It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Either there is no god and no paranormal... or there are billions of good liars and dreamers

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

You just keep on going from one thing to another thing, and on and on.

I've posted enough to help you see Jesus for who He is.
I've posted enough so that you can ask Jesus to come live in your heart.
But, every time I point out the TRUTH you call me a liar.

Since you want to keep on arguing and arguing, and you just have to have the last word, I have no more to say or respond to you really.

The last things I need to say to YOU are these things ...

I LOVE YOU.
I CARE FOR YOU.
AND I AM PRAYING THAT YOU WILL RECEIVE JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR LORD, GOD, AND SAVIOR.

I'M PRAYING THAT YOU WILL CEASE FROM YOUR ANTICHRISTIAN ATTITUDE, AND THAT YOU WILL COME TO UNDERSTAND THAT WE WHO ARE CHRISTIANS LOVE EVERYONE INCLUDING YOU!

YOU WILL NEVER CONVINCE ME THAT YOUR POINT OF VIEW CONCERNING HOMOSEXUAL BEHAVIOR IS ACCEPTABLE OR RIGHT IN THE EYES OF CHRIST.

If, in some time, when you have come to ACCEPT and RECEIVE Jesus Christ into your heart please contact me.
You can find my contact info on my site.

MTLJBYR!
May The LORD JESUS Bless You Richly!

[edit on 11/30/2008 by SaintlyMic]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The bible drills alot of fear in people and it makes them think long and hard about their choices in life and right from wrong regarding their existence. But then again alot grew up blindly following their beliefs due to influence and customs.
Because these books tell them not to believe in such things as ghosts etc people will shun it and/or are afraid of the unknown and would rather not know about it.
Yes most people want to see and believe with their own eyes which does make it contradictory with regards to religion.
But dont forget alot off people are sheep and will follow their leader and ways of other human beings gestures. If one laughs at stories off bigfoot, others hwo may be vulnerable will hide their feeligns and laugh too and so on.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by meadowfairy]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
You have not given me truth and you have not given Gods truth, Its your responsibility to find out where you stand. Its not in Gods court. Its in Satan's court.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Or, another way of looking at this, is that there are a bunch of people in the world who believe things without evidence. That neatly covers both religious and paranormal aspects.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
Or, another way of looking at this, is that there are a bunch of people in the world who believe things without evidence. That neatly covers both religious and paranormal aspects.

As opposed to people who believe anything that hasn't come across their limited perspective is a lie and false?

Somethings won't really be believed until experienced.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
Somethings won't really be believed until experienced.

And many things won't be experienced until believed.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
"And many things won't be experienced until believed. "

I think the name "doubting Thomas" comes to mind. Good answer and very insightful.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

If you think personal experience proves anything religious or paranormal, you are delusional. Human perception is intrinsically flawed.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
maybe these "paranormal" events can be explained scientifically, we just don't know it yet..

maybe in another 50 years we will know.

[edit on 2/12/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Mabey its just the human makeup that is flawed, mabey were all just quacks and the aliens booted us here to keep our crazy azzz's away.

No seriously, I have witnessed my mother having a NDE that was OUT OF THIS WORLD. I am still trying to gather myself and my thoughts about it...it lasted for 9 hours. In just a couple minutes of our time, she was experiencing whole days, trips to Egypt and Petra, seeing things in the room when her eyes were open, but would travel or have visions while her eyes were closed. If she saw herself climbing something, her arms made motions of climbing. If she in her vision (or OBE) was eating something, she made the motions of eating. It was ever so real, crazy, awesome all in one and I will never doubt again that we know everything. I think we are still Babes in our understandings of this life.

Ive searched the internet and other stories about NDE. Ive found nothing compared to what I witnessed her telling me that day. She saw things that made her cry, smile and laugh...it was very real to her.

A personal experience can come before believing and believing can come before an experience. I do think we should be careful though, when trying to analyze why someone saw a vision or had an experience.

LV

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
We Don't Know The Truth!

Is the Bible fact, We don't know?

Are Ghosts real, We don't know?

All we can do is keep searching for the truth.

Just because one believes in something don't make it Fact or Real! We all have to Respect others belifes and views.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
The truth is made manifest to us by the King James Bible, the Holy Spirit and the ministry of Jesus Christ. Truth exists and there can be only one truth. The one truth is the word of God and this is passed to us by the Ministry of Jesus Christ and after the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. I've found truth as have millions. The truth is there but people make up their own and we don't have that power unless given to us by God himself.

for those that say we are God, God is within us, and so forth has yet to create their first universe or show it.......they are hoping for some evolutionary change to divintiy or whatever that is not going to come.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

Exactly, they're only paranormal because we don't understand them yet. Just as the sun and stars were seen as mystical thousands of years ago. We're at the point now where we don't need a god to explain our Universe. We do not have all the answers, but we are slowly finding them.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

If you think personal experience proves anything religious or paranormal, you are delusional. Human perception is intrinsically flawed.

And yet, your claims are subject to the same exact perception flaws, but we are supposed to believe for some reason you perception is the true one.

You simply take the safe route of whatever is proven is true. And there is nothing intelligent, enlightened or wise about that. It is about as close minded as you can get. Right up there with the same level of people who only believe what the bible says as truth. Different boxes - same level of thinking.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
BM, but you are making up your own cult hijacking Gods Holy Word, picking and choosing what you think is the right way and ignoring truth.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Its called mankind evolving away from a stale mate position that provides no growth for ones soul.

The spirit can guide and lead many without a book. I dont need a book to convince me of God, I need no material to know God. If Thee gave me all the answers already, then the idea of 'growth' for a soul is a lie.

We learn the most about God through experiences of life. Allowing things to humble you, allowing the bad things to teach you something, this is growth and learning. Your ways (the books ways) lead to more wars and separation. Cant you feel the Old Serpent smiling down on this very thought? I bet the demand for blood makes him drool.

Peace,
LV

[edit on 2-12-2008 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill
BM, but you are making up your own cult hijacking Gods Holy Word, picking and choosing what you think is the right way and ignoring truth.

Why thanks for your wonderful opinion.

www.answers.com...

Pharisee n.

1. A member of an ancient Jewish sect that emphasized strict interpretation and observance of the Mosaic law in both its oral and written form.
2. A hypocritically self-righteous person.

Bible Dictionary: Pharisees
Home > Library > Religion & Spirituality > Bible Dictionary
(far-uh-seez)

A group of teachers among the Jews at the time of Jesus; he frequently rebukes them in the Gospels for their hypocrisy. Jesus says they are like “the blind leading the blind,” or like “whited sepulchers, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.”

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Nice page...but it doesn't change the truth.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgambill
Nice page...but it doesn't change the truth.

Truth is meaningless without understanding. The entire reason Jesus had to come and fulfill and bring understanding to the commandments in the first place.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   

What's really ironic is I couldn't understand what you just wrote.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join