It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God Create Adam With A Penis, But Have No Intention of Creating Eve???

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It says that God made us in his image.. it didn't say we are copies of God..

I mean, as an artist, I create things in man's image all the time, but that doesn't mena I make them anatomically correct.. complete with a functional brain and digestive system.

God made Man (an animal) in his image. So, god took a mammal and formed him similiarly to how HE looked.

It's really just Man saying, "I am separating myself from the animals by claiming that the creator of all things fashioned ME to look like HIM."

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
reply to post by Simplynoone
Sadly, you are correct.

We live in an environment full of mutagens*, and our bodies are constantly working to repair damage to our genes and chromosomes. Having two copies of each chromosome makes most repairs easy. The broken part of the chromosome is snipped out and replaced with a copy of that part made by copying the healthy chromosome. However there is one chromosome in humans which does not have a twin in its call to copy from. That, of course, is the "Y" chromosome.

So, with every generation, more mutations are occurring in this gene and being passed on without repair. Despite having known this for at least 50 years, governments have kept allowing mutagens to be added to our food supply, knowing they are speeding up the extinction of males.

I'd presume that one day geneticists will be able to rebuild the gene and replace it in such a way that the rebuilt gene is passed on. But, with the wealthy constantly carrying on about the need to drastically reduce the population, you can be sure only the richest 1% will ever get it.

And some us sheilas would greatly miss males if we had to live without them.

*- High energy radiation from radioactive elements, X-rays, gamma rays, microwaves, and ultraviolet light.
- Industrial chemicals such as PCB's..
- Pollutants such as cigarette smoke.
- Pesticides.
- Food Additives.
- Drugs.
- Viruses.
- Fried meat

the study of endocrine disrupting and mimicking chemicals has been studied and published in a book called 'our stolen future'

this is the website if you want to know more about it.

apparently the authors wanted to find a definitive link between pollution and cancer and instead found a link between pollution and infertility - wildlife and us -and especially infertility of the males of all the speciec

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

an interesting article about the Y chromosome that says it is holding steady - so that is good news

www.wi.mit.edu...

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TroyB

read all about it - the geneticists are saying that there was a mitochondrial Eve - one we all are genetically related to

www.sciencedaily.com...

there was a documentary screened on television not long agoo about this

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Im new to computers so if this works ,thanks for a stimulating exchange of ideas!Heres mine.We were seeded here intentionally.We or"we" are self-aware or able to conceptualise future and past events while we live in the present.Our emotions revolve around our concept of time ,past experiances give us feelings of joy or dread depending on the experiance but it is because of our ability to conceptualise time that a past experiance can be presented in a present context with reference to the possibliity of a future event being factored in for good measure.This is why we are obsessed with mathematics and you dont see chimps counting their bananas. We seek our creator and math leads the way.Adam was a primate and for whatever reason presented himself as an ideal candidate for genetic manipulation.Our creators travelled a great distance to reach us and although they are technological they arent much beyond us in anything but theory.If we found a habitable planet and chose to travel to it and create "self-aware" lifeforms "similar"or "in the image of ourselves" we would surely use genetic manipulation to create a hybrid with ourselves .This would be a priority.Depending on what resources we needed to acess on the planet,we may decide that a dolphin would be a better choice to be made "self-aware".Imagine if dolphins had evolved as we did at our pace or on our timeline as primates,would there be highways under the oceans and technology??If we check our vanity at the door we are faced with the reality that we long ago discovered that the rib was iniatially considered the best place to take tissue to be cloned or modified.Had adam not been given a self-aware,genetically modified eve he would have never reproduced self-aware offspring.He would have lived out his natural primate lifespan as a self-aware primate,alone,and aware of the lonliness!!Adam had a penis because he was born with one as a primate.Once Adam and Eve were genetically enhanced they were released due to the freedom of choice rule that is constant in the universe.Adam was an experiment that worked and Eve was a solution to a problem Adams creators hadnt considered,once he was self-aware Adam regained ALL OF HIS RIGHTS AS AN EQUAL WITH HIS CREATORS!!and he didnt want to be alone.Adam and Eve chose to leave the protection of their creators BECAUSE THEY HAD THE CHOICE TO DO SO. The offspring of Adam and Eve carried the genetic ability to cross-breed with the existing primate population and each sucessive generation since our modification has brought us one step closer to our origins,closer and closer to a clearer genetic representation of our creators.We are unique only to our world ,we are common in the universe its just that most of us dont understand what the "we" means or stands for,it is our self-awareness that makes us unique and it allows us freedom of choice ect. ect. but most importantly our "self-awareness" can be put in to other lifeforms,not only primates.That is the "we" im talking about, the universal "we" that is all around us.Intellectually we are born equal to our creators ,we all just dont realise all of our potential.Adam started the transformation from primate to human and we will eventuall become as our creators intended-like them- when we decide to venture into the universe as we were intended to do,we have contributions we are obligated to make to the universe and they all dont happen on our planet.Sorry I dont have time to explain more but suffice to say most of the history after adam was modified is pretty self-explanatory.We werent left alone here either,we have been guided as much as possible ,we are like spoiled love-children who werent supposed to be created and are here anyways and our parents or creators are having to constantly adjust their handling of us so they dont break any basic rules we may not be aware of ,we are bumbling children in the playground of the universe and we behave like it to.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by AlexG141989

And if God created us "in his image", then that means God has a penis, too. Why does he need that? There is no Mrs. God as far as I know, and if there was, why do they need to have sex? And let's not even get started on God's digestive tract.

And people still take that book seriously. What a laugh.

But, but... how can something that is invisible have an image?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabyte
reply to post by Lasheic
an interesting article about the Y chromosome that says it is holding steady - so that is good news

www.wi.mit.edu...

That's an interesting article, well worth reading.
It's good to know males look like sticking around.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
What are you talking about? How can you say He never intended to create Eve when he: creates man, commands him about The Tree Of Knowledge, then creates woman. A natural progression of things with very little time in between events, and no other events separating the 2 creations. Have a little patience.

Maybe if Adam woke, took a shower, got dressed for work, made a crude breakfast that may or may not have included dirt, tried to watch TV but couldn't find a station, went to work, got stuck in man traffic, fiddled around with the radio to find a clear station, was going to stop at the gas station but decided against it because everytime he eats there it gives him gas, got to work late because he missed the light at Main St. and Main Avenue, not to mention he walked to work, got bitched out from his man boss, went to lunch by using the walkthru at McDonalds, went BACK to work, came home, tried to unwind with a drink and a smoke but couldn't find either and THEN man realized the silence around him and THEN God creates woman because He saw that earth was a sausage-fest.

Well, then you can ask your question as it would show He clearly made man without the intention of making any other gender.

God clearly had the intention of making woman, He simply made man first because they were in His image.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
YES, according to the bible god didnt even intend to make women they are just an afterthought after he saw adam got lonely even though he is all knowing and knew he would get lonely if he didnt make anyboy else but WHATEVER!! lol its just a silly story written by a primitive man who had no clue how he got here and it shows. The story has soooo many flaws it's laughable.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
What are you talking about? How can you say He never intended to create Eve when he: creates man, commands him about The Tree Of Knowledge, then creates woman. A natural progression of things with very little time in between events, and no other events separating the 2 creations. Have a little patience.

Maybe you should take a look at the source before making statements. Genesis 3:20 - "The man gave names to all cattle, and to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for the man there was not found a helper fit for him."

That would imply a significant amount of time. Couple that with Genesis 2:18 - "Then the LORD God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him." And it leads one to believe that after observing man alone, God decided it would not be beneficial for him to be different from all his other creation, and created him a partner.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by ninthaxis]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

I mean, as an artist, I create things in man's image all the time, but that doesn't mena I make them anatomically correct.. complete with a functional brain and digestive system.

God made Man (an animal) in his image. So, god took a mammal and formed him similiarly to how HE looked.

It's really just Man saying, "I am separating myself from the animals by claiming that the creator of all things fashioned ME to look like HIM."

how could god just "TAKE" a mammal then make it look like himself, wouldn't he have to make mammals first? That completely contradicts the adam and eve story... And you are claiming this as if you KNOW. Did you see this happen, or just claiming this with no evidence whatsoever and just pretending you have all of this hidden knowledge nobody else has? Do you have any proof this is what happened?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I seems to me that the story of Adam and Eve is pretty degrading to woman.

But I could just be reading to much into a story.

This concept is really interesting in the context of evolution.

How did we evolve to a two sex system?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by checkitb4uwreckit

how could god just "TAKE" a mammal then make it look like himself, wouldn't he have to make mammals first? That completely contradicts the adam and eve story... And you are claiming this as if you KNOW. Did you see this happen, or just claiming this with no evidence whatsoever and just pretending you have all of this hidden knowledge nobody else has? Do you have any proof this is what happened?

Yes, I seem to have information that at the very LEAST you do not have..

Genesis 1:24-27. God creates animals before Mankind.

The "Adam and Eve' story, as you put it.. is actually the second chapter in the story.. as I have stated in this thread. According to jewish teachings (who the story originates from) Adam had a first mate, created at the same time, named Lilith. The inconsistancies in the creation story come from mangling it to disclude Lilith.

And I am not speaking like I 'know' God.. because he isn't real, in my belief. I am explaining a story to you, nothing more.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Isaiah 46:9-11

9 Remember the former things, those of long ago;
I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me.

10 I make known the end from the beginning,
from ancient times, what is still to come.
I say: My purpose will stand,
and I will do all that I please.

11 From the east I summon a bird of prey;
from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.
What I have said, that will I bring about;
what I have planned, that will I do.

Being that He knows the end from the beginning, I would say He had female in mind from the beginning.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
A penis is a clitoris, testicles are descended ovaries, bible stories are made by men who had no clue about the guise of gender. A man and a woman is not natural, A-sexuality is normal. Man and woman are just split A-sexual beings. A good example is a komodo dragon, the female doesn't need a man to reproduce she can do it herself, but if she sees a trait in a guy komodo dragon she will breed with him so that her offspring will have that trait.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexG141989

17 But from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you must not eat, for on the day you eat of it you will die."

18 And Yahweh God said, "It is not good that the man is alone. I will make for him a suitable helper."

Did God originally have the intentions of creating Eve??? After he created Adam, he felt adam needed a "suitable helper" so he created Eve, adn they later procreated. The fact that they procreated would mean that Adam already had a penis, and sperm lol.... Now If God obviously had no intentions of orignally creating Eve, why would Adam have needed sperm???

Was beastiality acceptable? lol

[edit on 6-11-2008 by AlexG141989]

Because if you know anything, it is that Adam is not, repeat NOT, the first human being.... he was 'the' man created in God's 'own' image.

Read your bible. It is all there. Mankind was created twice. Adam was a special 'side project' if you will. He had no 'helper', but one was created for him later on.

If you also think about it logically is was how Cain was able (no pun intended) to leave the land of Eden and enter into other lands and take for himself a wife... read and learn, read and learn...

"For in the day you partake of the fruits of the tree of knowledge you shall become as gods yourselves" That is the key... think about it for a while and if you still don't get it, U2U me.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by checkitb4uwreckit

I have 'evidence' and my own faith in what I know to be true. care to look through the rabit hole?

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The story of Adam and Eve was never made to be analyzed by minds of our nature.

So obviously there will be some difficulties in connecting it to our reality.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

And seriously.. who can argue folks, if he isn't the authority.. who is?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join