It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Troop Mobilization.....Holy Crap

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I have no military background so your knowledge trumps mine but if I was in charge I wouldn't recall seals first. I would go for the meat shields and lower ranked people. Why would you call in your elite to mobilize a mass force for something?

That to me is not what the seals are best used for.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
My dad is retired Army intelligence from the Vietnam era and he has not received a letter either. He has many contacts through A.F.I.O who have not received letters either.

www.afio.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

That link is in regards to October and earlier... I still did not see the letter posted earlier. The letter needs a date...... yet the supposed soldier had retired in 1986 and was being recalled now?

This thread regards letters sent out allegedly this past week.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Dude- The link you gave was to a topic with the last post being a month old.
There was however a link to one of those delightful Bush Executive Orders related to the topic of Recall:
whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/09/20010914-5.html

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Dang sorry I should have double checked the dates

Live and learn I guess.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I posted this a while back, but hadn't heard any responses to this question. I believe that this observation may well pertain to the topic at hand:

Shortly after Gulf War I, our local National Guard Armory has had their fleet in the yard painted Desert (tan) camouflage.

I just noticed a few weeks ago, all of the vehicles have been freshly repainted in Woodland (green) camouflage.

Aren't we still at war in 2 deserts? Maybe these vehicles are needed somewhere with more vegetation? Say, North Korea. . . or maybe the USA.
Has anyone else noticed this locally?

It would be interesting to hear your observations as well.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

That's interesting about the trucks being painted.
In 1989 I was working on a rocket launcher in Astoria Oregon with a bunch of guys who had just left the army.
They had been painting things desert camouflage up til then.
That would have been 3 years or so before desert storm.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Found this link that talks about the different colors and the amount of them = where they are planning on going.

www.olive-drab.com...

Although it looks like they changed the color schemes a little since then

It says to Google, TM 43-0139 Painting Instructions for Army to find the new standards but I haven't found a good web page yet.

Most of it im sure people could probably just guess but I learned a little.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by whoshotJR]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

Found this link that talks about the different colors and the amount of them = where they are planning on going.

Most of it im sure people could probably just guess but I learned a little.

Found what link? Please share.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici
reply to post by Ign0rant

It's late and I can't resist. You certainly live up to your member name.

Did you bother to read and digest the information in the OP?

The letters were only composed on Monday of this week and are BEING MAILED this week and next ( according to the anonymous source). I don't know how many people John Moore told other than the radio host, John Stadtmiller and listeners, but its less than 48 hours since the story broke.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by venividivici]

Yeah your right I do live up to my member name I was ignorant enough to post in this fear mongering thread. I have been waiting a week, are you going to cough up any evidence of these letters or are you going to keep calling people names?

Let me guess the mail WAS JUST sent out and will take another week?

Oh' Jeezz....

-Ign0RanT

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Ign0rant]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ign0rant

Originally posted by venividivici
reply to post by Ign0rant

It's late and I can't resist. You certainly live up to your member name.

Did you bother to read and digest the information in the OP?

The letters were only composed on Monday of this week and are BEING MAILED this week and next ( according to the anonymous source). I don't know how many people John Moore told other than the radio host, John Stadtmiller and listeners, but its less than 48 hours since the story broke.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by venividivici]

Yeah your right I do live up to my member name I was ignorant enough to post in this fear mongering thread. I have been waiting a week, are you going to cough up any evidence of these letters or are you going to keep calling people names?

Let me guess the mail WAS JUST sent out and will take another week?

Oh' Jeezz....

-Ign0RanT

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Ign0rant]

Have you ever heard of the phrase "close enough for the government?
In this particular case we are unfortunately at the mercy of the US Mail to be ON TIME or "close enough" and the US Government "miltary" to be efficient.
This thread will probably be in the archives before we can get the mailman or governement slugs to do their jobs

I'll give it another week

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

Of course was expecting that one. Well I will be waiting.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Yeah Me too, ill be waiting for the mail too....

I cant wait for another Paranoid thread to bite the dust.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Mail Call!!! Oops no mail today.

Perhaps someone forgot to feed the carrier pigeons.

I am ready to eat a heaping piece of crow. I just need a piece to eat.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Unless there is something more to prove this, I think it's just be a hoax.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

this is due to the troops to be set forth in afghanistan. the 20000 plus troops to be sent out. effective march 21st. obama said he would pull out the troops in iraq, yes, but he said nothing of afghanistan.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Just found the official active duty website. The Recall page is mysteriously missing.

But thanks to google and google cache we can still see it.

In the cached page it says last Update Sept 26 2008 (at bottom) and it says "FY 2009 Call / Recall to Active Duty Message will expire on 30 September 2009."

I wonder why it was pulled down??

[edit on 24-11-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I clicked through the non-cache link and got this:

Secure Connection Failed www.hrc.army.mil uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is not trusted. (Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer) * This could be a problem with the server's configuration, or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server. * If you have connected to this server successfully in the past, the error may be temporary, and you can try again later.

so I accepted the certificate and got the page with this (captains message):

www.hrc.army.mil...

I'm non military. That site is difficult to navigate . What dos it all mean?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

I just keep getting a page load error when I go to your link.

OMG I this wasn't here it would be a one line. Thanks 2nd line!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

This is one of the "messages" that can be found on the link in warrenb's post above. I can't make heads or tails of it. Go to www.hrc.army.mil...

I HAD TO ACCEPT A SITE CERTIFICATE POP UP before I could proceed to the site. THen click on any of the programs....
Lieutenant | Captain | Major | Lieutenant Colonel | Warrant Officer | Retired Aviator

UNCLASSIFIED

R 102129Z SEP 08

SUBJECT: ALARACT 218/2008 FY08 OFFICER/WARRANT OFFICER CALL TO ACTIVE DUTY (CAD)

A. AR 135-210 ORDER TO ACTIVE DUTY AS INDIVIDUALS FOR OTHER THAN A PRESIDENTIAL SELECTED RESERVE CALL-UP, PARTIAL OR FULL MOBILIZATION, 17 SEP 99

B. DA PAM 600-3 COMMISSIONED OFFICER DEVELOPMENT AND CAREER MANAGEMENT, 01 OCT 98

C. FY 2003 NATIONAL DEFENSE AUTHORIZATION ACT, SECTION 503

D. ALARACT 118/2007, SUBJECT: FY07 OFFICER/WARRANT OFFICER CALL TO ACTIVE DUTY, DATED 292004 MAY 07.

1. THE ARMY HAS AN OFFICER/WARRANT OFFICER CALL TO ACTIVE DUTY (CAD) PROGRAM ONGOING (REF D ABOVE). THIS PROGRAM IS USED TO FILL ACTIVE COMPONENT BRANCH/FUNCTIONAL AREA SHORTAGES (ARMY COMPETITIVE CATEGORY ONLY) AND IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR RESERVE COMPONENT (RC) OFFICERS AND WARRANT OFFICERS TO SERVE IN THE ACTIVE COMPONENT. THE CURRENT CAD PROGRAM INCLUDES RC LTS ASSIGNED TO THE INDIVIDUAL READY RESERVE. THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES COMPRISE THE CAD PROGRAM:

A. UNITED STATES ARMY RESERVE (USAR) AND ARMY NATIONAL GUARD OF THE UNITED STATES (ARNGUS) OFFICERS IN THE RANK OF CAPTAIN, MAJOR, AND LIEUTENANT COLONEL IN ALL FUNCTIONAL AREAS AND BRANCHES, AND ALL WARRANT OFFICERS IN ALL MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTIES (MOS), SUBJECT TO THE NEEDS OF THE ARMY.

B. OFFICERS IN THE RANK OF LIEUTENANT ASSIGNED TO THE INDIVIDUAL READY RESERVE IN ALL BRANCHES.

C. AMEDD OFFICERS, REGARDLESS OF RESERVE COMPONENT, SHOULD CALL HEALTH SERVICES DIRECTORATE, UNITED STATES ARMY RECRUITING COMMAND, TOLL FREE, 1-800-223-3735 EXT.60367, OR DSN 536-0367, FOR INFORMATION.

D. CHAPLAINS ACCESSIONING SELECTION PROCESS REMAINS UNCHANGED. CHAPLAINS INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THE ACTIVE COMPONENT SHOULD WRITE TO OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OF CHAPLAINS, 2511 JEFFERSON DAVIS HIGHWAY - ROOM 12500, ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA 22202-3907, OR CALL (703) 601-1128 OR DSN 329-1128.

E. RESERVE JUDGE ADVOCATES INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THE ACTIVE COMPONENT SHOULD WRITE TO THE JUDGE ADVOCATE RECRUITING OFFICE, 1777 NORTH KENT STREET, 5TH FLOOR, ROSSLYN, VIRGINIA 22209-2194 OR CALL DSN 426-2822, OR COMMERCIAL (703) 696-2822, OR TOLL FREE 1-866-ARMY JAG.

2. SPECIAL EMPHASIS THIS YEAR IS PLACED ON OFFICERS WITH EXPERIENCE IN CONTRACTING OR ACQUISITION PROCESSES. OFFICERS INTERESTED IN SERVING IN CONTRACTING SPECIALTY 51C SHOULD CONTACT THE ACQUISITION MANAGEMENT BRANCH AT THE ARMY HUMAN RESOURCES COMMAND DIRECTLY AT 703-325-3128 OR DSN 221-3128 TO DISCUSS ACQUISITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS AND ASSIGNMENT POSSIBILITIES IN THIS CRITICAL AREA.

3. AHRC, ALEXANDRIA, HAS EXPANDED ITS CAD HOME PAGE TO INCLUDE RC IRR LTS. SEE LINK AT WWW.HRC.ARMY.MIL...

4. ALL OFFICERS ARE ALSO ENCOURAGED TO SEEK OPPORTUNITIES FOR ACTIVE DUTY IN THE ACTIVE GUARD RESERVE (AGR) PROGRAM. INFORMATION ON AGR OPPORTUNITIES IN THE USAR CAN BE OBTAINED BY CALLING 1-800-325-4118, OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE WWW.HRC.ARMY.MIL...
AGR/AGRPROGRAM.HTM. INFORMATION ON ARMY NATIONAL GUARD AGR OPPORTUNITIES CAN BE OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WWW.ARNG.ARMY.MIL...

5. HRC-ALEXANDRIA CALL TO ACTIVE DUTY POINTS OF CONTACT ARE MS. MARSHALL, DSN 221-9970 OR (703) 325-9970 AND MR. CULLEN, DSN 221-3765 OR (703) 325-3765.

6. EXPIRATION DATE IS 30 SEPTEMBER 2009.

edit to add
I couldn't block quote the message.

[edit on 25-11-2008 by venividivici]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join