It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Skips Church for Gym

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gunsron

And this is news worthy how? I'm no way an Obama supporter i can't even stand the guy. But who cares if he goes to church or not? And did you even read the article?

"They do not want to draw unwelcome or inappropriate attention to a church not used to the attention their attendance would draw," said the aide, according to Politico.

you do realize that even though he is only the president elect that he still travels with all his advisors and secret service. not to mention the large group of press that follow him around. THey say the are being repectful to the churches because most them couldn't handle the sudden influx of new people and the major distraction someone as high profile as the president elect would bring.

He says his family will decide on a church after Jan. so why don't you wait until Feb to make your claims if he don't choose a church by then.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

why don't you guys continue the conversation in a u2u? cuz u 2 bickering is filling up the thread, bumping it and possibly filling the spot of a more important thread on the active topics list.

[edit on 24-11-2008 by baseball101]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Don't care.

In fact, as long as he keeps God out of any decision he makes, I'm fine.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Doesn't bother me one bit...if he wants to be more productive and improve his health, then by all means he has every right to do that. If he's a closet atheist, I'd feel a lot more comfortable to be honest. Perhaps he will not have to deal with voices in his head telling him to start a holy war...etc...

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I wonder how he will stay in shape?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101
reply to post by Gunsron

sorry, but....

who cares?

my sentiments exactly. FREEDOM OF RELIGION. JESUS CHRIST if the president of our country cant practice religion his own way (or not practice) then something is obviously wrong. it seems the ultra religious believe in freedom of religion as long as people do it their way.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gunsron
i guess i would be safe bringing up his past Muslim links... Maybe he only went to church because he didnt want his Muslim past, and ties, to affect any political ambitions... I dont know but this is kinda fishy to me

What utter crap! No wonder you GOP types keep losing elections.

Can ATS please allow me to insult the intelligence of this hick, please? pretty please?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by KMFNWO
Giving a speech in Berlin at a monument that Hitler felt so strongly about that he had it moved from the Reichstag - that doesn't look good.

that's just stupid. Shouldn't it have been Germany's problem as to why they still allow that to exist? That's like saying no one should ever visit London for all of the atrocities committed by the British against their colonies.

Perpetuating the idea of a Mandatroy civil Service while a growing portion of the population is comparing you to Hitler - that doesn't look good

That's just stupid. Growing? Last time I checked it's confined to America's hickland. No, thanks to that conservative congressman.

Sending your entire press party to chicago against their wishes so that you can have some private time outside of the purvue of the media while Bilderberg is in town - that doesn't look good.

Considering most people don't or refuse to believe Bilderberg, that's a non-issue.

Failing to provide your "Birth Certificate" when your constituency is questioning as to wether you are qualified to hold the office of the Presidency - that doesn't look good

Yeah, it didn't look good. No wonder people voted for him.

Favoring the gym above church when a growing part of the populace is comparing you to the coming anti-Christ - that doesnt look good.

That's just stupid. Growing in your dreams again? Many people compare him to the Messiah. You're probably not aware of that because you keep watching F--cks News.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Only in America (or maybe a third World Catholic or Muslim country) could thins be news.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I cannot express how happy i am that Obama appears to have only attended church to get the christian vote. It's a sad thing that in the USA you have to be religious to get elected. Hopefully he will stop the fundamentalist christians in their tracks and stop them ruining science and education.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Good for him. The gym is much healthier than church. Is this the best you can do in trying to slam him? I don't think anyone cares.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
A President is expected to be fit and healthy.

How tacky would it look if he let his duties overwhelm him and turned into a wheezing lump of blubber?
The same people criticising Obama for not going to church would be disgusted with him if he stopped exercising and got fat.

I'm looking forward to seeing a basketball court built at the White House so future Presidents can have some fun and entertain us during their time off.

Whether or not he goes to church is irrelevant. Since when did church attendance have any correlation with intelligence, morality, courage or leadership abilities?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gunsron

Obama quit church because politically it was a threat to him. But why do you care about his religious life. If there is a G-d (which i think there is) he will punish obama if he cares(which i think He does)

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

He didnt attend church often befor the election, just enough to prove he was Christian. Now after he's elected he quits altogether, seems kinda fishy to me....

Have other presidents taken this same route befor?
Anybody have some explenation for this?

since this is in the Alternative news area, i guess i would be safe bringing up his past Muslim links... Maybe he only went to church because he didnt want his Muslim past, and ties, to affect any political ambitions... I dont know but this is kinda fishy to me

news.aol.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Going to church hardly makes one a Christian. Look at Dennis Rader, he was a Deacon of the Lutheran church. Search for BTK if you don't know who he is. You carry your faith in your heart. Not on your lapel or sleeve or the place you choose to spend your sundays.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Warpig

Who cares?

Not me. Well, I hope he's not a Scientologist or Mormon. Both of those show a major lack in cognitive reasoning.

Other than that, I don't really care what religion or lack there of he abides to.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'd rather have a strong president than one that believes in invisible sky wizards.

Why does someone going to church add any importance to their being?

[edit on 25-11-2008 by TXRabbit]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

He didnt attend church often befor the election, just enough to prove he was Christian. Now after he's elected he quits altogether, seems kinda fishy to me....

Have other presidents taken this same route befor?
Anybody have some explenation for this?

Yes...every single one of em. As to an explanation, that is easy.

They tell you what you want to hear while up on that podium smiling and waving, gaining your confidence that they are something above human nature and so close to God-like that you are immediately hypnotized into actually believeing the line of BS.

How does it feel to be controlled in such a way as you dont even have a clue, or anyone else, knows your being manipulated?!!!

Aint politics grand!

Now see the guy for what he really is and remove the imaginary halo and wings.

He is just another human being who happens to have the ability to control masses of sheeple with words and a twinkling eye with a smile. Like leading the herd to the slaughter house, everone sings "O-bahh-ma, O-bahh-ma, save our bahh-sses, O-bahh-ma, O-bahh-ma"

Well thats what happens with "I see.. said the blind, deaf mute"

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 25-11-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason
he didn't start going to church until one of his political advisers told him he needed to several years ago, and now will not do so again until 2 years from now when the election cycle is gearing up again.

Frankly, I don't care what religion any President is. But if you are going to claim to be a Christian in order to get their votes, you need to be one. Don't fake it for political gain.

And, so, you know for a fact that he will not go to church again for the next 2 years how?

Where did you get that information, since you seem so sure of it?

Perhaps he is like me, in that he believes that God cannot be contained within the 4 walls of a building.

The point is, you and the OP are doing nothing but speculating, and the OP reads kind of like an article on page 40 of the Star.

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Media Matters

In a Politico article headlined "Obama skips church, heads to gym," Jonathan Martin and Carol E. Lee wrote, "On the three Sundays since his election, Obama has instead used his free time to get in workouts at a Chicago gym," and also asserted, "Both President-elect George W. Bush and President-elect Bill Clinton managed to attend church in the weeks after they were elected."
However, in focusing on church attendance "in the weeks after they were elected," Martin and Lee ignored numerous reports of Bush's infrequent church attendance over the past eight years, as well as his reported lack of membership in a Washington congregation. Politico's report was echoed by other media, including Fox News and the syndicated radio show The War Room with Quinn & Rose.
By contrast, in articles about where the Obamas might decide to go to church, other media outlets have reported that Bush has attended church infrequently...

Follow the link to find out how many times bush skipped church to do what ever it is a good christian does instead of go to church.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join