It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God Create Adam With A Penis, But Have No Intention of Creating Eve???

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

I seems to me that the story of Adam and Eve is pretty degrading to woman.

Much of the bible, especially the Old Testament, is extremely degrading to women. It's not just Adam & Eve.

An Honest Search for the Truth Pt 3: The Valuation of Women

The story of Adam and Eve was never made to be analyzed by minds of our nature.

Correction. The story of Adam & Eve was never meant to be analyzed -at all-. It was meant to be accepted and believed at face value and without question. The fact that it has been analyzed and pondered for generations is a testament to how repugnant it is to our sense of reason, compassion, and understanding. One of the most beautiful works to come of this quest for reconciliation between reason and faith is Milton's Paradise Lost - which I would highly recommend even if you don't believe in Genesis. After all, you don't need to worship the Greek Pantheon to enjoy the Odyssey.

[edit on 8-11-2008 by Lasheic]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Aye, Paradise Lost was what originally got me interested in the Creation Story, not really knowing much about how Christians viewed it. It was (and is) so fascinating that people still believe this (these conflicting) account(s) of the origins of Man.

Star for the Literature!

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

well then I guess myself, my parents my grandfather (who happens to be a pastor and has been one for over 60 years) oh and the rest of my fiance's family AND my fiance himself

we're all going to hell.

right.

because we are fornicators (in my dad's case even an ADULTER!)

but it's ok because as long as we believe that Jesus died for our sins all is forgiven, right? But that isn't enough, we can't be weekend warriors, we can't minister to people and not really believe it ourselves, because no matter how many people I turn to God, because I wasn't a TRUE believer...I'm going to get sent to hell.

Oh and prop8? Last time I checked this wasn't ABOUT PROP 8. But since you brought it up, why do you care so much about what OTHER PEOPLE DO IN THEIR OWN LIVES, you believe in free will don't you?

Think about this, why would God give us this so-called "free will" if we weren't actually allowed to USE it, if we do we get sent to hell? The old testament also says not to eat meat...do you? Oh wait, can't wait to hear the argument about the OT being the OT and the NT being the NT, here's a line from Jesus himself.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished." (Matthew 5:17-18)

So according to Jesus...we should STILL be following the OT...ok great, glad that's out of the way.

What about "love thy neighbor"? What would happen if you died today and were having that lil' talk with JC? How would you explain to the man who preached about tolerance and acceptance of others, your hatred and contempt for a man who loves another man, or a woman who loves another woman? Who are you to deny another human being the right and privilege to be with the person they care about legally and respectively?

Let me guess, you care about their eternal souls SOOO much that it's pushed you off to the extreme. TOUGH LOVE amirite?

Anywho...I'm sure it would be a GREAT conversation, I'd love to be there, but I'll be burning in hell along with all the other cool kids.

-JR

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Because if you know anything, it is that Adam is not, repeat NOT, the first human being.... he was 'the' man created in God's 'own' image.

Read your bible. It is all there. Mankind was created twice. Adam was a special 'side project' if you will. He had no 'helper', but one was created for him later on.

If you also think about it logically is was how Cain was able (no pun intended) to leave the land of Eden and enter into other lands and take for himself a wife... read and learn, read and learn...

"For in the day you partake of the fruits of the tree of knowledge you shall become as gods yourselves" That is the key... think about it for a while and if you still don't get it, U2U me.

Cain leaving the land of Eden, and taking for himself a wife is just another plot hole in this story...

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

Correction. The story of Adam & Eve was never meant to be analyzed -at all-. It was meant to be accepted and believed at face value and without question. The fact that it has been analyzed and pondered for generations is a testament to how repugnant it is to our sense of reason, compassion, and understanding.

I find this passage of your reply to be a complete contradiction here as it seems your asserting that something is supposed to be blindly accepted without question. To 'analyze and ponder' as you put it is the only way to understand something which is not understood.

So how are we to possibly understand something if we are refrained from questions and curiosity

I would think if Jesus is so called up there in heaven right now and did all those fantastical amazing miracles than a couple of questions would not bother 'The Great One'

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
God didnt want him having sex with animals, duh!

lol, good question, but you are taking into account that god is a real person, with magical abilites, rather than an Aincent Being, with super High tech Science Kit....

they are 4500 Space Pounds,if you want to make your own planet and Be a GOD!(space pounds are made from the extremly rare space element: Water)

Bit of a Con though those Planet kits, they take 5 million years before the planted spores start to even grow. then you have to wait for them to evolve...Sigh! We need some interjection! and along comes gene splicing...

What where we talking about again?

[edit on 9-11-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Please Star this post if you saw a white flash when reloding/visiting the page

3times, it happend checked, three times, why did the page flash white?
I dont think i saw any words/images, but cannot be sure...

Back to topic............

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bandaidctrl

Hi,

I... you may have missed a few comments that would or should have revealed the spirit behind the post to which you are referring. I was just being annoying....... on USENET or forums such as this we call it "trolling". That's OK... most people post with the intent of speaking to those who are probably just lurking. I will use your comments as a timely opportunity to address a few common misconceptions concerning the Bible. Ummm... here is a snippet from a later post which should clear things up a bit...

Sorry... I was just being annoying... kinda' like many of these silly anti KOG threads such as this one.

First up...... we ain't enemies........ let me say that again.... WE ARE NOT ENEMIES! Got it.......????

Yah....... I do believe in "free will"....... and I've even seen "it" in action! Let's git it on! I wanna' see what happens when "free will" is truly applied in "the land of the free home of the brave". I'm game. I will pull up a front row seat and observe this "free will" and the consequences of our "free will" when fully and openly practiced. I'm willing. Are you?

Yep... everybody sins. However, not everyone attempts to whitewash or justify their "sins". Downside of "free wheelin' sinning" is that we have to live the consequences of our sins. You have experienced the "wages of sin". Planet Weasel is a place of testing and refinement. We are here to observe a taste of hell here in Satan's Kingdom/KOS. This life is really interesting and kinda' fun. Pull up a chair and observe what just might be the "greatest show in the universe".

My "beliefs" are just that....... I can't PROVE anything that I believe. I can observe the consequences of our actions. Do what cha' gotta' do and I will take notes on the results of both your and my actions. Is the act or thought "carnal" or "spiritual"? That tiz da' bottom line...

As for judging someone... I always take note of the means which a person uses to achieve their goals. There are no "excuses".... Play by the rules or face "da' Man".

About "caring" for others..... My reading of Scripture as I stated elsewhere in this thread is "extreme". I would suggest that anyone reading this thread take another look at the OT/NT. Like I said.... If I am right... even sort of right... anyone not under God's protection is in big trouble. This is ATS. The Alien/Demons are right behind you.................. BOO!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

Hey Kog, thanks for your reply, I agree wholeheartedly, we ARE NOT enemies, I unfortunately have a nasty habit of nitpicking text in particular (you can blame my theatre background for this)
I didn't mean to offend you in anyway so I apologize if my response took you aback

I'll give some short responses addressing your response, I'm not trying to get into a full blown debate here...

I too have seen the consequences of free will, it's rather savage, as human beings we are ingrained with violence from the very beginning.

I'll pull up a chair right next you!!!

./agree to your beliefs and judgement statements, I will take notes!

To each his own

-JR

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
1st mistake, Adam is not the first man created in the bible.

2nd mistake, even if he had been, the male member is a multi functional piece of hardware.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

The testicles aren't. Did Adam have those from the get-go?

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I was a sophomore in Catholic High School when I was taught by my theology teacher that the story of Adam & Eve was a parable to explain creation.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

My second point was suppose to be more humourous than anything else; the OP was questioning whether Adam had a penis. You don't need testicles to have one.

but your question is valid, because yes; If you've actually rehd the old testament without any preconceived notions, he did.

[edit on 11/10/2008 by JPhish]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

Nice one - I have to admit, that glaring plot hole never even occurred to me. Makes you wonder how it got past the editors...

"Hey, Larry, I have a problem here. He starts out single, with Eve as an afterthought, so how come he comes with the hardware built in? Or should we call it an upgrade?"

"Dude, the EIC wants this thing done and on the presses by Tuesday. Just leave it - who's gonna notice one more plot hole?"

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

stichin says annuaki at the begiining were giving birth to humans and they were both male and female but they couldint procreate ;' annuaki ladies were tired of being used as a slave factory so we were again genetically manipulated to have offsprings and yes the whole time we were "ready" but could not procreate

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Nice one - I have to admit, that glaring plot hole never even occurred to me. Makes you wonder how it got past the editors...

"Hey, Larry, I have a problem here. He starts out single, with Eve as an afterthought, so how come he comes with the hardware built in? Or should we call it an upgrade?"

"Dude, the EIC wants this thing done and on the presses by Tuesday. Just leave it - who's gonna notice one more plot hole?"

lol...
that was classic

stichin says annuaki at the begiining were giving birth to humans and they were both male and female but they couldint procreate ;' annuaki ladies were tired of being used as a slave factory so we were again genetically manipulated to have offsprings and yes the whole time we were "ready" but could not procreate

I honestly cannot tell whether you are being serious or not...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

"And God created Adam's balls, and they were good."

something like that?

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Most of you guys are just trying to disprove the Bible and all that is "godly" or "religious" because you are wary that Biblical principles might infringe on what you believe to be your "rights," like abortion, premarital sex, homosexuality, lascivious partying, drugs, etc., when you don't understand the fundamental message of Christianity from the beginning - that Christ sets you FREE from restraints, that you might live in PEACE with God and with others.

ANYWAY, in regards to the question, I thought of that many years ago, myself, as a critically thinking (and, yes, fundamental) Christian. Therefore, I have had much time to consider this "oversight." No, it does not make sense for God to have created human beings with a reproductive system, especially when He had originally planned for them to live eternally with Him while enjoying His creation. Once death entered the world because Sin entered the world, it would suddenly become necessary to reproduce. Now, Genesis says that God cursed Adam and Eve because of their sin, and one of the consequences was "pain with childbirth." It might seem logical to conclude from that statement that childbirth was possible even before Sin entered the human equation. So was it that God made man and wife to enjoy each other's body just as He intended for married couples to do today?

You see, God did not create Adam and then several weeks later create Eve. He created them, male and female, on the same day. But He chose to give a pause, an interlude of sorts, to declare man's need for companionship, for a helpmate, for woman. In the beginning, God chose to create woman from man in order to symbolize woman's dependence on man. This was not a sexist act but a symbolic act to symbolize the relationship that mankind has with God -- one of dependence, and to symbolize the relationship that they had with one another -- one of partnership, of interdependence, of sacrifice, and of one substance. God could have chosen easily to do it differently, but for the sake of His divine eloquence, chose not to. He is wise in all things. He had a plan in mind. He forsaw all things.

Okay so, did Adam and Eve have belly buttons? Well, why would they have needed them? Is it hard for us to imagine a human being without one? Sure. But does that mean that they therefore MUST have had one? No!

Any other questions? It will be interesting to see whether any of you heathens (just kidding) respond.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

haha, it would fit well

but wouldn't it be unnecessary? It says that G*d created a man. No more need be said.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
God knows the future so probably yeah...
He knew Adam was going to eat the apple...

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join