It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God Create Adam With A Penis, But Have No Intention of Creating Eve???

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

But people also believe that God is all seeing, and if he knows exactly what is going to happen, and exactly what he's going to do, then he already knew adam would have a wife and the need to procreate would be necessary.

that's where my issues with Christianity's so called "free will". Because God supposedly knows who will fall into sin and who will follow Him

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by megabyte

some scholars theorise that if the original sin is something that affects all the generations of people forever after, then it has to be sexually transmitted and therefore may be the result of wrongful mating - so was the original sin not an fruit from the forbidden tree, but bestiality?

so we humans ARE the fruit of the forbidden tree, as in, - we are the offspring of a wrong mating - between Eve and a serpent perhaps.

Here is my take: we inherited sin from them through our DNA. We actually inherited shame. Once they committed an act against God - he then removed the opportunity for them to learn the easy way. They then had to learn everything the hard way. At this point, immortality, or the option of it, was taken away, and they were then going to suffer; cause and effect, choices vs. consequences.

Did God know this in advance? Well, he would of been a fool if he didn't! It was all part of a skillful divine plan or game to see how the lemmings would react.

Am I cynical? You are d#@m right, I am! But still, it is the only game in town.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Simple.

God knew one day Adam would look at snow and wish for a *wand* to write his name instead of trying to do it running around in a squat.

oooh i LOVE your sense of humor!

yeah but then he found that the devil wrote his name in the snow with his own pee too - but that it was in Eve's handwriting!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

lets take this one step further - are we a genetic homework assignment of some alien schoolboy? perhaps a schoolboy form the Q continuum like in Star Trek?

Brilliant! I always use that analogy of Q in reference to characters in heavenly congress. I really believe that the role he played in - Star Trek the Next Generation, is a pretty accurate one. I don't apply that character to God but to Satan or whoever. He always acted like there is a game going on up there!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by WatchNLearn

So that means God likes farting, as any curry he creates must be perfect.

I think we're getting to the bottom of this one. Pun intended

and rain? that would be god going for a pee?

ok - what about poo? i dont want to be under that when god decides to poo

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
reply to post by horsegiver

I have thought along those lines a few times myself ..
I have brought this up before . ...I dont believe that Cain married a sister.
Scripture has no mention of Sisters until the very next verse AFTER Cain went away ....I have also brought up before ..How could there have already been a City named NOD where Cain went if there was no one but Cain and Abel and Adam And Eve ? There has to be more to it than that ..I have come to the conclusion that maybe fallen angels wandered about outside of that garden possibly in some kind of human form ...and Nod was a city they built and lived in .....(Possibly the neanderthal maybe ?)

Anyway back to the penis subject ..so did yall figure anything out yet ?
Were testicles and sperm added on after the fall ? Or what ? LOL>

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Simplynoone]

i read that Cain and Abel went to the land of Canaan and found wives so there was a thriving civilisation there that was either created at the same time as Adam and Eve or before that -so Adam and Eve are not the absolute first humans on Earth

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Old Man
Yes. God already knew that He would create Eve, along with Adam.

"All His works are known to Him from the beginning."

and

"...."those that He predestined from the foundation of the world..."

.....obviously, these included female as well as male.

that implies that god set us up to fail too doesnt it?

I mean if I have a child I do not put something harmful in the same garden as my child plays in, and hope that my child will not harm himself

so god knew ahead of time that Adam and Eve would sin and in fact set them up to sin by having that tree in the garden of eden and god also knew that he would have that front row seat to that kewl gory show called the cricifixion

well? if god knew everything then that means he set us up

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Actually according to ancient history neither male or female had reproductive organs. We were considered vegetation in the garden of Eden.

They became embarrassed of their bodies because they were unaware of what bodies were. That is why most ancient art (paintings, drawings) show the human anatomy with a leaf or flower covering the genitals. It is understood by many ancient historians that we didnt have genitals for a long time in our evolution.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
People should stop taking everything literally in the bible.
You see the Bible was written in a way people back then could understand. I will take for example the passage where God created man from mud.
Well obviously he didnt make a statue of mud but todays research show that elements necessary for life on earth came from mud.

i beg to differ and
shock horror - i am actually gonna give a new testament reference here - get ready to fall off your seats ladies and gentlemen

tadaaaaaa!!!

mark 4:11

11And he said to them, ‘To you has been given the secret* of the kingdom of God, but for those outside, everything comes in parables; 12in order that
“they may indeed look, but not perceive,
and may indeed listen, but not understand;
so that they may not turn again and be forgiven.” ’

from

bible.oremus.org...

in other words - the bible is written for an initiate and not for us ordinary people. it is written in a way to make us think we understand what it says but in fact it is misleading on purpose

and the final line is - that we are on purpose mislead so that we may not turn and be forgiven

and that is totally the opposite to what churches preach - all churches tell followers they will be saved and this text clearly says that the followers should be confused so that they have no hope of being saved

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
True.
One cannot understand heaven without understanding hell.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

In my opinion Adam and Eve and the rest of the bible is a fairytale.

Read William Bramley's The Gods of Eden.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

The Bible could also be a horror story. Are you so sure that the "ancients" didn't know what they were doing/writing/saying???? If "they" had written about interdimensional time traveling aliens instead of angels & demons would you be more apt to listen to their warnings? Nice to meet someone who knows more than some of the most brilliant disciplined people who have ever walked this planet and who after studying Scripture found the words to be true. BOO! The "aliens/demons" are right behind you.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet

do you sometimes feel that you are gods computer game character and you are given a maze of problems and shortcomings to work your way through all for the amuzement of the computer game playes - god?

Why do you suppose I call myself: MatrixProphet?

I believe that heavenly congress is playing a game of chess and we are the game pieces!!

if only it was limited to nothing more challenging than chess that god plays with us.... - lately it feels as tho god has added some pretty vicious computer games that we are all characters in

lol

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet

so I somtimes wonder if the gods we call gods are actually the devil?

have you ever known a single war fought in the name of the devil? I mean - lets get an army and give them weapons and march to fight a war in the name of our devil to defeat the devils enemies?

Good points!

I have come to believe that they are actually all on the same team. Satan does the dirty work, and God takes the credit for; blessings, miracles etc.

The so-called dark side is our enemy - yet they work for the "light -side!" Satan is not God's adversary, but ours.

Once I started to "get" the game, I knew to play my part differently.

oh how enlightened you are - let me follow in your footsteps!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by megabyte

i never did understand why god needed a messy and painful death of Jesus - surely he could have just waved his hand and forgiven that little ol thing called the original sin - why did that messy crucifixion had to happen? does god thirst for blood? did god need a messy painful death because he needs blood and suffering and gore to feed off?

God isnt bloodthirsty, and what happened to Jesus was a misunderstanding.

"Sin" translates to "mistake." The moral aspect of it is irrelevant.

God cant "forgive" us because God IS us, and the "mistake" runs throughout God. On every level.

A death does need to occur, but it needs to happen at the conceptual level of "Self" not physical "self."

Jesus, (and others) have understood a death needed to occur, but they mistook what that meant. He didnt have to physically die, he had to die to himself.

This "death" needs to be real-ized, or made real, by an aspect or "child" of God, but thinking about it, and acting it out physically isnt enough, which is why we are still in the same boat as when Jesus was here.

yeah but god KNEW it would happen before he created Adam and Eve - so why did god not create it so it could not happen - i just dont get it and all the crap about free will does not explain this to me - why did god go ahead and create the world in this way when he knew it would happen this way - seems to be some sadistic satisfaction on gods part - sorry to say
it just seems to me that god created this world to be like this because it would give a satisfying show for god to watch

I mean - if you have a child and you know that child will cause himself harm would you go ahead and make sure the circumstances were there to cause maximum harm? bit heartless - even if the child did choose to do the wrong thing and harm himself - if you knew this would happen you are in fact accessory to that

there fore god set us up - created us imperfect, created the circumstances by which we could fail for some sadistic pleasure for himself

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980
What if he was a clone or a genetic manipulation. Does say Eve was made from a rib doesn't it. For a moment imagine - they had the equivalent knowlege of Genetic Modification as we do. Imagine if we did this in some desolate place. Placed an experiment. A testube man - you could tell him anything you wanted and he would believe - even if you said you were god and created the world.

i am so with you - well said

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist . . . .
maybe god has to pee. which makes me wonder what god's diet is.

The important book in Heaven is "How to Cook fo(u)r Christians".

"The body and the blood of Jesus," taken regularly at communion, are actually flavouring and tenderizer.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by KOGDOG

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

The Bible could also be a horror story. Are you so sure that the "ancients" didn't know what they were doing/writing/saying???? If "they" had written about interdimensional time traveling aliens instead of angels & demons would you be more apt to listen to their warnings? Nice to meet someone who knows more than some of the most brilliant disciplined people who have ever walked this planet and who after studying Scripture found the words to be true. BOO! The "aliens/demons" are right behind you.

yup - i would agree with that too - deffinitely a horror story - very bloodthristy
lol

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Funny though isn't it, that the story of garden of eden and Adam and Eve from Genesis (or is that Genetics??) I really am inclined to think we are one huge scientific/social experiment.
Meaning of genesis (noun)
origin; beginning; creation

[edit on 7-11-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndOfAmerica
Actually according to ancient history neither male or female had reproductive organs. We were considered vegetation in the garden of Eden.

They became embarrassed of their bodies because they were unaware of what bodies were. That is why most ancient art (paintings, drawings) show the human anatomy with a leaf or flower covering the genitals. It is understood by many ancient historians that we didnt have genitals for a long time in our evolution.

er, right . . . .

So how did our ancestors procreate with no genitals?

Can you name any "ancient historians" who believe this?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join