It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Troop Mobilization.....Holy Crap

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
We all need to stay calm here as we know ATS has had many a hoax posted on it before and i hope this is just another one,but the timing would work out for the big trouble that the world leaders are talking about when Obama is taking over the office.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Just wondering where you came up with 380 million? The Popclock at census.gov says 305 and some change. Perhaps this doesn't take into accout for illegal immigration? Heard someone the other day saying 325 million, thought that was high. Now 380? Is this just an estimation taking illegals into account?

There's about 35 million pissed off Canadians to account for, with an armed force of . . . well . . . not that many.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Thanks for the thorough reply. That all makes sense to me. I didn't really take there numbers to be exact, but wasn't sure what exactly could be causing such a large discrepancy. Giving you a star for that...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I haven't heard anything about this mobilization. But I will call a friend who is more in the know.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I would have to corroborate the source first. However, in order to implement martial law, the PTB need a force to enforce it. As it is right now, cities have 2 choices: 1. Reduce number of cops or 2. Raise taxes. The mobilization of a military force doesn't seem that improbable.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I can pretty much say that there are no recalls going on, I have very hard evidence from people I am still very close with and all three of them are men I have served with have not receieved any recall letters whatsoever, If I was contacted I would gladly return. I also have not heard of this from my father who retired as an E-9, Doesnt mean its not possible but unlikely, I will try and keep the masses updated about this so hopefully some members who this may affect can have some piece of mind...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Isn't this great...mobilization??? I bet Bush ordered this so he can declare marshal law and prevent Obama the great from taking office....

The question is, will the military follow orders from Bush?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I work with a former air force Seargent. He has not recived anything, but will let me know if he does.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

The total FEMA/Military/Police/National Guard/ETC total in this country used to control us can hit over 10M really fast. Not to mention *IF* the government chose to, could wipe all of us the hell out in a blink of an eye.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If this is indeed true, then they ave not alerted any of the regional armories...

I cannot substanciate any of this.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The interview mentions that the mobilization letters are being sent out today. Nobody is going to have any official cofirmation untill they receive those letters. That is unless someone else here has an "In" on that department that could shed some light on this. As someone posted earlier, this guy will only damage his own credibility if this is false. On the other hand his website leans a little right, towards the fear mongering genre. This sensastionalism may be a motive for more DVD sales.

The Undertaker

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
OK before you get your panties all twisted up - sit down, put your tin foil
hats on and chill out.

This is a muster of the IRR (Individual Ready Reserve) - it is composed of
former members of the military who still under law can be called back into service in time of emergency. When you sign up encurr an eight year
obligation to Uncle Sam. Many are transferred to IRR before the
committment is completely fulfilled. Because of Iraq and War on Terrorism more manpower was needed. When Defense Dept went to locate many of the IRR found couldn't be found because nobody have
updated records, some were physically unfit or otherwise unsuitable.
To keep track of IRR members instituted annual muster of IRR to
update records and skills, weed out those unfiit in case needed.

Will be paid for time and travel expenses.

Strategypage.com has several articles concerning IRR musters

www.strategypage.com...

www.strategypage.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I am military and I haven't heard anything. But now that you mention it my Commander insisted our unit purchase one of those big silver 40 cup coffee pots for our breakroom the other day. I really thought the 12 cup "Mr Coffee" pot we had was fine for the number of people we have assigned..

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
One would think if some thing is going on why would they let the Australian navy have time off ESP when world leaders have said some thing big is going to happen.

Sorry if this is off topic

The Australian navy will get a two-month paid break over Christmas as part of a new strategy to cope with crew shortages and make sailors' jobs more appealing to families.

The defence minister, Joel Fitzgibbon, said today that the navy, which is currently short of 2,020 personnel, will take leave from December 3.

It is hoped the shutdown will give overworked sailors a chance to rest while new recruitment options are considered.

Fitzgibbons said the number of sailors who will stay aboard docked ships will be scaled down to skeleton crews over the holiday period and all navy ships not on operational deployments have been ordered home.

"We're doing a lot of work trying to find new and innovative ways both to retain skilled people and recruit new people," he said.

The navy currently has about 13,000 sailors in total.

Fitzgibbons said the two-month break was "just a way of saying thank you and encouraging them to stay in the service".

The shortage of troops is the biggest challenge facing the Australian defence force. The minister said making their jobs more family-friendly was part of the solution.

Although Australia faces no apparent security threat, the opposition attacked the extended leave.

David Johnston, the opposition spokesman on defence issues, described the strategy as a government admission that it had failed to recruit sufficient sailors.

"I've never seen a defence force charged with the protection of Australia saying we're going to have six to eight weeks off over Christmas because we think it's a good thing for the mums and dads," Johnston said on ABC television.

However, the Deputy Chief Rear Admiral Davyd Thomas said the time off would not adversely impact national security.

"The stand down will not impact operations and is to ensure that our people who are not required on operations are able to take a meaningful period of time off and spend time with their families," he said in a statement. "This is about nurturing our people and working smarter, not harder."

He added that 500 navy personnel would remain on active duty in the Middle East and patrolling Australian waters.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Thats probably the best explanation and makes the most sense..The military is going to have a blast trying to get in touch with these guys. Like I said I'd go back if I was needed..Star for your post

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have verified and undeniable proof that this is indeed a rumor.

The Big Hot Dog Buns in charge have not contacted me yet as they have assure me that I would be the first to know if the world was going to weenie town.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by arcnaver]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bruwin

Your commander just got a new budget, I's the new physcal year. So call it the yearly payday for your unit.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

The article you linked supports the theory that the letters are for an imminent emergency.

With the relatively large number of Americans willing to volunteer for military service, and wars requiring fewer troops, there's no need for draftees. But when there's an emergency, and a call for reviving the draft, a look at the IRR shows that there are plenty of trained and experienced former military personnel already available, if you can only find them. The annual muster is headed for becoming another aspect of American military life.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by arcnaver

Well since you have the hot dog buns or whatever you call them on speed dial can you have them withdraw our troops from combat so we can stop the voracious amounts of cash we spend a day in Iraq? Maybe you can tell them to put more troops on the border since as of 2007 there were 13 million undocumented citizens in the U.S..Thanks!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster
There's about 35 million pissed off Canadians to account for, with an armed force of . . . well . . . not that many.

Let's not discount the canuckistan army. Just about all of them would be considered seals. Where we have patriots, they just have the need to get the job done as fast as possible and get the hell home. They tend to channel their anger of being away from home into the fight. LOL!

I've had the pleasure of working alongside some of them. Their grit and humor astounds me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join