It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how many of you actually belive in the 2012 prediction?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
Ummmmm still waiting! Sorry Tesla didn't mean to kill your thread I just wanted to know.

OBTW that is not scientific fact.

I agree they were great at traking the stars (I think, from what ive been told) But i am talking about A prediction comeing true. Tell me one.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by unite_life
reply to post by N. Tesla

I feel that every day is a moment of awakening and everyday that we wake up to is another day closer to our death. I feel that anything can happen but what really makes a difference is you (the reader). Remember to take into account the power of our thoughts, our observations, and how it affects reality. There are things happening every day but 2012 will be another day that is just as precious as any other day we encounter. So, for now and on the actual day of 2012, live the love, light, and be in spirit.

peace to all my fellow humans! much love.

P.S. On another note, one should check out Terrence McKenna and his Time wave zero/Fractal time theory video. There is also free downloads of the DOS based software to do tests for yourself. In summation, he talks about this spiral of life that we are all encompassed in. This wave or spiral of life was able to be charted out via the I Ching and this computer software. Remember that we are living in a spiral through our universe/galaxy/solar system/our golden ratio of the proportions of the human body (e.g. dna), etc. He noticed that things came to a single point on the chart when the date of 2012 was reached. It doesn’t mean that everything comes to an end… but rather things are more condensed and energy slows down. Also another note to remember is that in a spiral there is no end… it keeps going. Enjoy: video.google.com...

Google Video Link

"Be the walking creation and WILL things to happen."

They are saying the vibation rate of the earth is increasing, is that not more energy?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
They predicted the coming alinment with milky way, long time ago, this is fact. And as far as I know is they said every time this happens, there are problems. The solar system is heating up not just earth, fact.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
looks like many posters here still believe our flat earth is the center of the universe and it's all about us humans who are sooo important that the universe will care a lot about the winter solstice on this planet!

seriously... really... bad things have happened since the dawn of time. there's always been floods, quakes, crop failures, too much or too little precipitation, too hot or too cold, wars... speaking of wars - how many years *without* war did we have as a species, globally? was there ever a single year in the last 4000 years that we didn't have some sort of conflict on this planet?

yeah dream on 2012 will come and some super being is going to rapture you into the sky because you're nice and good.

we should all be nice and good - not because of fear of some god or hope of eternal life... instead we should realize we can't live without each other and we should stop being so mindless and try our best to preserve our planet and our resource to be able to have a nice life right here on earth not in some after-life promised by priests who use religion just so they maintain and increase their power...

yes we should have a spiritual life but it should be a positive one not one that constantly threatens us with eternal damnation because we ate chocolate or had sex at a party! but i diverge...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I just can't believe in something that really offers no definitive fact. I see educated guesses. Any data can show that 2012 is going to be hell on earth or a great renaissance when you skew the data to go that way. Information is being interpreted to enforce exactly what the interpreter wants to believe.

I think we are an educated race. I do not believe the wool is being pulled over our eyes. I don't believe people are being considered sheeples because when all is said and done what is the purpose of the end result. There is none.

I will say this. I do see a world wide awakening happening and people are starting to take 'life" seriously. Not in possessions but in being. There is an awakening and it is taking time but we have time. We have global views of our actions now. People are understanding and witnessing many sides to the story of life and actions on a broader scale.

In the next four years we are certainly going to feel a pinch. Remember better times, Fight wars, pray for new beginnings, sacrifice and also pray for forgiveness.

I do believe in the betterment of men and generations learning for past mistakes. I believe in the constitution of the United States and I now believe we are going to go back to using it.

Times will be tough but they always are after a time of prosperity because everything is cyclical but in the timeline of life you need to experience the downs to appreciate the ups.

Enjoy yourself....We have more than 4 more years to live ..

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
although it does seem that the majority of us don't believe in it i doubt it will quench the die hard believers. i just dont understand why they cling to it. even if they turn out to be right and the world does end who will they brag about it to?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hey Tesla

Did you really blow up Tunsganeska, pardone my spelling?

[edit on 19-11-2008 by googolplex]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
Hey Tesla

Did you really blow up Tunsganeska, pardone my spelling?

[edit on 19-11-2008 by googolplex]

just the one time. but they never let me forget it

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

I doubt that an event will occur in 2012. But, I do like to perform my own research and be open minded. From my research, the Mayans were brilliant when it came to constructing accurate calendars and predicting celestial events. Them mentioning "Earth lining up with the galactic plane which can cause the magnetic poles to shift-disaster", I do not believe should be taken with a grain of salt, given that they were hundreds of years before their time intellectually. They could be wrong though.

I find the Mayans extremely credible.

Well, if nothing bad happens, I wont use the Mayans as a credible reference, lol!!!

Peace to all

Bubbapug1985

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Okay I will try different method, cycles the moon goes around the earth, this causes tides. Because they know where and when the moon will be they are able to predict high and low tide. Because we have a calander, the farmers know when to plant the crops, when it should be cold or hot.
Because they know where the sun and planets are at any given time, They can predict solar flares, astrology.

Well these Mayan people were not dumb natives, they moved all around the earth to make the star charts they had. A map was found that contained information that had to be thousands and thousands of years old. When our scientist saw the map they laughted and said look these dumies put two land masses at anartica. Later when they did some kind of radar image of Anartica, they said dang look it's two land mases under all that ice. How da heck they know that.

Well the Mayan calander is a lot more complex than our calander, they made a calander that dealt with more than, when to plant the crops, or when the full moon would come. They made a calander that deals with the cycles of the solar syystem and the galaxy. They under stood somethings that is hard for our scientist to figure out today. No I don't think it's the end time. But I think that the Mayans knew a lot more than some give them credit for. Their calander ends 12/21/2012, but it's suppose to be the begining of new good cycle, we only have problems till then.

And just wonder how many of you none believers check you horidscope

[edit on 21-11-2008 by googolplex]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by TroyB
A comparison to the concerns over 2000 versus 2012 is not entirely fair. In 2000 the "big" concern was over mass computer failures due to the handling of the change from 19xx to 20xx in the date/time of computer systems.

Ok, I'll byte

The real problem in 2000 was not the software glitch but these "so-called",
Experts that litterally started crawling out of woodwork and onto your TV.
Claims made by these "Experts" was everything from the toasters not going
to work, fridges are going to overheat, planes drop out of the sky like
rocks and trains going off the rails. Most of those experts could not tell
the difference between a bit and a byte. It made me so angry watching all
BS play out on TV.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

but isnt that what is happening now. these so called experts that say the end is here and that the mayans were never wrong?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Why should something happen? What did the Mayans know that we don't know today? My prediction is that nothing connected to the Mayan calendar as such will happen.

Look at 2000. Nothing happened. Then we had the quite real Y2K bug to worry about. But still, nothing. It is just a calendar, just like the Mayan calendar is a calendar.

Maybe I should make an experiment. I will now declare that this is year 1. And I make a calendar that lasts 1000 years and hide it somewhere. Maybe somebody will find it after a couple of centuries and think that the world will end in our calendar's year 3008?

Of course, it is completely possible (but highly unlikely) that Mayans met the so-called Ancient Astronauts who promised to come back in year 2012... Well, I wouldn't hold my breath.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ukuli
Why should something happen? What did the Mayans know that we don't know today? My prediction is that nothing connected to the Mayan calendar as such will happen.

Look at 2000. Nothing happened. Then we had the quite real Y2K bug to worry about. But still, nothing. It is just a calendar, just like the Mayan calendar is a calendar.

Maybe I should make an experiment. I will now declare that this is year 1. And I make a calendar that lasts 1000 years and hide it somewhere. Maybe somebody will find it after a couple of centuries and think that the world will end in our calendar's year 3008?

Of course, it is completely possible (but highly unlikely) that Mayans met the so-called Ancient Astronauts who promised to come back in year 2012... Well, I wouldn't hold my breath.

if they do come back then its a good thing right?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
if they do come back then its a good thing right?

Well, if they originally genetically engineered homo sapiens and then gave us the agricultural culture what would they be doing this time? Giving us more technology and science? That is, if the Ancient Astronauts theory is true, which I doubt...

Where did this explosion in science and technology in the past few hundred years come from, by the way? Did we need aliens to help us do this? Why would we need them to give us the knowledge the ancient civilizations had? People at that time were so much dumber they couldn't figure out things like farming or writing by themselves? And they had no imagination to make up things like gods that look a bit alien?

And now homo sapiens is so much smarter we can make hydrogen bombs, computers and science fiction movies without outside help? So at which time did our brain capacity suddenly increase so much? Hasn't the brain capacity been pretty much the same since the stone age?

I just say that the Ancient Astronaut theory seems to be based on the idea that humans were a lot stupider a few thousand years ago than they are today. In reality it seems like we have always been just as stupid, but still extremely capable of making inventions.

I just think that the only reason that this Mayan 2012 thing might mean something is if the Ancient Astronaut theory is true... It is hard to say how else the Mayans could predict something to happen in 2012.

If we cannot see a Planet X or a Death Star from Zeta Reticuli or something like that coming now how could the Mayans have seen it?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If somebody would have asked me this 3 months ago i would have said "H**l no, there's no way that's going to happen" ,but since i came to ATS i really question everything.......

I don't know and i really couldn't care, aslong as it going to be spectacular and pref. not on a friday or saturday......

Just checked and it's gonna happen on a Friday....F**K...there goes the weekend!!!!

[edit on 22/11/2008 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

lmao yep looks like doomsday ruins alot of weekends plans. o well

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Why would you possibly want to know? You have stated, and quite clearly at that, you do not believe anything will happen. And, just as clearly, dismissed us as being inferior if we do believe. There is a third group of people you completely left out. (I thank you for that.)

There are those of us who neither believe nor disbelieve. Some of us would never dis out of hand an earlier civilization. There were an incredibly intelligent group of humans. oh, they also never said doom was coming. Just the end of a cycle and a new one would follow.

So to say you don't believe or those that do are wasting time, shows you didn't study. You just posted to have a good laugh at our expense.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

Let's see what did the Mayans predict? Hmmm... How about the exact movements of celestial bodies. They may have seen and recorded the movement of a large celestial body which they knew would interfere with Earth in or around 2012. Learn your history grandpa, the Mayans made many predictions with amazing accuracy.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddy420

they didnt predict it/ they observed movements of celstial bodies. much like we do today. dont confuse real predictions like end of the world and doomsday with tracking movemtns of stars.

and anotherdad is not a grandpa he is clearly anotherDAD respect the man he deseveres it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join