It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you be doing Election Day/Night?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Other then voting of course...

Will you be glued to the BoobTube?

Watching the empty suits and skirts on the alphebet media?

Not me, OH NO.

Tomorrow i will have a nice day, a relaxing day.
I will get up at 7am, pack my car up with fishing gear, and then head to out to vote.

After i vote, i will drive out of town, with no radio, no internet, no tv, no means of comunication.

I will only take a book to write in, a bottle of rum, a pack of cigs, and i will spend the entire day fishing. Sitting at the side of a river. Enjoying the freedom of the outdoors, the smell of nature. Listening to the soft roar of the river, maybe even strip down and take a dip.

What are you going to do???

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think I'll be kicked back with a bottle of Red Stripe and counting down the minutes until the 5th.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I won't be watching or paying attention all day. I'll vote, go back to work, go home and play with my daughter. I'll find out who won Wednesday morning.

I just want one more peaceful day before I have to start fighting President Obama at every turn.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I plan on putting on a pot of coffee and watching the nonstop television coverage throughout the evening.

Election Days are like my Super Bowls!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I will be sleeping, as i live in london. I have to say it is about time this election is over, just how long will the next one last for, lol.

Should people be campaigning for the 2040 election now, lol.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm going to try to ignore it until a little while after the polls close in Pennsylvania. The situation should be becoming quite clear by then.

I really don't want to hear all the garbage prior. I know that the networks will do the same thing as they did in 2004, when they had all but called the race for John Kerry by 3 in the afternoon based upon the exit polls. In a repeat of the 2000 race in Florida, when they called it way too early for Gore, I also fully expect them to call Indiana for Obama the instant the polls close (I think McCain wins the state comfortably, however).

Nothing like a little last day voter manipulation from the media.

[edit on 3-11-2008 by vor78]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Other then voting of course...

Will you be glued to the BoobTube?

Watching the empty suits and skirts on the alphebet media?

Not me, OH NO.

Tomorrow i will have a nice day, a relaxing day.
I will get up at 7am, pack my car up with fishing gear, and then head to out to vote.

After i vote, i will drive out of town, with no radio, no internet, no tv, no means of comunication.

I will only take a book to write in, a bottle of rum, a pack of cigs, and i will spend the entire day fishing. Sitting at the side of a river. Enjoying the freedom of the outdoors, the smell of nature. Listening to the soft roar of the river, maybe even strip down and take a dip.

What are you going to do???

Wow i might join you TkainZero. What a great idea!

Although my plans are. Taking my son up to my parents in the country side tonight away from the city and any possible violence in case the outcome is not favorable to people in my area. Then tomorrow i will wake up go to the polls cast my vote for McCain go home and play with my son all day. He is a little to young for fishing. Might have to give him a few years on that.

God Bless and Hope you have a big catch tomorrow! I expect this thread to be updated by you after your fishing trip!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Probably watch the results on an off during the night.

However, living in the east time zone I'm thinking I'll need my beauty sleep before its over.

Hopefully I'll wake up on the 5th and it will be all decided.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I will load my weapons, pack up some watter batts, and food. hen sit and wait for all the tards of our lands to respong to the unseen manipulations so many of us see and recocnize. Also I will praying that the attacks dont go down.

To protect your and your own will be the only real goal when it all goes down.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I've got a feeling I'm going to be busy keeping the Decision 2008 forum clean.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'll probably tune in and out.

I kinda want to see which one of these candidates will turn this into court tv.

Supreme Court, anybody?

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I may do cartwheels to celebrate the end of the malicious political TV ads... Then come up for a breath of reality and get assaulted with the Christmas ads that will surely flood the airwaves next. ( least they dont trash each other though )
I actually plan on kicking back.. watching Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe on Discovery and checking in on the poll results every so often.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I live in Hawaii our vote doesnt count, so I will work, and play with my 10month old son. Beach it, the weather has been beautiful lately. Have a wonderful day,

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I will take up guns and blunt instruments and take to the streets. Everyone will fear me. Tis the only way to celebrate election day.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Man, that sounds great. For me, scotch not rum, and no cigs, but the rest sounds like heaven.

Instead, I'll be spending the day tomorrow like today, in digital land, trying to get this freaking aeroplane machine to fly.

Tomorrow night is party time... take out Mexican from the best restaurant around, and hopefully celebrating an Obama victory. But vastly entertained in any case.

(Sorry, I know you won't be celebrating an Obama victory...
)

And Intrepid, I do not envy you your job tomorrow!

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I've got a feeling I'm going to be busy keeping the Decision 2008 forum clean.

Lol....yeah...just be glad that you aren't a law enforcement officer or something like that...it could be worse. But yeah i think you are probably right.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'll be picking up my daughter early from daycare, locking the doors and windows tight and hoping that no one does anything stupid.

Note - City of Chicago is expecting more than a million people in the city center in anticipation of an Obama victory. That victory celebration may get out of hand fast. On the other hand, if Obama loses, that million man get together could easily turn into a mob.

Source: www.guardian.co.uk...

I imagine the same around various other major cities.

Also, thinking of a disaster situation - if you think about it, the effect of a terrorist strike in any one of these places with so many people gathered in a small area, would be staggering and devastating. I really hope people use their heads tomorrow night.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
yeah you should probably do what I'm doing if your in chicago.lol not funny, but it kind of is. It would only take that one mob to get a national state of emergency. isnt it cute how many options these guys keep open .

[edit on 3-11-2008 by BeyondBelow]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'll be sitting at home wondering if i should risk going to work the next day. Anything could happen tomorrow and the day after. We really just don't know and it's really testing my nerves right now.

But in that case...i'll probably be floating from the tv and ATS to see peoples reactions to what is happening. Tomorrow is going to be a historical day. Whether it's good or bad point in our history is what i'm worried about.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I will be getting up to vote, then I will be working a bit, and then finally at home watching the tube, most likely the DirecTV News Mix, so I can watch all of them at the same time (I'm kinda like Elvis that way).

Then, I fully expect to be celebrating an Obama victory, breaking the silence of my quiet suburb community with howls of joy, and then waiting patiently for either others of like mind or grumbles from the otherside of the spectrum.

And of course, I'll most likely be on ATS.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join