It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening -

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by judydawg

My cardinals are gone

Well they came to my house. For the past 5 years I have had only 2 Cardinals, a mated pair. The male would always chase off any others who showed up. Then about two weeks ago we had six show up, mostly males and they seem to be sticking around.

and as for my dog, now that you mention it her eating habits have changed in a strange way. When we put the food in her bowl she doesn't eat it, she started waiting till the middle of the night! I think that started about a month ago...

[edit on 3-12-2008 by Helmkat]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Rhode Island

Filled bird feeder 3 weeks ago. The feeder is still full, no birds are around either.
No cardinals or bluejays. (very strange)
No turkey vultures or hawks in the air.
Noticed an increase in coyotes howling at night.
Rabbits in yard are gone, we usually have them right through the year.
Canadian geese are mostly grounded, have not noticed any real migration patterns.

I will dump and refill the feeder & will keep an eye out.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
For those with the ringing ears... it is flu/cold season and this can just be caused by sinus pressure/congestion. I have a bit of a sinus cold right now and I have had the ringing on and off this week. Probably 3 episodes which have cause me to pay attention to it in the past 5 days. I'm pretty sure - at least in my case - this is due to congestion.

Again, NYC area for correlation sake. Not exactly a big risk for earthquakes up here despite Discovery channel's attempts to scare me last night!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Pellevoisin, I too am near the Woodlands area of Texas. I have been noticing odd things myself including vultures. The other day we were driving by a field and we saw a pair of big black birds. At first I didn't know what they were, then when we got close I realized they were vultures. They were not feeding at all, just standing there looking lost. In all the years I have been in Texas I have never seen anything like that. It was just plain weird. Then at the ranch where my daughter rides horses, two "Wild Turkeys" wandered up to the ranch and have stayed there. They are very clingy and want to be around humans constantly. I couldn't believe it. These are wild animals, not tame. I am still scratching my head on that one.
And you are not the only one seeing weird cloud formations. We are seeing it too. Plus I have been having dreams of quakes and tsunamis, just like I did before the big one in Indonesia.

Someone else from Texas, earlier in the posts - mentioned vultures hanging out by the road down there, not eating anything, but basically looking confused and lost. I did not go back to find that post - in responding here. There seems to be a 'REAL' line that goes from Chicago down to Texas of very 'REAL' odd behavior happening with animals. That line also seems to spread out a couple of hundred miles (estimate) from the center point. I will see if we can't get all these reports on the map CaptGizmo started.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You can post all the weird, ridiculous, things are gonna happen, animals are freaking out, etc. threads you want, but nothing is going to happen.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DarrylGalasso

Good luck to you and your family too. I just learned about the triangle of life here at ATS a few days ago, and I'll definitely remember that if anything happens.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by difsjf
I'm on the Northwest Coast of the US though. So, I don't know if it has anything to do with the earthquake. I just thought I'd share it with you. It's really been freaking me out. It's been going one for at least all of November, if not longer.
And if anyone else is in the Seattle area and has noticed this, I'd be really happy if you told me!

Good way to put it, Like a dirty cloud floating through the sky. I've noticed, your not crazy.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I live in California and my mom told me that one of her co workers was telling her that her dog is a very quiet dog and that it never barks a lot or is in any way loud. Then her co worker said that at about 1 o clock in the morning her dog was being very very loud. She said it was barking for about 1 hour and wouldn't stop. It also wasn't barking at a squirrel or animal but that it was running around barking all over the place,

[edit on 3-12-2008 by officeresti]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Central Cali coast here again, and all Blue Jays came this morning, as did the squirrels and little towhees. Sea birds seem to be acting nomral, too.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nydsdan

Nah, I've had ringing in my ears for years, just going through a more intense phase than usual. Sinus no different from normal.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Sorry I have not updated the map as it will have to wait till tonight. I am at work with no access to that file nor do i have that capability on this stone age laptop I have to use. Rest assured I will update it when I get home tonight so we may continue to track this pattern. Good to see this experiment continuing.

As long as people keep updating with strange animal behavior they notice as well as the ringing in the ears and nausea.

[edit on 12/3/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This might be something to do with this Quake prediction. I'm up in Ontario, by the big lakes shore line. Toronto is 150 miles away down the coast and a friends dog is howling, this VERY rarely howls.
Now the town I live in the outside kept dogs are howling. I've never heard them howl, like at the moon or sirens.
A bit different to hear howling and nothing else. Quiet town and right by the shore. Ontario felt a quake before, trying to remember when that was.....maybe 4 years ago????
Maybe I'm spooked a bit, but the world "feels" different, can't explain it.

Hey Canadians, do you folks remember that small quake. Could feel it in Oshawa. I think the center was out in the big lake.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Interesting that the ear ringing was mentioned. My Dad has Tinnitus (constant ringing of the ears) and it tends to fluctuate in severity. I'll have to ask him how it has been lately and see if it changes during the coming days.

I'll keep up with what my friends and family in Southeast Missouri have to say and share any info along the way.

Very interesting posts and topic, happy to help out!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
UTAH

Thanksgiving day. Black birds gathering over city. not going anywhere. Just gathering. weird...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Okay, I have made an attempt to create an interactive map. Let's see if it works at all:
ATS Animal Behavior Map

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
A bunch of wales died the other day in Australia (i think)

Wonder if they could sense something

wierd.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I live approximately 50 miles due north of Indianapolis, and for the last 7 years, I feed regularly 17 adult raccoons on average and during early summer I feed the babies. I have been heart broken for the past 3 weeks. I have not seen any raccoons, possums, rabbits. Not one. Their food bowls have remained untouched.We have since had snowfall and I have seen no tracks.A friend of mine drives a truck daily to Georgetown, KY, and last week 2 days in a row, near Dry Ridge, KY, he had a redtail hawk hit his windshield so he was extremely upset. I too have increased cardinals, blue-jays, and a bird that never visited my feeders till now is, the eastern bluebird. My deer population has been nil. I have not seen them in their normal routes around my home or I have not seen their tracks. I thought I would add to this thread because we had an earthquake in April of this year with aftershocks, and I had noticed unusual animal behavior before this occurred and did not associate this with an earthquake, also around Indianapolis in April I believe, they had a small lake dry up if I'm not mistaken, maybe someone from Indianapolis can remember this and verify..

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Central Pugetropolis, WA State here. I live in a small-ish city (Bonney Lake) in the foothills of the mountains almost literally in the shadows of Mt Rainier. While the rest of the country is suffering from the abnormally cold temperatures due to that darned human cause global warming
, we are experiencing much warmer that normal temperatures.

I can't say that I have noticed anything unusual regarding animal behaviour for the most part. My cat seems to really want to cuddle with me even though I don't like him and call him a moron and so forth. I push him away most of the time when he comes to me. My wife and 3 daughters love the crap out of him and cuddle him and so on, but he still seems to prefer me. Odd, but irritatingly normal around here.

We have had several cougar sightings in the neighborhood, but that's not too unusual since we are encroaching on their territory. We even lost a cat to a cougar a few years back along with many other neighborhood pets.

We have no acorns! But I guess that would be expected since we have no oak trees near.

Oh, usually we have these Steller's Jays (mistakenly called Blue Jays by most people around here) in the trees in the front, but they seem to be gone lately. Not that I mind since their "calls" are so annoying - worse than the crows.

My former brother in law is bringing me a freezer load of venison and bear to make room for more in his freezer, so it would seem that the deer/bear population around here is fine as well.

Someone from around these parts mentioned the "dirty" looking clouds around lately. I have noticed that and some rather stunning sunrises too - but I don't believe that is very unusual for Washington.

As for kids, I have a 20 year old, a 17 year old and a 7 year old all at home. Well the 20 year old "lives" with us about 75% of the time. Her junk lives with us 24/7 though. But I digress. My daughters are fairly gullible, helpless, and need to be told daily how to do the chores correctly - so all is normal there.

Not to make light of the animal warnings though. I do believe that there is something to that. But didn't the webbot say the big earthquake is to happen in the Northwest on or about 12/12? Just sayin' that we are getting close to that date here in the Northwest and all the animals and children seem to be acting normal. Well, normal for my house anyway.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I live in central Tennessee, and there have been some odd things with the birds here.

Two mornings in a row and there were literally hundreds of birds in my front yard. It looked like a scene out of that movie the birds.

I also live in out in the country so I see alot of livestock which are also behaving in odd manners. They are being restless, seeming irritated, and they are just acting odd in general.

Being around them everyday its just easy for me to tell, and hard to describe.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join