back since.

- Bat come into the bedroom back in September from an apparent mini-colony in the attic (our house was built back in the '20s and the attic's more of a crawlspace running the roof's expanse rather than your traditional attic.). Odd b/c it crawled down in between the walls and came out of small hole used for computer wires in bedroom and was just hanging on the upper-wall when we got home. It wasn't rabid. We've never had a bat problem before this and don't know of anyone else in the neighborhood who's had one either.

- Haven't seen a squirrel in ages but that could be from last year's ice storm messing w/ acorns/seeds, etc. We had a family of them camping out for a couple of years in the attic/roof toward the front part of the house (I'd hear them scrabbling all the time) and didn't notice until bat problem mentioned above that we hadn't heard the squirrels in awhile. I thought (hoped) that the bats had some use and had killed the squirrels (noises made cat go nuts), but the bat removal guy said they often live together w/ bats in one wing and squirrels in another.

- Household pets seem fairly normal - cat eats more than usual, but she's fat to begin with.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
In Norfolk, VA the live oak trees had plenty of acorns this year. I heard there are none in Northern VA. There are plenty of wild birds. I flushed about 10 wild tukeys last week. They've made a big comeback over the last few years.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Although I'm nowhere near the earthquake danger zone (I live in the Netherlands) I think it's a very good idea to keep up a map like this.

Maybe animal behaviour predicts more than just earthquakes (although seing patterns before earthquakes would improve things much already). With all members watching and adding what they see maybe we will find patterns we never thought of before.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
There's NO BIRDS singing where I live in southern AZ, yesterday the trees were full. Usually, it's very loud. We generally have ducks here for the winter, no one has seen one this year.

I called a relative on a farm, there are none in their yard, so they drove around to adjoining farms. There's one neighbor who recently plowed a field and put down manure, usually it's covered in birds, but there were no birds today, only there were four sitting on the ground under the tree. It's warm and sunny, about 75 degrees.

Called a retiree in northwest Phoenix, has not heard or seen a bird all day, no one in their neighborhood has heard one. No birds singing or visible as reported by another in Mesa, AZ. No birds singing near my friend in West Palm Beach, FL. Contacted someone in Santa Fe, no birds there. Same thing in Raleigh, NC.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'm in the western tip of NC and remarked just yesterday on the large number of birds that are hangng out in the area. Even saw a flock of robins out in a snow-covered field yesterday evening. A bit odd for here at this time of the year.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Living in the netherlands aswell.....

the gooze were extremly early this year..i saw there passing by from end of July... very odd....

several weeks later there was a colomn in the new's papers that the breeding season of the gooze was a disaster for them due of extreme cold in siberia ...... so that was the reason for there early migration to the south.....

still very weird.. to see them so early..

[edit on 3-12-2008 by ressiv]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
LOL. I think Arkasas was one of the possible places for terror attack right?

A video mapped out all the past events that was making a pentagram accross the US.

Wasn't Arkansas one of them?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I live in GA right now, so I haven't seen anything odd lately. Though from having read some charts, I know that where I'm at, I might still be at risk. We just won't feel the full force of it. (hopefully)

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
A couple of already-rambunctious male cats in my apartments have been excessive, even for them, in their physical activity and their vocal alacrity. This has been the case for several days consecutive. We are in the midwest, between some notably large lakes.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Puget sound, Washington state, 'lost presumed dead' seven Orca whales in october. I just read somewhere we had 16 dead ones in 1999-our big quake was in 2001 though.LINK

The racoons are still about and the hawks are still maintaining post over traffic. But that hundred/hundred fifty canadian geese all at once; hmmm...maybe they wanted to hit the coast before heading south for the winter-or whatever they do. I couldn't run for the camera-I wanted to watch them; once in a life time, like seagulls, only...geese. Not in formation either-in not quite a strait line.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hi,
Been lurking listening to this thread, thought you might want to visit this link to the Havarian radio distress communications site.
It shows all seismic activity for the world on a satelitte map, along with vulcanic, Tsunami, storms etc.

visz.rsoe.hu...

Its a cool site,
Jumped on this morning to verify things and notice that seismic activity is ramping up very quickly in several sites around the world as is vulcanic activity, might be worth checking it out. It usually lists anything thats happened inthe last 12 to 24 hours
Rossa

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
No animal anomalies in Eastern Oregon, yet. The HPH time monk, Cliff High, has next Friday at the center of his prediction. This is a Super Full Moon type event on the 12th where the moon and sun are closest to the earth. I've followed Cliff's predictive linguistic approach and it's a very interesting and emerging field. Many naysayers seem to discount HPH's approach, but from what I've heard Cliff say in interviews, there are other govt. around the country doing similar research.

What most people seem to miss with Half Past Human's approach is their conclusion that everyone is psychic to some degree or other. Future events are like stones in a puddle, the wave from events propagate forward and backwards in time. Our language, when analyzed with the right SW, can show signs of changing our meanings and contexts that foretell future events. They don't just look up words like Earthquake, but find specific words and then they go dozens of words in each direction looking for trends and usages around each word. This approach gets dialed and manipulated after runs that grab several terabytes of data. This approach has been refined over and over again to draw out more meaning from the data. This sort of research is in it's infancy and getting better all the time.

OK, so you're skeptical about HPH being wrong.

So how about another data point.
Lisa Williams - Medium predicts Cal. Earthquake

Or how about the Horizon Project's take on Earthquake are a-coming.....
Horizon Project

When numerous researchers/psychics/normal people report things with similar bering, it's worth taking note.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join