It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama planning WW-III and draft?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Paranoid, paranoid, paranoid ... How do you guys come up with World War III by reading these headlines?

Biden was probably alluding to the fact that they're finally going to end the War on Drugs and stop imprisoning more people than any other country in the world. Our nation is in serious need of criminal justice reform. That's where much of the money will come from to pay for the initiatives that will be needed to bring the United States in line with the other Western democracies.

There is not going to be a draft. There is not going to be a world war.

Jeez ... people ... get a grip.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Haha....yep.. CHANGE WE NEED.... Boy, only if they knew what change is coming.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MASH_DADDY

Maybe you could just tell us?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by geemony

i wont fight for a system that relies on apathy and greed. i dont want specific freedoms and rights of an American. i want the freedom that is Humanity. freedom to live. don't try and make me feel bad for not wanting to risk my own life so i can seek to kill others. you are a very twisted person.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I believe that Henry the Eighth, was the last English King to lead an army into battle in France, how times change.

Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by geemony
Would it hurt to serve the very organization(s) that have allowed you to live in a country where you have the rights you do have. Christ, I have never heard so many cry babies in all of my life. You want all the freedoms and rights but, you dont want for one second to have to fight for them or contribute your time to something that's not self-serving.

That's what is sad!!!

What is sad, buddy, is the people who will risk their lives AND throw away their morals to fight for something they don't even believe in. I assure you, if the freedoms and rights were under actual threat, you wouldn't need a draft. There would be more than enough volunteers.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I agree that a Conscript force like what is being described is not the best idea. yes its idealistic to think of how wonderful it might be to have every American serve there country once in a while but in the end the actually warfighters may not appreciate these conscripts in the foxholes next to them. I know that when I'm over there and the SHTF, I want some one next to me who I can trust not to turn tail and run for cover. If I'm in a fire fight I want a man at my back who wants to be there.... but this is just one Joes oppinion

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
What is sad, buddy, is the people who will risk their lives AND throw away their morals to fight for something they don't even believe in. I assure you, if the freedoms and rights were under actual threat, you wouldn't need a draft. There would be more than enough volunteers.

That's what I'm talking about... And you don't even live in the US...
I couldn't have worded a response any better than that.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
Nice Post~

Im just gonna love telling people I told them so. They said he was gonna bring CHANGE and boy are they right. They though change for the better, I alway figured it will be for the worst. Draft me ha not till OBama is on the front line doing it too or his wife. Take the people that voted for him.

People said President Bush was bad, ahahaha you wait!

And why are these sources reliable?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benarius
Jesus christ...DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT !!! This collection of headlines didn't actually scare me as I always felt this is gonna happen.

S&F

have any of you guys been around for the last 8 years and bush still has 2 months as president!! and you think obama is going to be bad for this country ?...are you kidding me? you mean worst then what's going on now? this is like when the titanic hit the iceberg and then they said "obama, your now the captain, bush and his buddies are off to the lifeboats"

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by newspig

Paranoid, paranoid, paranoid ... How do you guys come up with World War III by reading these headlines?

Biden was probably alluding to the fact that they're finally going to end the War on Drugs and stop imprisoning more people than any other country in the world. Our nation is in serious need of criminal justice reform. That's where much of the money will come from to pay for the initiatives that will be needed to bring the United States in line with the other Western democracies.

There is not going to be a draft. There is not going to be a world war.

Jeez ... people ... get a grip.

I'm glad Biden is serious about reframing criminal justice in this country. A lot of it is about revenge and punishment. Sometimes of course it's necessary (like murders, rapists etc) but sometimes with drug addicts they need help and not to be locked in a prison where they can still get drugs. And yes I say too there isn't going to be a draft. People don't want it as well.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Or maybe, just maybe Obama, meant that we would all have to be involved and do a little more that "go shopping" like we were told by Bush right after 911.

Remember WW2 when every man, woman and child put in their fair share? Was that a bad thing?

I love how people keep saying, "Boy, oh boy, there will be change alright, but it won't be the change his "holiness" talked about".

Give the guy a damned break already. Obama is about to take on a job that could quite arguably the toughest task any American has ever had to face - an economy in ruins, troops engaged in 2 ground wars as the military is spread too thin, a foreign policy nightmare that has been left to him after 8 years of Bush telling the rest of the world to go &%^* themselves, a medicare/social security problem that we have to face, millions of American jobs on the line and foreign groups who would like to see us dead.

I am all about holding Obama accountable for the decisions he makes, but to write him off now based on some out of context quote is dangerous. It is dangerous because it puts you in a situation where NO MATTER WHAT he does, you will hate it and fight it. Now is not the time for this petty partisan crap.

We have to work together here. If we don't, America is doomed to fail.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
What is sad, buddy, is the people who will risk their lives AND throw away their morals to fight for something they don't even believe in.

Something they don't believe in? what might that be? Then why did they volunteer to serve in the military? You see a countries military goes where they are told to go for whatever the reason good or bad. Sorry but that is a fact whether we like it or not or whether we agree with it or not. If one is not prepared to fight when told to fight then stay home don't volunteer.

I assure you, if the freedoms and rights were under actual threat, you wouldn't need a draft. There would be more than enough volunteers.

You think? Awake a sleeping giant reference here? Might just see that in your life time. America has been there and did that deal. So would it not be better to have a countries citizens prepared, then to sit back and wait for it to hit again? Maybe, hit your life or your families life. What a reactionary crock of wombat crap!!! Believe me when I say that if there is a WW3 and if there is a heaven please forbid it.... the AU wont be spared either BUDDY.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

You hit it right on the head my friend, well spoken. I could not have worded a post any better!!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
impressive post. leads one to think that obama is now just a puppet, and all he promised was just means to get in office... but hey t heres tons of threads out there about that already.

whats funny is, obama won practically because he set himself so different than bush, and made mccain look like minibush

who's the mini bush now? ahahaha

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Obama had the opportunity to serve in the military and he chose not to. Now he says everyone is obligated? P*ss on him.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyred
Obama had the opportunity to serve in the military and he chose not to. Now he says everyone is obligated? P*ss on him.

And this would be 1 of many reasons I don't like him. However, a mandatory 2 year military or civilian service should have been set up a long time ago in America. Like Truth said in his earlier post, If we don't work together at some point we wont survive much longer at any rate.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Henry Vth....at Agincourt...."we few, we happy few, we band of brothers, for he who sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother......" W.S.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
you noble savages that believe that you are fighting for noble causes are nothing but pre-sheared sheep..they dont even have to work for you...

..you are willing to throw yourselves in front of the cannon for the sake of these noble ideals.....that somehow, suspiciously, you dont see them sacrificing their own selves or children for....get a grip, noble American Soldigers.....fight for your waning economy, your disintegrating freedoms,..but please spare me the rhetoic that makes you noble for falling victim to the machinations of a war machine that seeks to grind and use you for so much cannon fodder......take a trip around the conspiracy sites for some truth and stop being brainwashed automatons.......

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by newspig

It makes sense, If they would legalize Pot they could pay off the debt in prob 5 years maybe sooner. Christ, people can get boozed up and loose their minds with addiction to alcohol but cant light a lefty. Never could figure that one out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join