It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how many of you actually belive in the 2012 prediction?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
how many of you actually believe that something will happen in 2012 and why?

i personally think nothign will happen.

no awakening no death simply nothing. the Mayans were astrologers and they plotted astrological dates. the sun in the center of galaxy is a big one so they made that their start date. the sun has been in the center several times. every 56 thousand years if i remember correctly. so personally im not impressed and i think that i will wake up on the 21st and go to sleep on the 22nd with no change at all.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
If I remember right, David Wilcock has talked about it as no big deal. I'm just going to wait and see if anything happens from watching it on TV. Until then, I'll just try to survive like any other day.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Nothing will happen. Remember 2000, it's the same thing. I swear some people are just uncomfortable when they aren't scared out of their minds. I will humbly eat crow in heaven if we all die though.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Tes, I don't think the world will end..........And there's a great chance that nothing will happen(remember Y2K?). Personally I think we are getting ahead of our selves. With all the conspiracy's on ATS, there is a better chance of the end coming sooner( hence FEMA camps, economic collapse,WWIII,etc.)need I say more?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I have read articles in the past that there is a astrological change in our solar system that will take place around that time. Scientists have confirmed that but say they do not know what that will mean for us. Not much we can do about that!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm still somewhat unsure. For the most part, I don't think anything will happen. But from what I understand the Mayans weren't wrong very often. Because of that, I'm more concerned about 2012 than I was about Y2K - which isn't very hard because I was never worried about Y2K.

link   

Originally posted by PammyK
I have read articles in the past that there is a astrological change in our solar system that will take place around that time. Scientists have confirmed that but say they do not know what that will mean for us. Not much we can do about that!

yes and like i said the astological change happened before several times and nothing happened. this time will be no different

link   
Only thing is this is fact, I don't think will be end of world, but it is the end of Mayan calander. The solar system is heating up as it has before, the whole question is what will gravity and natural planet alingnment do. One thing is at this time we will be at peak solar flare season. The whole solar system is heating up, we did not do it. And when they say center of milky way they don't mean center, center they mean side center where all the gravity is.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Personally, I hope something catostrophic does happen in 2012. If the entire human race gets wiped off the face of the earth that will be fine with me. Chances are, nothing that bad will happen....darn!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthChrisious
I'm still somewhat unsure. For the most part, I don't think anything will happen. But from what I understand the Mayans weren't wrong very often. Because of that, I'm more concerned about 2012 than I was about Y2K - which isn't very hard because I was never worried about Y2K.

they weren't wrong this time either. people just interpreted it wrong. they got the prediction right on the money but they never said its the end. its just the beginning of another cycle. its a calendar marking astrological events. they knew about this event and marked it. that it.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
And you say nothing happened something did happen, but to what extent, a few more earth quakes some volcanos. As the moon pulls the oceans it also pulls the molten mass beneath the surface, you can track earth quakes, volcanos with the moon. And beleive it or not this knowledge has been know for longer than you imagine. For who ever made the Mayan calander was far from stupid.

Gravity your friend most the time

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

I don't think we know for sure that nothing happened. I don't think scientists know everything. I have also heard that many other cultures have predicted similiar changes in 2012 as well.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
And I was told our calander is off 13 years so Y2K that.

+13
____
2013-10 days=12/21/2012

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Which one?

That the Antichrist will take over the world?

That the NWO will take over the world (oh wait, same thing)...

That the Illuminati will wipe out 90% of humanity by causing economic collapse, civil war, martial law, nuclear terrorism, biological warfare, pandemic bird flu, gm foods causing mass starvation, depleted uranium contamination causing worldwide die-offs, estrogens in the environment causing men to become infertile, fluoridated water and aspartame-laden foods rotting our brains, etc., etc., ad infinitum? Oh, and millions will be carted off to FEMA camps; the few remaining sheeple will be turned into mind controlled slaves via HAARP technology?

That the greys will finally release their hordes upon us and wipe us out? Or reduce us to a small population useful as slaves? Or just eat us all?

That the reptilians will rise up and reclaim their planet from the squatters (us)?

That Niburu/Planet X will arrive and there will be an apocalyptic impact

That Niburu will arrive not to impact the earth, but carrying the Draco, who come to claim the earth and initiate an all-out alien war?

That aliens are not real after all, but the PTB fake an alien war using BlueBeam technology in order to get the masses to capitulate to total governmental control and the NWO?

That all of the remaining stargates on earth will activate simultaneously and we are sucked into a gigantic black hole?

That the pole shift will occur, the earth will a. flip over on its axis or b. start spinning in the opposite direction and this will constitute a global calamity?

That the Federation of Light will finally turn up (for real this time) and rescue us from it all?

That we will evolve to a higher plane of existence?

I am more inclined to believe that the long count calendar ran out in the (then) far future and the Mayans fully planned to make a new calendar as the date approached. At the time, no doubt, it seemed to them that they had plenty of time to get around to it, not knowing that they would be extinct in 2012.

However I also believe that the NWO is making their power grab at this moment. I am also a Christian and I believe all the signs say the end is getting pretty close, however, there are so many scenarios possible that any or a combination of them could play out and there is no way to tell which one(s) are coming. Whether it all has anything to do with 2012 is pretty unlikely, IMO.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
And I was told our calander is off 13 years so Y2K that.

+13
____
2013-10 days=12/21/2012

why do minus 10 days? if i can pull number out of thin air then i can predict alot of stuff,

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaHere
Which one?

That the Antichrist will take over the world?

That the NWO will take over the world (oh wait, same thing)...

That the Illuminati will wipe out 90% of humanity by causing economic collapse, civil war, martial law, nuclear terrorism, biological warfare, pandemic bird flu, gm foods causing mass starvation, depleted uranium contamination causing worldwide die-offs, estrogens in the environment causing men to become infertile, fluoridated water and aspartame-laden foods rotting our brains, etc., etc., ad infinitum? Oh, and millions will be carted off to FEMA camps; the few remaining sheeple will be turned into mind controlled slaves via HAARP technology?

That the greys will finally release their hordes upon us and wipe us out? Or reduce us to a small population useful as slaves? Or just eat us all?

That the reptilians will rise up and reclaim their planet from the squatters (us)?

That Niburu/Planet X will arrive and there will be an apocalyptic impact

That Niburu will arrive not to impact the earth, but carrying the Draco, who come to claim the earth and initiate an all-out alien war?

That aliens are not real after all, but the PTB fake an alien war using BlueBeam technology in order to get the masses to capitulate to total governmental control and the NWO?

That all of the remaining stargates on earth will activate simultaneously and we are sucked into a gigantic black hole?

That the pole shift will occur, the earth will a. flip over on its axis or b. start spinning in the opposite direction and this will constitute a global calamity?

That the Federation of Light will finally turn up (for real this time) and rescue us from it all?

That we will evolve to a higher plane of existence?

I am more inclined to believe that the long count calendar ran out in the (then) far future and the Mayans fully planned to make a new calendar as the date approached. At the time, no doubt, it seemed to them that they had plenty of time to get around to it, not knowing that they would be extinct in 2012.

However I also believe that the NWO is making their power grab at this moment. I am also a Christian and I believe all the signs say the end is getting pretty close, however, there are so many scenarios possible that any or a combination of them could play out and there is no way to tell which one(s) are coming. Whether it all has anything to do with 2012 is pretty unlikely, IMO.

yeah!...A lot can happen, I'm a Christian as well, and I see prophesy being full filled..............And by the way maybe the Mayans just stopped on that date 2012, heck! they couldn't put a million year calender on there anyways......When is the last time you even saw a hundred year calender?...We just make it a year or two, maybe thats what they did, just put a few more.....

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hey N. Tesla

The ten days I did pull out of thin air, I just wanted to point out how close the dates do match.
And the 13 years I had read back some 16 years ago. As being a computer programmer cobal, fortran, basic, rpg, I could see that y2k was easy fix.
I did not think of all these doom things back then, I had faith in my government, and did not think any thing big would happen, I wish still saw world same way.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by googolplex]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

Bring it on!!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I don't believe, per se, in any predictions..................however, I guess I'd describe myself as one who finds it all interesting, and is curious about the date... I wonder, what, if anything the date means....but I'm not changing anything in my life or making any plans due to it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join