It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening -

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
A lot of birds around here in London. Today just walking to the shop. I saw Parakeets. Red Robins. Pigeons and many other small and medium birds types which I have forgotten the names for them haha.

So I guess we are safe haha.

Seriously, I hope nothing happens over there. Good luck, stay safe.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
West Central Utah here.
My parrot is usually very nippy, but the last week he has been super cuddley and always wants to be with me.
There have been much fewer yard birds and the feeders stay filled for days - unusual for this time of year.
I noticed a couple day ago that the raptors have been absent. I haven't seen a vulture or hawk in a couple weeks. They are usually very common year-round.
The coyotes are move vocal than usual and active along the roadside at sunset and sunrise.
It might mean nothing, but thought I'd add my observations, especially since I have been an avid birdwatcher for over a decade.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf
Buffalo, NY. We just moved here in October, so I really don't know the wildlife pattern. No squirrells or rabbits anymore and very few birds. Could be the snow and low temps. Hubby and I have been experiencing an increase in ringing in the ears. The ringing is louder and longer in duration than normal.

Wonder if we could get a tidal wave off the Erie from a quake?

Interesting enough - someone else has mentioned about ringing in the ears. Last night when I went to bed - I could not get to sleep for awhile - there was a very odd type ringing (very low frequency). I have bad hearing (too many years of listening to loud music through headphones), anyway - I looked around for the source of weird ringing/frequency. I then laid down again, trying to ignore it (thinking over active imagination - with this thread and all), BUT the ringing/frequency was not a steady one - it would go on and off and in various pitches and levels.
I finally got to sleep, but my cat woke me up over and over last night, by stepping on my face - laying on my face and even scratching at my face.
She would also go to the edge of the bed and look out for a moment then come right back to get as close to me as possible. To me - it was all odd - as she has never been so insistent - especially waking me up by doing things to my face. btw: I am in Tennessee - eastern part.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I check the IRIS map several times a day. In the last month or so there have been new areas where earthquakes have occurred and there have also been several large quakes occurring close together which is unusual.

That particular map only shows quakes 4 and above. In the Arkansas area they have been having smaller quakes that they can't figure out what is up with them and I posted this article in another thread yesterday....but in case you missed it:

current.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hey all. I posted anonymously talking about my hometown in SE Missouri. If that post doesn't make it up, I'll reiterate what I said before. I grew up in SE Missouri, about one hour north of New Madrid, MO. I have a lot of in-laws and extended family that live in the area. I'll be in contact with my family today and will update to this post any relevant information.

Funny that all of this is coming about. Back home, the earthquake predictions are a dime a dozen, always waiting for the "big one" to hit us at any moment. I remember the 4.6 back in the early 90's (I believe it was in September), it was quite the talk of the town. There was a minor quake, recently - last two years, that was news worthy.

As I have been keeping up with the original post about the prediction and this current thread, I checked out my hometown newspaper to see of any mention of earthquakes in the past years and the like. I found this;

www.semissourian.com...

Odd timing, if you ask me. Again, I'll be in contact with my parents and keep everyone updated as to any relevant information.

Olly

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Look, about the acorns it is probably part of the natural boom bust adaptation oaks use for propagation. Oaks go through cycles increasing fruiting to compete with the increasing squirrel population brought about by increasing acorns. Then the oaks will have a period of low production and cause the squirrel population to crash thus continuing the cycle.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I live in Illinois and I have a number of pets (Dog, cats, fish, lizards,birds) and have a number of bird feeders (as well as backing up to a heavily wooded area). The New Madrid fault is down state so I will watch for anything strange.

Good idea OP. Star and flag.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Great thread.

I live in North Carolina eastern point, 10 miles form Georgia and Tennssee lines.

Before Thanksgiving we have seen real strange wild animals behavior. My inside dogs don't move much LOL

My birdfeeder is still full should have been empty by now. My cardinals are gone, found one dead on my deck it was beautiful and I was sad (called foresty and health dept. they didnt seam to care). We had at least two pair maybe three of cardinals and haven't seen a one for over a month. One pare of blue jays, not seen. I was excited because last year they had nested in my bird house and was waiting to see the babies grow.

One day it was a deer the size of a small horse, another day it was a racoon, another day it was a coyote and on another day a bear cub. Confused is the right word. We dont go out everyday or at the same time everyday. These animals were all out in the middle of the day.

We were thinking we were special and that GOD was letting us see animals that most people live ther whole life without seeing.

One more thing we have had this house for 25 years and lived here for the past 15, this fall we had 100's of acorns on the deck and I mean 100's. I have sweep the leaves off a few times.

Will go on the lookout for the turkey buzzards and report back. Hubby just kept saying it was going to be a cold winter. The animals were confussed that is the right word now that I think about it.

Haven't read the whole thread but with all the flooding along the Mississippi River. That water went somewhere, why not the fault line?

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith
I live in Northeastern Arkansas and I have noticed that I have no rabbits in my yard. THis started about 2 days before Thanksgiving. I was talkingto my brother, and he said he hasn't seen any signs of squirels feeding on the pecan trees in our orchard, on the wild trees nearby. He hasn't seen any squirrels either. I have two in my back yard that don't seem to be going onywhere.
I haven't seen anything strange in the sky, day or night, I'll continue to keep my eyes open.

I also live in northeastern Arkansas. I've been hearing for a while that we are "overdue" for a major earthquake, but never really gave it a second thought until the tremors lately. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary yet, but I'll be sure to post anything I do happen to notice over the next few days.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Just found this a bit odd.... On google maps there has always been a map that showed recent quakes... well long story short there is no longer that option ????? :-/

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Does Avian flu possibly have a role in this apparent regional lack of birds? It should show up pretty soon if that is the case. Hence the warnings to stay out of popluation centers and increased troop presence in order to deal with quarantines and curfews.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

UPDATE ON EMAIL TO SHELDRAKE

I have just received this email from Rupert Sheldrake - from the National Geographic Article.

Dear Sherrie,

Thanks for your email. In principle, collecting stories about animal behaviour could provide useful warnings of earthquakes. The problem is the websites or telephone systems have to be very widely known to get a big sample of peoples’ reports. Also, issuing warnings that turn out to be false can cause panic and could also discredit the whole system. But for research purposes collecting stories and seeing what happens is indeed a good idea. Please let me know what happens!

Best wishes
Rupert Sheldrake

I understand - the point of wrong warnings and panic - but I also believe if everyone post 'real' strange animal behavior happening right now, people in those areas - where the strange behavior seems to be prevelant, can then decide if it has meaning for them or not - to leave the area for awhile.

I will also copy and paste - to email Sheldrake some of the odd behavior of animals that are happening right now in various post.

The confusion of animals, that people are reporting - I will definitely be sending to him.

I emailed him back, giving him a synopsis of what type of behavior is being reported and invited him in to taking a peek at the post himself.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Just want to say this is a great idea for a thread.

Especially with the webbot predictions for two major earthquakes for the
USA from Dec 10-15.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I live in central Kentucky. I found a dead coyote in my backyard on Sunday. As far as I could tell, he had not been shot or hit by a car. I could see no injuries on him whatsoever. He appeared to be very healthy (thick fur, not skinny at all) before he died. I still don't know how he died. Maybe from exhaustion?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Cardinals all over my yard, little birds of all kinds by the millions here in Missouri. So many Geese which usually fly south for the winter, and have been on the same track for many years kept flying back and forth for days. We lost track of which direction they finally went.

As for my cats, they are CRAZY! They act like they are starving, they are fat and have always been well cared for. They run in a pack ahead of me to the kitchen and jump up on their food area, they jump into the trashcan where we keep the pet food to eat out of the bag, but if I take the bag and place it on the feeding shelf, they wont eat it there and run and jump in the trashcan when I open it to feed the dogs...

My dogs wont eat out of their own bowls, they want ANYONES but their own.

The chickens are attacking when we step into the coop, they have always been like pets, so yes Id say my pets are acting strange.

And the coyotes are howling alot, I almost cried when I heard them the other night, they seem so intense about something...

Tee hee, I had to laugh about the cats. You know, though, I was just telling my mom the very same thing a few days ago. They are constantly ravenous, all 4 of them, and nearly every step I take, they stampede in the direction of the basement, where their food bowls are. One of them I have even caught trying to eat something out of the trashcan, normally they would turn their noses up at nasty human food!

Other than that, the only unusual thing I have seen was a young buck running across the field out back of our house. He was booking it across that field, right out in the open in broad daylight. It could have been, though, that the farmers have been plowing their fields under for the winter time, and he had gotten startled by one of their tractors.

I'm in Missouri, by the way.

[edit on 12/3/2008 by chickenshoes]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Crazy birds in rome

this is a tad weird?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
Interesting enough - someone else has mentioned about ringing in the ears. Last night when I went to bed - I could not get to sleep for awhile - there was a very odd type ringing (very low frequency). I have bad hearing (too many years of listening to loud music through headphones), anyway - I looked around for the source of weird ringing/frequency. I then laid down again, trying to ignore it (thinking over active imagination - with this thread and all), BUT the ringing/frequency was not a steady one - it would go on and off and in various pitches and levels.
I finally got to sleep, but my cat woke me up over and over last night, by stepping on my face - laying on my face and even scratching at my face.
She would also go to the edge of the bed and look out for a moment then come right back to get as close to me as possible. To me - it was all odd - as she has never been so insistent - especially waking me up by doing things to my face. btw: I am in Tennessee - eastern part.

The ringing is almost constant now. Volume changes but I have gotten used to it I suppose. Both Hubby and I have hearing problems due to loud aircraft engine noise from military service. The ‘ringing’ is more of a high pitched electronic type noise. First time I noticed it, I thought it was coming from the TV. I think ‘ringing’ is a misnomer as it isn’t a bell I hear.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Chicago checking in. I took a walk outside and there is not a bird or a squirrel to be seen. Not one. It's usually like Wild freaking Kingdom out there, and everytime I go out to smoke, there are a number of squirrels and birds, including my buddy, the Big Black Squirrel, who is especially fearless. I don't know if this is because we have had some snow the past few days, and are expected to get more, or if it's something else. At any rate, it's odd because my partner and I had planned a trip to the Army Surplus store this afternoon at my insistence that we pack a couple of backpacks with necessary items and buy a tent so we can be prepared if we need to get the hell out. My sense of urgency has been especially pronounced the last couple of weeks. Thanks to all for their contributions to this thread. Will be interesting to see what happens.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
South West Coast
Status = haze clearing to a clear and sunny day with birds abound

This type of monitoring is a great research project.

questioningall is doing a great job getting locations and weeding out any unnecessary hype.

"Odd" animal behavior + location is the key here.

No panic involved, just simple basic reporting.

I live 1.5 miles from the San Andreas Fault, have most of my life. Many reports on this thread from my area are all similar. Nobody seems to be adding dishonest information here. At worst we have animal lovers stories that are totally irrelevant, but nice nonetheless.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Pellevoisin, I too am near the Woodlands area of Texas. I have been noticing odd things myself including vultures. The other day we were driving by a field and we saw a pair of big black birds. At first I didn't know what they were, then when we got close I realized they were vultures. They were not feeding at all, just standing there looking lost. In all the years I have been in Texas I have never seen anything like that. It was just plain weird. Then at the ranch where my daughter rides horses, two "Wild Turkeys" wandered up to the ranch and have stayed there. They are very clingy and want to be around humans constantly. I couldn't believe it. These are wild animals, not tame. I am still scratching my head on that one.
And you are not the only one seeing weird cloud formations. We are seeing it too. Plus I have been having dreams of quakes and tsunamis, just like I did before the big one in Indonesia.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join