It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Either there is no god and no paranormal... or there are billions of good liars and dreamers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I don't get it...

billions of people on this earth believe in the bible. in god. in jesus. many other religions believe similar stories that vary.

these people believe it so much, they literally argue and argue and argue that its the truth until they cant breathe.

so my question is this. why is it so easy for everyone to believe the insane stories of the bible, these larger than life stories that in modern day would never ever seem to happen....

yet not many people believe in ghosts?

not many people believe in aliens?

not many people believe in other creatures such as bigfoot and chupacabra?

If we can believe the outrageous claims made in the bible, but we cant even believe a little ghost story...

what kind of hypocrites does that make us?

[edit on 6-11-2008 by calihan123]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I agree.

The thing is...
ghost and aliens are the real deal and the bible is fiction.
So they are not hypocrites, but IDiots.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123

yet not many people believe in ghosts?
its a phenomina what specifically casues it unsure

not many people believe in aliens?
not enough solid proof to fully believe but hypotetically possible

not many people believe in other creatures such as bigfoot and chupacabra?
chupacabra .. which one it seems to be 2 or 3 very different creatures all given the same name and very little proof for any of them besides bodies with little blood which could be already known predators, bigfoot we have small amounts of video and photo(mostly blobsquathces and usually useless) a whole bunch of testimony limited dna evidence, (blood hair samples registering as almost human but not quite)

If we can believe the outrageous claims made in the bible,
less proof then any of the above with the exception of the chupracabra they both have 0 and so have 0 merit for any possible musings on

what kind of hypocrites does that make us?
religeon is one big hypocracy havnt you noticed?

and remember its only paranormal until its proven and all the sillyness is cut away

[edit on 6/11/08 by noobfun]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Very large ones! I think the religions of the world were started by folks who had some kind of spiritual experience and felt the need to share it. Then, over time, things got out of hand....

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
[these people believe it so much, they literally argue and argue and argue that its the truth until they cant breathe.]

I would say the same thing about those who dont believe ...I dont see too many threads started by Christians who are trying to prove he exists as I do those trying to DISPROVE It ....

[so my question is this. why is it so easy for everyone to believe the insane stories of the bible, these larger than life stories that in modern day would never ever seem to happen....]

Why do so many believe the insane stories of a BIG BANG theory or Aliens created us theories ?Or even we came from a Monkey .....Evolution ...

[yet not many people believe in ghosts?]
There are so many posts about Ghosts I cant even count them ..And I do believe in Ghosts ...but I do not believe they are spirits of our beloved departed ones ..I believe they are fallen angels (evil angels) posing as our loved ones etc ....And the good ones may be angels from God .....so the use of the word Ghost is what I would not agree with .........

[not many people believe in aliens?]

I dont guess you read much then because the New Age Movement is HUGE ...possibly even bigger now than the Religious crowd.....And there are more Alien threads on here than any other subjects ....

[not many people believe in other creatures such as bigfoot and chupacabra?]

I personally believe that there very well could be strange creatures around that we have never actually seen yet ....I saw a bigfoot once in the California Mountains ..(My mother and I both watched a momma and baby run across the logging road we were on near the top of the Mountain ).
It was almost dark but not so much we could not see them because we almost ran them over ..they were HAIRY and they were APELIKE ....unless they were apes that escaped the zoo (which I think was unlikely since it was way out in the woods and about 5000 ft elevation)..............

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
To the above posts, the bible has never been proved to be real. Jesus was never proved to be a real man who existed. It is only stories. Just as people who claim paranormal things are only stories

so why do we choose to believe one over the other... when in my opinion the bible is full of thing that are much more un-believable than things that people claim to experience nowadays?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
and as far as there being just as many people who dont believe in the bible and god, as there are who do.. thats just a straight lie

there are very very few who dont believe in it in comparison to those who do. Aside from ATS, this is not the normal world. yes you might see it on threads in this site, people trying to disprove the bible..

but in comparison to the real world, outside of ats.. thats not the case

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I agree with everything you've said here.

And since ATS is stuffed to the gills with threads about aliens, ghosts, channelling, etc, I can only come to the conclusion that the OP is just another one of those people that you talked about......people seeking to DISPROVE God.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
im not disproving anything. im saying if we are willing to believe the outrageous claims made from the bible...

why dont we believe , rather believable, stories that have been claimed by millions about paranormal phenomena?

and for those who say "i believe in god because i feel his presence and or people have seen him or people have heard him"

... that sounds just like a ghost sounds to other people too.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Old Man

well we cant disprove god

he/she/it doesnt exist so its unprovable to not exist

but if the premise is god does exist then there must be proof and its your job as the beleivers to scurry around and find it ... and no the bible isnt proof beyond that you fall flat

we dont need to disprove just point and say prove it

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123
and for those who say "i believe in god because i feel his presence and or people have seen him or people have heard him"

... that sounds just like a ghost sounds to other people too.

id say more like paranoid delusional or schizophrenic ^_^

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Most religions have been around for cenuries. Maybe these other theorie just need a little more time.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
ok so your saying most people alive are paranoid, or delusional?

so everyone who believes in the bible is paranoid and delusional? because there are some pretty crazy claims in the bible

everyone who sees a spirit is delusional?

everyone who claims to have seen an alien is delusional?

.. i guess that mean humankind itself is delusional

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HERACAT

as have claims of aliens, as have spirits, as have claims of creatures...

its the same thing.

they have both been around for a long long time.

look at the mayan culture. look at the egyptians. they had hyroglyphics of monsters and aliens... these things have been around just as long if not longer than the bible.

these are no modern day tales

[edit on 6-11-2008 by calihan123]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Good points! Thanks for giving me something to ponder. This is why I come to ATS. Cheers!

link   
Good points! Thanks for giving me something to ponder. This is why I come to ATS. Cheers!

link   
It seems to me that there may be more evidence of UFO's and paranormal activity than there is about god.
The only evidence of god comes from the bible which may in fact be inspired by aliens and paranormal activity. And of course the bible was written by man, inspired by god, but what is the god they supposedly experienced?
I've personally experienced UFO and paranormal type stuff, but personally I have yet to experience anything that could be god.

There are all kinds of UFO and paranormal stuff on TV and the internet, but little subject material that says 'it's god'.

So that's my opinion.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

i have to agree. there is a lot of evidence that gives credibility to ghosts, aliens, anything along those lines. But there really isnt any evidence to substain the claims of the bible or god.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

maybe you should read my other posts above

do i think everyone is a paranoid delusional no, some of the above have some form of evidence to lead they may exist

do i think most religeous people suffer from a minor or major form of it .. yes

religeous people often feel persecuted despite always bieng the majority who infringes on others

they hear invisible people telling them what to do and what not to do, some of them go so far as to see amazing events no one else with them see

notice how this is all subjective and often not a shared experience like the other above phenomona

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i know speaking for myself, i dont personally believe in the bible or in god the same way as religion has taught us to.

however, it does make me wonder about it simply because ive experienced the paranormal, and i know how upset i get when people dont believe me.

but i dont believe in the bible, and i know how upset people get when i dont believe in it.

im just trying to figure out where the connection is. does everyone just make these things up out of dreams and a shizzo consious, or are these things really happening around us?

I know when i get scared for example, my heart starts to beat a little more, i start thinking im seeing things when im not, i start listening more carefull to see if i hear things moving or voices..

i know i can be paranoid too

but there are things i have witnessed that couldnt be explained by that. that genuinely happened.

so it just makes me wonder.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join