It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Troop Mobilization.....Holy Crap

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Letters going out this week calling up retired commissioned and non commissioned Officers, every single one.
Letters being prepared for ALL retired Warrant Officers and Seargents, called back to active duty to be mailed next week.
First General Mobilization since 1941.....

Please listen to the discussion and commentators show which aired Mon Nov 17, with guest John Moore, click on 2nd hour (MP3)

Link

Any military people here care to confirm this?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
uh, this better not be true. i'm too old and smart for this crap. i got out of the army over 10 years ago. i did 4 years, i know i didn't "retire". nothing in the mail yet. i'll keep an eye out.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I just did a couple of quick google searches

and couldn't find anything.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
My husband retired on 2001 as an E-7 SSG. I hope he is not called back. He has a decent job now and well, he does have a medical issue that might prevent him from going active duty, if this is true.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
This story has been on several different threads but no one has confirmed it. So far, it is only a rumor. We need confirmation if this is real and so far, nothing.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I searched a bit also and didn't find anything either. I think it needs to be collaborated.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I found this:

October 28 2008
Total Reserve/Guard Active: 120,065
Total Activated Members:
Army Natl. Guard & Reserve: 95,327
Navy Reserve:6,177
Air Natl. Guard & AF Reserve: 10,606
Marine Corps Reserve: 7,197
Coast Guard Reserve: 758
www.military.com...

and a news release from the national guard saying they got 112 reservists activated www.defenselink.mil...

November 05, 2008
The total number currently on active duty from the Army National Guard and Army Reserve is 95,832; Navy Reserve, 6,041; Air National Guard and Air Force Reserve, 10,563; Marine Corps Reserve, 7,116; and the Coast Guard Reserve, 758. This brings the total National Guard and Reserve personnel who have been activated to 120,310, including both units and individual augmentees.
www.defenselink.mil...

in October they had 120,065 active reservists, in November they had 120,310. An increase of 245.

Here's a PDF with more details and a list troops etc.
americasnewstoday.com...

[edit on 18-11-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm not freaking out until there is conformation. That said I'd still like to ponder the possibilities.

1. WW3, war with China, Russia, or both plus others
2. War with Iran, maybe the same as #1
3. Martial law-civil unrest
4. Major Natural event like a comet striking or the antarctic ice sheet slipping into the ocean creating #3
5. AlCIAda attacking with biological or nuclear devises leading to #3

anyone else got ideas?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
120k active reservists VS 380million pissed off civilians...hmmm

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Thanks for the radio link.
It looks like a great portal.

The caller on the program said the letters were "being prepared to be mailed" this week so its probably not in the news media yet.

THe source of the info is in the military and was in the office that was preparing the letters that will go out this week and next.

Interesting scoop Warren

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Just wondering where you came up with 380 million? The Popclock at census.gov says 305 and some change. Perhaps this doesn't take into accout for illegal immigration? Heard someone the other day saying 325 million, thought that was high. Now 380? Is this just an estimation taking illegals into account?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

The census is far from accurate. Did you send in your census form last time? Did you even get one? The census quite similar to grade school roll call, except the population isn't sitting conveniently in a classroom where teachers can see who did and did not raise their hands.

Look at the following document...
www.census.gov...

and you'll notice an alarming frequency of terms such as "estimation", "weighting factor", "subsample", so on and so fourth.

The census bureau has three methods used to count.

- Mailout/Mailback
- Computer Assisted Telephone Interview (CATI)
- Computer Assisted Personal Interview (CAPI)

With the exception of addresses in Remote Alaska, the general timing of data collection is:

Month 1: Addresses in sample that are determined to be mailable are sent a questionnaire via the U.S. Postal Service.

Month 2: All mail non-responding addresses with an available phone number are sent to CATI.

Month 3: A sample of mail non-responses without a phone number, CATI non-responses, and unmailable addresses are selected and sent to CAPI.

Given that we know many people don't have a mailing address or telephone, how difficult to you think it would be to miss a significant portion of the population? I'd say its fairly easy to miss a huge piece of the pie.

I'd go out on a limb and say the population of the US is anywhere between 300 and 400 million people. Not knocking the Census bureau or anything, as while technology can aid in the processing of the data, the collection of the data is, by it's very nature a manual process. Because of this, I think a margin of error of 100 million people is well within reason.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I have not heard anything about this. I hope it is not true. I got out of the Army 18 years ago and I am not going back.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I don't know if this has anything to do with the topic, but if it's true then I think it's related. I'm currently active duty, but I'm going to be ETS'ing in Jan. I was ordered by what would equal a battalion commander to update my Army life insurance (SGLI) by last friday. I called up my superiors and told them I'm getting out soon and they said I had to do it anyway. It's probably nothing, but I did find it curious and somewhat out of the blue. Usaully we (meaning my unit) would update that kind of stuff once a year at SRP (Soldier Readines Program). Take it for what you will, but in conjunction with the topic of this thread could point to something more ominous.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I have not found any information on this topic, but somebody must soon confirm the validity of this information.

If this is in fact true, then trouble is definitely on the way!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
looks like a hoax ... lets hope for

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Don't shoot me, I'm just the janitor around here, but I sat here one day and watched a video on CNN.com about a Chris Brown, I think, who is now a lawyer and was called back to active duty after a decade or something. It was quickly taken down...I tried to show someone the video that night and it was gone.
This caught my attention as I have been out of the services for quite some time and am afraid of something like this coming down the pike someday...I had a hard enough time keeping up with my fellow Marines back then!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Maybe I missed it in the radio interview, but who is John Moore? I know he said he was told this by a trusted friend who has seen the letters. I'm just trying to beter understand the source. As someone who, if this is true, will most likely be stopped from getting out, I do have a vested interest in this.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
looks like a hoax ... lets hope for

Here's a short bio for the guy that reported the story.

John Moore

He has his own radio program on RBN but was calling in to another radio program on the same network.
See the OP for the radio stream of the breaking story on the National Intel Report program.

If it's a hoax then this guy is really hurting his career.

Listen to the program. He sounds sincere. But we will have to wait to find out because the letters are going out this week.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thanks venividivici, love your avator by the way. He does sound pretty sincere and truly believes what he's been told to be true. It's not like Blossom Goodchild "channeling" information. Seems like if it's not true, then yeah his career is in jeopardy so I don't see what he would have to gain by perpretrating a hoax.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join