It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive object crashes over Edmonton, Canada

page: 44
<< 41  42  43   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GEORGETHEGREEK
don t you find the frozen ripples a bit odd?

Since no one has answered this yet...

The ripples in the ice are easily explained.

The meteorite, being quite dark, absorbed heat during the day from sunlight, heating the ice around it and melting it. Re-freezing over successive days and nights made the ripples.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Aliens in glass UFOs are throwing rocks to mark where supernova blast waves shall touch Earth. The entire galaxy is exploding.

I am the man of wisdom and the US government is holding off the supernova of our Sun under my direction. At a billion dollars a day or more the flip side of what I do is the world economic crash. The US government has been holding off the supernova of our Sun under my direction for 9 years. The hypernova have been coming in groups of several thousand in a few month time period. Up to hypernova group 9 a hypernova rated at 85 solar points was the biggest we got. On January 17, 2009 we get a 6800 point hypernova. My calculations indicate alpha Auriga double hypernova as the absolute maximum 28,000 points. There are limits to what is possible with physics. I am the physicist on the supernova project.

Supernova expend all their energy in 20 seconds while hypernova take 406 days to expend their energy. So smoking nuclear blast hole is expected for supernova above a particular magnitude. The 1908 Tunguska event was the only supernova blast wave in recorded history so I am defining that blast as 1.00 on my scale of supernova blast waves. Lake Checko was the smoking nuclear blast hole for the Tunguska event.

Aliens have thrown rocks at Peru, Africa, and Canada lately. The Lloydminster, Canada supernova blast wave shall be approximately 0.92 times Tunguska. Date and time unknown. Lake Checko was dug during the Tunguska event so expect a smoking nuclear blast crater in Canada. Supernova blast waves are 184 miles in diameter and they drag the nearest magnetic pole to ground zero. The magnetic pole returns to its previous spot until the supernova blast wave gets much bigger. After that the magnetic pole remains at ground zero and flipped. Those under passover from magnetic pole to ground zero shall experience blast furnace heat. Oxygen in the air actually fissions making beryllium-7 and neutrons! So count on many deaths, electromagnetic pulse, radioactive fallout, blast furnace heat, spontaneous combustion, spontanesous fission of nuclear materials, spontaneous fission of many so called stable elements, loss of the electrical grid, and a weather event that is crazy. The ground bounce is going to fry lots of equipment sending us back to the stone age. I am predicting the entire North American continent losses electricity for the Canadian event.

The Canadian event is caused by a type IV star in orbit around beta Casseopia. Beta Casseopia goes hypernova and about one day later the type IV star in orbit goes supernova. I count 9 similar type IV stars in orbit around potential hypernova within 100 light years. Many more farther out. So buckle your seat belts. If you thought 2008 was a bad year just wait for 2009 through 2012.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsiedelmann

It's interesting how you put words together that appear to mean something, but don't. I hope for your sake you are being flippant.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
I thought it would be appropriate to update this thread with the latest news about the meteorite, seeing as the subject was brought up over on the breaking news forum in this thread.

Thousands of space rocks to yield clues about asteroid from November 20 impact

Source: University Of Calgary

A University of Calgary-organized team recovered more than one hundred meteorites from the November 20 meteorite fall southwest of Lloydminster, Saskatchewan/Alberta, which is expected to set a new Canadian record for the largest recorded meteorite fall.

Using the abundance of meteorites on the pond where U of C grad student Ellen Milley found the first fragments on November 27, Hildebrand calculated that about 2,000 meteorites of more than 10 grams in size occur per square kilometer in the northern part of the strewn field, and probably more than 10,000 meteorites of this size are on the ground altogether. Many local residents and landowners also found meteorites, as well as persons from across the prairies and meteorite dealers who traveled to Saskatchewan to try their luck.

Typing of the meteorite has been completed with the collaboration of Dr. Alex Ruzicka and Dr. Melinda Hutson, a husband and wife team at the Cascadia Meteorite Laboratory at Portland State University, Portland, Oregon.

“The meteorite is at the low end of the H4 type and may be transitional with type 3. It will take some more work to sort out everything, but we have good prospects to learn a lot about the rock’s history,” Ruzicka said.
A lower number in the classification indicates that a meteorite experienced less heating on its parent asteroid, making it of more interest to researchers and potentially to collectors as well. Lower metamorphic grades are relatively unusual in meteorites of the H, or “high iron” type, such as the Buzzard Coulee rocks.

Click here for more photos from Bruce McCurdy's web page

Like the other 9 (IIRC) asteroids who's orbits have been determined, this one originates in the Asteroid Belt, although precisely where has yet to be determined.

A few example orbits of the ones we know so far:

Source: MIAC

Source: Bruce McCurdy

[edit on 23-12-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

personally, I think the picture of the small rock on the ice is a hoax, IMO. Why? To me, how is it logical if a rock even that size can be traveling at the speed of sound or faster, shoot even slower, can NOT make the ice crack and the rock shatter like glass...

The logic and the science don't make sense here..

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
heres another one in southern sweden, tonight.....

skanemedia.abcdn.net.../TA/Nyheter&playfile=ljussken_750k.flv

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

It makes pretty good sense actually...

The rock would only have been traveling at free fall velocity (something like 230 km/h if I recall- check back in this thread, it's there somewhere) when it hit. It probably did crack the ice when it hit, but thick ice can be hard to break, so it would likely have bounced, as did some similar sized meteorites that hit the ground... heck, it might even have bounced off the ground and onto the ice. Did you even consider that?!

Remember, there were probably hundreds of chunks of rock in this sort of size range raining down over a wide area... I'll bet if you looked, you'd probably find some meteorites lodged in trees or who knows what else! Might even be a moose with a sore head wondering around out there

Even if the ice wasn't so thick (perhaps the pond is very shallow), and frozen solid... ice does not just automatically shatter like glass. It depends on many factors, and you're clutching at straws if you think this is a hoax, especially on such a flimsy assumption as the above... thousands of people saw this, including at least a few ATS members. Where (or 'what' perhaps I should say) is your 'logic' in declaring this a hoax?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
heres another one in southern sweden, tonight.....

skanemedia.abcdn.net.../TA/Nyheter&playfile=ljussken_750k.flv

Here's a working link to the video. It looks as spectacular as the one in Canada. Wow!

Here's an article in swedish:
Spektakulärt fenomen lyste upp Sydsverige

...And a picture from the article:

Photo: Roger Svensson

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Nice meteor!

Keep up the good work guys - this thread demonstrates just how common these events are, which is something most people/the general public is not aware of.

Much of this activity would have gone unnoticed/unreported just a few years back, were it not for the massive increase in numbers of CCTV cameras. At least they're good for something besides spying on you!

[edit on 17-1-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
housemate of mine was driving to bc and saw this happen, im from edmonton, will be back with more to post, after i talk to her this afternoon

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well Clearly no one responded to this thread, so I guess I will enlighten you.

I was in Edmonton that evening, when a meteor went streaking across the sky.. looked like a lightening flash that didn't go out!!

I can conform that there was nothing out of the norm about this meteor, there was NO fragments, No police closing roads. and NO UFO's.. haha

I love it when a little story becomes big and out of proportion... kinda like the bible eh?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
yur all wrong, it wuz teh reptilianz

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by malignant_tumor

its a bit late for that.I have seen the most intense leonid shower through binos 100s some even splitting into 3.It was like something out of starwars but it sounds nothing like that.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I am from Edmonton Alberta and I was with a friend outside of a Wal-mart getting out of his car when a PILLAR of fire streaked down about 200 meters away.. behind some trees accross the railroad tracks.. the next day we went searching but nothing was found so we did witness a piece of the meteorite burning up.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Another Meteor This Morning

just thought i'd add it here,

strange all the signs from the sky lately,

kinda freaked out hoping that N K does mistake them for attacks

if they experience them to

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Is anyone on this thread actually from edmonton?If you are have you ever heard of any abductions in alberta?How about the edmonton area?How about cow mutilations ?

posted on Jan, 27 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
really cool!

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43   >>

join