It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vaultdweller is back!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I headed out into the Capital Wasteland about a week ago, and I must say Fallout 3 is a winner!

I was hesitant to buy it, really, with the view having been changed from the isometric to the 1st / 3rd person view but I should not have worried, if anything, the new perspective really enhances the experience.

Allmost everything is manipulateable, so no need to stand in that one perfect spot to see something, if you can't see in a crate between a couple shelves, just pull out the box, for instance.

The combat portion is amazing. The story of Epic proportions.

There is something strangely addictive about blowing off heads from Raiders or Feral Ghouls, or turning Super Mutants into a fine dust!

The homemade weapons are a blast! If you want to fight hand to hand, I recommend the Shiskebab.. also usefull in a dark area, just chop a nearby corpse and it will be set aflame

The only thing I could whine about is that the selection of music on Galaxy News Radio is a bit limited, but the selection they do play is addictive in it's own way.

All in all: expect to lose a lot of sleep if you decide to step up into the Wasteland!!!

Soooo.. any other vauldwellers out there?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Yes, excellent game. I only wish I had more time to play. I just got back from the trip to minefield.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Game has been sucking up most of my free time lately. Amazing how the hours fly by while searching the wasteland. Its been a lot easier road since I got my pack mule Charon along for the ride. I am afraid to know how many hours I have already log in to this game, I am at level 15.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I was a huge fallout fan and I plan on getting this if I can ever find the time to play.

I heard there's a bit of a bug in the game at the end. Something about losing the ability to explore at that level once you complete the game. Apparently, there's tons to do and see and you should save it in a specific manner before finishing the game.

I also read about some traders who basically give you everything - not necessarily a glitch there but, apparently, there's one or two guys who do this.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
My partner and I are both Fallout Fanbois. Fallout 3 is a good game, but......it's missing the Fallout vibe. Stimpacks and RadX do not Fallout make - there is something about Fallout 1 and 2 that is missing here - that makes me sad. That being said it's a good game - Even if it is Oblivion in a post apocalyptic setting and not a true child of fallout.

I've just recently hooked up with Riley's Rangers - The hotel has been hell on me and when I finally get to the roof...I have to go back down again..dang it.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

I've just recently hooked up with Riley's Rangers - The hotel has been hell on me and when I finally get to the roof...I have to go back down again..dang it.

I just completed that one. I had one of those fission batteries stored on Charon, didn't have to go back down.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Lets be honest, this has nothing on the originals.

I mean cmon it's a jazzed up fps mod rly.

Yes I like it, Yes I will settle for it, however its not what FO3 shouldve been.

There I have said it.

If you didn't play 1 and 2 you'll never understand.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I've played the other two installments, and I actually feel Fallout 3 is better then it's precursors. The only thing I've missed so far are Gecko's to skin.

I'm now looking for that place that's got tree's, 3-dog keeps yapping about it on the radio so I'm hoping it ain't no myth!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I wasn't a huge fallout 1 & 2 fan, but when i read about fallout 3 and that it was made by bethesda oblivion style i couldn't get the game fast enough!!

i've had no glitches in the game so far, except sometimes dogmeat will stand on top of a ghoul in the middle of a shootout..

The game is awesome tho! been stuck to my 42inch lcd hogging it the whole weekend, I am a lvl 12 defiler at the moment...muhahaha!

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Alucard Hellsing]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
level 13 paladin (i think)

dont care about fallout 1 or 2 but i do concider this post apocolyptic oblivion and i cant tell you enough how much i love the game.

the wasteland just blew me away, i prefer to play during the daytime (in the game world) cause i just cant make out the terrain at night (playing on a 56 inch samsung DLP)

i love all the perks and when it comes time to deciding which one is most important i get the adrenaline boost which puts me back in the waste land for another 2 or 3 hours, oh i leveled up again, better stay on for another 3 maybe 4 just to be safe.

this game will be mine for days to come. actually i bought it to hold me off for killzone and it may just have to be played more than once. cant wait for the expansion and trophies some day.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

52inch....nice! the game just looks amazing on such a huge screen in HD!

The best game i think i ever played was Vampire the Masquarade, the graphics wasn't the "best" but it was still awesome, and the environment just drew you in and made you feel the atmosphere in the game, but fallout 3 is by far the best i've had the pleasure of playing.

i'm definately getting oblivion for xbox now!

I got gears of war 2 the other day, amazing game also, really awesome, but the multiplayer option on xbox live is saweeet!

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alucard Hellsing

im glad your enjoying gears 2.

And do yourself a favor and get a cheap $20 copy of oblivion you wont be sorry you did. one thing i find myself doing in the wasteland is looking for caves and secret passageways in the hillsides, although there are some, oblivion has all sorts of secret entrances on the hillsides to explore. its a seriously amazing game.

i cant wait for consoles to make MMORGS that are fallout style or should i say oblivion style since it was the first.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

Whats the difference between the $20 copy and the normal one ?
Not sure what they have for oblivion here in OZ, haven't been able to find it in the shops for xbox 360 yet.

I was under the impression that Oblivion would have a multiplayer option for xbox live ?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Alucard Hellsing

negative on the multiplayer on xbox live

a $20.00 copy is the going rate for oblivion on the 360 most shops sell used ones. try and avoid spending full value on a game thats almost 3 years old.

im a level 15 vault legend now. yipeee

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phatcat

Heck yeah man!! This game truely rocks!! I really love this game!! And have been playing it non stop for almost 2 weeks now!!

I created a little online helpers guide to this game..
So if you are lookig for any insider hints, tips walkthrews, and or cheats to this game stop on by my. Fallout 3 Helpers guide

I wanted to save everyone 20$ instead of buying the book to help you with the game, I wanted to pool everyones thoughts and knowledge about the game into this easy to read BTS guide to Fallout 3!!!

This game has so much to offer and so many ways to play it!!!

This game rules!! And I sertinly give this game 10 out of 10
And two thumbs up!!!!

Game of the year IMO!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I only haa small go on this on a mates copy, right from the beginning.
I must say I don't think i've seen such an emersive game before, (I definatly have never been born into a game before lol).
I really want this game, the wastland goes on for as far as the eye can see from when you first leave the vault.

How big is it actually?
I never saw any full scale map but the land was huge, what surrounds the edges of the map?

It reminded me of bioshock, but a huge step forward from it.
Added question: Do you ever get any kind of vehicle to travel around the huge landscape?

[edit on 5-12-2008 by Chukkles]

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
from memory (and i could be wrong but not by much) oblivion and fallout are about 80 square miles of game land. this includes all inner buildings, the wasteland, the sub ways, the underground passages, the vaults and inner cities.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
I must say I don't think i've seen such an emersive game before, (I definatly have never been born into a game before lol).

couldn't have said it better myself.

I've played a bit. I set it up on the work pc as I expected myself to have some time to screw around before the end of year projections and I have certainly killed plenty of time playing, more than I should (nothing beats realizing you tuned out the world for 2 or 3 hours). Alas, I haven't played anywhere near the amount of time I wish I had. The game is awesome. My work pc isn't geared for gaming but it is a step above the minimum requirements so it doesn't suck for me.

My take, as stated, is that the game, thus far is awesome but it is a big difference from the old fallout and fallout 2. yes, the concept is the same and yes the interaction and format is simiar but updated big time based on current technology but the charm of the old versions is not there. I'm not knocking the game. Not at all, just saying that they are different enough that you cannot really compare them.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

your looking at a level 18 paragon now!! i cant get enough of this game.

i got caught up searching so much i practically level capped! so i decided to go after the main quest. now im stuck in virtual reality? this game is rediculously dope.

new topics

top topics

join