It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Gnosticism try and Usurp Christianity or is it the Real Message of Christ.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

badmedia:

I am not sure what your meaning was to your post. Are you saying that my faith is not valid? You have had a very interesting life and I am happy that there was spiritual guidance in your life to bring you where you are today.

Now, as I have said before, I have had moments in my alone time with The Father where he reached down and lifted me up into heaven itself. Thee wants us to come to his with a humbled heart, humbled spirit, humbled mind, and humbled body. I have been where mysteries are taught and secrets told. I always find it so amazing that he would be mindful of me to give me such love, mercy, forgiveness, and a song in my heart that only the angels know. I have been behind the veil and it is the most beautiful journey. A never ending story but one that needs to be told and we humble ourselves to where his light will shine through our eyes for the world to see the love that he has to them. Jesus (God) came to show us the light in this dark world. To show us the way home.

Peace to you in Christ's Holy name,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
badmedia:

I am not sure what your meaning was to your post. Are you saying that my faith is not valid? You have had a very interesting life and I am happy that there was spiritual guidance in your life to bring you where you are today.

Not at all. I think there are multiple ways to express the truth. You seem to have good understanding. I don't see hate coming out of you constantly, or telling people their understandings aren't real and they are going to hell etc. You are not judging people and so on. Those are the important things IMO. It matters not to me how much you adore or talk about Jesus, the only thing that bothers me, and what I disagree with is when people only worship Jesus, but do not follow what he says.

You are a fresh breathe of air in comparison to another thread I was having with another christian who thinks I'm Satan or something. You appear to walk the path, which is the important thing IMO. Jesus said that those who truly believe will walk the path, and follow the commandments.

It is somewhat difficult to talk about these things. What I worry about is dealing with the anti-christ. Who will try to claim and become Jesus/God. The only way that will deceive people, is if those people do not understand Jesus, and thus do not understand how to look at the fruits, and instead turn to image and authority.

It bothers me when people take authority as truth, rather than truth as authority. I do not believe Jesus is the truth because he is authority, but rather Jesus is the authority because he is truth.

I could quite literally talk for days about these things.

Now, as I have said before, I have had moments in my alone time with The Father where he reached down and lifted me up into heaven itself. Thee wants us to come to his with a humbled heart, humbled spirit, humbled mind, and humbled body. I have been where mysteries are taught and secrets told. I always find it so amazing that he would be mindful of me to give me such love, mercy, forgiveness, and a song in my heart that only the angels know. I have been behind the veil and it is the most beautiful journey. A never ending story but one that needs to be told and we humble ourselves to where his light will shine through our eyes for the world to see the love that he has to them. Jesus (God) came to show us the light in this dark world. To show us the way home.

Yes, and being humbled in heart, spirit, mind and body means being able to take an honest look at yourself, even when things are not exactly flattering. That is the only way you can fix any faults, and we all have them. Not the easiest of things to do either. This isn't directed towards you personally, but rather just how I understand what you are saying and what that means.

Also, as you have had experience, you are not just quoting the authority of the bible as truth(the it's true because the bible say so mentality, with no understanding of why), but rather expressing the truth you've learned.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I dont think anyone meant for you to feel that they thought your post were invalid at all, we all have valid thoughts and its hard to bring in opinions to this topic without explaining why you think this way or that because here with dwelling in any sort of one on one relations to us and thee spirtualities (how is that ).

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Yes, I was just trying to explain why I thought Jesus had to do what he did, and how I understand it.

If faced with the option of death, or killing someone - I will choose death. I would rather die knowing I did what was right, than live knowing I had done wrong.

I believe you do not rid the world of evil by using evil and fighting back. You will merely replace the evil with your own greater evil. You fight evil by resisting the temptation of doing the evil to save your own material and being the good/truth.

That is what I believe Jesus expressed in his choice of death.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
We must explain ourselves even if it goes a little or somewhat against what another is feeling with their path of their souls growth. I myself tend to try to not focus on the 'Jesus' but as much as knowing I am a part of Thee, the ONE, the I AM of all. I am not comfortable with showing a worship sense to Jesus per say. Even if Jesus was the only son of God, which made him in a since, God, but still not the whole of what God was. I dont know...I should probally stop babbling, its a touchy subject.

LV

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Jesus is in fact only one of thousands of "creator sons" but those sons are localized. Therefore the man that would be known as 'Jesus' is in fact the localized creator son of this universe. There are too creator sons that belong to no particular universe as of yet.

Yes instead of babbling you should be doing something better with your time like flipping through the urantia papers.

www.urantia.org...

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

badmedia:

Please I beg forgiveness. I am so sorry I didn't get your point. Yes, it is true we will be known by our fruits of the vine. My daughter loves the vineyard and the winepress.

I too worry about the coming of the end of times and the anti-christ. I fear he is among us now. And I weep for those who still do not see with spiritual eyes and knowledge. We must be very careful to hark the words of Christ and know his spirit with our spirit and trust his word.

I know how one can get carried away with zeal for the Lord. I too get that way. Amos3:8 But I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name,,,,,,,,,his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in." I can really relate to that!!!!

I thank you for sharing your path with us. It really means a lot to open up to others you do not know but know we are one in the spirit with you.

Peace tp you my friend,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

We must explain ourselves even if it goes a little or somewhat against what another is feeling with their path of their souls growth. I myself tend to try to not focus on the 'Jesus' but as much as knowing I am a part of Thee, the ONE, the I AM of all. I am not comfortable with showing a worship sense to Jesus per say. Even if Jesus was the only son of God, which made him in a since, God, but still not the whole of what God was. I dont know...I should probally stop babbling, its a touchy subject.

Touchy or not I'd like to present a theory and get feedback on it. Particularly as it applies to God's ONLY son.

To understand this theory the idea of Christ must first be separated from Jesus for a second or so.

A few here have been speaking about us being One, about the divine spark within, etc.

While I know what the strict definition of Christ is, I get the sense that all of us by virtue of being one and connected make up the ONLY son of God that is called Christ and that is why Christ is the ONLY son of God, whom is all of us.

Well, that's the first time I have ever tried to express that. Hope it made sense to someone.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Incarnated:

I have just briefly looked over your web site that you posted and I find it much to consider. I look forward to a lot of reading. I am never too old to find truth from someone else's walk.

Thank you for posting it. I also want to say I have enjoyed reading your posts on ATS.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

Libby,

Makes perfect sense to me! Good post!

In Christ's name,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

This is one writing I have not yet studied, I find it no coincidence that you share it with me. I have a feeling I will find a lot that makes sense with these readings. Thanks for you link.

Peace,
LV

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

I hope you truly enjoy it, and find much truth written there in. I find it very funny that such an object, as this book, can be there like a wonderous diamond glittering in the bright sunlight and so many people don't even stop to look thinking it's a bit of old glass.

Personally I've found through close examination of the lost scrolls that were still hidden at the time of the writing of this book, this book is exactly what it says it is.

However its best if you let the spark of truth within yourself guide you though understandings such as that. Becareful that book is hot hot hot!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Wow!

Really?

Almost thought that might be too far out there!

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

This is one writing I have not yet studied, I find it no coincidence that you share it with me. I have a feeling I will find a lot that makes sense with these readings. Thanks for you link.

Peace,
LV

I hope you find the beauty and truth contained within its pages. If you like that link, you might want this link.

urantiabook.org...

That's a copy of the urantia book in MP3 audio files.

Happy Truth Hunting!

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Incarnated:

Yeah, I got the feeling by looking it over it was maybe going to burn my hands a bit. Ha, Ha,. No, really I do really want to read it and weigh it with my spirit. I am really excited to dive into these readings.

Again, I thank you!

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
Personally I've found through close examination of the lost scrolls that were still hidden at the time of the writing of this book, this book is exactly what it says it is.

Would you mind going into what you mean by that? The crux of the Gnostic worldview was always that this world was a prison ruled by an elaborate hierarchy of malevolent rulers who stood between the soul and the transcendent deity. If the Urantia book does not mention any of that, a proper Gnostic would probably consider it nothing more than custodial propaganda.

For that matter, how many latter-day Gnostics think that way? I said that I didn't really consider myself a strict Gnostic, but I may be one of the few who does believe this world is more perdition than education.

[edit on 22-11-2008 by Eleleth]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eleleth
Would you mind going into what you mean by that? The crux of the Gnostic worldview was always that this world was a prison ruled by an elaborate hierarchy of malevolent rulers who stood between the soul and the transcendent deity. If the Urantia book does not mention any of that, a proper Gnostic would probably consider it nothing more than custodial propaganda.

For that matter, how many latter-day Gnostics think that way? I said that I didn't really consider myself a strict Gnostic, but I may be one of the few who does believe this world is more perdition than education.

First off, I don't agree with your assumption that "Gnostic worldview was... prison ruled by... malevolent rulers who stood between the soul and the transcenddent deity". Though I do understand that as a lesser perspective of Gnostic beliefs.
If that is your perspective then I'd see no reason for you not to accept the Urantia Papers as the Urantia Papers tell all about the "planetary prince" that joined the fallen, and it tells all about how the planetary prince became that force we all know and love as the devil. It tells all about how the devil and other spiritual forces tryed for thousands and thousands of years to control the minds and souls of mankind. It in fact goes into details of how the evil forces manipulated the minds of mankind all the way upto the victory of Jesus...

You seem to see Gnostics as a functional group or belief system and I don't see it that way at all. As for LDS, I don't know much about them but I'm not seeing the connection between LDS and Gnostics, nor should you see a connection between LDS and the Urantia Papers was none.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I meant "latter-day" as in "modern." Nothing to do with the Mormons. Anyone is free to label themselves as they like; I was simply curious as to how many held that belief.

IIRC, there are a few interesting points of similarity between certain LDS teachings and the Urantia book, with the idea of "creator sons" and many inhabited worlds and such.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Eleleth]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I am suggesting a great website for anyone who wants to read a little bit more on the subject, from my studies this website has very accurate and helpful information regarding gnosticism... awakening of the consciousness/self realization.

Introduction topics to gnosis

or

Gnosticteachings homepage

Quite interesting....

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Nizzmo]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Eleleth

Ah I see, and think that "Latter-Day" and LDS is some

At any rate and moreover, the Urantia book also tells of how this planet was disconnected from the rest of the universe and of how the "evil forces" did try in many ways to rule and keep rulership of this planet.

I really see the Urantia book being a top down revelation of the things discussed in planetary religions from the bottom up.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join