It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Small Pox Bio Terror Threat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I've had that child version of pox (don't know the english name but it's the one almost everyone gets.)

However, I did not even get ill, the only symptoms I had was red bumps, but they didn't itch, and they didn't look disgusting and they did not secrete weird substances.

I'll just assume that my resistance to this ''weird'' version of pox is quite OK as well.

If not, I always have my Hot-Cold Rex™ to save the day. (That crap managed to take my 40+ degrees celsius fever to a 30- degrees celsius fever lmao.)

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertnesta
i personally think a bio-terror attack would occur before nuke attacks

You're not far off - I read about how one of the tactics in a nuclear war would be to disperse biological/chem agents in the outlying destroyed areas after an attack, virtually guaranteeing no one lived in the target areas. Horribly effective considering all major infrastructure would be destroyed. I could see one or the other being first; however yours seems more plausible in a terrorist scenario. You could infect thousands of people (unknowingly since no "war" was raging), then strike the major city with a nuclear device and devestate the hospitals and medical facilities. Scary stuff.

I would rather face a chemical threat than bio - the incubation time of viruses are what make them such stealthy, effective weapons.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
smallpox huh? what happened to all the bird flu hype?
pandemic=solution
'just wait and see'
'H5N1, goodbye humanity'

no? well thats good, onto the next thing i guess.
stay smart and be ready
never fear

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Good points being made, however what you had was the chicken pox, it is almost always survivable...

My main concern about a bio terror scenario is that terrorists will use the prevailing winds to spread the virus.

Again I have heard that even those who were innoculated 30 years ago are no longer safe. Question is would the booster actually give you the virus? Seems as if 1 out of three do develop the sickness after taking the vaccine.

There is not enough vaccine world wide to innoculate everyone. After the first responders and the military, high profile elites, we will be left to our own defenses.

All it will take is ONE person in your neighborhood to be confirmed and you will be quarantined.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar,

If it is weaponized it will likely be a strain that no vaccine, current or old, will protect against.

It is very difficult to create a bioterror weapon of this sort. It would probably not be terrorists, but a government attack, at the very least a government handing it to terrorist patsies.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Well that is what is alluded to in the OP. That even though 'we' felt it was erradicated by the late seventies and so no longer even considered it or created vaccines as the poulation grew and people from other Nations began to move into the country.

It was most likely handed over or sold to rogue Nations long ago and the possibility of it having been grown over these many years to be used as bioterrorism is very very possible.

If only one pound caused the problems it did, and over the ocean which is wet, and during daylight, it is most certainly much more potent than any strain that has been held in sealed locations for study by either US or Russia.

I have heard on this site before that if it was truly erradicated in the seventies then why keep ANY in secured locations? Makes sense to me.

That it has aquired Hemmoragic qualities scares the piss out of me. Someone has had 20 years plus to tamper with it and to make the most lethal weapon ever.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

CNN Reports on the 200 flu vaccine clinics that are being held at polling sites across the U.S.

www.disclose.tv...

Maybe the mass vaccinations at polling sites are related to the story of the OP...

False flag bioterror?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrapop

You have to be kidding me!
I have never in my life seen such a blatent act of desensitization of the sheeple as 'this' rediculous piece.

How absurd.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It is possible that if you consider the implications of Bio Terror happening before the new President is sworn into office, we could have Bush in office indefinately? It would be the most vulnerable time to get hit...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

thank you so much for all of this info, especially about the herbs... this is seriously terrifying news and we all need to be as prepared as possible. i'm going to go out and get as much of these herbs as i can....i've heard so many good things about cat's claw (uña de gato) and i'd been wanting some anyway!

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CureWish

You function better in crisis if you have covered all of your basis and are mentally prepared and it sounds as if your instincts are already tuned in.

Fear and anxiety will serve no purpose other than to stun you into a sort of shock or apathy.

Do what you can to be as prepared as you can and then live your life. If something happens, you will have a good measure of groundedness you will need, if nothing happens you will have some great stores and knowledge.

I do hope that some of our professionals can join us to discuss the facts and what to do to help infected loved ones in an emergency situation.

We need to know how to make homemade IV solutions from salt and sugars, how to care for our loved ones without a Dr. or hospital...

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I see a potential reason for the FEMA camps and coffins that has been talked about. Maybe they know of a vanished test strain (enhanced smallpox) and are preparing for an outbreak of the worst kind.

I think its more plausible than the draconians are going to enslave America.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
With the op I think it is time to start thinking in terms of what you can do to combat this possibility. If you have some of the most basic of preparedness it will not be such a shock if it does come.

I do not see this as being something that can only affect America, instead once it hits as in the mock situations outlined above it will or could potentially affect everyone on the planet.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
An interesting and confusing couple of reports I found googling this situation:

First in 2000 CNN Reports the following:

Eight children hospitalized in Russian smallpox scare

VLADIVOSTOK, Russia (CNN) -- Eight children were hospitalized with a mild form of smallpox after playing with discarded vaccine vials they found in a Vladivostok garbage bin, authorities said.

The vials were found by the youth in a garbage bin outside an Epidemiological Center near a trash bin.

You can read the full story here: archives.cnn.com...

Then in 2001, one year later Putin declares the following in a press release in the Associated Press:

Putin says Russian smallpox, anthrax are secure.

WASHINGTON -- Russian President Vladimir Putin declared it impossible for someone to buy or steal deadly anthrax or smallpox from his country as some suspect has already happened.

So which report is most accurate? Could it be that as early as 2000, World Governments knew that the cat was out of the bag and that these secure locations were not at all secure and in fact by human error mistakes had been already made which endangered lives World wide?

The report goes on to state:

The highly contagious and deadly smallpox virus was eradicated 21 years ago and is known to survive only in laboratories in the United States and Russia. Germ warfare experts suspect that other countries, including North Korea and Iraq, may have secretly obtained stocks.

Sounds like they were attempting to place blame anywhere than on themselves and their 'secure' locations. The report also goes on to blame Osama BinLadin and Iraq for any future outbreaks which may happen.

Now if Iraq had or Al-Quaida had these weapons of Bio terror does it not make sense that they would have used them at the start of the Iraq War?

You can read the full report here: www.chron.com...

[edit on 5-11-2008 by antar]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The Defense Department is working with other federal departments to strengthen America’s defenses against smallpox. Over 500,000 military personel have been given the vaccine and more than 40,000 medical first responders.

You can read what the US Military is doing to prepare for the continuity of order in the event of an outbreak here:
www.smallpox.mil...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join