It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate Crimes Surge in U.S. after Obama Election: Experts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
All I see are people using the election as an excuse, an excuse to bring up a problem that IMO already existed long long before Obama was even considered for the Senate, never mind President.

We even have people from different religions using it to scream discrimination, mainly from what I see by a small minority of Christians.

This problem has always been there and not just in the USA, IMO this kind of BS does more harm to their faith than almost anything else, and it is becoming clear that one group is no better than any other, It reminds me of the BS comment I've heard so many times before IE I cant be a racist, because my brother, sister, father, knows a man who is black or white or whatever colour, and I talk to them just fine and they seem ok.

Usually as soon as i hear comments like that, a big huge sign appears on their heads with I don't really know anything about it, but I feel better trying to convince everyone, that what i feel inside cant really be discrimination.

Ever laughed at a racist joke? yes of course we have all of us in one way or another, do we laugh because we feel awkward? or because they are funny?

Problem is there is a massive line of people waiting to join this bandwagon, because they think its a way to be heard, stop using other peoples experiences as an excuse for your own insecurity, if you look deep into what is disturbing you, I think you would find your problem lies a lot closer to home than most of you are prepared to admit, and it is exactly that, your problem.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by unnamedninja

I don't think you'd think the same way you were called derogatory names, pushed against a wall, and then punched to the ground because of your beliefs.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This highlights the main problem here. We, as a country, as a poeple, as a genius, cannot stand together.

I concur that this is not BECAUSE of the election, it's just always been there and our infintile "Me" attitudes have and will continue to stop us to grow to our full potential.

Also, this explains why the government, the FED and all the other orginizations KNOW they can push around the American person. We cannot stand united long enough to make a differance. We let petty things get in our ways and greed or desire prevail over the truth and what needs to be done.

The spotlight is on the United States worldwide. All eyes are on us..............And we are acting like spoiled brats.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Dont believe it, but it wouldnt surprise me at all.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Iiiiiiiirony. What happened to all the threads where people predicted "Evil minorities will riot after Obama loss"
? It should be evident by now hate stems from EVERY social class and ethnic background.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by DavidU]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mullet35
This does not supprise me at all after all America is one of the most racist countries in the world and thats not about to change anytime soon.
One can only hope that that racism does not extend to the secret sevice and the CIA other wise his days on this planet are numbered

One of the Most Racist countries in the world? What are basing this on? Have you heard of South Africa? Have you heard of the MIDDLE EAST?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Don't tell me it's false. I was there and heard it with my own ears. It isn't false.I heard that screamed and worse.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
DAVIDU: This was a difficult election. It didn't matter who won... There was going to be problems and/or violence.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver
One of the Most Racist countries in the world? What are basing this on? Have you heard of South Africa? Have you heard of the MIDDLE EAST?

Well that doesn't count. They don't CARE if they are racist! In fact NO countries/cultures care if they are racist EXCEPT countries run by euro-caucasian people.

America catches more flack for it because we have a large part of our population that spends their time apologizing and groveling for forgiveness. By continually saying "we are so racist and we are so so very sorry" it ensures that America will ALWAYS be seen as the most racist country on earth.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
I myself think Obama is no different tham Mc Cain or Bush. He voted for the bailout, will not end the wars, will not get rid of the FED. You do not get to be president in USA without the approval of the real rulers. See Ron Paul.

Those white people that hate black people because Obama is black, or the black people thinking they have an ally or something, they are totally lost.

This was the original point I was trying to convey. Whether it's black on white, white on black, whatever-racism: This is misdirecting where our intentions and actions should be focusing---On a rigged and corrupted system that is ruining this country. Racism on ANY front is just another distraction and misdirection, just like the laughable "two-party" system (which is really one party) that keeps people arguing and divided over ILLUSIONARY "differences" between the two.

All of these distractions and their perpetuating divide and in-fighting keep the masses oblivious to the underlying shafting and control of their lives by these "rulers".

Sigh

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
As long as no panther confronts me then everything will be fine...And about Obama...after four years it will be over.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I'd agree

But the worst culprit in America is the prison system which... allows/forces aggressive Alpha Males of all races into Tribes based on race, which of course is either encouraged or done nothing about because a prison population united could simply... overrun the joint

so what you have is, the toughest characters in America, regularly indoctrinated into Aryan nation, Black Islam or Hispanic Gang Tribes

The released back into society worse than when they went in to lead the violent racist brigade and keep us divided

so nothing will change

Until we change the prison system

Because the minute these guys get out they organize other violent types around them...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by arcnaver

so your basically saying that if there racist so its ok for us to be racist to??

that's kinda ack bass words if you ask me

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
In prison, race can be used as a survival tool yes. But if you look at the Aryian Brotherhood (known actual members of 5) and such, this was going on before prision. Be it grass roots or believing what good ol grandpappy did... It doesn't make it right. There will always be extremsists. Forever! There's nothing we can do about that.

The sad thing that I'm seeign now is that race is becoming the issue. It used to be there, but subtle. Now, it's THE issue This precidential race made it that way. If it was a white guy and a Mexican, or a black guy and an Asian... It would have been the same. THAT'S what's sad about this.

And now that the winner is declared and the banners and balloons have been tossed out, America is showing it's true colors. We are not the tolerant country that we claim to be. Heck, we're not even close!

I hate to liken it to this cos I'll realisticly draw fire for it, but perhaps a few will know what I mean by comparing it to the First Crusade.

Back then you either followed the Pope and what the Vatican stated or you were the enemy. there was no exceptions, even other Catholics were killed. Now, it's the same thing. The people are fanatical. And that's not going to help us as a nation with the world looking at us with this monumentious election.

I feel truely ashamed to be here. It wold be much easier to be in another country watching it on television, but the easy way is not going to get anything done. We need to be toerant now more than ever. We are sitting on a powder keg of problems in racism and only cooler heads can prevail.

We already had one seperation of the Union because of this... Let's not repeat it!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

We catch more flack for it because we try to hold ourselves to a higher standard ethically and morally. It is as it should be. We should hold ourselves to a higher standard.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Here's all I have to say: the whole "issue" is fallacious...post hoc, ergo propter hoc?

[edit on 11/20/2008 by iceofspades]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Well I live in california, there seems to be a lot of racial tension here and this is one of the most liberal beautiful places in the states.
Im used to seeing racial ignorance online but it is at an all time high. people want to deny it thereby becoming part of the cycle. the scary part is that most people are not up front with it so you don't know who's who, but these people usually are cowards.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by magnetik
Well I live in california, there seems to be a lot of racial tension here and this is one of the most liberal beautiful places in the states.
Im used to seeing racial ignorance online but it is at an all time high. people want to deny it thereby becoming part of the cycle. the scary part is that most people are not up front with it so you don't know who's who, but these people usually are cowards.

People want to "fit in" and they are afraid of ugly confrontation. Sharing politically incorrect views will bring on LOTS of confrontation especially online.

You say they are "cowardly", well it does seem to be changing a bit huh? Seems like some are getting a bit more outspoken these days, perhaps they are feeling less pc and more outspoken, or maybe just more people are getting fed-up.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

It's always "gone on"

Just like there has always been Germs but your not going to get them unless your exposed

But it's not all that common for people Prior to getting in trouble to join up with these groups, i.e. most young Males aren't at 18 signing up for the Brotherhood, but go to Jail and you HAVE TO

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mullet35
This does not supprise me at all after all America is one of the most racist countries in the world and thats not about to change anytime soon.
One can only hope that that racism does not extend to the secret sevice and the CIA other wise his days on this planet are numbered

America still has remnants of racism, but one of the most racist in the world? Let's be realistic here.

Compared to Europe and South Africa, North America is racism-free. Germany produced a dictator that exterminated millions based on race.
Do a search on YouTube about racism in other parts of the world. I think you will be surprised as to what you find.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join