learn more

National Troop Mobilization.....Holy Crap

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

How would anyone receive a letter that is being sent out this week and wont reach anyone till sometime next week?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

I suggest you make at least very basic plans as well.

A plan to survive an all-out nuclear war . . . hmmm . . .

[scratches head . . . ponders for a moment . . . picks up pen and paper . . . ]

1. Drink heavily.
2. Mate often.
3. Eat tasty foods laden with trans fats
4. Run up every credit card attempting to get a date with Drew Barrymore
5. Edited for 'content'
6. When I see rocket trails . . . bend down as far as I can and bid my tushy adieu.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

It depends on where you live. This weak thread was started on Monday and if letters were sent out as early as Tues. , someone in close proximity to the origination site would have certainly received one by now. I can mail letters to a neighboring community or within my community and they will be received easily within 2 days.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Another load of crap from some far right wing radio.

God and I believed it, that is the thing that gets me. I need to take a holiday from ATS.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Ok, I'm officially confused

If someone isn't confused, they obviously don't follow the news.

There is a lot going on (and has gone on) that is not compatible with the Constitution, isn't there?

Absolutely. American presidents have played fast and loose with the constitution for a long time, but there has been a marked acceleration- arguably an exponential one- during the last 3 administrations. This has included the dramatically increased use of presidential signing statements as a defacto line item veto, (the line item veto was ruled unconstitutional in Clinton v City of New York). Of course what is going on at Guantanamo also comes to mind. The SCOTUS ruled in Hamdan v Rumsfeld that the Geneva convention does apply to those taken in the War on Terror, and it stands to reason that since treaties are entered into by supermajority that a law passable by simple majority, a signing statement, or any of the other tactics so far attempted to get around that are legally insufficient to override the requirements of the Geneva Convention. I could go on at great length but I won't, because there is a significant difference.

Most violations of the United States constitution are violations of Articles 1-4, 6 and Amendments 9 and 10. These are largely proceedural subversions of the democratic process- the government performing functions it was not meant to perform or doing them without sufficient consent of the governed.

What most people would consider to be their natural rights fall mainly under Amendments 1-8. Grave and widespread violation of these Amendments is fairly rare in the US. These rights are arguably infringed in many cases, but more severe the breech, the less likely it is to be widespread.
The most widespread violation is probably that of Amendment 4 (prohibiting unreasonable search and seizure and requiring warrants), however most of us either never experience it at all, suffer no damage as a result, or in the case of wire taps, simply never know that it happened at all.

I'm not defending those violations of our constitution or downplaying them. What I am pointing out is that the common violations are of a substantially different character from those involved in imposing martial law, so there is really no reason for the government to be given the impression that they could successfully impose martial law, despite their general success in violating our constitution.

The 100 mile Civil-Rights Free zone surely goes against the Constitution?

The ACLU has a tendency to ham it up in the press. If you get too close to the constitution with a lit cigarette, they scream fire. Good for them- I think it's in my best interest for the most part; I just don't take everything they say at face value.
The truth is that there is a 100 mile zone where the Border Patrol and Customs agents are held to a looser definition of "unreasonable" as pertains to the 4th Amendment (governing unreasonable search and siezure), and in practice this zone exists primarily along the Mexican border, and primarily with a range of more like 20 to 50 miles. I've lived in said zone my entire life and very rarely get to visit anywhere outside of it, and I'm fine.

Likewise there are mitigating circumstances in most of the other examples you mentioned which make those violations (I do not deny that they are violations) far less serious than what could be expected in the case of martial law.

Using martial law to enhance the President's ability to mobilize the US for war without congressional approval would be very unlikely to work because it is so far outside the character of our constitution as practiced (even though the constitution as practiced is substantially weaker than the constitution as written).

The only way I could see it working is if the vast majority of the American people were willing to take it sitting down- and if that were the case, why not just go ahead and get congressional approval?

The "it takes too long and we have a lame duck" argument doesn't work at this point because it takes the US 8 months to do a partial mobilization and deploy them overseas. No hope of success equals no motive.

So I just don't see any situation where the government would have both the means and the motive at the same time.

edit for typo

[edit on 20-11-2008 by The Vagabond]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Been in the Marine Corps for 14 years, and this is not happening. The only thing close to this is mobilization to Afghanistan, but that's public knowledge and for military members already enlisted.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
it was last week sometime..

and ive seen hundreds of trains going by military...

this is only train ive ever seen that was all medical...(the whole train) 40 minutes of cars going by ..all with red crosses with the white background.

THIS ISNT NORMAL... Ive seen the divisions medical . this was 50 times bigger.

as i said....hundreds and hundreds of medical vehicles.

I cant give specific date....but most likely monday of lastweek.

hundreds of train cars....all medical.... and going by quick!

This wasnt normal.....AS I SAID... whole train ..

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_MislTech

Originally posted by fromtheheart66
There will be a lot of people shooting theirselves in the foot..lol I wouldnt want to go back either.

I think 7 non simultaneous hits of '___' makes you legally insane
per the gov, might keep that in mind if you REALLY don't want to go.

Prolly a few other variations on that theme would garnish the same
results for most ppl.

This is very good to know. I've done enough '___' to be considered legally insane 10 times over. I would push this really hard if there was a draft, plus conscientious objection.

Okay this is a myth. Looked it up on Erowid

[edit on 20-11-2008 by unityemissions]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Just a friendly reminder guys, drug content is generally frowned upon by the management.
The best thing to do if you get called up is to watch a lot of cartoons. If your IQ is low enough they'll send you to OCS instead of Iraq.

(Oh, OCS stands for Officer Candidate School- it's where babies come from)

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by ConservativeJack

China would kick the US's ass back to the stone age. Their population is so huge they could take over easily.

Check this list of countries by army size
en.wikipedia.org...

China is #1 on the list.

Holy lack of common sense...

Because they have the largest military doesn't mean $hit in this day and age...

This isn't the WWI or WWII where lines of soldiers on both sides run at each other with bayonets fixed...

Technology is the ace in the hand and we have four of 'em guy...

And you don't think that if we find ourselves backed into a corner we won't pull out the BFG - you know, the one that utilizes technology we haven't had to put to the test yet..?

Weak comment...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'm just speculating, thinking out loud. Concerning the current economic crisis, we keep hearing that despite all of the money the gov. is pumping into the banks, etc. there is no "confidence" in the the economy.

However, I am referring to the lack of confidence the banks and big business have, not the lack of confidence we (the little people) have.

Maybe this lack of "confidence" is due to something else that is yet unknown to us little people, but is known by the people who run the banks and gov.

Another thing that worries me is the way Obama looked after he was "briefed" by the CIA. He looked like a completely different person, as if he had the wits scared out of him by something.

I keep thinking maybe there is another reason why the banks (despite being bailed out, etc.) don't want to make loans to us little people. And maybe there is another reason why the Dow has lost 50% of its value.

Sorry for not being more articulate, does it make any sense?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

I know what you mean. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I was thinking about the theory you just outlined and had an idea to track billionaire's activity. Are they investing, are they leaving the country, etc....then Buffet pumped 3 billion into GE and another 5 billion into Goldman

Would he make such huge investments if there was no future in America? He's gotta be considered an Insider. I haven't looked into George Soros yet.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

Have they been buying metals? Gold, etc.?

What about overseas? Has there been any huge gold buys within (or by) other countries?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

Yes i believe Iran, i'll see if i can find a link.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Heres a link

www.iht.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

So THAT'S why they kept after me to go to OCS!

Every month! Month after month!

That's the thing about being a retard. If you keep your mouth shut, you'll be the only one that knows.

I must have talked.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The worst words you ever want to hear:
"Cngratulations 2nd LT."

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
Heres a link

www.iht.com...

Thanks for the link. It could just be related to their oil revenue?

Guess we'll see.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This has nothing do do with war with China or Russia or even Iran.

There have been numerous UFO sightings around the world the last several weeks, my guess is that the Aliens are tried of waiting for Full Disclosure by the world governments, Sometime in the next month they will force the issue by appearing over major cities.

Dirk

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Nothing happened after the October "invasion" of the U.S. by U.S. troops.

This is going to end up the same, nothing will happen.

Maybe they're preparing for upcoming riots over the economy. Who knows? These guys are harder to decipher than the Enigma.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join