This is a must know. Scary re-education camps?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I meant as a compliment, You have it figured out more than most Americans. I meant keep on talking/going i'm with you.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

If you volunteer you don't get paid, if you get paid your employed, thus not volunteering. (sorry to everyone for my horrible spelling, they really need spell check here.) Personally i teach my kids to do whats right and needed, and i nor mommy nor anyone else needs to know because the good lord saw.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Forest

What parts do you question? I am talking about what was said more than what was answered.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
What the h**l,

These kids are being payed for voluntary work....

excuse me but isn't the entire point of voluntary work for kids for them to learn that it is good to do something for your surroundings without being rewarded for it.
Because that is the whole ethical point to it..... to learn not all work will be paid for with money but sometimes with gratitude.
If educating these kids is not the reason for this mandatory civil duty than i really don't understand anymore what the whole point is.....

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

Your kidding me right "Post something real" This is your flippin chief of staff. From his mouth not mine.

EDITED

Edited audio is proof of nothing.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by angel of lightangelo]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

I meant as a compliment, You have it figured out more than most Americans. I meant keep on talking/going i'm with you.

That was my understanding also.
Being a dad myself i can guarantee you that the only voluntary work my kids will be doing is out of free will

or unless i tell them to (wash the car etc.)........

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well somebody had mentioned Americorps and I'd never shared that experience with ATS. I volunteered 4 months, 40 hours a week and sometimes more. You just had to be there to see how little work these 2 americorps workers did in exchange for $8-10 an hour (30-40 hour weeks) and paid for college. But yes, we are on the subject of Brownshirts.

I agree, this is unprecedented and scary. My ideas on it sort of go off on a tangent, as usual. But it reminds me of Ron Pauls book and his talking about how income tax was a form of forced labor (as you spend half your year at work paying for the taxes). But this "mandatory service" IS nothing but forced labor! lol.

I figure the 18-25 bracket isn't making enough dough for their taxes to be worth it anymore, so the gov. will just go with the forced labor. Just like the military, people will join this for economic reasons as well.

I'm not really worried about 18-25 year olds as a military force though. Who's idea is that? They'd get bulldozed in a combat scenario... right? It just seems sort of ridiculous, and irresponsible to put "security demands" on a bunch of people right out of high school. I mean you have to have older people in there to lead them.

Sigh, I'm still 25. Maybe they'll put me in charge. I'm sure I'm an expert tactician.. sigh.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Novise]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

The gray panthers is a name given to a civil rights organization which represents the elderly. The elderly in America take their civil rights seriously.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
I'm not really worried about 18-25 year olds as a military force though. Who's idea is that? They'd get bulldozed in a combat scenario... right? ]

Maybe not, that in fact is a majority of the U.S. force. Although those brave young men VOLUNTEERED.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Exactly there is a big difference in someone who voulunteers for the military and some random young person 18-25. So a group of random 18-25 year olds would not be much of a force... at least I wouldn't think. The ones that join the military willingly and sign up for infantry class, yes I would definetly worry about them.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
There is not much more I can hear about Obama that doesn't surprise me any more. Scared? Hell yeah. Why? Because it hasn't even begun yet, just can't wait to see what other great ideas for change this goon has.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by anotherdad

So we are just going to ignore how suspicious this heavily edited audio clip is as the only proof of anything so far?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I take great pride in raising my three sons and i would like to think i've done a good job sofar.
I also teach them that you should make sure that at the end of the road you will have given more than you took. (basic ethics)
Now i can only hope they will live by these words but i am sure they will.

We don't have Military draft here but if we did i would try like h**l to prevend my boys from being drafted unless they wanted to join out off free will.

But if some goverment can't balance a f**king budget they are seriously mistaken if they think they can knock on my door to take my kids to solve a problem they had nothing to with in the first place......

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Key words "free will" Ihelp and do coach Baseball, basketball, soccer, etc. But i do so as my "free will" and i do feel the community benefits from that. I love doing it and have fun. Would not be much fun and the love would be lost if i was forced to.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by opal13

Here's the best idea i've come up with so far...

www.transitionsabroad.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by angel of lightangelo

Stop the Obama loving!!!! give me an example. The questions and answers, Take them away. Listen then to the comments. The comments don't concern you. How can those be constrewed? Stop defending and start listening.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

reply to post by opal13

Here's the best idea i've come up with so far...

www.transitionsabroad.com...

You think that moving to another country is gonna solve anything...

Believe me, it's just as insane over here but in a different way. And the influence of "your" new president doesn't end at your nations border. It won't be long before goverments over here follows your example. It has always been this way.
It may take a good couple of years but all trends in America finally end up here as well. So you see, i do have some concern in this....

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The Federal government simply does not have the power to force anyone to do anything like this.

What happens if you refuse?
Will Obama set up a force to hunt down people who refuse?
Will you face jail time? Fines?
How will 18-25 years old get there?
What happens if they are working and or going to school?

I'm all for community service, but forcing anyone to do anything will have a more negative effect then positive.

If this is legit I think barry just made a HUGE blunder.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
The Federal government simply does not have the power to force anyone to do anything like this.

What happens if you refuse?
Will Obama set up a force to hunt down people who refuse?
Will you face jail time? Fines?
How will 18-25 years old get there?
What happens if they are working and or going to school?

I'm all for community service, but forcing anyone to do anything will have a more negative effect then positive.

If this is legit I think barry just made a HUGE blunder.

What happens in your country when your refuse military draft...???

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Okay, I've been having this strange idea, bare with me. Apparently that "audio" clip was done in 2006 as the site claims. Which makes me wonder, how long has Obama's youth corps, community service program, or whatever you want to call it been around? When did he propose this idea? And if he did propose it in 08 or during his presidential run, how could Emanuel comment on it from 2006? Or is he picking up this idea from someone else?

Correct me if I'm wrong. Maybe I read something wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join