It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Pox Bio Terror Threat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
NYTimes.com
Tuesday, November 4, 2008

TRACES OF TERROR: THE BIOTERROR THREAT; Report Provides New Details Of Soviet Smallpox Accident

Moscow has never acknowledged the outbreak or that it ever tested smallpox in the open air. But late last year, a former top official in the Soviet germ weapons program spoke of the incident in an interview with a Moscow newspaper, and Kazakh officials have recently been investigating the outbreak's origins.

The outbreak struck Aralsk, a port on the Aral sea in what was then the Kazakh Republic. The report says a ship doing ecological research sailed too close to a military smallpox test that sent out a deadly plume of germs, infecting a crew member who carried the virus back to the city.

This is proof of the danger we face in an eventual outbreak of the deadly virus Small Pox. If less than one pound having been tested on a remote island infected a ships crew some 9 miles away, we now have the evidence we need to understand the epidemic we would face if it were used in conjunction with for instance a dirty bomb.

''We know that the vaccine works well in the vast majority of cases,'' Alan P. Zelicoff, a team member who is also a physician and smallpox expert at the Sandia National Laboratories, said in an interview. ''What the new data strongly suggests is that we have much more work to do on new vaccines and the development of antiviral drugs, none of which are available today.''

So what we have discovered is that the current vaccines will be rendered practically useless on a large majority of people. That our prior worst case scenario of person to person contact is not the worst case afterall. If it travels on the wind and 1 out of 3 vaccinated persons survive, then what if millions become affected by this super strain?

In envisioning a smallpox attack, terrorism experts consider person-to-person contact a main threat. Members of the Monterey team said the blowing of germs in the wind suggested that a contemporary smallpox threat could be harder to combat and contain.

This could be the reason entire Governments are preparing their citizens, why all the make shift FEMA housing has been manned and ready for the past couple of years.

I am personally very concerned that they already know what is about to happen, and could this be the event that would cause the next President to be catapulted into a situation which makes 911 pale in comparison?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Here is the link to the NYtimes.com site where you can read for yourself the results of the resent discoveries and cover up of facts relating the the most potentially dangerous Bio Terror threat we face as a Nation.

God help us all if this is our fate.

query.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
from the research i've done the U.S. stopped vacinating for this in the 70's

it is something to worry about and thanks for posting it

star n flag to you

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Wow!

That is certainly interesting.

Smallpox vaccines are not given here any more, and aren't even in general supply.

As much as I love germs it bothers me how "research" venues like this one, whether they have the goal of being weaponized or not, can be so careless when studying dangerous diseases.

It is like a Russian Plum Island.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
From The CDC

What You Should Know About a Smallpox Outbreak

The thought of a smallpox outbreak is scary, but public health officials are preparing to respond quickly and effectively to such an event. The public can prepare too, by being informed. This fact sheet was created to provide members of the public with basic information about the possible use of smallpox as a biological weapon and what to do if that happens. If a smallpox emergency occurs, more detailed information and instructions will be available on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) web site and through other channels such as radio and television.

How long do you suppose we will have access to the internet once an outbreak happens?

Why Smallpox is a Concern:
Because smallpox was wiped out many years ago, a case of smallpox today would be the result of an intentional act. A single confirmed case of smallpox would be considered an emergency.

Thanks to the success of vaccination, the last natural outbreak of smallpox in the U.S. occurred in 1949. By 1972, routine smallpox vaccinations for children in the U.S. were no longer needed. In 1980, smallpox was said to be wiped out worldwide, and no cases of naturally occurring smallpox have happened since.

Today, the smallpox virus is kept in two approved labs in the U.S. and Russia. However, credible concern exists that the virus was made into a weapon by some countries and that terrorists may have obtained it. Smallpox is a serious, even deadly, disease. CDC calls it a “Category A” agent. Category A agents are believed to present the greatest potential threat for harming public health.

According to the OP, this agent has most probably been sold to rogue Nations and after manipulations could be the greatest danger we face biologically.

That we have discovered it to be able to be spread by the wind has given the risk factor all new meaning.

Exposure to an aerosol release of smallpox (the virus is put in the air). On rare occasions in the past, smallpox was spread by virus carried in the air in enclosed places such as buildings, buses, and trains. The smallpox virus is not strong and is killed by sunlight and heat. In lab experiments, 90% of aerosolized smallpox virus dies within 24 hours; in the presence of sunlight, this percentage would be even greater.

Again I refer you to the OP where it clearly did not kill the strain after being exposed to the air or sun and went on to infect multipal people over 9 miles away.

Signs and Symptoms
For the first 7 to 17 days after exposure, the infected person feels fine and is not contagious (cannot spread the disease).
After 7-17 days, the first symptoms of smallpox appear. These include fever, tiredness, head and body aches, and sometimes vomiting. The fever is usually high, in the range of 101 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit. At this time, people are usually too sick to carry on their normal activities. This stage may last for 2 to 4 days.
Next, a rash appears first as small red spots on the tongue and in the mouth. A rash then appears on the skin, starting on the face and spreading to the arms and legs and then to the hands and feet. Usually the rash spreads to all parts of the body within 24 hours.
The rash becomes raised bumps and the bumps become “pustules”, which are raised, usually round and firm to the touch as if there’s a small round object under the skin.
The pustules begin to form a crust and then scab. By the end of the second week after the rash appears, most of the sores have scabbed over.
The scabs begin to fall off, leaving scars. Most scabs will have fallen off three weeks after the rash first appears.

I wonder if antivirals such as Tamiflu would be effective if taken profilactically once an outbreak is evident? It is a viral illness.
Another point from the Op was that in Russia the symptoms became much worse than what the CDC has reported with Hemmoragic Small Pox even in those who had had the Vaccination.

If a smallpox outbreak happens, public health officials will use television, radio, newspapers, the Internet and other channels to inform members of the public about what to do to protect themselves and their families.If a smallpox outbreak happens, public health officials will use television, radio, newspapers, the Internet and other channels to inform members of the public about what to do to protect themselves and their families.
Officials will tell people where to go for care if they think they have smallpox.
Smallpox patients will be isolated (kept away from other people who could get sick from them) and will receive the best medical care possible. Isolation prevents the virus from spreading to others.
Anyone who has had contact with a smallpox patient will be offered smallpox vaccination as soon as possible. Then, the people who have had contact with those individuals will also be vaccinated. Following vaccination, these people will need to watch for any signs of smallpox. People who have been exposed to smallpox may be asked to take their temperatures regularly and report the results to their health department.
The smallpox vaccine may also be offered to those who have not been exposed, but would like to be vaccinated. At local clinics, the risks and benefits of the vaccine will be explained and professionals will be available to answer questions.
No one will be forced to be vaccinated, even if they have been exposed to smallpox.
To prevent smallpox from spreading, anyone who has been in contact with a person with smallpox but who decides not to get the vaccine may need to be isolated for at least 18 days. During this time, they will be checked for symptoms of smallpox.
People placed in isolation will not be able to go to work. Steps will be taken to care for their everyday needs (e.g., food and other needs).

Now I no longer have proof of this but it is my understanding that entire communities can be quarantined reguardless of whether or not single individuals show the initial symptoms. Health care professionals such as first resonders, ambulance will remain at least 100 yards from the home where the call comes from and check the patient by using binoculars and mega phones.
It states up above that their needs will be met, food ect. I do not see how this is going to work if it is an airborne type contaminant.
Another point to be considered is that if an entire community becomes infected, and again I no longer have the proof, their belongs and personal property then become part of the state including their personal bank accounts and all personal property.
I personally believe that this is going to become a world wide epidemic and time is running out on knowing how to treat and or survive it.
One thing for certain, you will not be able to count on outside sources to help you when the going gets rough.
If you find yourself in a community which has been quarantined, it will only be a matter of time before they 'cleanse' the community. If you are a survivor, I have no idea if they will even allow you to leave...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

The first people to recieve the vaccines will be the military and first responders, after that the supply will be depleated.
Hospitals will shut their doors an allow noone in until the all clear, so what ever your ailment the hospital will not be there for you. Many lives wil be lost because of this fact alone.

Children being born will not have the luxury of being born at hospitals, heartattacks due to the stress, you name it, we use hospitals and doctors office everyday and expect them to be there in a crisis, however the entire world can go into shut down for a period of time when this happens.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
if you stop and think about it, it's probably the most effective way to lower the population and stop the strain on natural resources; without all the bullets and bombs.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I cannot help but think that myself. Also think of the huge amounts of money that will be sequestered by the aftermath...

I knew something bad was destined to happen when Bush went all out on this issue a couple of years back. I just do not think he wanted to be responsible for more than he already had on his plate. It would have been too much of a black mark on the family.

Could this be the doom and gloom factor of the century?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

We havent even left one terror and we're nosediving into another!!!!

I was hoping to have a new president and some peace for at least a year.

I guess i better get off of that cloud #9???

Thanks for the info, Antar.

Geeeesh!!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i posted this in the last thread about bio-terrorism because i think it is very important
so ill post it again here

www.americanfreepress.net...

OVER THE PAST SEVEN YEARS, more than two dozen of the world’s most esteemed microbiologists—all of whom were focused on combating bioterrorism—have died under questionable circumstances.

One was stabbed with a sword, another run over by a car, while a third was bashed over the head until dead. A scientist was found with repeated stab wounds to the chest; another was shoved under a chair (naked from the waist down); one perished in a nitrogen-filled airlock; another was carjacked, with his keys still in the ignition and a full tank of gas.

None of these men died of natural causes. Their murders were deliberate, and it’s sending a clear message to virus experts, immunologists, entomologists, and those researching bio-weaponry: your lives are in grave danger.

i personally think a bio-terror attack would occur before nuke attacks

also ......health.usnews.com...

The fact of the matter is, we – when it comes to pandemics, we are overdue, and we're underprepared. And it's necessary that we speak with candor about it and that we move with dispatch to prepare.

Pandemics are a biologic fact of life. They're part of the microbial world of viruses and bacteria and microbes that are constantly mutating, constantly adapting. They are aggressors, constantly seeking more fruitful hosts.

again a bio attack would be cause the most damage because people would spread the disease before they know they were infected....it would take out a large amount of people.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Are old vaccinations still good? What if you had two? I'm not sure why I had two..but I did.
Does military get boosters for this?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects
Are old vaccinations still good? What if you had two? I'm not sure why I had two..but I did.
Does military get boosters for this?

They say not, that even the people who last took the vaccines are no longer covered. Not to mention this has most probably mutated due to strain manipulation and what we are fighting now is a super virus unlike ever before known.

We discover without a doubt today that much more effort needs to be devoted to research, the virus is now airborn.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by antar]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Bioterror - used on native americans by people who were terrorists, really.

Ya, I have the DHS crap book about all the war and attacks that we could face...I don't have trillions of dollars so I guess I try to stay as informed as I can and try to teach others that life isn't all "peaches and cream" or "Paris and Britney"... it's not very effective is what scares the crap out of me.

Thanks for posting this! S/F

Oh right - if our government cared a crap they'd be informing us like stuff that happened in WW2 and stuff - get gas masks, etc... meh, I guess it's not enough of a threat to the people who have private, tax funded airplanes and a whole country at their "disposal"...

[edit on 4-11-2008 by SolarSeaman]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

We havent even left one terror and we're nosediving into another!!!!

I was hoping to have a new president and some peace for at least a year.

I guess i better get off of that cloud #9???

Thanks for the info, Antar.

Geeeesh!!

I know DG, just have a bad feeling that we need to take this threat to the next level and start to learn what we can do to survive it. We cannot rely on goods and services, we have prepared for that, but how to save our loved ones lives, thats why I had to come out with this thread.

Originally posted by robertnesta
i posted this in the last thread about bio-terrorism because i think it is very important
so ill post it again here

www.americanfreepress.net...

I couldnt agree with you more and saw your post when you made it. I have been well aware of the over 60 dead scientists all connected to what it will take to help the world when this unfolds. I was a regular some years ago on the Steven Quayle site and he has done extensive reseach on the Dead Scientists.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
ATS Supporting Thread

October Surprises: The U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary, Michael Leavitt, has declared a series of 'public health emergencies' -- due to risk of a bioterrorism attack.

The above article by Lori Price is a must read.

Below taken from an article From Johns Hopkins Center for Civilian Biodefense Studies:

Smallpox poses an unusually serious threat; in part, because virtually everyone is now susceptible, vaccination having stopped worldwide 20 or more years ago as a result of the eradication of the disease.

Because of waning immunity, it is probable that no more than 20% of the population is protected. Among the unprotected, case fatality rates after infection with smallpox are 30%. There is no treatment. Virus, in aerosol form, can survive for 24 hours or more and is highly infectious even at low dosages

An outbreak in which as few as 100 people were infected would quickly tax the resources of any community. There would be both actual cases and people with a fever and rash for whom the diagnosis was uncertain. In all, 200 or more patients would probably have to be treated in the first wave of cases. Most of the patients would be extremely ill with severe aching pains and high fever and would normally be hospitalized.

Hospitalization poses problems, however. Because of the risk of widespread transmission of the virus, patients would have to be confined to rooms under negative pressure that were equipped with special filters to prevent the escape of the virus. Hospitals have few rooms so ventilated; there would, for example, probably be less than 100 in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area.

A vaccination program would have to be undertaken rapidly to protect as many as possible of those who had been in contact with the patients. Vaccination given within 3 to 4 days after exposure can protect most people against a fatal outcome and may prevent the disease entirely. It is unlikely, however, that smallpox would be diagnosed early enough and vaccination programs launched rapidly enough to prevent infection of many of the people exposed during the first wave.

Few physicians have ever seen smallpox and few, if any, have ever received training in its diagnosis. Moreover, mounting a vaccination campaign requires time unless there has been advance planning, and no city has yet done such planning. The human immunodeficiency virus epidemic and the more general issue of vaccine complications among immunosuppressed populations introduce added complexity to decision-making regarding smallpox vaccination administration.

A second wave of cases would be almost inevitable. From experiences with smallpox imported into Europe over the past 40 years, it is estimated that there would be at least 10 secondary cases for every case in the first wave or 1000 cases in all, appearing some 14 days after the first wave. Vaccination would initially be needed for health workers, essential service personnel, and contacts of patients at home and at work.

With mounting numbers of cases, contacts, and involved areas, mass vaccination would soon be the only practical approach. That would not be possible, however, because present vaccine supplies are too limited, there being approximately 5 to 7 million doses currently available.

To put this number in perspective, in New York City in 1947, 6 million people were vaccinated over approximately 1 week in response to a total of eight cases of smallpox. Moreover, there are no longer any manufacturers of smallpox vaccine. Best estimates indicate that substantial additional supplies could not be ensured sooner than 36 months from the initial outbreak.

The author is at the Johns Hopkins Center for Civilian Biodefense Studies, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, Suite 850, Candler Building, 111 Market Place, Baltimore, MD 21202, USA.

...taps...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Excellent contribution however, my Mom took part in a FEMA based emergency first responder program back in 2005 or 6 where she did a mock vaccination of over 300 people in a very short period of time.

It was very surreal and covered by the media if you care to check into it.

The first responders have protocols already in place and are as trained as can be under emergency rules. They first would inject eachother and then their families, and then the public.

It is done with a stick into the subcutaneous area on the hand or arm and then sent home to either succumb or survive, no hospitals for the sick.

Mom belonged to the Yavapi County Reserve Corps, in Prescott Arizona.

She joined to tell you the truth, to give me and my family a heads up when it comes. Mom has since passed away.

I know that we as a very tight forum have specialists in every walk of life and occupation. With that said, ignorance will kill with this virus, and there are no guarantees of survival in the best of informed circles, but a little heads up and some instruction 'in case' will make all the difference when the time comes.

You will not be able to get into a hospital anywhere for any reason, that you can count on, the doors will be locked and noone will leave or enter.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Small pox-like viruses have been around for 1000s of years. They didn't have hospitals and traditional anti-virals 500 years ago. Therefore (1) we are offspring who have come from strong people who have either had it, fought it off and survived - or (2) have some type of natural immunity to it - or (3) our ancesters used something readily available from the earth to cure themselves, and be able to reproduce and have us. So - I'm going to assume #1 & #2 don't apply to everyone - so what natural things can we use to cure ourselves (#3 option). I know a great anti-viral is black elderberry extract (I have it here just in case of avian flu - forget tamiflu; that's useless). What did the ancesters use to cure smallpox?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Luckily, there are many good antiviral herbs.

The rest of this page discusses anti viral herbs that have general effects against any number of viruses.

Best natural antiviral herbal remedies

* Echinacea may be the best general herbal remedy against viruses. Echinacea works by destroying viruses & boosting the immune system so that your own body can then eliminate the virus. Especially good for flu viruses. Take supplements as directed, especially right before flu & cold season. Take in cycles of 6 weeks on & 6 weeks off as needed.

* Hypoxis Rooper (African Potato) improves the immune system according to research.

* Astragalus is also one of the valuable antiviral herbs due to its ability to boost the immune system. Take as directed when needed.

* Agathosma Betulina (buchu) is a natural antiviral that has antioxidant & antiseptic activity & helps the body rid itself of toxins. Good as a preventive.

* Mentha peperita better known as peppermint supports the body’s immune system. Scientific studies show peppermint’s is one of the anti viral herbs that shows a good effect on tuberculosis. Using peppermint essential oil or drinking lots of peppermint tea are pleasant, economical ways of using peppermint.

* Dragon’s blood is a lesser known herbal remedy for viruses. Especially useful against herpes virus. May be available in pill form. Take as directed.

* Solidago Virgaurea (Goldenrod) is one of the traditional antiviral herbs, used for hundreds of years. It seems to increase the ability of the body to fight infections.

* What could you say about garlic, an herb that has so many beneficial effects that it is treated with a reverence by many peoples of the world. Most people find garlic to be delicious too. This natural antiviral can be used for flu, cold & any number of viruses. Consume it raw or lightly cooked in any number of dishes including salads, stir frys, soups etc. Take supplements as directed making sure that supplement has active ingredients.

* Onions are also an anti viral herb though not as effective as garlic. Certainly you could come up with many dishes that contain garlic & onion which go together very well.

* Schizandra Sinesis is a powerful Chinese herb, an herbal remedy against viruses that protects against toxins and cell damage.

* Goldenseal is also an immune stimulant. Many supplements pair goldenseal with with other antiviral herbs like echinacea for a 1 - 2 punch against viruses.

* Olea Europea (from olive leaf) is a very valuable herb & natural antiviral. It helps fight numerous germs. The positive effects of Olive leaf have recently been proven in a variety of clinical studies. Olive leaf also stimulates the immune system.

It may also help stop the production of enzymes that a retrovirus, such as HIV, needs in order to change the RNA of a healthy cell. I’ve used it in place of root canal surgery to good effect. Take supplements as directed but you may need to double or triple dose the first day you are symptomatic.

* Juniper is also an excellent anti viral herbal remedy, excellent against flu & cold virus. Makes a good cold season tea that could be sipped throughout the day.

* Lemon balm also makes a good anti viral herbal tea & is especially valued as anti-herpes.

* Licorice is yet another herb that makes an excellent tea. Effective anti viral herb against many viruses. Take supplement or make a tea out of licorice root.

* Shiitake mushroom is also one of our favorite antiviral herbs. Consume in various dishes or use supplements as directed.

* Ginger, like garlic is a superb herb with numerous health benefits including its natural antiviral effects. Use as a tea or in numerous dishes. Juice a small slice along with fruits like apples, carrots, celery, [parsley - to taste for a wonderfully healthy concoction.

Other natural anti viral herbs

Some other herbal remedies against viruses are not as well known for that purpose but have been cited as antiviral. They include:

* Boneset

* Cat’s claw

* Chamomile

* Cinnamon

* Ginseng

* St. John’s wort

Salvator Giustra is a NYC Teaching Fellow, health researcher, clinical psychotherapist & computer scientist. He currently runs three websites (Healthy World) that advance the idea that good health is based on simple, traditional, commonsense knowledge which research tends to support repeatedly. For info on how water affects health, visit: Healthy Water For info on using herbal remedies, visit: Article Source: www.NewAgeArticles.com
al herbs.

It would be benificial to have many of these natural agents on hand prior to an epidemic... needless to say once we the public learn of the infection it will be too late.

Thanks for the natural question about preventative cures. This is what we will need to know in order to survive. We may not have a whole lot of time before this happens so start picking up what you can now.

www.newagearticles.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
www.encyclopedia.com...

FOCUS@HEALTH; Ancient smallpox described as killer of kings, commoners

Not so many people alive in ancient times as today, the spread would have lasted loger as there were no preventitave measures in place. However, with less people to infect the strain would eventually die much sooner than it would today.

SMALLPOX and bio-terrorism. The theme for this week's column.

What is smallpox? SMALLPOX and bio-terrorism. The theme for this week's column.

What is smallpox?

Smallpox (from the Latin words "varius" meaning "stained" or "varus"
meaning "mark on the skin" or "raised bumps") is a very contagious,
sometimes fatal, viral infection, that has claimed millions and millions of
lives in the various pandemics around the globe since around 10,000 BC,
when it first appeared in agricultural settlements in northeastern Africa.
Smallpox has been one of mankind's greatest scourges ever.

bioterrorism101.com...

If you're like most people, you currently have no plan regarding a smallpox outbreak or a bioterrorism incident other than to follow the herd and do what the government and medical authorities tell you to do if something terrible happens.

Then, in January of 2005, Bob Dorgin of the Los Angeles Times reported of a smallpox exercise:

WASHINGTON — At 9:03 a.m., a TV broadcast reported an outbreak of smallpox in four European countries, and a terrorist group tied to Al Qaeda claimed responsibility for spreading one of history's most dreaded diseases.

By midafternoon, as the president of the United States and leaders of major Western nations struggled to contain a cascade of horrors, authorities confirmed 3,320 smallpox cases across the globe. They warned of 660,000 potential victims, major political upheavals and a collapsing world economy in the weeks ahead.

That was the fake but terrifying scenario played out in a darkened hotel ballroom here Friday by former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright and 11 senior European diplomats and politicians. For seven hours, they grappled with a grim tabletop exercise that fused fact and fiction to help educate government officials about the growing threat of bioterrorism

The largely ineffective response of the "leaders," who huddled at a U-shaped table before 150 invited observers from the U.S. and foreign governments, exposed some of the likely problems real leaders would face in a bioterrorism assault.

I do not believe for an instant that these 'excercises' and the expense they incurred were in vain for some impossible scenario, rather it appears to be an exercise for an already known threat yet to be unleashed.

Note: This is a PDF file that you must download and print. At this time I do NOT sell printed copies. WebTVers can NOT purchase this file because WebTV will not read PDF files.

In this Special Bioterrorism Report, I share unconventional information from 19th and early 20th century doctors and healers who successfully helped people survive smallpox, plague, and other dangerously contagious diseases while many of those receiving conventional medical care at home and in hospitals were dropping like flies.

I urge you to take a look at what this link has to share about the ancient techniques for healing your family and preventing the virus from killing your loved ones. I have just discovered this site as well, so bare with me as we read it together.

bioterrorism101.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The first people to recieve the vaccines will be the military and first responders, after that the supply will be depleated.

I'm not sure I can blame "them" for that one.

Hospitals will shut their doors an allow noone in until the all clear, so what ever your ailment the hospital will not be there for you. Many lives wil be lost because of this fact alone.

And that is one of the best things they can do. In the absence of a vaccine or adequite treatment, quarentine is the most important thing that can stop the spread of a disease.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join