It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Either there is no god and no paranormal... or there are billions of good liars and dreamers

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tgambill

You argue with god to his face. You keep on that wide path where under your religion the rich man is claimed to get into heaven. I know better. I have given you truth, and you have denied it.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

By badmedia
I think it's possible you are just making excuses. I am not homosexual, I'm married. It's called love thy neighbor as thyself, and if you actually followed Jesus then you would not think someone was gay because they stand up for the rights of others, even if it's not a right they do not use.

So, again, you JUSTIFY the "rights" of the homosexual to practice homosexuality?
There is NOTHING in the Bible where doing the homosexual ACT is a "right".
You are badly mistaken.
Nowhere in the Bible does God say that it is "right" for the homosexual to practice DOING homosexuality.
You made that up from your own mind.

By SaintlyMic
I will pray for your deliverance from thinking that Christians somehow HATE homosexuals.
We do NOT hate homosexuals.
We LOVE homosexuals, but we HATE the ACT!
There is NOTHING that dictates that a Christian must accept the ACT of homosexuality.
We are only called to LOVE the person.
We are NOT called to LOVE the sin.

Get your facts right.

By badmedia
You can make all the claims you want. Anyone can say they do these things, but I know you by your fruits. You persecute the person when you try to take away their rights, or use their actions against the person. That is not hating the sin and not the person, that is hating the person because of the sin.

I do NOT hate the homosexual for practicing homosexuality.
Your words are slander, libel, and lies.
I DO hate the homosexual ACT because it IS a sin.
You continue to try to confuse the issue by trying to convince us that the homosexual ACT is somehow a privilege and a right, but it is NOT right!

By badmedia
Just as you ignorantly thought I might be gay for sticking up for someone else, as I hope would like for them to stick up for me, even if it's a right they may not use.

I did not IGNORANTLY suggest that you might be a homosexual.
Your defense for the so called "right" of the homosexual to do the homosexual ACT was plenty to make any TRUE Christian wonder whether you could quite possibly be a homosexual yourself.
I only suggested this because you defend the homosexual ACT as a "right" of the homosexual.
Now you defend YOURSELF by openly confessing that you are a NOT a homosexual.
Does it bother you for someone to think you could possibly be a homosexual?

By SaintlyMic
The scriptures you post show you ignore the TRUTH concerning being a Christian.

You MUST ask Jesus to come LIVE inside of you, and that is the path to Eternal Life.
In that LIFE you MUST leave the door open to Salvation for ALL people!
And, that is what a TRUE Christian does!

The Christian in no way is called by Christ to accept the sins of others as righteousness.
And, that is exactly what YOU ask every Christian to do!

By badmedia
I speak nothing but the truth. I got my understandings directly from god and the holy spirit uncorrupted.

Since you want to focus on gay people. Which commandment are gay people breaking? And which commandment are you breaking by persecuting them, and putting yourself over them?

First of all, I have neither persecuted the homosexual, and I have NOT put "myself" over them.
And, my focus is not at all on homosexuals.
I am responding to your NOTION that Christians somehow HATE homosexuals because we will not accept the homosexual ACT as righteousness.

And, why don't you tell ME which commandment I have broken by resisting your notion that Christians must accept homosexuality as the right thing to do.
You say a person should DO what is right if they are a TRUE follower of Christ, but here you are trying to justify homosexuality as if somehow homosexuality is the right thing to do.

What YOU are DOING is NOT right.
What you are doing is in fact the very thing Jesus is against!

The scriptures you want are in the next post.
Will you DO what Jesus tells you to DO, or are YOU going to continue to DO the wrong thing and say that homosexuality is right?

CONTINUED ...

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

By badmedia
I think it's possible you are just making excuses. I am not homosexual, I'm married. It's called love thy neighbor as thyself, and if you actually "FOLLOWED" Jesus then you would not think someone was gay because they stand up for the "RIGHTS" of others, even if it's not a "RIGHT" they do not use.

Which commandment are gay people breaking?

The "QUOTES" I added to your post are for EMPHASIS.

Below are the scriptures you asked me to provide proving Jesus does NOT want us to DO the homosexual ACT:

Gen 18:19 For I (GOD) know him (Abraham), that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall KEEP the way of the LORD, to DO justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

Gen 18:20 And the LORD said, Because the CRY of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their SIN is very grievous;
Gen 18:21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the CRY of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

Gen 19:1 And there came two ANGELS to Sodom at even; and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom: and Lot seeing them rose up to meet them; and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
Gen 19:2 And he (Lot) said, Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant's house, and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early, and go on your ways. And they said, Nay; but we will abide in the street all night.
Gen 19:3 And he (Lot) pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.
Gen 19:4 But before they lay down, the MEN of the city, even the MEN of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, ALL THE PEOPLE from every quarter:

Gen 19:5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men (the angels) which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may KNOW them.
Gen 19:6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
Gen 19:7 And said, I pray you, brethren, DO not so WICKEDLY.

Gen 19:8 Behold now, I (Lot) have two daughters which have not KNOWN man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and DO ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men DO nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.
Gen 19:9 And they (the sodomites) said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a JUDGE: now will we DEAL worse with thee, than with them (the angels). And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door.
Gen 19:10 But the men (the angels) put forth their hand, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut to the door.
Gen 19:11 And they (the angels) smote the men (the sodomites) that were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door.
Gen 19:12 And the men said unto Lot, Hast thou here any besides? son in law, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whatsoever thou hast in the city, bring them out of this place:
Gen 19:13 For we will destroy this place, because the CRY of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it.

Gen 19:24 Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;
Gen 19:25 And he overthrew those cities, and all the plain, and all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew upon the ground.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Notice that what the sodomites wanted to DO was a SIN.
To KNOW, or to want to KNOW someone, as is spoken of in the Bible, is to want to have sexual relations with them.

So, just from THIS SCRIPTURE we see men DOING that which is WRONG!

CONTINUED ...

[edit on 11/29/2008 by SaintlyMic]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
CONTINUED ...

Here is more scripture showing that it is an ABOMINATION for a MAN to lie down (have sexual relations) with another MAN the same way that a MAN would lie down with a WOMAN.

Lev 18:22 Thou (MEN) shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Lev 18:24 Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:
Lev 18:25 And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.
Lev 18:26 Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these ABOMINATIONS; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:

Lev 18:27 (For all these ABOMINATIONS have the MEN of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled)

Lev 18:28 That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.
Lev 18:29 FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL COMMIT ANY OF THESE ABOMINATIONS, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.
Lev 18:30 Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, THAT YE COMMIT NOT ANY ONE OF THESE ABOMINABLE CUSTOMS, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.

There is a vast difference between COMMITTING SIN, which can be forgiven by the shedding of blood, and of COMMITTING ABOMINATIONS which brings about DEATH.

Anyone who COMMITS an Abomination is called by God to kill them, concerning the Law.
But, since Jesus died for ALL sin (abominations included), except for the sin of Blaspheme against Jesus' Holy Spirit, we are ALL called to also forgive those who COMMIT ABOMINATIONS!

TRUE Christians DO FORGIVE people for their sins!
But this does NOT mean that we have to accept their SIN as RIGHTEOUSNESS or a "RIGHT" that the person DOING the sin is justified in receiving.
Quite the CONTRARY!
The sinner has no "RIGHT" or "JUSTIFICATION" in doing sin, just as the above scripture indicates.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to UNCLEANNESS through the LUSTS of THEIR OWN HEARTS, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto VILE AFFECTIONS: for even their WOMEN did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the MEN, leaving the natural use of the woman, BURNED IN THEIR LUST ONE TOWARD ANOTHER; MEN WITH MEN working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their ERROR which was meet.

Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
Rom 1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, WITHOUT NATURAL AFFECTION, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, THAT THEY WHICH COMMIT SUCH THINGS ARE WORTHY OF DEATH, not only do the same, BUT HAVE PLEASURE IN THEM THAT DO THEM.

As you can CLEARLY see here it is WRONG for someone to practice homosexuality!
It is even WRONG for someone to SAY it is right to DO the ACT of homosexuality!

But, remember, JESUS AND I FORGIVE those who practice and DO homosexuality!

Does this mean that it is OK or RIGHT to keep DOING and AGREEING with homosexuality?
NO!
A person must CEASE DOING that which is WRONG!

Invite Jesus to come and CHANGE you TODAY!

[edit on 11/29/2008 by SaintlyMic]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

By badmedia
The TRUE christian as you put is the one who follows the example of Christ. Jesus says walk the narrow path, you and the church offer the wide path, where you just have to "accept" this thing, and then you are saved and forgiven for anything you do. When the rich man comes to Jesus, does Jesus tell the rich man this is what he must do? No, he tells the rich man he must give his riches to the poor and walk the path. According to the church, all the rich man needs to do is accept Jesus and then he will be forgiven and can do whatever. How ridiculous.

You don't know Jesus. When someone actually talks about the things Jesus taught people, or actually starts walking that path - it scares people like you to death. To the point where you denounce that person, and try to beat them back down to your level.

I'm not SCARED of gays!

Since when do I walk the "WIDE PATH"?
What "WIDE PATH" are you referring to?

Do you honestly think Christians believe it is ok to SIN?
If so, you are WRONG!
Not one TRUE Christian believes that it is right to sin.

Scripture clearly tells us that "IF WE SHOULD SIN" that we have an ADVOCATE with the Father, who will forgive us for any sins we MIGHT commit.
We NEVER say that it is right or ok to sin just because we are Born Again by the Blood of Jesus Christ!
Quite the contrary!
WE HATE SIN, AND WE HATE IT IF WE FIND OUR SELVES DOING IT!

Do you honestly think that anyone other than Jesus is going to walk as perfect as Jesus?
Be careful how you answer that!
You already CONFESSED to enjoy supporting the homosexual ACT!
You already CONFESSED you support homosexuals to be able to keep doing the ACT!
My previous posts CLEARLY SHOW that what YOU ARE DOING is sin and an abomination!

The truth is none of us are as perfect as God.
If we were we would not need Jesus to forgive us of our sins!

Thank God He forgives us IF we should sin, and not only that, Jesus teaches us how to stop doing those sins we find ourselves trapped doing!

At least TRUE Christians acknowledge that they are not perfect!
You try to make us believe that you follow Jesus, but you do not even read the book He inspired for us to read!
Jesus gave us the Bible and if you honestly follow after Jesus you will read the book Jesus has given to us!

Here is scripture showing the TRUTH of what I just told you!

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. AND IF ANY MAN SIN, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jn 2:5 But whoso keepeth his WORD, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
1Jn 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

1Jn 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the WORD which ye have heard from the beginning.

1Jn 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

1Jn 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
1Jn 2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
1Jn 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

You speak HATEFUL WORDS toward those of us who show you the truth that homosexuality is a sin and is wrong!
YOU ACTUALLY HATE US AND ACCUSE US OF LIES!

I am PRAYING FOR YOU that you will ask Jesus to come and LIVE IN YOU!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You were the one who accused me of being gay. Because if someone doesn't tell gay people they are wrong, they must be gay. You show your own biases towards your other men. Even here you tried to hint that I was gay as a way of trying to attack my credibility. You say you hate the sin and not the sinner, but here was a clear cut case of you trying to attribute sin(basically bear false witness) to the person as a personal attack.

If you hated the sin and not the sinner, you would have had no reason to try and pin that on me.

And you still have not shown me where it is against an actual commandment.

I do not tell people they should be gay, I tell you that you should love thy neighbor as thyself. That you should not throw stones at them, that you should allow them the same basic rights you want for yourself.

If you loved them as thyself, you would afford them the same respect and freedoms you enjoy.

When you try to tell them what to do, then you can only do that by taking authority over them. Which is not loving them as you love yourself.

There is nothing you can say that justifies breaking a commandment. The only thing you can do is realize it is wrong, understand how and why you broke it and don't do it anymore, at which point you are forgiven. You can make 100 posts trying to justify how you are loving they neighbor as thyself while treating them worse than how you expect and want to be treated, but it is just a bunch of excuses. You quote the old testament and not the words of Jesus.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

By badmedia
You were the one who accused me of being gay. Because if someone doesn't tell gay people they are wrong, they must be gay. You show your own biases towards your other men. Even here you tried to hint that I was gay as a way of trying to attack my credibility. You say you hate the sin and not the sinner, but here was a clear cut case of you trying to attribute sin(basically bear false witness) to the person as a personal attack.

I never CALLED you gay.
I never even said you WERE gay.
I notice that you did not quote me saying that.
I GUESS you would like others who have NOT read the previous posts to THINK I called you gay or said you WERE gay.
Here is what I said:

By SaintlyMic
After reading your posts I believe there is something about you that you have not confessed.
Or, maybe you have, but I missed it somewhere?

I THINK it is POSSIBLE you must be a homosexual.
You do seem to defend homosexuality with great fervor!

I did not IGNORANTLY suggest that you might be a homosexual.
Your defense for the so called "right" of the homosexual to do the homosexual ACT was plenty to make any TRUE Christian wonder whether you could quite possibly be a homosexual yourself.

I only suggested this because you defend the homosexual ACT as a "right" of the homosexual.
Now you defend YOURSELF by openly confessing that you are a NOT a homosexual.
Does it BOTHER YOU for someone to think you could POSSIBLY be a homosexual?

First of all, I have neither persecuted the homosexual, and I have NOT put "myself" over them.
And, my focus is not at all on homosexuals.
I am responding to your NOTION that Christians somehow HATE homosexuals because we will not ACCEPT the homosexual ACT as righteousness.

Now notice how I worded everything.
I did NOT personally ATTACK you in no way whatsoever!
I did NOT come right out and CALL you a homosexual.
I did NOT say you WERE gay either.

NOTICE AGAIN, for the THIRD TIME, that I said, I THINK IT IS POSSIBLE that you must be a homosexual.

I NEVER SAID, "you ARE a homosexual".

I said, "I THINK", meaning I do not KNOW whether you are a homosexual.
I also then said, "IT IS POSSIBLE", meaning that there is the POSSIBILITY that you are NOT a homosexual.

WHY SHOULD YOU EVEN CARE IF SOMEONE DID ACTUALLY CALL YOU A HOMOSEXUAL?

By YOUR definition of a person who LOVES a homosexual a person should OPENLY and COMPLETELY DEFEND AND ACCEPT homosexual BEHAVIOR.
By YOUR definition of "LOVE" a person would not say that homosexual behavior is wrong because it would IMPEDE UPON the "RIGHTS" of a homosexual to DO as they want to DO.

That being the case, BY YOUR OWN DEFINITION, you should not in ANY WAY be offended IF someone ACCIDENTALLY, or maybe even PURPOSEFULLY, called you a homosexual or gay.

Your OFFENSE and your CLAIMING to be HURT for someone simply POINTING OUT that you COULD quite POSSIBLY be a homosexual, is PROOF THAT YOU DO NOT SUPPORT THE ACT OF HOMOSEXUALITY!!!

You yourself find homosexuality so terrible that if someone even just HINTED that you could be gay that you become OFFENDED!!!

You are showing your TRUE COLORS!
(No pun intended!)

You WANT to try to stand up for the so called "RIGHTS" of the homosexual IN ONE BREATH, and then IN THE NEXT BREATH you are ASHAMED of being associated as a homosexual!

You are a HYPOCRITE!
You want to defend the rights of others in one breath, but in the next breath you are APPALLED and OFFENDED when someone might think you are like those you SUPPOSEDLY DEFEND!!!

You are showing EVERYONE in this thread and on ATS just how you are INCONSISTENT!

You bated this homosexual conversation YOURSELF, and you have fallen into your OWN TRAP!
You cannot even see just exactly what you are doing!
You say it is fine and ok for them to DO it, but don't ever associate YOU with it!

I LOVE everyone, and I LOVE IT when the TRUTH shines through!

If you TRULY and HONESTLY, BY YOUR DEFINITION, LOVE homosexuals, why do you say I am attacking you?

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

By badmedia
If you hated the sin and not the sinner, you would have had no reason to try and pin that on me.

And you still have not shown me where it is against an actual commandment.

I do not tell people they should be gay, I tell you that you should love thy neighbor as thyself. That you should not throw stones at them, that you should allow them the same basic rights you want for yourself.

If you loved them as thyself, you would afford them the same respect and freedoms you enjoy.

When you try to tell them what to do, then you can only do that by taking authority over them. Which is not loving them as you love yourself.

As I said in the post before this one...
I DID NOT CALL YOU A HOMOSEXUAL!
So, stop lying so that everyone might believe you that poor little you is hurt.
Stop trying to act like you are OFFENDED, because I NEVER called you gay!
I said I THINK it is POSSIBLE you could be gay!

OK, so you will not accept the scriptures I have given you and given everyone else here.
For EVERYONE'S BENEFIT, here are the scriptures again:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here are just parts of those scriptures if you don't want to read the entire scriptures for yourself.
Notice that the scriptures encompass the OLD and the NEW TESTAMENTS.

Gen 19:4 But before they lay down, the MEN of the city, even the MEN of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, ALL THE PEOPLE from every quarter:
Gen 19:5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men (the angels) which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may KNOW them.
Gen 19:6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,
Gen 19:7 And said, I pray you, brethren, DO not so WICKEDLY.

Lev 18:22 Thou (MEN) shalt not lie with MANKIND, as with womankind: IT IS AN ABOMINATION.
Lev 18:27 (For all these ABOMINATIONS have the MEN of the land done, which were before you, and the land is DEFILED)
Lev 18:29 FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL COMMIT ANY OF THESE ABOMINATIONS, even the souls that COMMIT THEM shall be cut off from among their people.
Lev 18:30 Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, THAT YE COMMIT NOT ANY ONE OF THESE ABOMINABLE CUSTOMS, which were COMMITTED before you, and that ye DEFILE NOT YOURSELVES therein: I am the LORD your God.

Rom 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to UNCLEANNESS through the LUSTS of THEIR OWN HEARTS, to DISHONOUR THEIR OWN BODIES between themselves:
Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto VILE AFFECTIONS: for even their WOMEN did change the NATURAL USE into that which is against nature:
Rom 1:27 And likewise also the MEN, leaving the natural use of the woman, BURNED IN THEIR LUST ONE TOWARD ANOTHER; MEN WITH MEN working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their ERROR which was meet.
Rom 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
Rom 1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, WITHOUT NATURAL AFFECTION, implacable, unmerciful:
Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, THAT THEY WHICH COMMIT SUCH THINGS ARE WORTHY OF DEATH, not only do the same, BUT HAVE PLEASURE IN THEM THAT DO THEM.

Notice that the ACT of homosexuality or the homosexual behavior is an ABOMINATION.
I am NOT the one who has said this.
I quoted what Jesus Christ has told us.
Since Jesus Christ is God Almighty everything written in the scriptures is Jesus Christ talking to us.
Therefore, if you TRULY follow Jesus you will OBEY HIM!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

By badmedia
There is nothing you can say that justifies breaking a commandment. The only thing you can do is realize it is wrong, understand how and why you broke it and don't do it anymore, at which point you are forgiven. You can make 100 posts trying to justify how you are loving they neighbor as thyself while treating them worse than how you expect and want to be treated, but it is just a bunch of excuses. You quote the old testament and not the words of Jesus.

Oh, really!
Since when did I ever CLAIM to HATE the homosexuals?
Again, you are using a double forked tongue.

ALL sin is forgiven, except the sin of Blaspheming Jesus Christ's Holy Spirit.
If you die rejecting the BLOOD Jesus Christ shed for your sins you will have committed THE ONLY UNFORGIVABLE SIN!

When a person receives Jesus Christ's Mind and Spirit into their Mind and Heart they have become a NEW CREATURE.

Behold, ALL things are NEW, and the OLD THINGS are passed away.
That means that if you TRULY and HONESTLY accept Jesus Christ INTO YOUR MIND AND HEART that you will become a New Creature.

As a New Creature you will believe what Jesus has told us in both the NEW and the OLD testaments.
You will KNOW that Jesus Christ is both the Son of God and God Almighty!
You will KNOW that Jesus Christ is the WORD, and that when you read the scriptures that every scripture points to Him Who is THE WORD OF GOD!

Loving your neighbor as thyself in no way means that you must accept the ILLEGAL and IMMORAL behavior of those who want to commit sins!
ILLEGAL, because when you COMMIT SEXUAL ABOMINATIONS against God's Law and God's Desires you are not walking right in the eyes of Jesus Christ.
IMMORAL, because it is WRONG to commit these ABOMINATIONS.

I have given you plenty of TRUTH.
It is now up to YOU to RECEIVE the TRUTH.

If you DENY that TRUTH, then you are not following the wisdom of Jesus' Words that He has given us IN HIS SCRIPTURES.

Say what you want, badmedia, but what you ask every Christian to do is AGAINST JESUS' DESIRES!

You yourself should practice what YOU teach!
You say that we must accept the "RIGHTS" of the homosexual by ACCEPTING homosexual behavior.
You say that if we honestly LOVED the homosexual that we would accept homosexual behavior.

Then, in the same breath you are easily offended, hurt, and appalled when anyone just simply IMPLIES that you COULD BE a homosexual.
You are trying to live a double standard.

You say you LOVE the homosexual, but at the same time you HATE to be called a homosexual.
By your own standards you have BROKEN your own LAW!

You say Christians should ACCEPT the "RIGHTS" of a homosexual to DO as they DESIRE, and if we don't then the Christian is showing that they HATE the homosexual.
But, what YOU are actually saying is YOU HATE the Christian for not accepting the rights of a homosexual to DO as they WISH.
You are then GUILTY of the very crime you say Christians are committing.

You have written and proven without a shadow of a doubt that you are a mixed up individual.
You say one thing, then you denounce what you say.
Then you accuse the Christians for HATING, when you yourself Hate the very ones you ACCUSE of hating!
You speak hateful WORDS toward Christians.
You falsely accuse Christians for hating people when we have pointed out OVER AND OVER that we INDEED DO NOT HATE the homosexuals.

Again, we LOVE the homosexual, but as God desires, we hate the sin!
Please stop falsely accusing us of HATING someone when we have on many occasions told you that we LOVE them!

I LOVE YOU AND I CARE FOR YOU!
I PRAY TO JESUS CHRIST THAT YOU WILL STOP HATING US AND THAT YOU WILL BEGIN TO START LOVING US FOR WHO WE ARE!
AND, WHO WE ARE IS IN NO WAY HATEFUL NOR ABOMINABLE IN THE EYES OF JESUS CHRIST!

Please come to terms with your double standards, because what you are displaying is the WAY a Lukewarm Christian would be.
A Lukewarm Christian tries to stand on both sides of the fence of good and evil.
I PRAY YOU COME TO JESUS!

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'm honestly not even going to take the time to read what you've posted. There is absolutely nothing you can say that makes your opinion right or justified.

You say you did not accuse me of being gay. Fine, you brought up the possibility that I was gay, and that you thought it was possible in me. Not because you ever seen me as such, not because I ever hinted as such, but only because I went against your beliefs on the subject.

There was absolutely no reason for you to bring up the possibility in the first place. You claim to hate the sin and not the person, but for some reason in this case you looked - even if you just said it was possible - for a way of pinning sin to the person as a way of attacking the person.

You did not just talk about if being gay was right or wrong, you directly wanted to put sin on a person. You have shown your true colors.

If I had said I was gay, then you would have been all over me and using what you considered to be sin as a way to persecute and make my words invalid.

You say you hate the sin and not the sinner, but in reality you use the sin as a way of persecuting the sinner. You have proven it.

You can say what you want, I know you by your fruits/actions. I am not blind, I have no fear and you are only lying to yourself.

[edit on 29-11-2008 by badmedia]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

only thing you haven't done........................have you EVER asked God out right on your knees in earnest if he was real.. and if so ..

did you EVER tell him that if he made himself real to you, that you would serve him the rest of your life??

If you haven't, then how can you say God is dead and the bible is hearsay?... you know, why not have some intestinal fortitude and....

ASK!

Problem is, that most people won't, because they just can't come to grips with reality that God is LOVE, and He's for them, not against them. So, not until they get over that one hurdle, they will always be a skeptic; until they have a personal experience.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Which is why the Bible is an archaic, primitive thing that needs an upgrade in human rights. And this is a non-practicing Catholic, then a Protestant talking who's read the whole thing, and understood the credos of the various denominations, and their differences, and read dry dusty theologian books to try and have my questions answered. But I do have a faith in the real God, sadly She is not reflected in that dusty old book you've quoted from. When you are standing in someone's presence, whatever their sexual orientation, which they are born with, you are standing in the Presence of your Creator. Now, they may be doing things that are idealistic and kind, or operating from lower mechanisms, but, their God is in them, and is them, and you must never judge them, rather be as helpful and caring as you can, but keep yourself safe if they're a danger to you of course. That book isn't as real as the true church, which is the world, and all its people are your brothers, including those born with different sexual preferences. Wake up.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

religious people are the biggest hypocrites of the world....if you believe there is an invisible magic man living in the sky you dispel all logic and reason and can not be skeptical about ANYTHING anymore....

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
All religions need an upgrade, the stuff written thousands of years ago are not applicable to our greater understanding today. This gay bashing, is reminiscent of Sharia Law, and they have far worse punishments, stoning, blinding people with acid, beheadings. Truly the dark ages are over. We all need to get a real heart and join a civilized world.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

By badmedia
I'm honestly not even going to take the time to read what you've posted. There is absolutely nothing you can say that makes your opinion right or justified.

Of course you are not going to read what I posted.
By admitting that you are saying that you don't give a darn what I say.
By saying that you yourself have broken YOUR OWN IDEA of the law of LOVE!

By badmedia
You say you did not accuse me of being gay. Fine, you brought up the possibility that I was gay, and that you thought it was possible in me. Not because you ever seen me as such, not because I ever hinted as such, but only because I went against your beliefs on the subject.

Again, I posted scripture YOU ASKED FOR, but as you admitted, you don't even want to take the time to read it!
Whose HATE is more evident?
The HATE you say I have for homosexuals (which I have denied) or the HATE you have for me?
You won't even read what is for YOUR benefit!

Your own ACTIONS and WORDS are against you!
Nothing I have said CONDEMNS YOU.
You CONDEMN YOURSELF by what you have said!

Scripture tells us that if you AGREE with sin that you are just as GUILTY of DOING THE SIN!

Here is PROOF!!!

You have PLEASURE IN THEM THAT DO THE SINS!
How can I say THAT?
Because you AGREE with their sin!
It is the same thing!

By badmedia
There was absolutely no reason for you to bring up the possibility in the first place. You claim to hate the sin and not the person, but for some reason in this case you looked - even if you just said it was possible - for a way of pinning sin to the person as a way of attacking the person.

Again, I did not attack you in ANY way.
And, I did NOT "pin" any sin on you that you are NOT doing yourself.
The sin you are guilty of is falsely accusing me of HATING homosexuals.
You are also guilty of HATING me for not accepting homosexual behavior as a "right" of the homosexual.

By badmedia
You did not just talk about if being gay was right or wrong, you directly wanted to put sin on a person. You have shown your true colors.

If I had said I was gay, then you would have been all over me and using what you considered to be sin as a way to persecute and make my words invalid.

You say you hate the sin and not the sinner, but in reality you use the sin as a way of persecuting the sinner. You have proven it.

You can say what you want, I know you by your fruits/actions. I am not blind, I have no fear and you are only lying to yourself.

Again, I NEVER called you gay, nor did I say you WERE a homosexual.

And, you FALSELY ACCUSE me of PLOTTING to try to trip you up.
You tripped yourself up and fell in your own trap by saying you LOVE the homosexual but you hate to be associated with BEING a homosexual.

The sinner is persecuted by their own sins they commit.
I haven't persecuted ANYONE!
Jesus told us what is right and what is wrong.
If a person so CHOOSES to do wrong then it is THEM that have brought PERSECUTION on THEMSELVES!

How in the world am I lying to MYSELF?
You are falsely accusing me AGAIN!

I KNOW IN WHOM I BELIEVE IN, AND I BELIEVE JESUS WITH ALL MY MIND, MY HEART, MY SOUL, AND MY BODY!

Did you read that closely?
I SAID I BELIEVE IN JESUS WITH MY BODY!
I BELIEVE JESUS WITH MY WHOLE HEART!
I BELIEVE JESUS WITH MY WHOLE SOUL!
I BELIEVE JESUS WITH MY WHOLE MIND!

Do you?

[edit on 11/30/2008 by SaintlyMic]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Which is why the Bible is an archaic, primitive thing that needs an upgrade in human rights. And this is a non-practicing Catholic, then a Protestant talking who's read the whole thing, and understood the credos of the various denominations, and their differences, and read dry dusty theologian books to try and have my questions answered. But I do have a faith in the real God, sadly She is not reflected in that dusty old book you've quoted from. When you are standing in someone's presence, whatever their sexual orientation, which they are born with, you are standing in the Presence of your Creator. Now, they may be doing things that are idealistic and kind, or operating from lower mechanisms, but, their God is in them, and is them, and you must never judge them, rather be as helpful and caring as you can, but keep yourself safe if they're a danger to you of course. That book isn't as real as the true church, which is the world, and all its people are your brothers, including those born with different sexual preferences. Wake up.

Why don't you read all my posts in this thread?
In fact, why don't you go to my profile and read ALL my ATS posts?

Not once have I EVER said I HATE anyone.
As a matter of fact I LOVE EVERYONE, but there is NOTHING Jesus has said where I have to ACCEPT homosexual behavior to show I LOVE the homosexual.

People are NOT born homosexual.
People are NOT born DOING homosexual behavior.
People CHOOSE to practice homosexual behavior.

And since when is it HATEFUL to hate that which is an ABOMINATION in the eyes of Jesus Christ?
Do you really think I'm worried about people who reject that which is RIGHT?

I CARE FOR ALL PEOPLE!
I LOVE ALL PEOPLE!
I PRAY FOR ALL PEOPLE!

Apparently you could care less about Christians as myself.
Is that what your god teaches you?
Does she tell you to speak defiantly towards Christians?

Well, my GOD tells me to LOVE you.
HE tells me HE LOVES YOU!

He already has proven HE is a HE by the fact that he came to this earth as a MAN and not as a WOMAN!
But, you don't care, you obviously don't want to accept that TRUTH for yourself!

Jesus is the WORD OF GOD, and the WORD OF GOD is God Almighty!
Jesus is THE TRUTH!
Jesus is THE WAY!
Jesus is THE LIFE!

Please come to HIM today, and accept His sacrifice for you!
He desires more than ANYTHING that you be SET FREE from ideas that you are somehow god yourself, or that ANY HUMAN can be god themselves!

Jesus is God Almighty, and He desires that you come to Him and let Him lead you to Eternal Life!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

All religions need an upgrade, the stuff written thousands of years ago are not applicable to our greater understanding today. This gay bashing, is reminiscent of Sharia Law, and they have far worse punishments, stoning, blinding people with acid, beheadings. Truly the dark ages are over. We all need to get a real heart and join a civilized world.

Honestly, you do not speak as one who is very civilized!
I mean, honestly, do you really think that it's "gay bashing" to reject homosexual behavior as the right thing to do?

If you do, you are Christian Bashing!
You try to ask Christians to ACCEPT that which Jesus tells them to NOT accept!
You ask Christians to DENY CHRIST and RECEIVE homosexual behavior!

If you are going to be civilized, then you should also ACCEPT those of us who are Christians FOR WHO WE ARE, just as much as you ACCEPT homosexuals for who they are!

Your own STANDARDS and BELIEFS deny the very "rights" to Christians that you offer homosexuals.
Why are you like that?

You should give EVERYONE the right to be THEMSELVES!
I am a Christian, therefore you should ACCEPT ME for who and what I am just as much as you ACCEPT homosexuals for who and what they are.

YOU BREAK YOUR OWN LAW OF LOVE!

I love you.
Don't you love me?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Oh yes they are born homosexual. The brains of male homosexuals are like womens, and vice versa for lesbians. There are many differences. And, if you've ever been around them, you'd know right away. One of my lesbian friends, a terrific bass player by the way, was an idealistic, caring person, who was more chivalrous than the average male by far, almost a classic text book knight in shining armor. Modern science has ended that misunderstanding. The bible opposes human rights and equality of all people. Where that clash happens, it has to lose.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Oh yes they are born homosexual. The brains of male homosexuals are like womens, and vice versa for lesbians. There are many differences. And, if you've ever been around them, you'd know right away. One of my lesbian friends, a terrific bass player by the way, was an idealistic, caring person, who was more chivalrous than the average male by far, almost a classic text book knight in shining armor. Modern science has ended that misunderstanding. The bible opposes human rights and equality of all people. Where that clash happens, it has to lose.

God does NOT create homosexuals.
What you believe concerning that is simply a lie.
You would rather believe a scientific lie rather than believe the TRUTH.
You would rather trade the TRUTH for a lie.

Just because there are scientists that make this CLAIM does NOT make it a fact.
Just because scientists CLAIM evolution is a fact does not make it any truer either.

I will believe God before I believe false theories humans make up.
God would NEVER create a human to be a homosexual, then tell that human that if they practiced homosexuality that they were doing that which is an abomination deserving death.

Say what you will.
Believe what you will.
But don't try to convince me or anyone else that Jesus creates a person to do that which He calls an abomination!

Jesus is JUST, TRUE, HOLY, and RIGHTEOUS.
It would be unrighteous for Jesus to create a human to desire the sin of homosexuality!

Who are YOU going to believe?
Jesus or a scientist?
Jesus or evolution?

I PUT ALL MY BEING INTO TRUSTING AND BELIEVING JESUS CHRIST!
Why?
Because I KNOW He will not lie to me.
Humans will most definitely lie to us because of their own agendas!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaintlyMic
Of course you are not going to read what I posted.
By admitting that you are saying that you don't give a darn what I say.
By saying that you yourself have broken YOUR OWN IDEA of the law of LOVE!

I'm just being honest. And you obviously have no idea what Love is if you think I have broken it by not wanting to hear your excuses. I told you before, I'll say it again - your actions(fruits), not your words, revealed the truth here.

For what reason does if I am gay or not have to do with this discussion? None. As such, why did you even bring it in to the discussion?

Again, I posted scripture YOU ASKED FOR, but as you admitted, you don't even want to take the time to read it!

I asked you for a commandment. You gave me scripture of moses law, not of gods law, just as a pharisee would.

Whose HATE is more evident?

This question puts it in the context that you have hate and you are hiding it, but it's ok because you think I have more hate. Sorry, I don't fall for such setups.

The HATE you say I have for homosexuals (which I have denied) or the HATE you have for me?

Hate for you? Because I point out your hypocrisy you assume and claim I must hate you. Absurd. Only a dualistic and blind mind thinks in black and white notions.

You won't even read what is for YOUR benefit!

I don't need your preaching. People like you always talk about a personal relationship with god, but you sure as heck don't allow it. Unless someone is exactly like you then you will claim they are liars and demons and put yourself above them.

The things you claim I won't have, I already have. You tell me I'm going to go to hell, when I've already been given a chance to leave this lie you call reality.

I know you don't believe people actually have personal relationships with god, but there is nothing you have to say that is for my benefit.

Your own ACTIONS and WORDS are against you!
Nothing I have said CONDEMNS YOU.
You CONDEMN YOURSELF by what you have said!

Yes, spread that fear like satans little worker. Oh yeah, I'm soooo scared. On the one hand, I've had visions, had dreams and gained the understandings even the bible says followers will get. On the other hand, I have you screaming out me to be scared and be fearful of what I do. Who do I listen to? Which would you listen to? The personal relationship with god, or the guy who doesn't understand and tells people to do things out of fear, rather than understanding.

Scripture tells us that if you AGREE with sin that you are just as GUILTY of DOING THE SIN!

Here is PROOF!!!

Quoting Paul. Typical. You worship Satan. Only Satan prey's on peoples fear, which is caused by a lack of knowledge. And what happened to hating the sin and not the sinner? These people must die now huh? Oh yeah, that sounds soo much like Christ.

Get your hate and fear mongering out of my face.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join