It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a must know. Scary re-education camps?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I live in Durango, Colorado. At the beginning of this school year my 11th grader started telling me that she could not graduate unless she had so many hours of community service completed. I thought it was just a new local policy, Durango is a pretty strange place and they tend to write their own rules here... I just went to the Durango High School website to find on the front page "community service fyi's" dhs.durangoschools.org...

Leave it to Durango to be one of the first on the train! We're not very far from Dulce, maybe the kids can volunteer for human experiment next.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Not my kids...

2 line post

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

My bet is that the older generations can whip the younger ones if it comes to that. Most of them are a heck of a lot smarter than the younger ones. Not to mention the older generations don't have that "I'm not doing it unless it benefits me" attitude that most of the younger generations do. Plus a lot of the people in the younger generations don't get out of bed till noon if someone doesn't make them. I've seen people from the older generations out of bed by 4 am ready to go. They'd win because they are awake earlier.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad

Not my kids...

2 line post

damn right not your kids. and not my brother and not anyone who i can reach. this isnt a game anymore. this is serious. we thought mccain was the bad one. well i would take all the taxes in the world but you dont touch the kids.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
well... once it is implemented... starting with our youth, it will be all americans from that generation forward. So the statement "All Americans" would be true.

This is my problem.

If they are getting "paid" for it, it is not volunteering.
If it is mandatory, it is not volunteering.
If they are being "trained for it, it is not community service. What type of community service do you need to be trained for that would include things like 'push ups' lol. Get real.

This sounds to me like a fancy way of saying we are starting the draft and everyone, starting at age 18, will have to go through boot camp and serve. We just dont want to call it a draft, we want to sugar coat it by calling it community service. This is our way to make sure that we have complete control on our population from the time they are teens forward and that we never have an issue with low recruiting numbers when it comes time to use them.

I'm slightly freaked!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

I'm so angry right now I can hardly write this.

I always knew there was something creepy about Obama and now its all coming out when its too late.

I'm a 61 year old and before I'll let my Grandsons be taken from me I'll fight them until I take my last breath!
And then when my daughter gets thru with them they'll wish they never knocked on my door.

If I had the money I would leave this country within a week.

This has to be the scariest thing I've heard about Obama but I feel like theres more to come.

My question is:
HOW DO WE FIGHT BACK?
IS IT TOO LATE NOW?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
The lack of outrage is amazeing.

Again where's the Jewish people on this one?

Well, I can't speak for the Jewish people, but I'd hazard a guess that they'd be just fine with the plan. The Israel Defense Force (IDF) has a mandatory requirement of what...two? three? years for all citizens. And that's not "community service" but full-on military duty. Israel (a democracy) has come to the realization that we live in a dangerous, dangerous world and that sitting back and eating cheeseburgers (as another poster mentioned) and hoping everything turns out ok isn't a realistic strategy.

Frankly, I'm against forced military participation in the US; we're in a very different situation than Israel. As for forced community service...well, forced volunteerism is still forced. But yet it's still helpful to the community, the country, and the people involved, so I don't know. All this is putting aside the questions of the OP's source and editing and whatnot.

I know there's a lot of blood in the water right now (so to speak) but fear isn't a good state to be in for reasoning and I'm trying to be skeptical, not hysterical.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

"Forced to volunteer?" (post by psychedeliack) Please explain what that means; I'm not 'progressive' enough to understand such double-speak. Too bad America is waking up after the fact and people like this can't see what's coming or even describe it intelligibly.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I'm sitting here gently chuckling at your post. Being of that generation, The Geezers, I can tell you I want a lot of time to prepare. I ain't slow but I'm not speedy either. I guess if setting traps the smart way counts, us Geezers got it by the short hairs!!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It's not Obama, it's the powers that really control the United States. The camps? Well, they've been working on those all along, it seems. The increasing expansion of police powers, and impunity when they act illegally.

In his way, my grandfather predicted all this. He lived through Nazi Germany, and he died a bitter, angry old man. He watched who he thought were his friends fall into the Nazi way. He watched as all his fellow Germans allow Hitler to do what he did. He resented being pressed into making bomb sites, and had regrets about making them all faulty by design (he didn't consider at the time that by missing military targets, they might hit civilians, but the indiscriminate bombing by the Nazis made it moot). He spent the last three years of the war living in the Black Forest doing what he could to stay alive, stay out of the Gestapos hands, and help any allies out that he could. He didn't talk much about those years, but there was a Discovery channel show about people that had helped downed pilots, and there was a picture of him big as life, younger, but definately the same person. But, I've gone off on a tangent...

He said it would happen again, and has happened to all countries throughout history. It's never the same type of person, or even a 'person' every time.

I dunno. It's hard to think straight with the whole Obama Youth thing looming apon us. With everything else that's been going on factored in, I just get a huge feeling of dread. He had me promise to d what I can to prevent it, no problem with that. I asked him how would I prevent it, and how would I know when to prevent it. His answer was that there will be others, and when I knew it was time, it would be too late. Thanks for the tip, opa.

For all the talk, for all the posturing, I wonder that if the time comes, how many would actually stand, and how many would just duck their heads and try to not be noticed.... including myself.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

You know what i love Tesla, I think we soooooooo disagree with political beliefs but, most importantly we agree on core values. You can watch my kids anytime and share your opinion with them. I respect you. How's tomorrow at 2 sound?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

So I think this might not be so bad, as long as it is
restricted to youth, I really do believe if we were harder on kids,
they might better understand the futility of what is being taught.
Also, if they are forced to volunteer, it will give them a broader
perspective on society, as well as make them cherish the freedoms
they get when they become adults.

I agree in that parents in this country are not being parents the
way they should be, Teaching children how to live and be positve
influences in our communities and for our country is our
(the parents) job. Not "uncle Sams" Allowing the government to
become not just big brother but also big mother and father is
little more than an exercise in laziness (lack of will to parent),
and indifference to the further erosion of our freedom as a society.

The point is I want to have a choice.

P.S.

OuttaHere

However, with all the stops having been pulled out in
Congress and the vilification of Obama opponents as racists and
extremists, I am pretty sure they are going to drop all the pretense
early on in his administration and grab for total control.

I very much agree, starred

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I think it sounds like it's going to get this world in shape.....sounds good. Go obama!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

Just use your common sence and stop trading your personal freedom for safety or whatever...something big still has to happen (it's in the NWO script) before this will be put to play....

People tend to do that after something big happens

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well, let's look at this....Nazi Germany started a "Community Service" youth program too...

By December 1936, HJ membership stood at just over five million. That same month, This legal obligation was re-affirmed in 1939 with the Jugenddienstpflicht and HJ membership was required even when it was opposed by the member's parents. From then on, most of Germany's teenagers belonged to the HJ. By 1940, it had eight million members. Later war figures are difficult to calculate, since massive conscription efforts and a general call-up of boys as young as ten years old meant that virtually every young male in Germany was, in some way, connected to the HJ. Only about 10 to 20% were able to avoid joining.

en.wikipedia.org...

And, gee, no one thought it would be a problem...

As for voluntary service, I am retired Navy, but I CHOSE to serve for 20 years...I was not FORCED to serve for 20 years...I have an 11 year old son and 9 year old daughter and am totally against ANY "mandatory" community service...Geez, I thought that "mandatory" service was reserved for "convicted" criminals in this country...

As for the Obama-maniacs...They are gone...The "deal" is done...They were here only to stir the pot for awhile...

[edit on 11/14/2008 by swdecord]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vault-D

The differance between the Israeli youth and the US youth is that they aren't indoctrinated in the schools to hate everything Constitutional. They aren't taught that their military are baby killers. They have a great incentive in that they recognise from an early age that their survival demands that every citizen need that training they get in those mandatory three years. And the percentage of Israeli's that are against it are not great.

Zindo

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
this is #ing terrible. first the obama youth then what? a war, a holocaust? this is the first step in a totalitarian government : taking control of the children and education.

When a student fills out a FAFSA for financial aid for college, they are told that in order to qualify for funds they MUST register for selective service. The program does it for you after you agree to it.

What if FAFSA adds this compulsory community service as an additional requirement?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Every bit I have posted is true, that's what makes it funny. I have been scared awake by my hubby's grandpa showing up knocking on the door before 7 am and then he asks if I'm going to sleep the day away... At 7 am!

I figure being awake up to 8 hours before the younger generation ought to give you a good enough head start. You know they aren't going to stay up the night before to prepare, it'll be a mad dash to get everything together on their way out the door cause they overslept again.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
seems like theonly choice left is what to refer to america as..

The homeland?

The motherland?

The fatherland?

Or Obamaland?

What get me is these people that think this is OK, they need to look at Hitler...............Oh they say we are just freaking out, you bet I am....Look at all the threads about the NWO, FEMA camps and so many other things....It's all happening right before our eyes. Well if they want to be blind, let them be blind, because I will be prepared.....................................

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by rikk7111

Your right, Since they have their guy in office, they are completely ignoring all the ferver they had for the totalitarian Bush regime. Now I guess none of that matters, and 'All IS Well' Nothing to see here folks, just move along!!! Obama will fix it!!!
Zindo

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join