It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a must know. Scary re-education camps?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
How do you young Obama fans feel about this? Do you realize how scary this is? Spend 3-4 months in Cival government training.

Scroll down to the Emanual audio. They really want to do this and will have the power with the house and senate, soon the judges.

To butcher a bill engvel saying "here's your change"

wnd.com...

When they show up at my door to grab my daughter is the moment i start fireing!

How is this not......
A. a re-education camp.
B. A draft
C. unconstitutional
D. all of the above.

What is good about this?

I also thought terrorism was not a big issue, after all "Iran is a tiny country" so why have a civilian Army to protect us. Isn't there the Active duty, reserves, national guard, police, homeland security, border patrol. am i missing any? oh ya CIA, FBI, NSA.

Maybe all your Bush fears will come true with Obama. A Obama military!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What the h**l,

they are talking about "Obama's proposed youth corps"...

Aren't we getting scared yet....
I sure as h*ll am.......

YES WE CAN.........

mindcrime

[edit on 14/11/2008 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I don't understand why noone has concerns about this. Again they are about to have absolute power and can make this happen. What if you don't go? Fail? Go but, wont participate?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Wait there's even more....

AmeriCorps and Peace Corps and will create a new Classroom Corps to help teachers in under served schools, as well as a new Health Corps, Clean Energy Corps, and Veterans Corps.

Those are a lot of corps......

It would seem this new preisdent of yours has something to do for everybody......WE, THE PEOPLE......

mindcrime

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

And look at this thread, just me and you. It amazes me there is no concern about this.

18-25 go to 3-4 months of training and then required to give 50-100 hours of community service pre year. Huh, to me require those wanting there welfare check to do this. They need to learn about giving back and civic pride.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think I'll be getting my handgun license now.

What exactly the hell does he mean "Whether you'll be getting a train ride or a barrack"? He knows exactly what we are concerned about and tells us not to be since itll be a common experience?

I suppose the jews in the concentration camps shouldn't have been so worried, since it was a common jewish experience of the time.

[edit on 11/14/2008 by eNumbra]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Thank you i was waiting for someone to notice that "or a train ride""Common expierience" This is absolutely astonishing. And this is the individual put in place to back our new presidents plans.

And if getting a gun do it soon, prices for guns and ammo are skyrocketing. I wonder if the cival defence force will be trained in weaponry?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Emanuel said the planned requiring service "will give people a sense of what it means to be an American."

I just almost threw my monitor across my office.

This is what it feels like to be an American huh? Gotta love the freedom behind that.

[snip]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

This audio is incredible and i can't believe the MSM has not picked it up. Would the election results have changed if people knew this plan? And again where are the Obama folks?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
More Obama quotes...

We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded." (emphasis added)

"People of all ages, stations, and skills will be asked to serve."

"Because the future of our nation depends on the soldier at Fort Carson, but is also depends on the teacher in East LA, the nurse in Appalachia, the after-school worker in New Orleans..."

www.americanthinker.com...
Link to above qoutes

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The idea itself to get kids/young adult to do devote x amount of time to community service is a noble idea, hey, better than watching t.v. or playing video games all summer or on weekends. But, mandatory? There's no way this will fly. But, I've seen and heard many interpretations of what this program would actually do, and how it will actually work. So only time will tell how exactly this program will work.

50-100 hours isn't that bad. that's like 1-2 hours a weekend for 50 weekends. When it's broken down like that, it doesn't sound that bad.

The more and more I hear about it, the more and more it seems to move from community service to something else..

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

I wonder which groups will benefit from the free labor. It is easy to see why corporations gave so much money to Obama. They are also volunteering the elderly. Obama and Emanuel will run into trouble with the grey panthers.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I do not understand to much about your political system (being from Europe) but am i correct that every level of goverment is on the Obama side and every law they trie to pass will do so without obstruction...

If this is the case than this a more than concirning situation. some 60 years ago a very polulair man in Germany had the same idea on giving all it's citizens a civil duty. And everybody agreed. This man was truly loved by his people and most of them had no idea what the secret agenda was.

I certainly hope the amercan people will see the writting on the wall but as soon as they start taking kids out of their home for civil education i'm sure more will wake up.

Only question is if it won't be to late by then.....

mindcrime

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
So he wants people to do community service. WTF is wrong wiht that? Sounds like you are reading way too far into something that it's not. My high school had mandatory community service and it made me a better person to volunteer my time working in a hospital in the pediatrics section.

Nothing wrong with community service in my eyes. Not sure what you are seeing that is so scary.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
seems like theonly choice left is what to refer to america as..

The homeland?

The motherland?

The fatherland?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
What article did you guys read? I'm thoroughly confused about this reaction to a community service program. Explain it to me like I'm a five year old because I'm not seeing any reason to react so strongly and so negatively.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
This is how the Hitler-Youth movement started. Nice one. They at first didn't notice themselfs what was really going on. Wake up America. Do yourself a favour and fight those radicals hiding behind the puppet government that's being portrait. Start to beleive it, before it is too late.

link   
OK World Nut Daily for a start.

Secondly the audio clip iS very heavily edited, and in the part where he is going to say Baraks or at (home) the at home is cut out.

The details of this need to be looked at, if it means everyone in the US has to spend 3 months between the ages of 18-25 doing voluntary work in local charity hospitals, or if they can help in schools, clean up graffiti....

Well if they are gang banging anyhow, or unemployed, depending on certain parameters as mentioned below it is not a bad idea.

I have not read the proposed legislation though, so the specifics are very important indeed,

3 months at any time between 18-25... broken up? 1 month every year or two....

2 hours a week?

Or a choice to go and do 3 months instead in one place?.

Indeed the way World Nut Daily portray this it is very worrying but I will as shown above reserve my condemnation, which would viterol, all inclusive and very very loud if it is a kind of "Hitler Youth" of any type at all....

But in the mean time it may be a good idea... like said for hospitals, community work, staying at home, giving the coming 15% of unemployment or higher in the US education and references experience may not be a bad thing.

The important thing is the ability of the individual to tailor the service to their needs or likes and dislikes, to fit in with their and their families career and education and care needs...

Lets wait and see, I really cant see any type of forced 3 months in a camp ever being accepted in the US anyhow.

Elf.

link   
reply to post by Forest

Did you listen to the video? Giving back to the community i am all for, but 1-2 hours a week mandated, no way do we have the time for that. I already feel bad that my kids don't have enough time for themselves. And forced what if i as parent feel they need more time spent on schoolwork. And again what if you miss?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
the best indication you will have the oncoming time is how they will treat people who don't agree with Obama's ideas. If they are gonna be ridiculed or tried to be set aside then you will have a good idea of what will follow next.....

PS: the hitler jugend was also a civil duty for kids witch was looked upon at the time as a nice thing for kids to do, to help out and do their part for society.

mindcime

<<   2  3  4 >>

join