It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Here is one thing that I found going on with Arkansas I think it is something we need to keep a check on.

current.com...

Well from the stories I've read studying the 1811-1812 New Madrid quakes, prior to the quakes occurring (they also happened around the winter months) there were strange events in the weather/atmosphere and with animals in the regions where the 4 quakes were centered. These accounts come from the centers of the New Madrid - Missouri, Tennessee, Arkansas

The accounts describe bizarre flashes of lightning, plasma balls, red lights, purple streaks, white flashes, lightning storms and plasma bursts high in the sky, ball lightning, etc.

They also describe weird behavior of animals. Birds leaving in masses in times that do not match migration patterns, live stock and farm animals acting erratically, big game fleeing the forests, etc.

These are actually well documented phenomenon that took place even in the preceding 2-3 years before the quakes happened. Now what is interesting is that where I live in the Arkansas side of the zone, I have witnessed all of the strange things in the sky and weather. There has been endless bizarre phenomenon occurring in this region with lightning, plasma, streaks in the sky, lights appearing, etc. It's been going on for about the last 3 years now.

In addition to this is the strange behavior of snakes and spiders in the region. For some reason unknown to scientists (and it has been looked into quite extensively) snakes and spiders in this region have been leaving in mass exodus. About the same time the bizarre things started to happen in the atmosphere is when the snakes and spiders started to leave the region.

The thing is that both snakes and spiders have a special sensor capability that detects the most minute fluctuations in the shifting patterns of the ground. It has been postulated by some scientists that both can actually predict large earthquakes before they occur.

I have also noticed that my home and also the homes of several other people I know in the region, have at periodical times for some strange reason, shook or vibrated. If you contact local officials about mining, road construction, blasting, anything of the sort in the region happening you will be told that nothing is going on at these times. You wonder are they lying and the government is doing something in underground base building. Because every once in awhile (I would estimate maybe once or twice a month) there would come these events where your house would shake or vibrate for no apparent reason. And the thing is that some of the accounts from the New Madrid quakes of 1811-1812 describe similar things as buildings shaking or vibrating in the 2-3 years before the quakes happened.

I really have no idea if the New Madrid is getting ready for another colossal quake or even another super quake, but I do know that the signs are there. And of course, it is a well known fact that much like Northern California, Southern California, New York, and the Pacific Northwest, that the New Madrid is long overdue for another magnitude 7 quake. Even the last time a 7 type quake hit in the New Madrid it caused magnitude 5 waves as far away as Oklahoma - and that was just about a 7 quake. If something like the December 1811 quake hit again I can't even imagine what would happen to cities like Memphis and Saint Louis.

[edit on 2-12-2008 by Red Cloak]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

There's actually a much bigger issue with a moderate earthquake in central US. It's the one story you aren't hearing about because the economy and oil have been trumping it.

It's the disruption of grain shipments which could lead to worldwide famine in First World countries. Food insecurity could prompt foreign countries to "globalize" our crop production, by force. Even if we were growing enough, if we were unable to get those to market, I believe there would be tremendous pressure worldwide to "do something" -- and probably at the end of a gun.

Sadly, I don't think the world cares when a child starves in Ethopia or even Bangladesh, because they have no means to take it by force. But what happens when China doesn't have food for say half a billion people? The rice shortage of 2008 is still causing problems.

The planet is already carrying way more people that it can feed (US is at 1/3 more than it can carry, the world at 2/3), and the US is diverting up to 40% of its grain toward biofuels. The food situation is already precarious, and food riots were not uncommon this past year.

We just don't know about it in the US because food has never really been our problem.

Any interruption to our exports would have a drastic negative impact on Japan, Europe and perhaps South America. Even if our exports could be replaced with other food crops (remember, there's not enough rice right now), people on the lower end of the food chain would likely starve to death. How many people have to be dying in your country before you start taking food by force?

This would be a significant motivator to invade the US, particularly in the wake of a massive natural disaster.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
There's a really good thread on ATS that has been running for quite some time. They discuss earthquakes and the last page, of the thread, and they're discussing recent increased activity.

Here's the thread

The Time Monks may be right, they may be wrong, but it isn't just them that are reporting that a big quake might be happening very soon.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Time to check for book shelves over the bed, dressers that will tip, Fish tanks with a wide base-; find the gas main shut off....

The last first great earthquake we had was a 6.8 (2/2001) Pacific Northwest Seismic Network.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
well i read this thread yesterday and today i read about a quake hitting California today. It was small but i wonder if its a precursor to something. It hit a hundred eighty miles north east of Los Angles and close to death valley.
it was a 3. 8 magnitude.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It might just be talking about that new movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still" starring keanu reeves coming out december 12

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

This is a very interesting article: www.fascinatingearth.com...

Watch animals days and weeks before an earthquake - see if they are fleeing the area and acting weird.

Someone has posted, that in West Tennessee - on Thanksgiving they saw Buzzards and black birds leaving the area in flocks. Which is very unusual needless to say.

People in areas that are earthquake prone, please provide strange animal behaviors happening right now.

Also look and see if water tables (well, ponds etc) are rising right now and if there is any bubbling of water.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I have a question for anybody that has been keeping track of earthquake activity: Does Puerto Rico always get a ton of earthquakes?

I'll admit, I have never checked the USGS site as earthquakes have never been a terribly large concern of mine... but in light of the recent chatter, I have been checking USGS and notice a TON of little quakes around PR every day. Is that normal?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think it's open to interpretation:

vomiting loses = US total financial collapse (ETA any day now, I estimate 2-3 months max)

thundering shock/crack heard around the world = yes, if the US collapses this WILL be heard around the world and it WILL be a thundering and shocking global event

bowel release = the US government collapses
bladder release = the US people descend into anarchy

isolation (world has to come to aid) = US becomes 3rd world, death, destruction, starvation the UN tries to help but really it's every man for himself in America and the UN can't muster the resources. China does some food drops but this fades quickly.

bigger than anything ever before = aka the great depression

loud noise cascading around the world = yes the US collapse will have a global effect

desperate hands = more fallout from the collapse and things continue to deteriorate. desperate hands could be in reference to the expats trying to get their family out of the US

restriction of movements = people want to flee the US, expats want to get family out but can't

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
well its like 8 days now so the clock goes tick tock and everyday we come a little colser to...nothing.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Several of you have mentioned the Full Moon on December 12.

This particular Full Moon is forming an astrological pattern called a "Grand Cross". This means that it is at right angles to the Saturn/Uranus opposition. As an amateur astrologer, I had noticed this and wondered what the possible manifestations might be. The webbot info now has me seriously spooked!

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan

Originally posted by ArMaP
The fact that there are many small earthquakes does not mean that a big earthquake is coming, if it means anything it means that the energy that was liberated on those small earthquakes will not be released in a big earthquake, so if a big one is coming, having smaller ones before is a good thing.

Sorry, this is incorrect. You see, us humans keep falling into the simple problem of thinking linearly. Magnitude of an earthquake is measured in logarithmic units so a 6 is ten times the strength of a 5 and so on. So it would take 1,000 magnitude 3 earthquakes to equal a mag 6. This web bot seems to be indicating greater than 7 so we are talking the equivalent of over 10,000 magnitude 3 quakes to absorb the force.
OK, what is the connection between what I wrote and the fact that the magnitude of earthquakes is measured with logarithmic scale?

I did not said that it took two small earthquakes to dissipate the energy accumulated, I just said that the small earthquakes help release the energy and so the more small earthquakes the less the probability of a large earthquake.

Like an old clock, if it has the spring completely wind up, if it breaks it will release a lot of energy, but if the clock keeps on ticking, releasing a small amount of energy each time, there is a less smaller probability of the spring breaking, and if it breaks it releases less energy.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

www.wisegeek.com...

Although many people believe that smaller earthquakes serve to delay larger earthquakes by working to relieve pressure on fault lines, this assumption is thought to be incorrect. It’s true that small earthquakes do relieve pressure on fault lines, but it would take many tiny earthquakes to release the amount of energy that would be equivalent to one very large earthquake. In fact, every time an earthquake increases one point on the magnitude scale, it releases 40 times more energy. Therefore, a small earthquake at a magnitude of 2 would need to occur 163,840,000,000 times to relieve the same amount of pressure as one major earthquake with a magnitude of 9. Since having approximately one million earthquakes every day for almost 500 years is highly unlikely, it becomes clear that the purpose of small earthquakes is not to relieve pressure on fault lines in order to delay larger earthquakes.

Even though small earthquakes don’t prevent large earthquakes by helping to relieve pressure on fault lines, they are useful in that seismologists have often found they precede major earthquakes. By monitoring the level of earthquake activity in one particular area, seismologists can make an educated guess as to when the next major earthquake may arrive. Since large earthquakes can cause fire and severe structural damage as well as death and serious personal injury, any information that helps protect people who live in seismically active zones can only be considered a positive force.

I think thats what he was trying to tell you

[edit on 2-12-2008 by whoshotJR]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me but you probably shouldn't have said "10 days left..." in your original post since time actually changes and now there's less than 10 days left. Just a thought.

Not that it matters because nothing is going to happen...

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I have begun a thread, just for odd and strange behavior that might be happening right now in different earthquake prone areas.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please see thread, but I did this, after some very interesting post here on this thread, mentioning very odd animal behavior right now.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

"vomiting loses"

That could actually be reffering to severe radiation sickness.

People throw up when they are hit with too much radiation, and inevitably die. So "vomiting loses" sounds about right for a nuclear strike.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
Maybe it's just me but you probably shouldn't have said "10 days left..." in your original post since time actually changes and now there's less than 10 days left. Just a thought.

Not that it matters because nothing is going to happen...

I did that, so people would take notice, but I also made sure to say:
Today being the 1st of Dec. - so that way people knew it was from that day.

If I had just said Dec 10th - 15 th earthquakes predicted, not as many people would have taken notice - a 10 day timeline - gets attention, since it is not far off.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by VelmaLu

If families were self sustaining there would be plenty of food for everyone.

Figuring that if you plant something you get seeds, you plant those seeds and you get more...

It is our reliablity on sources other than our own families that screws everything up.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

There are a few nuclear power plants in Arkansas and Tennessee that could be damaged and emit radiation.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Or it could be a chemical leak or attack. Sickness, bowels, bladder...god we are such a cheery bunch...yea ?

respects

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join