It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Minds of ATS! A Tribute.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Personally I think we are headed to WW3 slowly but surely.

The Fed handing out 3 trillion and then refusing to say to whom ?

That's not that hard to figure out what those $3 trillion are intended for. What do you finance WW3 with? $2 trillion ... $1 trillion?

[edit on 12/2/2008 by stander]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
rock puck said

"I think there has to be a REASON they are not loaning this money out. If the Gov gave me $25billion to play with and I could loan it out risk free (hell if I loose my bets, gov gives me more money since they proved we cannot fail..) .. I sure as hell would be loaning to anyone who wanted a loan!."

Besides the rising Lack of confidence banks have in Corporations or consumers paying them back here is a possibility of what they will do with the cash (couresty of Alex merk picked up at market oracle)

www.marketoracle.co.uk...

Before we discuss the next step the Fed has taken in its undeterred will to unlock credit in the economy, let's pause for a second to look at a potential unintended consequence. If you are a bank and don't like to lend to the private sector, but are awash in cash, what do you do? You can deposit the cash at the Fed and earn 1% interest; you can buy Treasury bills and earn approximately zero; or you can lend money to --- the government. In our view, it seems a logical conclusion for banks to buy longer dated Treasury bonds. Banks are in the business of borrowing short and lending long: typically, banks would have deposits (short-term loans from depositors, callable at any time) and lend to finance long-term projects. This may well be the greatest carry trade of all times, except that it has neither credit, nor currency risk; it does have interest risk, i.e. if long-term interest rates go up because the market prices in the risk of inflation, then banks could lose money

This article also has a great play by play showing the fed's actions and spelling out how the money supply rising does not translate into higher price inflation when banks don't lend

oh and speaking of the devil .......Treasury to issue 100 year bonds?

www.bloomberg.com...

The surest way and most disasterous for the country to get out of the deflationary spiral that FED goveners fear we may be entering, is for the U.S to covertly help co-ordinate OPEC dropping the Petro-Dollar, this will weaken the dollar tremendously and Short dollar positons will build up like they did in the spring, and the long oil/gold crowd and short dollar crowd would also be able to prop up the nominal price of assets including the stock market, as well as gas and food again, this would be a death blow to the general economy (Standard of living) as well. Remember Green-scam was advising middle east country's to do this earlier in the year.
IN place of the dollar OPEC would use either a basket of currency's or demand gold for payment (and become the next super power?) , but this would also sever the pillar supporting the Super power status of the U.S military funding mechanism i believe. But the globalists may be done with there host: U.S economy . sweet dreams

[edit on 2-12-2008 by cpdaman]

[edit on 2-12-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Stander,
Mmm I don't know what the Images mean?

As in relation to myself and any threads you have posted on, or read my contributions on?

Some evidence please of where I have meant to have "trolled" as such...

Beastly too?

Wow.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
reply to post by stander

Stander,
Mmm I don't know what the Images mean?

No kidding! You really don't know?
Just look again. It's a Nobel Price ceremony. I thought you got it.

You've been crashing the gathering of the greatest minds of the 21st century. That's so funny . . .

Now you know how these medal-dropping ceremonies work.

I know that you have certain reservartions about the academic prowes of those who have attended this ceremony -- no WW3 or $200 oil per barrel yet -- but you can't win them all. Economic and political forecasting is a very difficult discipline. Only the cream of the top can hope to be right once out of a hundred tries.

To make it short: You just declare general mayham ahead and hope that the fan will stay plugged in and the toilet unflushed. Then, later, you rent tuxedo, limo, and attend the appreciation party.

Hey, Elf, can you go to the basement where the ATS archive is and find a paper written in 2007 that predicted the financial near-meltdown of 2008? If you find it, then that person who made the prediction is really good, because you don't find anything like that elsewhere. (Dated magazine articles or newspapers.)

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
let us not forget the next major shoe to drop in the credit crisis may likely be Credit Card Crack being withheld from consumers as lenders cut back on access as defaults and late payments are soaring.

The credit card debt has also been packaged and sold to institutions and these institutions will see potentially damaging writedowns and consumer credit card assess is with held and defaults rise on credit cards.

Analyst Meridith Whitney supposes 45% contraction in the avialable credit card debt. About half of the 900 billion dollar credit card market has been packed and sold to institutions so this could be a big story in 09.

I remain hopeful that Obama will however realize that a solution to help homeowners remain in there home is at the heart of the falling asset values and provide incentives for those in trouble as well as those who aren't to continue to pay on time....the delay and reluctance to stop thinking of wall street first is one of the strongest arguments that points out the incompetence and selfish nature of the morons heading the fix, this should have been implemented over a year ago, and now this will be all the more difficult to achieve as the momentum has built further and w/ credit card' restrictions being baked into the cake. MASSIVE fiscal stimulus aimed at mainstreet is likely coming.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by cpdaman]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Oh Right Stander

No I did of course know the ceremony and the Medal, Nobel etc, just Sorry a tad, tired when posted that and wrongly assumed that you were saying the Nobel's were right and all us wrong.

That you were upholding the ridiculous nature of some of the recipients of the awards, an real example for me is Kissenger getting the Peace prize lol, though also the Dalai Lama, dichotomy If I ever saw one!

Well my humour, sarcasm and satire abilities at the time of my post were FAR from genius, dumb actually lol.

Bows to the emotional genius of the Pink Panther!

Elf.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Great thread here. I was actually a cautious long term investor till around june of '07. I turned to the dark side in August of '07. The thing is, even after I started doing my research and listening to people like Meredith Whitney, Karl Denninger, Noriel Roubini, Mish Shedlock, and others, it's already worse than I thought it would get in Dec 07. The carnage amongst stocks, corporate paper, commodities, home values,etc.. is historic,and it seems like every oportunity to address the financial crisis has been the exactly wrong thing to do.

I'm fortunate enough to be working again and don't spend any time trading anymore, so I'm not as current on events as I was in March and April. I would like to share this real life experience I had at work a few days ago. I work in a retail store for a wireless carrier. We are thankfully quite busy and often have lines that last a few minutes. I hear lots of customers talking about the economy. Just the other day I heard a guy saying that the bankers that got the bailout and the politicians that authorized it should be shot in the street. People know they are being screwed and are talking about it.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Aah, don't worry about it, Elf. You surely displayed an uncommon valor by flying into this Cumulus Cloud of Self-Aggrandizement.

So the nostradamuses gave themselves medals for failing to predict the deepest bank trouble since the Great Depression . . .

Hey, Elf, did you come up empty-handed or did you receive some writ of recognition? Did they give you any award, just for good measure?

They did!? Can I see it?

i2.photobucket.com...

That's nice. Well, congrats.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Quote me on this later:

US Government will be in default by the end of the 2Q 2009 due to a credit rating drop once the credit card tsunami hits.

It has already started. There are too many hands open for the handouts, and they will not end.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.cbpp.org...

We will start seeing the true effects of Economic Depression in '09, then it's ugliness from there.

I'll bet my net worth on it....Won't do me much good when money becomes worthless anyway.

I just want to leave this here and say I WAS RIGHT.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join