It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Under Terror Attack! At least ten people killed in Mumbai shootings: TV (now 125 +)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
In addition to the so far 80 casualties, sky news website reports 40 hostages held in 2 locations.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Well, as I said, I was purely speculating. But yeah, the idea is to destablize the regions between those main countries in question. Making any future troop movements near impossible without enciting even more violence. You thereby isolate those countries and are also free to move against them with your own forces if need be.

It is the general idea of divide and conquer.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CallSign

All Westerners according to British media.

CNN have got the award for the most stupidest question of all time:

"How do you feel about being in Mumbai on a night like this?"

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CallSign
In addition to the so far 80 casualties, sky news website reports 40 hostages held in 2 locations.

That's strange, no news of that on the Sky News channel.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I seriously think CNN is getting all their info from ATS, you guys are doing great. Good job.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

"Deputy Inspector General was killed in a shootout.. and now the Chief of the Anti Terrorist Squad has been shot

That is enough right there to stage a terrorist attack. If either of those two were on to something or getting close to making an arrest. Changing of the guard. The organization loses the valuable humnit in the heads of the officers lost. Whatever they were onto gets lost, gets put back, or is not considered (or known about) with the new official.

I have no explaination to give for thinking in these terms.
It's possible.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Holy cow are you guys seeing the pictures of the street near the hotel? Gas station was grenaded?

link   
Reported on Yahoo, 80+ dead, 200 injured.

link   
Deccan Mujahadeen is claiming responsibility via email.

Sounds familiar...

link   
www.voanews.com...

Police say gunmen with automatic weapons and grenades have attacked at least nine different places in this highly coordinated series of terror attacks. The sites include two train stations and two luxury hotels - "The Taj Colaba" and the "Oberoi" - as well as hospitals and a dockyard.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Sky News UK latest advert is about India, it ends with a serpent - Snakes head in shot. I wonder if they will advertise that advert again so soon, I doubt it. I mean India has been exploding all the time right now with terrorists and the Hindu Christian war in villages have been going on. Seems like all three religious groups can not get on. I know this will lead athiests saying its religions fault but if you have a country divided with communists, facists and democrats you will find they too will wage war agaist each other without a belief of a God in mind.

Anyway the total so far is 80dead and 250 injured with possible hostage situation, I think they need about 5 Bruce Willis' to sort this out.

Latest News...

40 Hostages
2 terrorist dead
7 arrested

[edit on 26-11-2008 by The time lord]

link   
The statement from the British government is interesting (not just because the significant numbers of Indians in the United Kingdom);

"These outrageous attacks in Mumbai will be met with a vigorous response. I have sent a message to Prime Minister (Manmohan) Singh that the UK stands solidly with his government as they respond, and to offer all necessary help. Urgent action is under way to offer every possible protection to British citizens in the region."

What does Gordon mean?

[edit on 26-11-2008 by infinite]

link   
BREAKING NEWS: 80 people dead so far and they said there are around 17 groups of gunmen in different locations.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is why American and European travelers should stay at smaller hotels frequented by locals, not the flashiest most high profile hotels in large cities when visiting questionable countries.

Though sadly in the case of India, where sanitation is questionable, I can see why many would want to stay in the 5 star hotels.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Chamberlain said the gunman spoke in Hindi or Urdu.

Source

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceMonkeys
BREAKING NEWS: 80 people dead so far and they said there are around 17 groups of gunmen in different locations.

So it's far from over yet...

I feel sick.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dewm0nster
reply to post by Zepherian

I'd rather have a more sane solution.

Then you might have to move to a more sane planet, sorry...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Terrible and frightening situation unfolding in India. I'm more than a bit concerned that this happened shortly after it was revealed that the US Security community is very concerned about attacks on NYC trains.

My son is going to be driving back to NYC to work at a Manhattan store tomorrow afternoon...and he is planning on taking subway from his college dorm to the store...

Any suggestion at all that the NYC reports and the India attacks might be related????

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I don't think anything would be forced on the Indians, but as a Commonwealth country help, diplomatic and military would be offered at the very least.

And particularly in the case of British hostages being taken, I would imagine that the sssh! don't say anything would be available.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by CallSign]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
This is why American and European travelers should stay at smaller hotels frequented by locals, not the flashiest most high profile hotels in large cities when visiting questionable countries.

Though sadly in the case of India, where sanitation is questionable, I can see why many would want to stay in the 5 star hotels.

Unfortunately, it often comes down to special rates offered by preferred hotels through corporate travel providers. I always get to stay at the swish hotels in Mumbai and Pune when I visit and often don't have a choice in the matter. Same issue with which airlines I can fly with (although the buggers won't let me fly business class on all my long haul flights... that's for Senior Directors and above...grrrr).

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join