It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God Create Adam With A Penis, But Have No Intention of Creating Eve???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR

Awesome question !
What a brilliant observation, starred & Flagged !

The lack of reaction from fundie- creationist christians in this thread is revealing btw.

Yes you know were just too smart to go there.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

Sorry but that is purely your opinion. The story of Adam and Eve is definetely NOT purely fiction or solely symbolism to ponder. To many people, including me, it is truth.
And personally, I don't think the penis question even matters. Who really cares, except to laugh about it?
But I guess my answer would be this:
God is omniscient, or all-knowing, so he would have known he was going to make Eve. I know that seems contradictory to the part about Adam as a sole helper, and this is just what I think, but God made Adam as his sole helper and you could say he accomplished that when he named all the animals. Afterwards, God created Eve, who was not a helper, but a partner for Adam, so God created Adam as his sole helper, but also knew that he would later create Eve as well.
Did you follow that? I'm no expert, but it seems logical to me.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989

17 But from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you must not eat, for on the day you eat of it you will die."

18 And Yahweh God said, "It is not good that the man is alone. I will make for him a suitable helper."

Did God originally have the intentions of creating Eve??? After he created Adam, he felt adam needed a "suitable helper" so he created Eve, adn they later procreated. The fact that they procreated would mean that Adam already had a penis, and sperm lol.... Now If God obviously had no intentions of orignally creating Eve, why would Adam have needed sperm???

Was beastiality acceptable? lol

[edit on 6-11-2008 by AlexG141989]

you are right that Adam had a penis and that Eve was not God's intention to create because Lillith was Adam's mate - until she refused him

www.gotquestions.org...

maybe Lillith had a point and Eve did get the short end of the stick - ana all the Eve's that followed

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Did God originally have the intentions of creating Eve??? After he created Adam, he felt adam needed a "suitable helper" so he created Eve, adn they later procreated. The fact that they procreated would mean that Adam already had a penis, and sperm lol.... Now If God obviously had no intentions of orignally creating Eve, why would Adam have needed sperm???

A better question..... if everyone refers to God as male... "He" and "Father" etc..... "God created man in his own image"..... then why does God have a penis?

I mean seriously.....

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Because for a man to spill his seed is a sin, and god obviously wanted adam to sin, just as he gave us all the nature to forgo his amazing 10 commandments and expected us not to.

"I'll give you the nature of desire, and all these things I will make desirable. But if you entertain desire against my will, then you're a naughty adam and it's hell for you!"

god then made eve.

Thank god the dinosaurs killed them all eventually...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

Because there is no gender-neutral pronoun that can be used to refer to an anrogynous person/diety in the English language.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
All this hair splitting is silly. We don't need to know this. It's for our learning or whatever...

Does it matter if an outside entity did anything? Really? Adam means red man, by the way. Funny that, if you ask me, some here should be speaking Tsalagi? (Cherokee)

Well, to answer...ya have to look at more than one rewriting of this stuff. Read the Apocrypha - The Lamb saved us, now it's up to us to be prosperous in his name. Right? I don't do church anymore
except for heavy metal concerts...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains

A better question..... if everyone refers to God as male... "He" and "Father" etc..... "God created man in his own image"..... then why does God have a penis?

I mean seriously.....

look up phallic worship

or read

PHALLIC
WORSHIP
A HISTORY OF SEX & SEXUAL RITES
GEORGE RYLEY SCOTT

people,in those days believed in 2 philosophies - either god was male because people only saw semen and thought all living things on earth came from semen and so if god created everything he must have a hell of a huge penis - and they worshipped god in the form of a penis and little children wore little erect penises around their neck for protection from evil spirits

or that the ultimate creator was a goddess and she had a huge womb - and so they worshipped the goddess as represented by a vulva [#i was a goddess you know and that is where the word # comes from]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by JSR
ha ha....what a funny question.
could you imagin adam waking up one morning and looking down....
....."what is that?"

"... and what the hell is it doing?"

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf

Originally posted by JSR
....."what is that?"

or

what did Adam say to Eve in the garden of Eden?

'stand back! I dont know how big this thing gets!"

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The whole story of Adam and eve and the fall takes place in paradise, not on the physical earth, with physical bodies.

Adam didn't have a penis until genesis 3.

The first people realized they were "naked" (without bodies). So got made them "coverings of animal skins." and sent them out of paradise.

You and I are still wearing those suits of skins.....

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft
Adam didn't have a penis until genesis 3.

and then

Originally posted by megabyte

Originally posted by Good Wolf

Originally posted by JSR
....."what is that?"

or

what did Adam say to Eve in the garden of Eden?

'stand back! I dont know how big this thing gets!"

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Or maybe, just maybe, God knew before hand Adam was going to be lonely and made his body accordingly.
You honestly think an omnipotent God wouldn't know what we need before we need it?
For crying out loud even we do it in business. It's called a pre-problem. Ever hear of it? It's Anthony Robbins 101. You solve a problem before it becomes a problem.
Come on guys. Open your minds a little.
Is any origin explaination perfect? Nope.
But our Christian view allows for a supernatural being that doesn't have to have a beginning.
Your evolutionist view - even with its membrane theories - have no answer to how it started. And please don't say the moronic big bang. Because - where the stuff for the big bang come from? Even Stephen Hawkings admits there's a God now.

AND our worse case scenario is that we live a good life and die and there is nothing...it all ends. So what? We lead a good life.
YOUR worse case scenario is that you lead a good/bad life and die and go to Hell for eternity.
Which way are you going to believe now?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Paradise was not time zero or something like that. Adam and Eve is only story people living old days in nature. I saw one program, satellite pictures tells where this paradise was, maybe. It is under water now (middle-east?).

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   

17 But from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you must not eat, for on the day you eat of it you will die."

18 And Yahweh God said, "It is not good that the man is alone. I will make for him a suitable helper."

Was beastiality acceptable? lol

Another good point about just how ridiculous Genesis is.
The whole thing contradicts itself over and over it is illogical and makes no sense.
You will get hundreds of brainwashed idiots trying to make sense of it and trying to make you believe there sense of it.
But in reality they are just making up more garbage as they go along to defend a religious ideology which is a lie, that has been forced upon them in the first place.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
People should stop taking everything literally in the bible.
You see the Bible was written in a way people back then could understand. I will take for example the passage where God created man from mud.
Well obviously he didnt make a statue of mud but todays research show that elements necessary for life on earth came from mud.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Well it's in mud but it doesn't come from mud. Our best understandings say that all the organic material that produced life was in the early open ocean welling up from undersea vents, where all the sulfides, methane, and all the other carbon chemicals.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

If you're looking for more "odd" points to Genesis I'd be happy to point a few gems out that I've found.

Lets begin shall we ?

1. The word God in Genesis is translated to "Elohim" a hebrew plural meaning messengers of God - in other words, "angels". Most certainly not a singular word.

2. Adam and Eve are the first people on earth, they have two children. Cain and Abel, Cain slays Abel over the acceptance of their differing sacrifes to God and is then banished from the Garden where he travels eastwards towards Nod. There he finds himself a wife... .... what the ... ?
Clearly there were other people besides Adam and Eve.

3. Abel is a cattle farmer and Cain is a tiller of the soil, This is strange considering the first peoples to inhabit the earth took many many years before they realised they could FARM animals instead of hunt them. Secondly, it took many years before early man actually tilled the soil like a farmer would, early man would just pick what was available, not bothering to cultivate.

4.God creates plants on the 3rd day before he's actually created the sun which is completely necessary for the plants to grow... errr. The sun is created on the 4th day along with the moon - God only knows how the tide was supposed to work without the moon being created first. Lets not forget God said right at the start, let there be light - would this not have been the sun ?? or moon or stars ? - You would think so, but that was created on the 4th day as I already mentioned. The whole order is very very illogical when you look at it carefully.

Anyway, just thought I'd add a few more interesting parts..

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

your understanding is wrong. God created man from the dust or elements of the earth. Simple as that. Atheists don't believe that but it does change the fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join