It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Skips Church for Gym

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by iesus_freak
If there is a G-d (which i think there is) he will punish obama if he cares(which i think He does)

What for? He's busy punishing America.

two lines.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Here we go again...now on every occasion that Obama farts, it seems, our local Sour Grapes Consortium here at ATS will readily provide such provocative breaking wind news !

But out of all seriousness, Just maybe O is mixing up his routine a bit as a result of all of the Sour Grapes Consortium death threats he's most certainly still receiving now that everyone is well stocked up on their AR-15s and ammo.

I know if I were him, I wouldn't lead a predictable schedule for Anything !
History shows how helpful the Secret Service was when it came to preventing the shootings of both Kennedys and Reagan.

And MLK, someone knew he was staying at the Lorraine Motel...and the rest is as we say ...History.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
I believe the point is that Obama really pulled out the "Look everyone, I am a Christian" card this election in order to identify with the evangelical and black vote.

The truth is, he didn't start going to church until one of his political advisers told him he needed to several years ago, and now will not do so again until 2 years from now when the election cycle is gearing up again.

Frankly, I don't care what religion any President is. But if you are going to claim to be a Christian in order to get their votes, you need to be one. Don't fake it for political gain.

Thank you for relizeing why i posted this, it is important, because, the american people where led to believe that this man was christian, and his faith was important to him... But now where is his faith??

I guess he needs to work on some upper body strength, so he can carry the country like he plans

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Doesn't bother me one bit...if he wants to be more productive and improve his health, then by all means he has every right to do that. If he's a closet atheist, I'd feel a lot more comfortable to be honest. Perhaps he will not have to deal with voices in his head telling him to start a holy war...etc...

If he's an atheist, (or muslim:lol
then he needs to grow a pair and anounce it... instead of pretending that he is religouse,

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Good for him! More Christians, and more Americans in general, should start taking care of their bodies!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

Does Phobia against Christians count in ATS too?

Anyway. Going to church does not make you a Christian anymore than having a swim makes you a fish. Going to church is more a religious exercize for 95% of people. They give 2 hours to God and keep the other 166 to themselves - thats not Christian (Christian is not even a biblical term).
Obama is a churchgoer but that does not make make him what the BIble describes as a 'child of God'. He's certainly not Kingdom minded but he is a good man and I wish him well, if he can survive till January!!

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Skipping church for Gym wouldn't be so bad if his campaign didn't make him out to be a Devout Christan who attends church Every Sunday - I guess that is the point the OP is making.

However that is not nearly as bad as attending bohemian Grovethis year with McCain - The place where powerful men gather around the Burning Effigy of a Child being Sarcrificed by fire to a thirty -foot tall Pagan God named Molec...

*I guess this makes his skipping church because of his vanity seem not-so-bad in comparison to mock Sacrificing effigies of children at a notoriously hedonistic Elite Retreat which nixon descrbed as "The fagiest goddamn place " - or something to that effect.

Update: here is what Nixon said about the club Obama Attends:

NIXON: But it's not just the ratty part of town. The upper class in San Francisco is that way. The Bohemian Grove, which I attend from time to time--it is the most faggy goddamned thing you could ever imagine, with that San Francisco crowd. I can't shake hands with anybody from San Francisco.

*Nixon sure was a wonderful president - too bad the Illuminati Destroyed him.

[edit on 26-11-2008 by Canadianduder]

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gunsron

Obama Skips Church for Gym

news.aol.com

Nov. 23) - Since the election, future President Barack Obama has traded Sunday morning pews for some quality time at the gym. .....

Churches, especially African-American houses of prayer, played an important role in Obama's candidacy, notes the Associated Press and Politico. Obama made campaign stops in churches. Congregations prayed for him on Election Day, and celebrated his victory, the Associated Press reported.
(visit the link for the full news article)

The gym or God. Good for Barack at least the gym will benefit his health.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

Of course. Just because I think many Christians are overweight does not mean I despise or fear them. I just think it's silly that, were Obama to come out and tell you he's not a Christian, nobody would have voted for him. Excuse me for not understanding why other religions can't get their fair share in the White House.

Just because I understand and care for other religions, does not mean I am Christian phobic.

I don't know what my comment even has to do with being scared of Christians- I just want them to lose some damn weight.

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
He's moving.

He said he wouldn't be going to church again until after January.

Around that time he'll pick a church - if he wants to.

His religion is pander - so it'll be interesting to see what he picks (if any).

It'll be something that will be helpful for his re-election bid.

(being a poltiician I'm sure he's already running ... )

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
The same people criticising Obama for not going to church would be disgusted with him if he stopped exercising and got fat.

I'm looking forward to seeing a basketball court built at the White House so future Presidents can have some fun and entertain us during their time off.

Are you saying Blacks are only good when it comes to entertainment?
When did the White House become a source of entertainment?

The same people that are looking forward to seeing him slam dunk it on the court are the same people that griped whenever Bush did any farmwork.

The same question will be asked about the Prez:
How can he work/play at a time like this?

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Wow. You'll say just about anything, huh?

Show me where he said blacks are only good at entertainment? I don't even understand how you inferred that. It's unbelievable. Also, he didn't say the White House would be a "source of entertainment", only that it would be entertaining to see. What is wrong with that?

As you pointed out, Bush spent more time at the farm than he did in the White House, yet you are going to critique Obama before he has taken office? How can he play at a time like this?

I don't believe he is "playing".

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Are you saying Blacks are only good when it comes to entertainment?
When did the White House become a source of entertainment?

How can he work/play at a time like this?

I love how people manage to pull the race card out of nothing, he's black, so what? Quit pulling the race card, its just fueling the fires of the racist a**holes

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ign0rant

Thank you for your post.
We don't need a Jezus freek either, like Palin, in the White House.
Religion have proved over and over to be deadly.
Look what is going on in India to-day.
Not lpng and that kind of mess is coming our way to.
You can pray to God all you want too, it is not going too stop.
Religous hatred a BIG EVIL.
That happened a long time ago in Europe, people wised up and it became quiet and now due to Islam, Immigration from those nations and all hellis breaking alose again.
If there is a God, how come he can't stop this kind of mess.
Because it is a Person of your Imagination.
Nicely used by Religous groups to control you.
Religous groups don't want to get unemployed.
The Vaticaan a mighty Political and financial power.
They will not be hungry or suffer, will they feed you?
Wake up and smell the roses.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Jesus never attended church because he was a radical Jew.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
As you pointed out, Bush spent more time at the farm than he did in the White House, yet you are going to critique Obama before he has taken office? How can he play at a time like this?

I don't believe he is "playing".

Well we don't how he plans on spending his free time, time will tell but how can you not call the game of basketball, playing? It's called the game of basketball for a reason.
It's a freakin' game, and like all other sports, it's nothing but another form of entertainment.
It definitely, most certainly cannot be considered work, as in farmwork.

Originally posted by Gunsron
I love how people manage to pull the race card out of nothing.. Quit pulling the race card, its just fueling the fires of the racist a**holes

If any race card was ever pulled it was only being thrown back to where it came from. You need to be able to read between the lines of what is being posted to understand the subtleties and recognize the patterns of how a race card can be thrown, though it may not had been as blatant as in another one of his posts...

It is time for whiteys to sit down the back!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join