It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you be doing Election Day/Night?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I'll be working on the set of "Doc West" a Movie being produced by an Italian production company here in Santa Fe. Italians could care less about American politics. They don't even care about Italian politics.

Whoa.... is that like the reverse of a Spaghetti Western?

Americans used to go to Italy to film westerns, and now Italians are coming to America to film them... go figure...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Ladies and gentelmen, have a wonderful election day.

May you all be safe.

Im out.

Vote with your concensios
do not be intimidated
and never forget

Our vote is the mechinism of our society, without it, we are nothing.

And i can honestly say, i am still undecided who i am voteing for for president.

Im in a state where BO is going to win.
And, yestersday, Ralph Nader came on the Michael Savage show, the ONLY politicain to do that this year...

Nader is a far left canidate, but at least he is honest about that...

And, the sad part is, i agree with him about 30-40% of the time, compared to about 5-10% for BO, and about 20-30% for Juan...

So im off...

Take it easy...

And....

God Bless America

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by whaaa
I'll be working on the set of "Doc West" a Movie being produced by an Italian production company here in Santa Fe. Italians could care less about American politics. They don't even care about Italian politics.

Whoa.... is that like the reverse of a Spaghetti Western?

Americans used to go to Italy to film westerns, and now Italians are coming to America to film them... go figure...

You nailed it. I'm in the extra holding area now on my laptop, watching the returns/polls, drinking coffee and BS'n with the other extras and crew.
"Doc West" staring Tarrence Hill and Paul Sarvino, produced for the European Market. We may get it on DVD but not the theaters.
Thank you Gov. Richardson for promoting NM as Tamalewood, jobs, jobs, jobs.

[edit on 4-11-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I live in Ireland, but I'm staying up, few bottles of wine, big pouch of tobacco and no work in the morning.

A laptop with ATS open for some running commentary and I'll sit back and hopefully see Obama win.

Either way this is an historic election, I 'm not American but I've been gripped by this election, the first time I've ever been glued to American politics.

Will be nerve-wracking I'm sure, but fun.

Hopefully see some of you guys on the boards - I'm in for an all nighter, not going anywhere until there is a President Elected

Marker

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I have a physics exam tomorrow so this is quite a distraction to say the least. i would love to kick back and watch how it goes down but must learn about collisions and centers of mass.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Pizza, beer, wine, coffee, TV.

A mini SuperBowl kinda party....

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Election day is like superbowl day in my family, my husband and I have the bigger house between all of us, so in the last 12 years, everything has fallen to us...Thanksgiving, Christmas dinner, new years, SuperBowl, and now Elections. We will be holding a dinner party, complete with wine, in fact I will be placing out cheese and crackers and grapes onto the table after I write this, as friends and family are already showing up for all the SNL reruns my husband recorded over the year, so it looks like we will be kicking off with some laughs, and then pulling an all nighter for the results. we have plenty of food, desserts and wine, and a poker table if things get boring. We have Obama fans and Mccain fans alike, no fighting, just some good ole jabbings,
the only thing that sucks? I have to do this again on the 15th for our thanksgiving dinner...60 people this year! and we dont' cater, I get the ham and turket from Honeybaked, and then everyone brings a side dish......this year there are more kids than ever, so we are renting a bouncy house, and all the parents will be bringing in pumpkins a few days before for the kids, this will be the first year we do this, but I think the kids we absolutely love it...as well as a pumpkin and turkey pinata! I can't wait!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The first results should be coming in as I leave work. Since I'm in the pacific time zone, that means that at 4pm when I leave, it's already 7pm on the east coast. I'll leave work, go home, have some pizza and then start watching the local news channels. We lost our internet (our modem died and the new one hasnt arrived yet) so no net to play on, and we lost our direct tv because of payment issues. Oh well. The three local channels should be enough to keep us in the mood. My husband and i are excited to watch all the returns come in. w00T!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
My kitchen sink is cleaner than it's EVER been!
I'm trying to find things to do to pass the time until the numbers start coming in. About 5-6 hours from now...

I'm with OMS. Good Mexican food, our remotes and my electoral votes lists.
I'm an election nerd.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'll be doing what most of you will be doing.

Sitting back or standing. watching TV or surfing the internet. smoking or drinking. surfing ATS or BTS. Playing video games. debating things or debunking them. reading books and, hopefully, avoiding a riot if that were to happen.

Not that it would but theres always the possibility.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I plan to watch cartoons all night and go to bed with a peaceful mind and wake up in the morning and learn then whether I should celebrate or mourn.

Who the hell am I kidding?

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I posted this on the wrong thread earlier...

Tonight I will be "dancin in the streets" as we enter a new era of global cooperation based on collective desires not collective fears.

This truly is the beginning of a new era of hope in the hearts of mankind. As I read the blogs today I see citizens of every country offering there words of hope and peace to us.

Some may call all of us blind and naive, but the only true thing that matters is what exists in the heart. And what exists in the hearts of Americans and the world around today will be manifest tomorrow as our great new Leader challenges the great People of the United States and the World to reach our highest potential as both humans and humanity.

All I can say is wow....

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Bless your heart HH. I wish I had your optimism!

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I came home early...

No fish biting...

But, even the worst day of fishing, beats anything...

My voting at the polls went smooth. only stood in line for mere seconds...

I went thru the whole ballot, starting with state and local inistatives first...

Then the local reps...

Then the big one...
I came to that box for president...

6 choices...
Obama Bin Biden
Ailin' and Nailin
The Other Black Guy
The Green Party
Barr and WAR...
And then there was Nader...

Nader...

Im not a fan of the mans policies... but at least he is one of the honest ones. thats more then i can say for Juan and BO...

I must have spent 15-20 mins... just standing there...

Everything i know running thru my mind...

I live in a State that is going to go to BO, so, i knew i could write in Mickey Mouse and it wouldn't make a diffrence...

So i thought, and thought... and when i was standing there, i was thinking of what i heard Nader said...

Yesterday, Ralph Nader, a far left canidate, came on a radio talk show that i like (The Savage Nation). For that, i have to respect the man. Juan McShame refused to go on the the show, BO refused to go on the show, but here is Ralph Nader, a man whose political values are the polar oppisete of the Radio host, where they would disagree on EVERY issue, execpt of the fact the this country is the greatest to ever grace this earth...

So up to yesterday, i had never even considered Nader, not even the slightest of thought, in fact, i barely knew he was even in the Race...

And here he is, and i loved what he said.
He lashed out at BOTH BO and Juan McShame. He called them what they ARE...

TransNationalists...
Owned by the intrests of Wall Street...
More intresting in lining the pockets of thier freinds, then defending the rights of the American People...

Nader called upon us, the thinkers, the people who are sick of the status quo. Those that KNOW that neither party represents the people. He called upon those who were planning not to vote, and those that are undecided.

Nader represents the protest vote, and he called it that. He reached out to Every American who is sick of this political system... and, in doing that, probaly cost McCain the Election...

With more then just the standard R&D options, i think that most of the people who were going to hold their noses and vote for McCain, decided that he didn't deserve their vote, and he doesn't... If it was just between BO and Juan, i think Juan wins... but, with all these other options, it gives people another option, and i think more people then EVER are going to take that option, even though the Goverment Media Complex Complex did more to supress third parties this election cycle then ever.

So there it is...

What did i learn, i would rather vote for someone who i agree with a third of the time AND is honest, then either of the main stream charletons...

I fear many people are going this route... \

So there it is...
Thats all...

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Voted and it took just moments. Dragged the hubby to vote and he was happy...after he voted. Went to eat at the neighborhood pub and am now haunting ATS and CNN. Hmmm, for an election junkie, life is good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join