It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashback music...what's yours?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Flipping through the tv channels today I came across VH1's classic videos and "Nights in White Satin" was playing by the Moody Blues. I was immediately trasported back about 100 years (exageration of course) to high school. These types of songs always flash me back in time.

So what is/are your flashback songs.

Nights in White Satin-Moody Blues

www.youtube.com...

(haven't figured out how to embed)

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I won't post the vids... but here's a list...

Hysteria - Def Leppard

Purple Rain - Prince

In Your Room - Bangles

Running With The Devil - Van Halen

Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
In my young days it was Rush " Tom Sawyer " " 1981 "
I turned sweet 16 in 1982 and this song takes me back to those good ole days of sex, boose and Rock N Roll. It's like watching a video of my life because a can picture it that clearly back then. Me and my girl going to the lake with friends and having the greatest time. I really miss those days of young.

A few others were

Prince " When The Doves Cry "

Queen " Bohemian Rhapsody "

AC/DC " For Those About To Rock "

[edit on 11/25/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It is interesting to be able to post videos of these flashbacks since there werent videos when I was a kid.

A few more for me would be any Elton John song pre 1977 and Pink Floyd and most Led Zepplin.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

Sorry about that.

MTV came in 1981 too! The Rolling Stones began touring in America, Eddie Van Halen married the hottest girl on tv " Valerie Betinelli " and on and on.

Anyways, Rush was it for me back then and to see them live was awesome!!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Many of the ones already listed do it for me too.
This one gets me every time too..

The STROKE (Gotta crank this one to 11)

Gotta have some Crue too:

And some KISS

I still listen to this..when I'm drinkin', and dancin.

I could put dozens of songs here, mostly 80's. I LIVED for MUCHMUSIC and heavy metal music, and yeah, I dressed like it to. LOL
Just one more...
Quiet Riot:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Nice to see your Rush post get so many stars.

For me, the resident "Rush lover", it would without a doubt be the 2112 tour.

Rush

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hsur2112

I know. Thanks for all the stars everyone. I'm married with kids now and alot of responsibility but every now & then I stick Moving Pictures in the CD player, crank it up and sit back with a budlight and go back to those days. Gave ya a star for being a Rush fan. 2112 album rocks too.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I guess I'll have to check out Rush....I think my flashbacks go farther than most here. *blush*

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blogstalker

No, I'm sorry. The Moody Blues were great. I remember ' Wildest Dreams & Nights In White Satin. I remember songs like " Can't You See", " Horse With No Name ", " Ziggy Stardust " " Seasons In The Sun " etc... It's just that " Tom Sawyer " takes me back to the time I heard the song with my girl and all summer long we sang it.

Which reminds me of this song that also takes me there. It's new by Kid Rock.

[edit on 11/25/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Seasons in the Sun, havent heard that in forever..... another is Band of Gold and Brandy (you're a fine girl)

My tastes have improved with age.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I would have to say every band mentioned already and a many more. Sex Pistols, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Bauhaus and Love and Rockets,Ozzy Osbourne, The Stones, Black Flag, Siouxsie and The Banshees, The Beatles, Van Morrisson and the Seeds, Black Sabbath, The Birthday Party, Tangerine Dream, Jean-Michelle Jarre, Billy Idol and GenX, Metallica(pre-black album), 45 grave and oh so many more...

Yes, I had/have a very wide range of taste when it comes to music.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
"Dust in the Wind"--(artist?) It's the first foriegn song I enjoyed before becoming a resident of this country. It takes me back to the living room of our moscow flat, being drilled in vocals via pages of russian grammar. Mom would make me sing my lessons. This song played on what was an occassional programming via Britian. It's one of the few American (is it american?) songs that played. I don't remember the others. Some country-I think. Kenny Rogers or something.

ANYTHING 86/87--My great escape year, residing as boarder with a paradise california police dispatcher-after the bombings of 2 jet liners took out many of the people I had knew from churches all over america and canada over the previous years, (filled with friends), and then the murder of a local aquiantance the very next year. Grade 6. All my peeps and potential peeps dead. It SUCKED. They never caught the men.

Anything Zepplin--The best of my great escape year. This is where music really showed me what great expanses it could reach, on a personal level. The instrumentals and wailing, aligned my chakras or something-I dunno! The first time I heard them, I thought that they had such an awful sound--I told the track owner this, and they said, "no uh uh, listen closer". Zepplin in 87 created for me an alternative bubble of mental fantasy wherin I could rest and wail. Yeah, well, It was good stuff.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by HugmyRek]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HugmyRek
"Dust in the Wind"--(artist?)

artist is kansas

a flashback of mine to,
a friend of mine introduced it to me

another one:

tainted love by soft cell

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Lombozo's gonna get me for posting this..
Can't help it babe, I guess I've always had a thing for Jersey boys...

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Well, I guess this dates me as a certified geezer!
And I was in San Francisco for the Summer of Love. Legendary times and more....

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 30-11-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to whaaa

Great choices, and the first youtube link not only was good song choice but the intro by the Smothers Brothers.....now that tv show is a flashback in its self. Loved that show. Guess I am showing my age as well.

[edit on 11/30/2008 by Blogstalker]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the thought of Smothers brothers and laugh-in. Now howabout some H.R. Puffinstuff? Or Firesign Theater.

I was just a kid then. But put on some later stuff.

Zepplin. Black Sabbath. AC/DC.

Dood.

Put this casette in, and make a u-turn and lets drag main one more time before we head off to the dance.

Want some a this?

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
"Semi-charmed life" - Third Eye Blind
This was my favorite song on the radio when I was 12 (?) maybe? I don't know, I just know tha tmy Grandpa gave me this old style radio, and I always had it on. This song reminds me of laying in bed, listening to the radio.

"I would do anything for Love" - Meatloaf

When I was around 8 or 9, my dad had this concert of Meatloaf that I used to watch over and over and over again. This was my favorite song they performed at the concert. (Aside from Paradise By the Dashboard Light).

"Eighteen Wheels & a Dozen Roses" - Linda Ronstaad(sp?)
This is the first song I learned how to sing as a child, and was the first song I ever sang in front of an audience, and I chose to because it stirred my interest in music at a young age.

My Auntie Rita used to sing in the Bars with her band in town, and they used to let me watch her sing (because she worked there as well). I used to sit with the manager in the front and listen to her belt it out. She used to sing this song to me all the time, it was my favorite then, and is still one of my favorites.

"Stand By Me" - Ben E. King
Again, I owe my Auntie for this one. As far back as I can remember, we've always had Family Jam Sessions. This is one of the songs we used to sing around the campfire. Completely out of tune, but full of soul.

"Lay some Happiness on me" - Dean Martin
My Mom used to sing this song to me whenever I was sad, or scared, or hurt, or couldn't sleep. Her words were slightly different, but her version always calmed me down. She sang it to me when i broke up with my Fiancee 3 years ago and really just needed my mom...my mother, is awesome.

"Lion in the Winter" - Hoyt Axton & Linda Ronstaad(again sp?)
One of the first Cassets that my dad ever gave me, was Hoyt Axton. I listened to that tape a million times, and made him listen to it on road trips too. I still have the tape, and this will always be one of my favorite songs.

- Carrot

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
OK..No making fun of me but these songs represent something profound that happened in my life and these songs always bring me back to that one moment in time..Enjoy them!!!!

[yvid]Sxf6Xd75yUo[/yvid

[edit on 1-12-2008 by cmd18B]

new topics

top topics

join