It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

will President Bush be safe from killers after his term?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
He will be out of office and his FBI security will no longer be all over him. Will the Taliban or Alqida terrorists be gunning for him then? Or will some other mug with a grudge hunt him down? I tell you one thing i wouldn't want to be in his shoes on Jan 21st. I recently read a post on how long until obama is assassinated but i think its more likely Bush who has to watch his surroundings considering his low approval globally and how crazy these terrorists can be. I wonder if we have to use our tax bucks to keep him safe for the next few years with federal protection. Maybe we should relocate him like the witness protection agency and hide him out in Alaska.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Former Presidents and thier families have secret service protection for the rest of thier lives. Hillary and Chelsea Clinton still have secret service protection.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

That changed in 1997. Now a former president will only receive no more than 10 years of protection after they leave office. i don't know if it started with Clinton or if it starts with Bush But Bush will only have protection until 2019.
link

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
due to the nature of his Presidency and the Climate of the world i would imagine they need to beef it up if its not as large as when he is in the office. I doubt it normally would be so big but these are above ordinary times. Heck if i were him i'd hire some extra security and keep that little dog of his near by.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Considering that Bush and the terrorists are in league with each other I hardly think that is what Bush needs to be worrying about. Pissed-off, well informed Americans that haven't had the wool pulled over their eyes are the ones Bush should be worried about...

[edit on 9-11-2008 by edgecrusher2199]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

Cool good to know, I should think that with the WOT that 10 year deal is gonna become a thing of the past however. but maybe not...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
While bush has many enemies, the bottom line is this: He will be locked away in Crawford Ranch forever. He will have his secret service and he will probably have a private security force of his own to gaurd the ranch.. or maybe the gubberment will provide him with a littl emore security than the secret service offers??? i dunno the secret service is probably sufficiant.

So in response to the OP title: YES. Bush will be just fine.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The terrorists are not going to kill him he's done more to further their agenda than anyone else in the world including their own leaders ,there is no movement plotting against him in this country . I don't want any one to kill him ,I want him to hear the crickets singing every night in Crawford as people stay away from him in droves!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I say pop him in a Saddam Hussein style spider hole somewhere in Brooklyn. A-rabs will never find him there.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
All ex presidents have a small contigent of secret service agents that protect them..until they day they die.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Apparently The Decider will be retiring to Paraguay on a 100k acre ranch.

Two things to note when thinking about this:

1) Paraguay has no extradition treaties with anyone anywhere on the planet.

2) The US apparently was given the go ahead to set up a large military facility not too far from where Georgie Boy will be retiring by the Paraguayan Government.

And of course, aside from Secret Service protection detail, whats to say he won't be getting some major protection from his good buddies at Blackwater, or some other merc outfit his gang has aided/employed extensively?

I think it would be hilarious if a multinational outfit of people with vendettas were to chase him down there and x him out personally, but thats just me

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
WITH THE WHOLE STATE OF TEXAS BEHIND BUSH AND THE BUSH FAMILY THIS IS A JOKE, YOUD GET YOURSELF SHOT, QUED AND GONE!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
FBI Security team? You're silly. Bush is, as it's been pointed out by other, protected by the Secret Service they are in no way connected to the FBI. In fact I believe they are run by the treasury.

top topics

join