It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God Create Adam With A Penis, But Have No Intention of Creating Eve???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodcircle
god then made eve.

LOL Perhaps that was a bad move? The dodo, moa, haast eagle and all the other countless animals now extinct [because of man] would agree...

"Don't let him reproduce. Don't let him reproduce. Don't let him reproduce.... DAMIT!!"

[edit on 11/7/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Wow. That is a great question! This sure as hell never came up in Sunday School. Maybe it was just to give Adam something to do.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by calihan123

They weren't married in the traditional sense, however, God gave Eve to Adam as a partner and told them to multiply.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
reply to post by asmeone2

The least of which were their gullibility and ignorance to be tricked into eating the apple.

So the question is, did God intentionally put those flaws in them, thus making Adam and Eve less than his own image. Or, God is inherantly flawed, and hemade Adam and Eve as close to himself as possible, and passed on his own flaws.

First of all, if one believes in the creation account; man was created with free will, not as automatons. They were to learn the notion of; choice versus consequence. This in turn would directly affect their descendants.

I believe that it would be a mistake to believe that perfection = "all knowing." Remember, Adam and Eve had no life experience! But they were given a conscience and probably an abundance of gray cells. This though, would not take the place of experience.

It is my belief that in reality, we are an experiment. Mankind has been put through a wringer of tests and circumstances, to either refine us, or expose us.

do you sometimes feel that you are gods computer game character and you are given a maze of problems and shortcomings to work your way through all for the amuzement of the computer game playes - god?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by MatrixProphet

So that means God is not perfect. So why is he God?

it is only recently that mankind demands that Gods be perfect

earlier gods all had their indiscretions and faults- they raped goddesses and women, they murdered and conspired and seccumbed to all manner of wrong and immoral acts but they were immortal- take a look at ancient gods of Greek and Roman mythology as an example

I actually put it to you this way - if we did not have a God to fight for, there would be many wars that would have never been fought - crusades for example

so I somtimes wonder if the gods we call gods are actually the devil?

have you ever known a single war fought in the name of the devil? I mean - lets get an army and give them weapons and march to fight a war in the name of our devil to defeat the devils enemies?

we all have always thought that our gods bless us to go and kill our enemies in our gods name

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

If we assume God exists, which isn't a rational position, but let's just go with it:

We don't have any way to know he's not the devil. God is obviously scared of the devil, hence banging on about him so much, so how do we know that the devil hasn't locked God up in some cage o' fire somewhere, and wrote the bible and sent his own son up to screw with our heads.

That's what's so great about the bible - there is no way to know if it's the truth or not. If you believe for one second that what happens in it is real, then you have to believe that you are being lied to by someone just as powerful as, or even more powerful than, God.

There in lies the problem.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

If we assume God exists, which isn't a rational position, but let's just go with it:

We don't have any way to know he's not the devil. God is obviously scared of the devil, hence banging on about him so much, so how do we know that the devil hasn't locked God up in some cage o' fire somewhere, and wrote the bible and sent his own son up to screw with our heads.

That's what's so great about the bible - there is no way to know if it's the truth or not. If you believe for one second that what happens in it is real, then you have to believe that you are being lied to by someone just as powerful as, or even more powerful than, God.

There in lies the problem.

i never did understand why god needed a messy and painful death of Jesus - surely he could have just waved his hand and forgiven that little ol thing called the original sin - why did that messy crucifixion had to happen? does god thirst for blood? did god need a messy painful death because he needs blood and suffering and gore to feed off?

I cannot understand why god could not just wave his hand and forgive sins - why the blood and gore? ehy send his son to die on the cross for us? he could have just waved a hand and all would be forgiven

i am sorry if this offends anyone byt that is one hell bloodthirsty god

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I think you are concerned with offending the wrong one/s.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I think that is the most logical answer. God is not male or female, and so if "man" was created in God's image, neither was "man."

www.bartleby.com...

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, 1 Cor. 11.7 after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Mt. 19.4 · Mk. 10.6

Note that all of this is before God creates Eve. God is shifting back and forth between the male and the female, the singular and the plural for not only "man" but for "God" as well.

I believe the whole story of Genesis is actually a description of how dualism arose from "non-dualism."

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989

17 But from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you must not eat, for on the day you eat of it you will die."

18 And Yahweh God said, "It is not good that the man is alone. I will make for him a suitable helper."

Did God originally have the intentions of creating Eve??? After he created Adam, he felt adam needed a "suitable helper" so he created Eve, adn they later procreated. The fact that they procreated would mean that Adam already had a penis, and sperm lol.... Now If God obviously had no intentions of orignally creating Eve, why would Adam have needed sperm???

Was beastiality acceptable? lol

[edit on 6-11-2008 by AlexG141989]

some scholars theorise that if the original sin is something that affects all the generations of people forever after, then it has to be sexually transmitted and therefore may be the result of wrongful mating - so was the original sin not an fruit from the forbidden tree, but bestiality?

so we humans ARE the fruit of the forbidden tree, as in, - we are the offspring of a wrong mating - between Eve and a serpent perhaps.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989

Originally posted by Simplynoone
[The lack of reaction from fundie- creationist christians in this thread is revealing btw.]

Ok I will bite ...but your not gonna like it ...

Once again yall pay way too much attention to FLESH and PHYSICAL .
And the lusts of the flesh .....and it says alot about what you concentrait on the most in this world ...carnal mindedness ....and SEX ...

I mean come on people the penis was created for PEEING TOO wasnt it ?
Or is that to easy of an answer ?

Seriously yall must have way too much time on your hands ...

Which is why I pointed out sperm. They later procreated, which would mean he already had sperm, but if God had no intention of creating Eve at first, why did Adam originally have sperm???

Lillith -she was created equal and at the same time as Adam

Eve was created later and from Adam's rib

that is the only thing that makes sense

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

I find myself wondering those very same things.

I mean this "garden of eden" was supposedly destroyed after the great flood which gave light to the noahs ark story.

Do you think its coincedence that no one has ever found this garden of eden because of this "flood" that may have happened?

Or did it just never exist in the first place...?

Logic tells me.. it never existed.

[edit on 6-11-2008 by calihan123]

scholars now reckon the likely spot for the garden of eden is at the bottom of the persian sea - flooded

ldolphin.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

So that means God is not perfect. So why is he God?

I guess it would depend on how you define; perfect! I don't think our definition is anywhere near "perfect."

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
reply to post by Simplynoone

I am pretty sure that God already planned an Eve before Adam was created .

Pretty sure or not that then begs the question, why did God not create her from the beginning then? He seemed to recognize Adam needed a mate in the bible after he had created Adam and the garden. Why did he recognize this if he already planned on Eve? Why did he wait to create her in the first place?

[edit on 6-11-2008 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

Lilith, Adam's first wife

www.skeptically.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

do you sometimes feel that you are gods computer game character and you are given a maze of problems and shortcomings to work your way through all for the amuzement of the computer game playes - god?

Why do you suppose I call myself: MatrixProphet?

I believe that heavenly congress is playing a game of chess and we are the game pieces!!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
reply to post by KOGDOG

Well I am staying out of that one ...since the last time I tried to get into that conversation I was called names (which I am NOT a HOMOPHOBE) ... ...so I give ....

Back to the subject .....
It really boils down to what someone wants to believe I guess ....or doesnt want to believe ..(All of those beliefs really do require faith dont they ?)
I told you that I believe in Ghosts .I could also believe in Aliens ...my own thoughts about aliens is they could be manmade (with all the genetic altering going on ) .....and I believe in bigfoot ...(which could also have been man created I suppose) ....................

lets take this one step further - are we a genetic homework assignment of some alien schoolboy? perhaps a schoolboy form the Q continuum like in Star Trek?

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

so I somtimes wonder if the gods we call gods are actually the devil?

have you ever known a single war fought in the name of the devil? I mean - lets get an army and give them weapons and march to fight a war in the name of our devil to defeat the devils enemies?

Good points!

I have come to believe that they are actually all on the same team. Satan does the dirty work, and God takes the credit for; blessings, miracles etc.

The so-called dark side is our enemy - yet they work for the "light -side!" Satan is not God's adversary, but ours.

Once I started to "get" the game, I knew to play my part differently.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabyte

i never did understand why god needed a messy and painful death of Jesus - surely he could have just waved his hand and forgiven that little ol thing called the original sin - why did that messy crucifixion had to happen? does god thirst for blood? did god need a messy painful death because he needs blood and suffering and gore to feed off?

God isnt bloodthirsty, and what happened to Jesus was a misunderstanding.

"Sin" translates to "mistake." The moral aspect of it is irrelevant.

God cant "forgive" us because God IS us, and the "mistake" runs throughout God. On every level.

A death does need to occur, but it needs to happen at the conceptual level of "Self" not physical "self."

Jesus, (and others) have understood a death needed to occur, but they mistook what that meant. He didnt have to physically die, he had to die to himself.

This "death" needs to be real-ized, or made real, by an aspect or "child" of God, but thinking about it, and acting it out physically isnt enough, which is why we are still in the same boat as when Jesus was here.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Well I'm giving the religious folks the benefit of the doubt in this case.

"Assuming the bible is true, then why...?"

Most other creation stories have some way of explaining male and female genders.

Things that go beyond "He was lonely."

Me personally, IF the bible is true then I think that Eden was in another dimension.

That would be why we haven't found any evidence of it.

That would also explain why there were other people on Earth when Adam and Eve had their children.

Now, if we are going to bring the Alien theories into it, that might make a bit more sense... perhaps Eve was actually cloned from the rib.

perhaps Eve was the mother of our species - perhaps aliens saved a lot of individual embryos and Eve was impregnated by IVF

then that would give genetic viablity and no risk of inbreeding if all the babies were not truly Adam and Eve's offspring but unrelated IVF babies

I know the bible says that Adam and Eve gave birth to Cain and Abel and that they found wives in a tribe nearby but it could be that Adam and Eve had daughters who were never mentioned as daughters were often not mentioned in those times

the bit about Cain and Abel finding wives in a nearby tribe means that Adam and Eve were NOT the absolute first creation - that other tribe of people were created earlier or at the same time but not in the garden of Eden

just a bible contradiction

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
What if he was a clone or a genetic manipulation. Does say Eve was made from a rib doesn't it. For a moment imagine - they had the equivalent knowlege of Genetic Modification as we do. Imagine if we did this in some desolate place. Placed an experiment. A testube man - you could tell him anything you wanted and he would believe - even if you said you were god and created the world.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join