It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone feel good about this? What does this mean for us?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
I see this as a slow motion car crash. We started to skid off the road with the republican deregulation of banking and industry. So we overcorrect to get back on the road, by electing someone that appears, and has the voting record to prove, to be far left and wanting to take away from those more fortunate.

What I fear more is what we're going to see in 4 or 8 years. If we avoid the tree and go off the left side of the road, we're likely to see an even bigger overcorrection back to the right.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Why is everyone dissing obama so harshly, saying he wont pull through with his promises, when he hasnt even become president yet? He was elected, but he wont even be our president until january and everyone is already bashing him and saying he wont be a good president?

Why dont you give him a chance first to prove himself to you, and if he fails THEN say something, but until then theres no need for all this extra negativity.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

What Obama wants to do is cut the tax the middle class pays (been getting the short end for my entire life) and increase the taxes on those who make a quarter million a year. You know, the people who can afford to get out of paying taxes with lawyers.

I'm just curious as to how the business owners who make $250,000 will pay for this "increase" in taxes. I have asked around to business owners in my area as to how they would pay this extra tax. They replied by "increasing the cost of their services". So my assumption is that the consumer will end up paying for the taxes of these businesses. For example, the owner of a resturant who makes that much money, would have to increase their prices for the food they serve to pay for the tax. Does Obama actually think that people making that much money would just reach into their pockets and give it away? They will try to find others ways to pay for the tax increase by increasing the prices of products and the consumer will be the actual one paying. Correct me if I wrong.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan123
Why is everyone dissing obama so harshly, saying he wont pull through with his promises, when he hasnt even become president yet?

That is what I'm afraid of most, that HE WILL follow thru with those promises.

He was elected, but he wont even be our president until january and everyone is already bashing him and saying he wont be a good president?

Because about 44% of us didn't vote for him because we didn't agree with his idea of what is needed for our country. Many are leary about what the next fours will mean for us & we choose to speak out about our disapproval rather than "go along for the ride."

Why dont you give him a chance first to prove himself to you, and if he fails THEN say something, but until then theres no need for all this extra negativity.

When it comes to my future & the futures of my children, giving him a chance is not really what I want to do. I'll respect him as my president, but I will fight every single change he seeks out if it affects my life or my childrens furture in a negative way.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by havanaja
What do you think has been happening to the economy for the last 12 months, probably even earlier except big money kept it under wrap? The economy was tanking well before Obama was a serious candidate.

Good grief.
Get your head out of the sand and stop being brainwashed by over the top speeches.

In 2006, the Democrats gained control of Congress. Please tell me what was wrong with the economy before 2006. Answer: The economy was strong even though we had 9/11 and fighting in two wars. Once the Democrats took control in 2006, the economy started to tank thanks to their lending rules forced upon Fannie & Freddie.

So please stop spewing the obvious talking points and start thinking for yourself once and awhile.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
i disagree that he got elected just because he is black. he had the best plan, he had the best campaign by far. he inspired way more voters by fay with his eloquence, charisma and confidence. he won it because he was the best candidate period.

Perhaps I should have said, his race and the disappointment with the last 8 years were the Primary reason he was elected. Yes, he did have the better campaign, but by no means was he the better candidate.

even without the experience i feel he was the most intelligent and best man for the job.

I disagree.

also the way people around the globe are reacting to his election is awesome. and hopefully this will translate to better diplomtic relations with the rest of the worls as well as our foreign policy.

I don't put much stock in what the world thinks of America. The fact that the people of Kenya are having a holiday over his victory does nothing to inspire my spirit of hope. It is the fact that some in the world are excited and optimistic about Obamas election that scares me. When people who are hostile towards America as well as wish her ill will are cheering for a candidate, I don't take it as a good thing.

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Big mistake buddy! If you openly criticise Obama your being racist and your views instantly dismissed!!

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Not at all. Only if you criticize Obama for things like being a Muslim, or having a middle eastern name, or something of the like.

If you have an intelligent reason to criticize Obama on his policies, such as you believe that cutting taxes for Big MultiNationals will help the economic recovery more so than giving the wage earners and a tax break so they can increase their purchasing power, than there is nothing racist about that.

But if you don't have a reason based on some sort of logic, then racist or not the ciriticism is meaningless drivel...

...kinda like saying "you can't criticize Obama or you will be called racist!"

[edit on 9-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join