It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive object crashes over Edmonton, Canada

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by plejaren-spirit

i dont mean to be ironic but in the right hand corner IS THAT A UFO?

Eh, lol: i think it's some light post in the ground

Edit: huh, maybe not

[edit on 21/11/2008 by internos]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
Videos available so far:

• CTV Calgary: Camilla Di Giuseppe with details 1:52
  • CTV Edmonton Extended: A security camera at the station catches the meteor approaching 0:11
  • CTV Edmonton: Amateur astronomer captures a flash in the sky using a special camera 0:41

[edit on 20/11/2008 by internos]

• Thanks but after watching these vid - I think Im going to be buying a new laptop with one of those new tiny batteries...

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:47 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Skyfloating

Roads are blocked west of edmonton

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:09 AM
    link   

Originally posted by internos
    Whatever it was, it looks to be in two parts: you can outline two different streaks.

hope this isnt counting as a double post but WHAT IS THAT ON THE RIGHT HAND CORNER!!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:15 AM
    link   

Originally posted by plejaren-spirit
    hope this isnt counting as a double post but WHAT IS THAT ON THE RIGHT HAND CORNER!!

I thought it was some lamp post because in this video the light is indeed a lamp post:

then i realized that it wasn't the same thing. The video is too short, but it looks to be static at first glance.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:27 AM
    link   
    that is AMAZING footage from the police car

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:34 AM
    link   
    sorry - has this been linked...

uk.youtube.com...

[edit on 21/11/2008 by booda]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:42 AM
    link   
    These are the videos we've found so far:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:45 AM
    link   
    ATTN EDMONTON READERS (and nearby areas)

Could we get s bit of help?

Today, through the day and coming weeks, could you guys keep an extra eye out and fill us on on:

A: Any odd military or civilian disguised Traffic you might see coming or going

B: Any odd life forms... i.e. Molds, bacterias, fungi anything you might see... In line with panspermia broadcasts

Might be very subtle so I mention this to KEEP AN OPEN EYE

Mildew on car or in home uncommon to the eye, suv's tinted windows in multiples driving around... that sort of thing

sort of stuff that might roll by you or just be ignored

anything out of the ordinary

Curious on Panspermia broadcasts and if Govt attn is brought in here

Thanks in advance for reporting back with anything out of the ordinary, fel free to u2u if you catch anything of interest.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:49 AM
    link   

Originally posted by MoonMine

Originally posted by Skyfloating
    Blossom´s space ship is not only late, but crashes in Canada due to a defective flight stabilizer...
    [edit on 20-11-2008 by MoonMine]

Please, dont mention Blossom again, becouse i just want to forget her. She has some mental problems, she need therapy.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:50 AM
    link   
    I am in just south of Stockholm, Sweden...

2 nights ago about 3AM (i was having a cigarette outside), I saw a "shooting star" right before my eyes (SWW). But what was strange is that it was unusually close to the ground, but it did disappear before hitting the ground. (it's so cold, that I highly doubt anyone else witnessed this)

Now this isn't something REALLY strange... but what WAS odd,

is that earlier that night, i saw one of those jet cloud-looking things (sorry, i dont know what theyre called). it was really thick, and it was fairly strange, as ive never seen one at night. it was also really really close to the ground (but in the opposite direction as the "shooting star"). but the weirdest part was that it was at about a 45 degree angle going downwards, and then at the very bottom, it all of a sudden bent downwards at about a 70 degree angle. It looked as if it something was flying downwards, and then all of a sudden ran out of gas and just fell...

I dont know, im originally from california, i see those jet clouds often, but ive never seen one this low to the ground, or at night, and never with these dimensions.

Anyone here of any plane crashing or near stockholm in the last few days?

And also, this might be completely irrelevant, but for the last week ive been hearing fireworks at night...late at night. it could just be kids, but theyre loud and theres many of them (like a crackling sound)

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:57 AM
    link   
    This is the most recent article i've found:
    Great ball of fire sighted
    UPDATED: 2008-11-21 03:26:20 MST
    By RENATO GANDIA

Prairie astronomers are investigating following last night's excitement about a ball of fire observed shooting from the northern sky.
    Alan Dyer, an astronomer with Calgary's Telus World of Science, said sky-watchers will gather all the photographs and videos taken from various observation points to study the mysterious celestial show last night.
    People who saw the huge flaming ball reported it possibly fell somewhere between Alberta and Saskatchewan.
    About 5:30 p.m., a huge flash of light briefly turned the dark sky into daylight.
    Meteorite investigators will focus in the area of Lloydminster and North Battleford, Sask., where reports of house-shaking came from, said Dyer.
    People got so excited that RCMP in Lloydminster, on the Alberta-Saskatchewan boundary, issued a news release asking people to stop calling them.
    Police did say that if anyone saw where the meteor struck, they should contact police.
    Marcel Gobeil was on his acreage west of Beaumont, waiting for his wife to come home at the time.

All of a sudden I saw this big flash coming down and I thought somebody was playing tricks on me, like fireworks behind the house or something.

It's important to recover pieces of meteorite because it helps in understanding the solar system, Dyer said.

calsun.canoe.ca...

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:04 AM
    link   
    I am in Saskatchewan and I will keep my ears and eyes open for any "weirdness"...although, remember, this place is full of Canadians!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:07 AM
    link   

Originally posted by MoonMine

Originally posted by warrenb
    did you see what i mean about the sky lighting up and going dark repeatedly, kind of weird

You know, that is EXTREMELY WEIRD.

I have seen meteorites (not in the same order of magnitude as this one) but imo it should not light up intermittently as it did.

That is very odd indeed.

Why would it do that?

MoonMine

No its not weird at all, this meteor was high in magnesium which burns in bursts of greenish fire. So its only magnesium bursts.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:07 AM
    link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
    my mate in the area says military has moved in and 5k radius is being evacuated. Also, the yanks are involved. wtf!

Are you joking or what? This is exactly the type of behavior we are watching out for. Please elaborate.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:09 AM
    link   
    reply to post by whiteraven

TY...

just a heads up to look for it because... it won't be Mothra or convoys of Military vehicles, it would be subtle stuff that would escape the untrained eye

Red Bacteria or algae on your window in the AM, unmarked trucks or ordinary looking vehicles with odd plates

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:28 AM
    link   
    looks to me like if it was a fallen angel

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:30 AM
    link   

Update

Mysterious fireball may never have touched down
    Updated Fri. Nov. 21 2008 8:11 AM ET
    CTV.ca News Staff

The fireball that blazed across the Prairie sky Thursday evening was likely a meteor travelling at an incredible velocity, according to one expert.
    Hundreds of residents of Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba reported seeing the bright light, which was also captured on security cameras.
    The stunning images show the sky light up as a bright point of light blazes into view, then disappears over the horizon.

There's a very good chance it was what we call a bull's eye, which is a meteorite crossing the sky at extremely quick velocity -- very, very fast -- and as it hits the atmosphere at about 400,000 feet, travelling at about 60 kilometres per second, this is the incredible light show that it creates,
    said space educator Randy Atwood.

A CTV map details the area of western Canada where the flash was reportedly visible.

CTV Edmonton security cameras caught the meteor approach and then create a massive flash in the skyline on Thursday evening, Nov. 20, 2008

Atwood told CTV's Canada AM the meteor was probably no bigger than a grapefruit, and may have broken into small pieces before hitting the ground, or it may have burned up entirely before touching down.
    "It was a beautiful show and some people might have thought it was just over the hill, and that it was the size of a house," he said.
    Astronomers and universities across Western Canada have cameras recording activity in the sky, Atwood said. If the meteor was captured by more than one of the cameras, it may be possible over the next couple of days to triangulate exactly where it touched down -- if it did.
    CTV's Mike Ciona, a Saskatoon reporter who saw the sky light up on his way home from work, said it appeared to be positioned to the west and north of the city.
    "It looked like a lighting bolt, the most intense lighting bolt you've ever seen, and maybe the size of three," Ciona told Canada AM.
    Phone lines at CTV began to light up just minutes after the event, with residents seeking more information on what happened.
    CTV Saskatoon fielded roughly 60 calls, Ciona said.

Source / full article: ctv.ca

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:38 AM
    link   
    re the "UFO" in the corner of one of the vids.....

isn't the area near an airport? Might simply be a plane landing/taking off?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:42 AM
    link   
    It's somewhat surpirising that there hasn't been anything on CNN about this. I thought it may have been that tank from the space station , but they always know when these are going down anyway. It would seem it already had on the 3rd. It could still something similar besides a meteor.

I'm not making any connection to falling UFOs, but who knows what they might do if they're deflecting these with their large ships that might be cloaked or even purposely.

www.latimes.com...

It was interesting timing that CNN did however mention UFOs this friday morning. I guess it's always a good diversion to other bad and scary news. If we keep having these and in greater numbers, it will be really hard to hide the reality of it. Nowhere to run and nowhere to hide?

[edit on 21-11-2008 by aleon1018]

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join