It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Gay Marriage Proponents Attack Elderly Woman

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I fail to see how that site links all those problems to homosexuals? Maybe you could quote whatever it is you are seeing and please provide me a quote that shows who the "historian" is who wrote this?

[edit on 13-11-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

sorry but the argument that some gay men are forced into, or feel forced into, or are living a lie as a result of peer pressure to be hetero, is easily reversed when the bulk of the social pressure is in the opposite direction. when the population at large, begins to agree with the trend, you'll see what i mean. provided we last that long as a nation. otherwise, how do you explain plato extolling the virtues of pederasty? grown men exclaiming how beautiful and erotic and sexually attractive the young male is. here's an example of chaste pederasty:

Plato was among the first to analyze and critique the traditions of male love current in their time, the fourth century BC. His works document the teachings of Socrates, who appears to have favored chaste pederastic relationships, marked by a balance between desire and self-control. He pointedly criticized purely physical infatuations, for example by mocking Critias' lust for Euthydemus by comparing his behavior towards the boy to that of a "a piglet scratching itself against a rock" (Xenophon, Memorabilia 1.2.29-30). That, however, did not prevent him from frequenting the boy brothels, from which he bought and freed his future friend and student, Phaedo,[3] nor from describing his erotic intoxication upon glimpsing the beautiful Charmides' naked body beneath his open tunic (Plato, Charmides 155c-e).

source
en.wikipedia.org...

their entire society was about men, male bodies, the worship of men, men men men, which is good, cause men ARE beautiful, but they thought women were only useful to give birth to more men!

not a very good exchange.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by undo]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The more I read and hear and see, the more I think most of you on all sides should be made to disappear; imagine a world without the self serving hypocrites that all of you are. Who amongst you has not lied, cheat, stolen, murdered or been a party to murder or simply turned your heads to not watch. How many of you have betrayed people who loved you, found pleasure in your sick desires.

I imagine a world with all but 10% of today's population; the NWO gone and those opposed to them...wow All but a few, a handful of people, good people, normal people.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yeah not making the connection here Undo.

The idea that if our Modern Society embraces homosexuality (which includes gay women!) it would inevitably evolve into a society where men are completely idolized above all things, adopt sleeping with teenage boys as a social norm, and abort female fetuses...

Calling this historical fact... is... absurd. And it also has about as much to do with homosexuality as the color red has to do with the devil.

[edit on 13-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   

You said that right. I took in my brother and his two children into my home because his wife at the time was on drugs and kept leaving for other men. I raised those kids as if they were my own for five years until my brother got himself together enough I gave them a place to live, food, clothing, helped with homework, I took them to the parks to play, changed diapers, made Dr. appointments, sat up with them while they were sick.

My brother moved in when my nephew was three months old. My niece was five. I still love those children as if they were my own.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

don't blame me. the trends in society repeat. they have a natural progression. china once killed off most of their females, many many years ago, and they just did it again, in the 21st century. somethings are just the way they are.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

It's not so much blaming as it is my diligence and loyalty to our Deny Ignorance moto.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
well then join me in denying ignorance by admitting that social pressures will make even very well educated people such as socrates and plato, extol the sexual eroticism of young boys. this has nothing to do with me saying our culture will devolve into pederasty but an example of how if something is pushed as the norm, no matter how unnatural or natural it may or may not seem to the rest of us, you can bet there's someone higher up, pushing it for a reason that may not be immediately obvious to those looking on.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
well then join me in denying ignorance by admitting that social pressures will make even very well educated people such as socrates and plato, extol the sexual eroticism of young boys.

Perhaps this is evidence that even geniuses cannot entirely escape the context of their times.

Social pressure? No I will not admit this. I don't see that necessarily being the case. Maybe, maybe not. I doubt though...

These are philosophers. Philosophers look at human decisions and they rationalize the nature and the morality of them. Of course they had their own understanding of the eroticism that was going on. That's what they do! They philosophize about the world around them. Philosopher's are not infallible either, even the really smart ones. They don't need pressure to be wrong. I can think of a couple philosophers that were not very moral

this has nothing to do with me saying our culture will devolve into pederasty

Good. I would hope you understood homosexuality a little better then that.

but an example of how if something is pushed as the norm, no matter how unnatural or natural it may or may not seem to the rest of us, you can bet there's someone higher up, pushing it for a reason that may not be immediately obvious to those looking on.

Okay so a higher power is pushing for the acceptance of homosexuality.

And some how you are attempting to positively connect those other things i.e pederasty, man worship, female fetus abortions... to homosexuality. I do not see any logic here. I don't even see the logic in connecting these things to homosexuality in that ancient Grecko-Roman time period. It's an illusory correlation.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
as you will note, that's not all they did. and they weren't the only ones. the whole of the ancient grecian world was into it. the point being, the movers and shakers promoted it and thus it became popularized and eventually normalized, which is what we've been discussing the last few pages. if the generation that disagrees with homosexual marriages dies off, the new generation will embrace it because it's been popularized in their formative years. it's been ingrained into their mindset in every possible social venue you can name, including promoting alternative lifestyles in the pubic school system, popular music and art, television and books.

that's one big push. the results will be quite similar to ancient greece. lots of homosexual and bisexual people, who folded under the social pressure. if it can happen to gays, it can happen to straits. no one is completely immune from social pressure, to state otherwise is just ignoring what's right in front of you and the very thing that is expected to fix the problem of "bigotry towards gays!"

and i will state again (don't make me repeat this again because i'll suspect you have no other point to make but to misdirect what i'm saying): THIS ISN'T ABOUT PEDERASTY, IT'S ABOUT HOW WELL EDUCATED MEN OF MOST OF THE UPPER ESCHELONS OF THE GRECIAN EMPIRE, BECAME PEDOPHILES BECAUSE IT WAS THE NORM. THE SAME THING CAN HAPPEN IN THE HOMOSEXUAL ARENA...NOT WITH PEDERASTY BUT SOCIAL PRESSURE FROM THE TOP DOWN, that causes normal, hetero people to feel pressured into alternate lifestyles.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I have to agree, I dont see the link.

I have quite a few gay friends, both males and females, and they are as normal and as contributing to society as straight people are.

They tell me that the biggest thing they wish could happen is the simple acceptance of their choice, and that they be treated like human beings and not subjects.

Now those numbnutz who crossed the line and attacked that elderly woman should be punished to the extent of the law. My gay friends heard about this and they too agree they should be punished. They also said that those who attack gay's just because they are gay, should also be punished.

There is no difference between the severity of the crime with the ones who attacked the elderly woman, and straights who attack gays. No difference at all.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Whoever wrote this article was afraid to even put their name as the writer... it only says "infowars." We all know Alex Jones is a closet right-winger who sensationalizes EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING. Please stop linking to his site... it should be banned just like Digg did.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

are you threatening me because i don't happen to think that the alternative lifestyle push is going to be a good thing for women?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
guys, i've worked very hard on this data, collected it for a couple years now. i'd appreciate it if you'd just acknowledge that i'm not totally stupid! good grief. you ask for historical references, i give them, and then they aren't good enough. i try to explain my position and it gets jacked over to some other thing i wasn't even saying, to make it look like something it's not.

i am not saying homosexuals threaten women, BTW! i'm saying those who's agenda it is to cull the population of the planet, treat women like cows, livestock, to be culled during hunting season so the rest of the population (men) can survive. alternative lifestyles are being pushed, simultaneously, also to keep the population low. problem is, there are still some groups out there, having children by the truck load! (it's a safe bet, these are the people scheduled to survive the culling). this is not my imagination as i have documented evidence, historical accounts, facts, figures and none of it is right wing. it's just the way it is.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Pederasty and homosexuality were not the down fall of the Romans or Greeks. You can have this opinion if you like but it does not correlate with facts; nor does your other claims that try to attach a terrible history to homosexuality with out any substantial evidence.

Homosexuals are men and women, you seem to forget that.

And I see no proof of these higher powers or their agenda being real or involved with this issue.

So sorry if we don’t jump on the band wagon, we’d have to be pretty thick to do so, no offense.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Your evidence sucks. homosexuality has to do with both men and women pursuing relationships with the same sex. This is not ancient greece nor will it ever become it. I don't even know why we're talking about pedophilia here, an acceptance of homosexuality will not lead to an acceptance of pedophilia. I don't know what the hell you're trying to prove with that crap.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

i didn't say it was the downfall of the romans! there you go trying to make my points say something they didn't. i said, THE GREEKS KILLED THEIR FEMALE CHILDREN BECAUSE THEY PREFERRED MEN as the whole of their society was pederastic. THIS preference for male children, IS THE SAME REASON THE CHINESE ARE KILLING THEIR FEMALE CHILDREN AND THE HINDUS, LIKEWISE. their cultures are/were patriarchal. add to that, the concept that men don't make more babies and women get the short end of the stick -- which in a population explosion would be seen as a necessary evil (witness the one child policy... you do realize their orphanges are mostly filled with girls that no one wants?). problem is, without women, your population dwindles after a generation. your normal armies become thin. what few men you do have form armies of their own. your country self-implodes.

maybe that's the plan. who knows. all i know is, there's always a reason beyond the obvious for the real big decisions the governments of the world make.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Okay so ultimately what you are saying is that embracing an acceptance and tolerance to homosexuality will lead to sexual fascism from the power elite?

Even if this was true, it does not directly have anything to do with homosexuality. Which is really the point I was trying to get across...

I have always respected your ability to research and your intelligence Undo. That's why I am a little baffled right now as to how you are making the connections you are..

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

THE GREEKS KILLED THEIR FEMALE CHILDREN BECAUSE THEY PREFERRED MEN

You say homosexuality will lead to our nation’s downfall, you then discussed Greeks, I thought you did so with Romans too (sorry), as an example of this. So far, I see none. Those actions were horrible, but they in no way prove homosexuality destroyed that society and that it will destroy others. Seems like you are not considering these people’s actions and their sexuality are two different things, you have yet to show how the sexuality is at fault, if it was would it not have led to the down fall of other cultures that embrace it? Another culture you listed did not “fall” because of homosexuality either.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by RFBurns

are you threatening me because i don't happen to think that the alternative lifestyle push is going to be a good thing for women?

Excuse me????

Please show me where I am making a threat to you.

Cheers!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join